[Fanfic] Angels

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

[Fanfic] Angels

Postby Mythos on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:50 pm

You know, normally I don't do quick little fics like this, but something about the lyrics and the story comic as it stands just fit. I also don't normally do songfics, but what the hells, right?

Song is Send Me An Angel by the Scorpions.

Copyright and usage stuff applies. Thanks for letting me play with your toys, Dan-o. ;)

Angels
By
Joshua Trujillo

The wise man said just find your place
In the eye of the storm.
Seek the roses along the way,
Just beware of the thorns

A pause. A beat. That's all it took. Ellen took a step back. Then another. She opened the door to the porch and closed it behind her.

Uh...not just now...but thanks...

How could she be so clueless? Ellen held a hand to her heart. She felt the tears that wanted to come, but they didn't. At best, they evaporated against the heat of her cheeks. How could she think that Nanase-

But it was there, wasn't it? All the signs that she wanted to see. And, of course, the signs weren't there, but she still saw them. Confusion. Certainly not deliberate. She had opened up and Nanase had been thickheaded again. Ellen knew that the girl-turned-guy was normally thickheaded, but damn. That hurt. A sob escaped and Ellen reached up and rubbed her nose to cover it. She'd hoped that, perhaps naively, she could find some solace in his arms. Her arms. Dammit, Tedd! Pronoun confusion only made it worse.

The winds began to pick up, cool, but not entirely uncomfortable against her heat. She didn't feel like she had blushed, but who knew? Who would know? Not out here. That was the point, wasn't it? Ellen stopped and looked up at the cloudless sky, bursting with little stars. Twinkling brittle points. Just like her. So lonely...in the darkness. Each point so isolated from the others and yet, together in the vast fabric.

She wanted the tears to come, dammit! Ellen leaned against the railing and looked down to the driveway below. The night, which seemed like years ago, had gone exactly like she wanted and nothing like she'd expected. Maybe not all like she had wanted, but close enough. Then Nanase...Ellen shook her head. She couldn't blame everything on Nanase, much as she wanted to. True, the redhead's thick 'act' seemed more appropriate to a male form, but she was still that way even with a pair of boobs. Ellen, of anyone, would know. She sniffed and rubbed her nose again. It was cold. She shivered and folded her arms across herself. She wanted to run. She wanted to simply be free with herself, but she couldn't. Hell, she couldn't even be free with her friends. Nanase had been her first try and look how that turned out?

Ellen started at a sound. The patio door slid open behind her and she turned. She gaped at the one sight she longed for, the one person that she wanted to see, to talk to...to hold...Nanase stood, female once again, a questing, almost needy look on her face as the wind blew her hair.

And Ellen turned to her.

The wise man said just raise your hand
And reach out for the spell.
Find the door to the promised land
Just believe in yourself.
Hear this voice from deep inside,
It's the call of your heart
Close your eyes and your will find
The way out of the dark

Reader of It's Walky! since May 17, 2002
Member of the IW! community since around October / November 2002
Survivor of the Great Keenspot Forum Crash (Febuary 2003)
Father of IW! Fanfiction
Fanfics in EGS:
Fantasmas en la Nieve
Christmas in the Snow
The Happy Pure Fics - Overheard Again
Angels
The Fate of Hearts
Mythos
Keenspot Despot

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:59 pm

*Cheers wildly*Dude, that totally rocks!^^ even if it is a short one-shot fic...it is well worth the time you put into it.^^
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Mythos on Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:06 pm

Much thanks, my friend. Just sitting here, working on FELN. Had a good dinner with my girlfriend and a good night. Came home and have just been listening to music since.

Just some songs get an image in my head and won't get out until I do something about it. That's what this one did.

Glad you, and whoever else might read it, enjoyed it. :D
Reader of It's Walky! since May 17, 2002
Member of the IW! community since around October / November 2002
Survivor of the Great Keenspot Forum Crash (Febuary 2003)
Father of IW! Fanfiction
Fanfics in EGS:
Fantasmas en la Nieve
Christmas in the Snow
The Happy Pure Fics - Overheard Again
Angels
The Fate of Hearts
Mythos
Keenspot Despot

Postby Hogan on Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:57 am

*salutes*

Two thumbs up and lots of kudos-points Mythos! :D

Great capturing of the mood and thoughts of Ellen in those panels without explaining text!
Seeing is believing... Describing is making believing!
My craziest project so far: The Webcomic Crossover & Cameo Archive
Off course, who can completely forget The Crossover Wars
Hogan
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Mayhem