The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpos

Postby kgirl1992 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:15 pm

SleepyOrigami wrote:My point is that refusing to communicate is like burning bridges. As long as the bridge exists it might open for traffic again, but burn it and its gone forever. Not that theres anything wrong with burning bridges. I've done that a lot. Now I'm more like an island than a person who isn't lonely. Feel free to join the island club, we have snacks (the irony is that the total isolation prevents the sharing of said snacks).

If you really work on it you can turn the islands into a archipelago and help each other through it
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mandros on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:55 am

i need more then a hug, i need a mechanic. when i start my car it doesn't want to stay running and keeps stalling i figure maybe its just cold so i rev it a bit to warm it up and keep it going. on my way home from work my car starts driving a little squirrely so i figure i better check my tires when i get home. as i start to i turn on to my street i find out i have lost power steering so i force it on to my street just to have it stall... again i manage to get it to my driveway to find out my two back tires are totally flat. so now i have two flat tires, no power steering, something that's making it stall and who knows what else. and i need it fixed by midnight Monday so i can get to work

ok mostly fixed now turn out the fix was to replace the one flat tire fill the other three the random stalling was causing the loss of power steering now the only problem left is the random stalling.
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:06 pm

*hugs* good luck fixing the stalling
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mandros on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:10 am

argh i be so stupid i wanted to start over with my computer so i reinstaled windows xp.now it wants me to call a toll free number and give microsoft an instalation key that my computer should have given me. now im calling long distance (during the day when i should be sleeping might i add) and now im waiting for help so i can use my main compy again now just got to reconnect the net "yawn". but first sleep :sleep:

working on an RP

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kgirl1992 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:49 pm

So, I've been having a hard time lately, nothing that big just a lot of little stuff happening at once and bringing up old insecurity's and they are even worse then last spring (and last spring was the worst it has ever been).

Now my winy angst bit that I fully expect most people to ignore and I don't really care I just need to get it off my chest

Last night I was cleaning my room and found my (ornamental) dagger, I zoned out thinking about the day I got it, and when I snapped out of it I realized that I had subconsciously been trying to cut my wrist. I'm scared, there were a few times last spring that I ended up fantasizing about cutting but this was as close as I've ever actually gotten. I get addicted (to games and stuff so far nothing dangerous) too easily I know if I start I wont be able to stop.

I really need someone here to give me a hug and slap me upside the head, but all the people I trust are to far away.
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cheez on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:14 pm

*Ker-headslap*

Look, cutting yourself will achieve absolutely nothing. All it will do is cause you pain, damage your body and make you look ugly. Yes, scars are badass, but not when they're self inflicted, especially from those pussy shallow cuts most cutters do. There's only two times you should cut yourself- when removing splinters or whatnot, and when you actually want to kill yourself. And even then I'd reccomend a less painful (And more likely to be fatal) method.

Now, I've never met you and I don't know what you're like to be around, but from what I've seen of you on this forum you seem like quite a cool person. Someone I'd quite happily be a friend of. So here's my advice: something brings up old insecurities? Say to that thing, "Fuck you, thing. I am sexy-awesome." And if you feel that negativity building up, don't keep it pent up inside you until it gets to the point where you're going to do yourself harm. Find some way to release it. For example, as well as being damn fun, my re-enactment serves as great stress relief. And before I did that, I'd hit a punching bag, sometimes until my fists were bleeding. So I guess what I'm trying to say is don't damage yourself, get it out by damaging something else. But not someone else. That would be bad.

*Hug*
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:13 pm

What Cheez said.

*hug*
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Thank you both.

Trust me if I wanted to kill myself I'd do something with a higher success rate, like a swan dive off a building or standing on train tracks (and no I haven't been fantasizing about that). I'm glad you think I'm a cool person (it means way more then it should at this point). Unfortunately it isn't just someone, its a bunch of things mostly my being paranoid, but I think "Fuck you, thing. I am sexy-awesome." could be a very helpful mantra. The problem is things have already built up and I cant find anything that helps for long, and the few things that I have found that help I can only do every couple of weeks or months... I really need to get more of a life. It would also help dispel that "Nobody actually wants me around its just easier to put up with me then get rid of me" fear
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mandros on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:15 am

*hugs*

kgirl1992 wrote: "Nobody actually wants me around its just easier to put up with me then get rid of me"

lies all lies

don't forget that online friends do count as part of having a life. we're prefect for talking about problems with.

working on an RP

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:06 pm

mandros wrote:*hugs*

kgirl1992 wrote: "Nobody actually wants me around its just easier to put up with me then get rid of me"

lies all lies

don't forget that online friends do count as part of having a life. we're prefect for talking about problems with.

I know its stupid but its been one of my biggest fears for as long as I can remember
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:54 pm

*hug*

I've had that now and again. I think it comes from being a fairly shy person in RL. That and my social anxiety disorder.
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:03 pm

I blame it on being homeschooled, so even the people that I feel really close to a only see once or twice a week... Which you would think now that I'm working and seeing people more it would go away but it just keeps geting worse
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby uberschveinen on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:54 am

Although self-mutilation and suicide seem pretty similar at first glance, there's a world of difference in what can drive a person to do such things, and what it is they hope to achieve from their acts.

Self-mutilation, cutting yourself, is an act of power. It's generally done by people who feel a distinct lack of control over their own lives, and who feel intensely uncomfortable as a result. It works as a sort of reassurance; a means of saying 'I am in control of my own flesh', even if you are in control of nothing else. Intriguingly, this is similar to how anorexia often works.

No amount of addressing your thoughts of self-mutilation is going to meaningfully deal with the underlying cause. That is where the work has to be done if you want this to end. You can either take away the thing that makes you feel out of control, or find a more constructive means of exercising your control over your life and proving to yourself you are still in control.

What is it, then, that makes you feel like you have no control over your life?
uberschveinen
Keenspot Despot

Postby mandros on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:07 am

Uber is right about the first part but it begs the question. Uber do you just lurk on this one thread in the vague hope that someone has a problem that you can try and help solve. that aside if it is true that you are subconsciously harming yourself (Something i know too well) try not to dwell on the problem but find an enjoyable solution to both fix the problem and prevent future problems.

working on an RP

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:02 pm

This reminds me of a history teacher I once had in high school. He was this tall, extremely thin guy with thick glasses, a long brown ponytail, and a clip-on lord of the rings silver earring with elvish writing on it. He had a bad attitude and seemed to think he was better than everyone, but that's beside the point. He was apparently a protester of the Vietnam war who somehow ended up in the military anyways. Not sure if he fought in any wars or anything, but he did often talk about the proper ways to commit suicide. Ya know, like the proper cutting method to ensure maximum blood loss or sitting positions which reduce the messes left behind from spilt blood and fecal matter for others to clean up. If anyone fell asleep in his class, he would take a red sharpie marker and "slit" their throat. He'd say something like "if Charlie saw you napping like that you'd be dead son". Haha, what a character he was. I didn't like him very much.

Anyways, for someone like him I think Uber's description would apply, but I don't believe that is what is happening to you Kgirl. It sounds more like curiosity combined with an active imagination and feeling bad. This is something I've had only I was more into thinking about swallowing sharp or shiny stuff, like fish hooks or broken glass, than cutting. Maybe it'd kill me, or maybe I'd just have terrible pain, either way all I could think was "what would it be like". For me, such fantasies were more about this sense of wonder and experience rather than as a means to an end.

Have you ever wondered what it looks like to shove your face in a pot full of boiling water on a gas fired stove? What do your eye see as the corneas burn? Does everything just become milky white as the damage makes the clear lens opaque? Will the water make it into your throat via the nose? Do I accidentally knock the water off the stove onto myself as I jerk in sudden reaction to the pain? Why was I cooking in my pajamas! They absorb more water than regular clothes and now the heat clings to my body. My feet, that pot was heavy when it fell. And so on and so forth. You probably aren't interested in all the little details like how the water put out the flame so the room starts to fill with gas or how I cry out but with scalded throat and tongue my voice carries no sound. Ah, that was a vivid one. Moving on.

I don't think I would ever do such a thing, but I have an active imagination at all times whether I have anything to do or not. Whether I feel good or crummy, my mind still churns away imagining things. When I feel good I imagine positive things, and when I feel bad I imagine negative things. A trick I found that helps control negative imagination is to take active control. Don't let it idle and wander into dark realms. Try taking up a creative hobby. One that can be done anywhere. The more it requires you to focus both mentally and physically on the task at hand, the better it is. For example, drawing and writing are intensely mental, but not all that physical. Sports are very physical, but can at times be less mental not to mention you can't play sports everywhere. My solution was to take up origami. It's cheap (paper), its creative, and its very hands on. It requires a patient and focused mind for complex designs, or it can be tackled mindlessly for patterns I fold all the time. The best part is that since paper is extremely portable, Origami can be practiced almost anywhere imaginable. Its my creative outlet. My suggestion is to give creativity a try and go make stuff you like to make next time you feel this way. It helps me. It might help you.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mandros on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:31 pm

sleepy you imagination scares me ... and im a freaking necromancer

working on an RP

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:09 pm

I am full of frustration. SO my friend and I built the computer and it worked. And I installed windows after he left and everything was going well. That thing was fast. Then I install all the software and drivers that came with the parts and pieces, including a program that would supposedly allow the motherboard to control it's own overclock optimization, and updated windows, and hit reboot. It hasn't been able to start up again since.

We had a similar startup problem earlier when we tried setting the bios for overclocking and it wouldn't start up. The motherboard led would display error code FF and blink. This means it is stuck in a reset loop of some kind. We fixed that the first time by resetting the bios on the motherboard. I tried that. It involves disconnecting power to the computer, taking this tiny piece of plastic off two pins, putting it on two other pins, then putting it back onto the first two pins again before turning everything back on again. So I'm using needle nose pliers, and I drop the tiny plastic piece and it falls underneath the motherboard and won't come out when I tilt the case. So I unscrew 10 to 12 various screws so I can pick the motherboard up and retrieve the piece. I get the piece then finish the bios reset procedure and screw the mother board back in. Only once I get it back in I realize that I goofed when I put it back in the case (there were some metal case pins that interfered with my usb ports) and I had to unscrew it and take it out again.

So I started taking one piece out at a time then putting it back in to see if that would resolve the issue. It didn't and eventually I removed a piece that I can't seem to put back on my own. It makes me feel incompetent and very frustrated that I can't seem to get the cpu heatsink bracket to fit on its clamps so I can secure it. I mean it's two metal hooks and I can see where they need to hook on. What could be simpler?? But even if I try to bend the metal loops to reach the hooks they just don't seem to physically fit together. Only I know they do because they were together before I disconnected them. It shouldn't make me so upset, but I feel ridiculous. I mean that part probably wasn't what was causing the trouble in the first place any ways. The very idea that some how there exists an extremely simple task that for reasons beyond imagination I can't resolve is a real blow to the ego. If I knew why I couldn't do it that would make it so much easier to accept. Now I remember why I stayed away from computer buildin for almost ten years. Even though I conceptually understand what everything does and how it all goes together, and that it appears physically simple to do, there's always that something that gets the better of me despite my best efforts and my persistence.

Anyways, after a good five hours of trying to force the pieces together I decided I best leave it alone lest I inadvertently break something. I hope I didn't break anything already! So anyways, I had to call my friend and he said he might be able to come by tomorrow and help out again. I probably sounded stupid when I called him too because I didn't wait for my frustration to cool off first.

Today was a frustrating day. :grumble:
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:52 pm

*hugs*

I know what that's like.

It will probably turn out to be something simple and obvious, too. That's the way these things usually work. :roll:
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby mandros on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:01 pm

today may seem frustrating but once you get it fixed you will look back and laugh, ether due to a quick fix, an overly complicated fix or from pure insanity from it suddenly working when your friend comes over for no reason.

working on an RP

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby psycho_BUNNY on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:42 am

My problem is simple.

Boy meets girl.
Boy trusts girl.
Boy tells girl of his trust issues, in detail.
Girl assures boy of her love, boy reciprocates, and they are happy for a while.
Boy discovers, one day, that girl straight up lied to him about something, hoping he wouldn't find out, even though the answer was right out in the open for him to stumble across. (Which is what took place-- I just happened upon it.)

What's worse is I haven't had communication with her since this discovery. I told her we needed to chat, and... yeah. No response, of any kind.

This is the best relationship I've had yet... was the best? I don't even know... part of me wants to make it work with her, but I seriously wonder how/if she'll be able to regain my trust. I don't want to throw away a connection I invested myself into so much... but at the same time, I don't know that I could ever entrust her with my heart again.

Update: We chatted. It went... about as well as I expected. Meaning that I'm not sure we're going to ever talk again.
FML.

She's always been such a match, such a good fit for me, but... a betrayal of trust, when she knew my past and relevant issues? Hardly a good fit...
psycho_BUNNY
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Brooding pensively in a corner, on the verge of either an epiphany or a breakdown.

Postby mandros on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:46 pm

dont know what to say man but though luck. I'd buy you a beer but your not here.

working on an RP

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby psycho_BUNNY on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Eh, we're trying to work through it now. Apparently the artist from the banner site ripped her. :/

I guess the issue is really that I'm not able to trust the people I date, having been hurt through both a severe form of cheating and something nigh unto verbal abuse, in the past. So I get... paranoid.
psycho_BUNNY
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Brooding pensively in a corner, on the verge of either an epiphany or a breakdown.

Postby nokvok on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:01 pm

After beating a lengthy infection, our cat was too weak to recover. After a few day of trying to get him back on his feet, we went to the Vet this morning and he was put down.

His name was Spock and he was 19 or 20 years old, thus accompanied me for most of my life - Rest in Peace and thank you.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby mandros on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:13 pm

you have my condolences.

working on an RP

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem