Aspects. Ch 15 (Forum Fiction) Updated 1/15/08

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Postby Kum-El on Thu May 10, 2007 8:15 pm

MOOORE!
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby sven8705 on Thu May 10, 2007 8:17 pm

Sweet, I'm finally in a forumfic!

Wait, Squata? Are you insane, man?! This story is building up to something grand and I'm glad to be reading it. More, please.
I introduced myself on page 42 of the newbie intro thread. Truly this means I am the answer.
sven8705
Keenspot Deity

Postby Grim Atescu on Thu May 10, 2007 8:27 pm

...oh, dear Lord... Squata involved in here, too...

MORE! *waits eagerly to see who/where he'll be, even though he's not coming 'round for quite some time*
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby VOR on Fri May 11, 2007 2:20 am

...I have the nagging suspicion that Sven's gonna pull a Kefka on me, for some inscrutable reason. I guess Squata's LIKE using bio-weapons, kinda...of course, Kraggi's probably a more Kefkaesque figure (which is nothing like Kafkaesque, despite the pronunciation).

I like your story, Malachy. Heck, it's the first thread I read upon my return to the forums, and I've been keeping up with it. The characterization is good, and you've obviously put a lot of thought into the political details of the setting. And, of course, I'm flattered by your portrayal of me. It feels nice to rule over each of my superiors from War, at least in a different reality.

Emperor Vor, while strong, is by no means an inhuman figure. He's capable of a great deal of callousness and cruelty (he's willing to unleash SQUATA, after all), but he knows how to maintain loyalty among his followers: kindness, generosity. Love, in rare cases. I like that in an evil overlord. It's so often that they lose those tidbits of warmth once they assume the throne. He's the quiet sort of evil: aware of his power but perfectly aware of his exact limitations and willing to allow his followers to make up for them with their own expertise. It'll be interesting to see what comes of him.

...and the others, too. The Generals seem to be the villains of this piece (though I won't be surprised if one or two redeem themselves, before the end), and villains always deserve screen time. Not quite as much as the heroes, and much of it's flashback-time, but their stories are the reasons for the heroes' stories, and that's always interesting.
"But first, I must meditate for a time." -Mahasamatman
VOR
Keenspot Deity

Postby Sqauto on Fri May 11, 2007 5:45 am

Would it be right of me to think that someone has been doing some research into the workings of War?

Either way, the steampunk setting is someyou you are really getting to work well here (hell, one of the best versions I've seen in a long time...and I don't just mean online, I mean anywhere).

So once more I wish to thank you for this update, but to also thank you for placing myself and the others in here.

May the blood now flow thick and fast. :D
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Postby Lomgren on Fri May 11, 2007 8:05 am

...I shall add my voice to the cries of "moooooore!"

And this setting... this would work well as a video game. Very well indeed.
"Illustrious 'Lommy' Lomgren" - anti-paragon, "The Doer of Impossible Things" - Demonic Duck
(Got pulled in by the GPF guest strips. Read the archive in one night, getting 2 hours of sleep)
Image Image
Epic Patrol Bunny artist and avatarist, 12867 bunnypoints (version 2.8, Oct 31, 2006)
Image Image
My inventory ... Where I finished reading carrot..?
Avatar drawn by KillerFish, colored by me. Thanks!
(banners clickable!)
Lomgren
Keenspot Singularity

Postby Malachy19 on Fri May 11, 2007 9:16 am

VOR wrote:...I have the nagging suspicion that Sven's gonna pull a Kefka on me, for some inscrutable reason. I guess Squata's LIKE using bio-weapons, kinda...of course, Kraggi's probably a more Kefkaesque figure (which is nothing like Kafkaesque, despite the pronunciation).

I like your story, Malachy. Heck, it's the first thread I read upon my return to the forums, and I've been keeping up with it. The characterization is good, and you've obviously put a lot of thought into the political details of the setting. And, of course, I'm flattered by your portrayal of me. It feels nice to rule over each of my superiors from War, at least in a different reality.

Emperor Vor, while strong, is by no means an inhuman figure. He's capable of a great deal of callousness and cruelty (he's willing to unleash SQUATA, after all), but he knows how to maintain loyalty among his followers: kindness, generosity. Love, in rare cases. I like that in an evil overlord. It's so often that they lose those tidbits of warmth once they assume the throne. He's the quiet sort of evil: aware of his power but perfectly aware of his exact limitations and willing to allow his followers to make up for them with their own expertise. It'll be interesting to see what comes of him.

...and the others, too. The Generals seem to be the villains of this piece (though I won't be surprised if one or two redeem themselves, before the end), and villains always deserve screen time. Not quite as much as the heroes, and much of it's flashback-time, but their stories are the reasons for the heroes' stories, and that's always interesting.

....I....I don't know what to say. I am beyong honoured that you think so highly of their portrayal. I will admit that this chapter has been not only the most fun to write, but also the one I am most proud of. I love my villains, I love them so so much and I am glad that I was able to portray them well enough. I am also very glad that I was able to get across the political situation of the area, for what is a war if there are no politics involved?

Sqauto wrote:Would it be right of me to think that someone has been doing some research into the workings of War?

Either way, the steampunk setting is someyou you are really getting to work well here (hell, one of the best versions I've seen in a long time...and I don't just mean online, I mean anywhere).

So once more I wish to thank you for this update, but to also thank you for placing myself and the others in here.

May the blood now flow thick and fast.

Heh, I must admit I have been an on and off War lurker for quite some time now. And as mentioned briefly by Vor above, I did purposely but all you players from War together on purpose, you have such excellent chemistry together it was so fun to write.

As for the setting, Steampunk has always had a very warm place in my heart, it was one of my favourite, of not my all time favourite setting. As another fan of steampunk, saying you enjoy my setting so much means a lot, thank you.

And, on another note, this chapter brings an end to Part I. Expect the first chapter of Part II: Tinderbox, next Friday (hopefully)
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby BumRussianElvis on Fri May 11, 2007 4:38 pm

Oooh. I'm creepy.

And slimey.

I like it.

Now I just have to read the rest.
The Chronicles of the Jelly Donut. C'mon, you know you wanna know what is is.
psycho_BUNNY wrote:The Slavic Hobo King of Rock 'n Roll.
BumRussianElvis
Keenspot Deity

Postby FaweFC44 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:56 pm

*Licks this thread, resulting in page-one-ness!*
The 'You Are _ _ _ _!', 'My Personality Is...' and all things related are stupid. There will be no argument on this.
Malachy19 wrote:[07:03] Malachy 19: yes, I TOUCH myself

Context is for the WEAK.
FaweFC44
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malachy19 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:59 pm

>.> I'd say I'm wokring on it, but that would be a complete Lie.....
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby VOR on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:14 pm

Tell you what, Mal. I think bribes are in order. You make a chapter, I'll make a piece of Aspects fanart (of somewhere between 'mediocre' and 'good-but-not-great' quality), thus stroking your ego and encouraging you to make more chapters by positive association. Whadda ya say?
VOR
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:17 pm

Heheh I'll see what I can do. I'll sit down and try to crank something out. And yes, ego stroking bribes work rather well on me ;)
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby VOR on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:42 pm

Pride. It's a good sin. [/Martha]
VOR
Keenspot Deity

Postby A Fan on Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:21 pm

Funny, I figured Ms. Stewart would rather endorse Greed or Gluttony.
For information on this and other subjects, consult your local ninja.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
Remember: You can't spell combustion without two O's
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malachy19 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:45 pm

Ok, and we start off Part II: Tinderbox with a fun little filler chapter. And VOR, I will be awaiting that bribe ;)

Chapter 11: Pink Zephyr

-------------------

Aboard he Zephyr

It was halfway through their second day of travel. The sun was high in the sky and the cerulean waves were below. They had already breached the limits of the mainland and were traveling towards the southern continent at speeds Kylen never thought were possible. At the current rate, Captain Serendipity, though the half-feral was loathe to admit it, would be right; this was indeed, the fastest ship in the skies and could reached the elven lands within three days.

But the fact that that smarmy pirate was right was the least of his problems at the moment. For the past two days that spoony brigand couldn
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby sven8705 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:06 pm

Woo! More story! I really like where this is heading. It certainly has an Epic feel to it.
I introduced myself on page 42 of the newbie intro thread. Truly this means I am the answer.
sven8705
Keenspot Deity

Postby Lomgren on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:09 pm

Epic is always good. I can't wait to read more.
"Illustrious 'Lommy' Lomgren" - anti-paragon, "The Doer of Impossible Things" - Demonic Duck
(Got pulled in by the GPF guest strips. Read the archive in one night, getting 2 hours of sleep)
Image Image
Epic Patrol Bunny artist and avatarist, 12867 bunnypoints (version 2.8, Oct 31, 2006)
Image Image
My inventory ... Where I finished reading carrot..?
Avatar drawn by KillerFish, colored by me. Thanks!
(banners clickable!)
Lomgren
Keenspot Singularity

Postby Grim Atescu on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Ooh...
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:04 pm

Great read, Cammy better watch it or Queen might just nab Kylen up before she gets a chance :lol:
FerretBob: The angry young lady with the hammers is 10.0.0.1
Yun in regards to my RP style: Like the RP equivalent of AC/DC... you play the same character every time, but she's a great character, so we don't mind ^_^
BinaryWraith (Steph from classmates): That was wierd. Not 'sweet transvestite' wierd, more 'sitting in a belltower with a rifle, singing "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts"' wierd.
binarywraith: What the loligoth. :)
Jonixlord: Does it bother anyone that a girl RPing a guy is getting into a relationship with a guy RPing a girl? just curious.
From Aspects Chapter 8: Ten watched the professor with utmost caution. She trusted this man about as far as she could throw him. Which, given her upper body strength, or lack thereof, wasn’t very far at all.
Yun: Riten himaini ni-Ten, den risenka nige himai (Person-writes not-well Ten, but person-thinks he well)

Kraggi: The fact that you're insulting a majority and not a minority does not make it any more tasteful.
Keenspot Deity

Postby FerretBob on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:40 pm

GrrrrRRrrrRRRrrrrrRRrrRRRRrrrrrRrrRrrrrRrrrrRRRRrrrrRRRRRrrrrRRRRrrrr
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams"

"Some people never go crazy... What truly boring lives they must lead" - Blackie Lawless
FerretBob
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby VOR on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:44 pm

Eh, Cap'n Ser's a better catch anyway.

...aaand now I have to decide which scene I wanna draw/color/offer up as a humble bribe. Any suggestions, Mal? Keep in mind that I'm going to be asking for details about the way you picture the scene and the characters in YOUR head so it'll be a better portrayal. I have enough trouble keeping track of their species.
VOR
Keenspot Deity

Postby FaweFC44 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:01 pm

Huzzah for flirting!
The 'You Are _ _ _ _!', 'My Personality Is...' and all things related are stupid. There will be no argument on this.
Malachy19 wrote:[07:03] Malachy 19: yes, I TOUCH myself

Context is for the WEAK.
FaweFC44
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malachy19 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:41 pm

sven8705 wrote:Woo! More story! I really like where this is heading. It certainly has an Epic feel to it.

Thanks, I have a problem with not being able to make anything non "epic." Guess I play too many console RPGs.

Angry Ferret wrote:GrrrrRRrrrRRRrrrrrRRrrRRRRrrrrrRrrRrrrrRrrrrRRRRrrrrRRRRRrrrrRRRRrrrr.
Hehe, calm bown there sparky, it's just a story ;)

VOR wrote:.aaand now I have to decide which scene I wanna draw/color/offer up as a humble bribe. Any suggestions, Mal? Keep in mind that I'm going to be asking for details about the way you picture the scene and the characters in YOUR head so it'll be a better portrayal. I have enough trouble keeping track of their species.

Hmm...I'm gonna have to go with a scene from Chapter ten with VOR and his Generals. I love that scene.

FaweFC44 wrote:Huzzah for flirting!

Huzzah indeed
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby KylenPhylar on Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:49 pm

Hey..hey...Down Ferret...it's just a story. I'm not actually after HQ.
Avatar By Sanchay. Yes, the Original is back
ImageImage
Because I think I am. As does Nok, who counted the points
~ I know -I'm- not dead, just lacking in the meat department. ~: BinaryWraith

Supreme Commander of Fort Mayhem. Meaning No "My Gun is Bigger" fights, got it?

My ForumFics: The Writer's Pen, Wolf of the Seas
KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Cuddling with Hinata, working on a world domination plan.

Postby A Fan on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:31 pm

Cue next part in Jealous Boyfriend/Well-Meaning Male Friend dialogue. ("Why not? What's wrong with her!?") :roll: ;)

Another fine chapter, Malachy. As always, I eagerly await the next one.

Why do I detect a hint of foreshadowing about that tongue-cutting comment...
For information on this and other subjects, consult your local ninja.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
Remember: You can't spell combustion without two O's
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem