[Fanfic]Ed Bunny/Heroes of Mayhem: The Frameup/The Crossover

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

[Fanfic]Ed Bunny/Heroes of Mayhem: The Frameup/The Crossover

Postby Piebunny on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:13 pm

Presenting the first ever Heroes of Mayhem/Ed Bunny, PI Crossover!

IN THE LAST ED BUNNY MYSTERY.....
"The Cat Loder has been murdered!"
"The cops will be here any second, Loder!"
"Miss Sidhe, I think we have a problem...."

"What can I do you for, Ed?" Miss Sidhe said in my ear.
"I need you to get me outta here before I get arrested for moider. And hurry!"
"What? What do you mean?"
"Long story, de upshot of which is dat I've been framed for da moider of da human Loder."
"Human Loder?"
"Yes.... Can we discuss dis later, please? I need ta get outta here pronto."
"No problem, Ed. Let's see..... I can open a portal for you in the fifth-dimensional axis that will take you to an alternate Mayhem, where you can hide out until this mess is sorted out."
"Whatever you're gonna do, Sidhe, please do it before da cops bust me!"
"Sure thing. I'm sending a reprogram signal to your TF gun right now, so when the red light comes on, fire it at the nearest wall."
Da red light winked on. "Go!" Miss Sidhe yelled. I didn't need ta be told twice. I fired a poiple beam at da wall, and where it hit, a portal shimmered. I quickly leaped through just before it closed and tumbled into anodder woild.....

It was a delightful day in the land of Mayhem. The birds were shining, the sun was singing and things were generally really pleasant all round.
The Heroes of Mayhem were taking a day off, relaxing by a swimming pool which was generally accepted not to have been there before, but nobody really seemed to mind. Only 43 was a bit edgy.
"Hey, 43, what's up?" Cameo asked, looking at him over her sunglasses.
"That crossoverwithpiebunnite sample has been acting strange. I think something is about to happen."
"You worry too much," Cameo said, settling back to relax.
WEFFZZZAKPTNURLOGORPNIMHKAPOWZA! With an overly elaborate and suspiciously derivative sound effect, a purple hole tore itself open in the sky.
"Wow, that looks sorta--" Cameo started to say, then was abruptly cut off by a stocky man in a trenchcoat and hat landing on top of her.
"Ow," he groaned. "Oof. Lucky dis human-sized, bony object broke my fall."
"Mmmmph!" Cammeo mmmmphed from beneath Ed, for that was indeed who he was.
"Whoa!" Ed yelled, getting up quickly. "Looks like dat human-sized bony object was a human-sized bony human! Cameo?" Ed asked, blinking.
"Who are you?" Cameo demanded crossly.
"Have you got concussion or something? Ed Bunny, Private Eye. I just talked to you a coupla hours ago."
"I have never seen you before," Cameo said, and the looks on the other Heroes' faces confirmed this.
"Miss Sidhe?" Ed asked, whipping around and putting his hand to his earpiece. "Something screwy's going on."
There was no reply.

I took my earpiece out and shook it back and forth. "Miss Sidhe! Miss Sidhe, are you dere? Come on, answer me!"
No response. Da earpiece was dead as da doornail in a dodo's tombstone.
I threw it on da ground. "OK. I'll bite. What in da name of Sam Spade's ghost is going on here?"
"Ask him," Cameo said, dusting herself off and pointing at a guy who looked exactly like...
"Number 43!" I growled, levelling my TF Gun at him. "Alright. How'd you get out of da big house?"
"I have never been in the big house," 43 said. "Well, not me personally. I do have some rather dubious alternates at various extents on the fifth-dimensional axis."
I blinked. "In English."
"Call it a parallel universe."
"OK. So how did I get here?"
"My guess is an energy burst, possibly ionised gamma transducted radiation, was sufficent to open a vortex in the fabric of the space-time continuum."
"In English."
43 sighed. "Reality broke."

Meanwhile, in the laboratory of the Mayhem City Police Department, Sergeant Berk was very puzzled.
"Tomoe, Oi am very puzzled."
"I don't see how you can be," the other man said, his glasses glinting in the shadows obscuring his face. "The evidence is straightforward."
"But Ed Bunny would not shoot someone like that."
Tomoe sighed. "Let's go through it again. One. The victim is found dead of a laser wound. Two. There is one laser gun at the scene, positively identified as the murder weapon. Three. Ed Bunny's fingerprints were the only prints on the gun."
"There are no prints on the trigger."
"Let me worry about that, hmmm? If you ask me, the man's gone nuts. Put out an APB and bring him in."
Berk sighed. "You're right." He pressed a button on his walkie-talkie. "Senior Constable Corran Star, put out an All-Points Bulletin on Edward Bunny. Bring him in alive, if possible. And untransformed." He sighed and sat back. What was done, was done. Soon, every police officer in the city would be hunting the renegade PI down.

"OK," I said. "Let's forget about reality breaking for da moment. What is dis place?"
"Well," 43 said, "as far as I can gather, it is called Mayhem."
"But dis place doesn't look a thing like Mayhem! Dere's no tall buildings, no conveniently-placed stores, no suspicious abundance of dark alleys...."
"What did I just finish telling you about the fifth dimension?"
"Not much...."
43 sighed. "OK. It has been suggested by many that there are multiple universes parallel to our own. This is untrue. There is, in fact, only one universe. However, this universe has five dimensions. The first three are the ones in which we are able to move freely. The fourth is, of course, Time. And the fifth determines what course events take. Say, for example, you see a dollar coin in the street. You pick it up, or you don't. These events can't happen at once, so they instead happen at different points on the fifth-dimensional axis. You follow?"
I snorted. "Please. Dat sounds like it was copy-pasted from da description of a lame Internet roleplay dat never really made it off the ground."

Cameo frowned inwardly. She just didn't trust this man. Perhaps it was the outfit, perhaps the accent. Perhaps it was the fact that he had landed on her. Either way, she was not inclined to trust him. "So who are you, anyway, and where did you come from?" she asked, eyeing Ed suspiciously.
"I already told you, Cameo," Ed replied, turning to her. "Ed Bunny, Private Eye. I come from da City of Mayhem."
"But there IS no City of Mayhem," Cameo argued.
"Dere is, and dat's where I came from."
Ed and Cameo started bickering while 43 put his head in his hands. "Why nobody ever listens to me I'll never know...." He went off to start a game of something.

"...and furthermore, I have never owned a UFO! Nor have I ever driven one unlicensed, crashed into a bar and decapitated five people! Seriously, I haven't! Not once!" Cameo yelled at me.
"Sure about dat, dollface?" I replied.
"Stop CALLING me that! And stop falling from the sky and landing on top of me!"
"Dat only happened once and you know it!"
"Once is MORE than..."
"Time OUT!" yelled 43, putting his hands together into a T. "Both of you quit your damn bickering. You just ruined my game of 'How will the last poster be eaten alive by locusts'!"
I glanced over at da coicle of people who were throwing down paper and pencils and walking away in disgust. "Sorry about dat, 43."
"Doesn't matter, Ned."
"Ed."
"Whoever you are!"
I thought I caught a glimpse of someone, a dark figure, out of da corner of my eye. However, when I toined to look, dere was nobody.
Strange...

"So.... what do you guys think of this Private Eye guy?" Kum-El asked her comrades.

"Obviously, he is a freak from another dimension. We catch him, cage him, and exploit him for money," Ten suggested.

"I think... We must make friends!" Malachy went, "Or we could swallow his heart in a blood ritual to our dark god."

"What?"

"Nothing!" Malachy quickly answered.

"Okay...." Kum-El frowned, "Next order of business. Where's Atescu and Deku?"

Meanwhile....

Deku was tied to a pole whilst Atescu danced around it, covered in the juices of red berries, since the blood of his enemies wasn't at hand.

"This is illogical."

Back to Kum-El and gang people....

"Hey Listen!"

"The board recognize Chairman Mcannoyingfairy," Malachy announced.

"That's Miss Sidhe!" Announced the hologram, "Anyways, if this guy is a Private Eye, think he could gather info? Say, where we could find transport to the Isle of Earth?"

"How do you know we need to go there?" Ten asked.

"Plot convenience."

Last edited by Piebunny on Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
That goat came to me of its own free will.

ImageImage

My buttons have imploded the universe 4 times.
Author of Do the Seconding!
(I take no credit for the Seconding itself; that belongs to ProfessorTomoe.)
Not to mention The Ed Bunny Mysteries!
Hey! I do MSTs! Check 'em out now, funk soul siblings!

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kum-El on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:30 pm

Get ready to meet a whole new Kum-El, Cameo and pretty much everybody else Ed...
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jonixlord on Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:14 am

Oh, jeez. This'll be interesting.
"They can't grab me if I'm on fire." - Dan McNinja

"There's no depth to my shallowness." - Daniel Tosh

My Favorite Webcomic
Jonixlord
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:50 am

I think "interesting" won't even begin to describe it... :wink:
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cameo on Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:21 am

OzLionHeart wrote:I think "interesting" won't even begin to describe it... :wink:

SECONDED!
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:03 pm

Somehow, I got roped into writing half of this.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:12 pm

Note to all, my computer being on the fritz and me being paranoid about documents and this lab top, it will be a while till I do anything. Also, I never agreed to write this, only to their being a crossover, which I assumed would be written entirely by Pie with me as a creative consultant. Apparently not.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:07 pm

....I assumed you knew you were writing part of this. 0.o Somehow there has been a breakdown of communication.

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:40 pm

Here's how it went down.

Pie: Can I make a crossover?
Jesse: Righteous!
Pie: I'll take that as a yes...

Later on...

Pie: Oka, now when are you going to right your half?
Jesse: Excellent!

After replying to your post and bouncing on my chair....

Jesse: Wait, what?

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:43 pm

Do you want to write half of the story, or do you want me to write the whole thing? I'm cool either way.

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:03 pm

You writing the whole thing was what I thought originally, with me as a creative consultant.

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:06 pm

So, do you think that's what should happen?

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:09 am

...OK, I'll take that as a yes. Part 1.5- Ed's arrival.

It was a delightful day in the land of Mayhem. The birds were shining, the sun was singing and things were generally really pleasant all round.
The Heroes of Mayhem were taking a day off, relaxing by a swimming pool which was generally accepted not to have been there before, but nobody really seemed to mind. Only 43 was a bit edgy.
"Hey, 43, what's up?" Cameo asked, looking at him over her sunglasses.
"That crossoverwithpiebunnite sample has been acting strange. I think something is about to happen."
"You worry too much," Cameo said, settling back to relax.
WEFFZZZAKPTNURLOGORPNIMHKAPOWZA! With an overly long and suspiciously derivative sound effect, a purple hole tore itself open in the sky.
"Wow, that looks sorta--" Cameo started to say, then was abruptly cut off by a stocky man in a trenchcoat and hat landing on top of her.
"Ow," he groaned. "Oof. Lucky dis human-sized, bony object broke my fall."
"Mmmmph!" Cammeo mmmmphed from beneath Ed, for that was indeed who he was.
"Whoa!" Ed yelled, getting up quickly. "Looks like dat human-sized bony object was a human-sized bony human! Cameo?" Ed asked, blinking.
"Who are you?" Cameo demanded crossly.
"Have you got concussion or something? Ed Bunny, Private Eye. I just talked to you a coupla hours ago."
"I have never seen you before," Cameo said, and the looks on the other Heroes' faces confirmed this.
"Miss Sidhe?" Ed asked, whipping around and putting his hand to his earpiece. "Something screwy's going on."
There was no reply.

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:08 pm

*cough*

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby catldr24 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:24 pm

...you said it yourself. "There was no reply."

XD
Drayco: ((Oh yeah, I forgot he's been repeatedly used as a weapon during the fight. ^^; ))
At least when I'm multitasking, I know where I can go to retrieve my mind.
My Inventory

Current form: So zetta slow!
catldr24
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:27 pm

Part 2- Both Sides of the Divide

I took my earpiece out and shook it back and forth. "Miss Sidhe! Miss Sidhe, are you dere? Come on, answer me!"
No response. Da earpiece was dead as da doornail in a dodo's tombstone.
I threw it on da ground. "OK. I'll bite. What in da name of Sam Spade's ghost is going on here?"
"Ask him," Cameo said, dusting herself off and pointing at a guy who looked exactly like...
"Number 43!" I growled, levelling my TF Gun at him. "Alright. How'd you get out of da big house?"
"I have never been in the big house," 43 said. "Well, not me personally. I do have some rather dubious alternates at various extents on the fifth-dimensional axis."
I blinked. "In English."
"Call it a parallel universe."
"OK. So how did I get here?"
"My guess is an energy burst, possibly ionised gamma transducted radiation, was sufficent to open a vortex in the fabric of the space-time continuum."
"In English."
43 sighed. "Reality broke."

Meanwhile, in the laboratory of the Mayhem City Police Department, Sergeant Berk was very puzzled.
"Tomoe, Oi am very puzzled."
"I don't see how you can be," the other man said, his glasses glinting in the shadows obscuring his face. "The evidence is straightforward."
"But Ed Bunny would not shoot someone like that."
Tomoe sighed. "Let's go through it again. One. The victim is found dead of a laser wound. Two. There is one laser gun at the scene, positively identified as the murder weapon. Three. Ed Bunny's fingerprints were the only prints on the gun."
"There are no prints on the trigger."
"Let me worry about that, hmmm? If you ask me, the man's gone nuts. Put out an APB and bring him in."
Berk sighed. "You're right." He pressed a button on his walkie-talkie. "Senior Constable Corran Star, put out an All-Points Bulletin on Edward Bunny. Bring him in alive, if possible. And untransformed." He sighed and sat back. What was done, was done. Soon, every police officer in the city would be hunting the renegade PI down.

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kum-El on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:32 pm

Update! MOOORE!
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Piebunny on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:00 am

Sorry guys, what with one thing and another, I just haven't had time to get an update together. I'll get it out as soon as I can.

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Berk on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:11 am

Whenever you get it ready Piebunny, like we keep telling Dan. We would rather good work and a wait between than fast and half-assed.
Berk: Logically breaking the laws of logic.
Epic Bunny: 11910 Bunnypoints

Cool Ellen quotes:
Is that all you noticed while in my shirt?
Yo Piggy! Get away from my brother 'fore I make you squeal!
Ah Yes, The Wonder Twins... They do complicate matters don't they?
That crazed look could have meant any number of things!
I feel significantly less menacing.
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
I'm supposed to know how magic works?
I thought I was ready for man-on-Ellen loving.
Mom told me to wake you. She was unspecific as to how.
Excuse me, I need to find something heavy and blunt to kill you with.
You can make marbles even more shiny?
Well, that, or "Mind your own business, jackass!"
Magnet!
Dammit, she can thumb-type every word, but she can't bust out the emoticons?
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:17 am

Berk wrote:Whenever you get it ready Piebunny, like we keep telling Dan. We would rather good work and a wait between than fast and half-assed.

SECONDED.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby A Fan on Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:25 pm

EMPHATICALLY THIRDED.

It's looking quite good at the moment. I look forward to more, but whenever it works for you.
For information on this and other subjects, consult your local ninja.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
Remember: You can't spell combustion without two O's
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:29 pm

Berk wrote:Whenever you get it ready Piebunny, like we keep telling Dan. We would rather good work and a wait between than fast and half-assed.

Really? That put alot of wait off of me when I start back on the HoM stories.

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:31 am

Part 3- Yeesh, Finally

"OK," I said. "Let's forget about reality breaking for da moment. What is dis place?"
"Well," 43 said, "as far as I can gather, it is called Mayhem."
"But dis place doesn't look a thing like Mayhem! Dere's no tall buildings, no conveniently-placed stores, no suspicious abundance of dark alleys...."
"What did I just finish telling you about the fifth dimension?"
"Not much...."
43 sighed. "OK. It has been suggested by many that there are multiple universes parallel to our own. This is untrue. There is, in fact, only one universe. However, this universe has five dimensions. The first three are the ones in which we are able to move freely. The fourth is, of course, Time. And the fifth determines what course events take. Say, for example, you see a dollar coin in the street. You pick it up, or you don't. These events can't happen at once, so they instead happen at different points on the fifth-dimensional axis. You follow?"
I snorted. "Please. Dat sounds like it was copy-pasted from da description of a lame Internet roleplay dat never really made it off the ground."

Cameo frowned inwardly. She just didn't trust this man. Perhaps it was the outfit, perhaps the accent. Perhaps it was the fact that he had landed on her. Either way, she was not inclined to trust him. "So who are you, anyway, and where did you come from?" she asked, eyeing Ed suspiciously.
"I already told you, Cameo," Ed replied, turning to her. "Ed Bunny, Private Eye. I come from the City of Mayhem."
"But there IS no City of Mayhem," Cameo argued.
"Dere is, and dat's where I came from."
Ed and Cameo started bickering while 43 put his head in his hands. "Why nobody ever listens to me I'll never know...." He went off to start a game of something.

Sorry for the wait.... ^_^;; Hope it was worth it!

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:41 am

WAAAAH! Nobody likes it! *dejection*

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Berk on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:52 am

*Hugs Piebunny*

Don't feel too down, this has been a long time coming and even the most rabid of bunny may have forgotten.

As it is, this one seems very different to the other two. So far I think I preferred the others though I'm not sure what exactly is is about them that I prefer.
Berk: Logically breaking the laws of logic.
Epic Bunny: 11910 Bunnypoints

Cool Ellen quotes:
Is that all you noticed while in my shirt?
Yo Piggy! Get away from my brother 'fore I make you squeal!
Ah Yes, The Wonder Twins... They do complicate matters don't they?
That crazed look could have meant any number of things!
I feel significantly less menacing.
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
I'm supposed to know how magic works?
I thought I was ready for man-on-Ellen loving.
Mom told me to wake you. She was unspecific as to how.
Excuse me, I need to find something heavy and blunt to kill you with.
You can make marbles even more shiny?
Well, that, or "Mind your own business, jackass!"
Magnet!
Dammit, she can thumb-type every word, but she can't bust out the emoticons?
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Next

Return to Mayhem