The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby BahamutWings on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:02 pm

That would be nice... A momento... I'll ask for one... perhaps one of his many hats.
Rest in peace Lohti... It was nice knowing you...

Brawl Taunts: The first rule of Fur Fagotry... You DON'T recover
Jesse GoA: Jim was busy doing his 'I landed upright and you suckers didn't' dance.
catldr24: And if that was too mature, D) Shut up. Rest of the argument.

Current Avatar - Zephyros Vardar
My FF Page- [link]

ImageImage
|Current EXP 5590|Next Level 360 EXP| (But keeps track anyway)
User avatar
BahamutWings
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia, Mercuria

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby mandros on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:10 pm

trust me it helps. hell i don't even believe in an afterlife and the jackets zipper don't work. but still, its hard to explain
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
User avatar
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4278
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: this location only exists in your imagination

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby BahamutWings on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Well... Thanks for the kind words.
Rest in peace Lohti... It was nice knowing you...

Brawl Taunts: The first rule of Fur Fagotry... You DON'T recover
Jesse GoA: Jim was busy doing his 'I landed upright and you suckers didn't' dance.
catldr24: And if that was too mature, D) Shut up. Rest of the argument.

Current Avatar - Zephyros Vardar
My FF Page- [link]

ImageImage
|Current EXP 5590|Next Level 360 EXP| (But keeps track anyway)
User avatar
BahamutWings
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia, Mercuria

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby mandros on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 am

F***.

F***.F***.F***.F***.F***.

its 1:00 ad I'm already half way through a bottle of vodka why because i just got fired. why was i fired, because some products expired and i never had time to remove the from the shelf (note i have the only section where it requires weekly inspections). why didnt i have time to remove them, because due to cutbacks in hours i was ether trying to get the stock out and helping customers or working cash. why was i was working cash, because no one else would we only have 2 cashiers per day.

so in total i was doing several peoples job due to cutbacks in hours and trying to at least get the vital expired off (baby food and such) and i get sh*t caned
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
User avatar
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4278
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: this location only exists in your imagination

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby uberschveinen on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:20 pm

First of all, stop drinking. The only problem that will solve is any existing surfeit of alcohol. You need to think to be able to deal with this.

If they're as understaffed as you say getting rid of someone actually willing to work to meet the deficit will kneecap their operations there very efficiently. You've got more leverage than normal under that situation. It won't be enough, but it's enough to be working on.

Now in all likelihood they've fired you because the manager responsible decided that the fastest way to make his life easier because of the situation that came up is to fire you. It often works, because it lets them offset the blame safely and then cut it away before it explodes. What you need to do, if you want to keep that job, is to make firing you such an embuggerance for him that he'd rather keep you on and deal with the real issue another way. The best thing to do in situations like these is play the lawyer card. It's basically a massive neon sign that tells anybody involved in a situation that you're willing to make a big a stink about this as you have to to get what you want. Don't bluff with it, though.

Now, since losing this job has sent you into panic, I'm inferring that you genuinely can't afford to lose this job, which means you probably can't afford to retain a solicitor. If you can retain a solicitor without compromising your finances, you should. 1-2 hours talking to one will let you get all the information you need to be able to decide what to do, and whether you can handle this alone, whether you'll need help, and whether it'll be worth it to take things further. $200-400 at the most, and it will generally be worth it, even if only because there's a small chance being able to name the solicitor as your agent in the case will solve the problem then and there.

If you can't afford that, there are options. If you're a member of a union, this is when it all becomes worthwhile. They're not just for parties and tax deductions; they're large groups of employer relations experts with legal expertise and experience whose entire business is helping people like you in situations like yours. Best of all, once you've contacted them they'll willingly take the lead on the issue, making things much easier for you.

If you can't afford a solicitor and aren't in a union, there are still options. The problem is you just don't know what they are. Find out. Get a copy of your employment contract, award, or whatever it is. If you don't have one, make them get it for you. In any formal employment situation, they will either be obligated to have given you a copy of your terms of employment already, or to give you one on your request. Request it right. Don't get angry or emotional, just state your point clearly and concisely, but determinedly. Make it clear that you're taking this seriously, and that you're not just going to go away. Also ensure you find out under what premise they have fired you. If they ask you why, and they will, say "I have had legal advice to the effect that I should". It's true, even if you don't talk to a lawyer or the union, since you've read this post. It'll also make them take you seriously.

Once you have it, check it carefully for explicit terms of continuation of and termination of employment. Read them carefully, and make sure you understand them. Find the part they said let them fire you, and make sure it did. If it doesn't, you've got a very solid angle of attack. If it kind of sort of does, you're going to need advice as to whether you can attack them from here. If it explicitly does, then that's no good, but it may not be legal. You'd be surprised how many low-level employment contracts contain illegal provisions just because nobody involved in making them knows a damn about the law. Check the federal and state law as applies to it. This is where a lawyer earns their pay, because you're goign to have some trouble finding this legislation and precedent, let alone seeing how it can help you. You may, depending on where you live, be able to access some kind of plain-language legal database for your situation, in which case you should.

Then, and only then, should you proceed. There are all kinds of options in your situation, but you likely can't see most of them, and the best ones will always be hidden.

Once you've got your plan ,follow it with full force. Often, the sheer shock of a sudden and determined action will get people dismissed on vague claims jobs back. If it is, good, you can calm down. It's worked. If it hasn't, and it settles into a protracted campaign, things get tricker, and you'll have to figure out how to keep yourself going while you push your case. That, though, is an issue for later, and we can deal with that once you've gotten there.
User avatar
uberschveinen
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:36 pm

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby mandros on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:46 am

first of all you seem to have your tenses confused. i was fired not going to be fired. there decision was final. as for how my finances have been. lets just say i have lived on 1 packet of Mr noodle a day before and i can do it again. i have my contract and it was technically correct. it states what i was required to do, half of which no one ever did or was impossible do to short staffing.

EDIT: wow just over 24 hours of losing my job i get a new one. sure its minimum wage at subway but still a job
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
User avatar
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4278
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: this location only exists in your imagination

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby PixelHead777 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:38 pm

.
Last edited by PixelHead777 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12836
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:48 am

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:22 pm

KITTY!!!!!! *glomp*
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
Image
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
User avatar
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 6681
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:13 pm
Location: "growing up" purgatory

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby PixelHead777 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:28 pm

.
Last edited by PixelHead777 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12836
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:48 am

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby FaweFC44 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:50 pm

PixelHead777 wrote:Pissed off kitty is still pissed off.

Luckily for this pile of ingrates who can't seem to move about without kitty, pissed off kitty is also bored.


You are as delusional as you are male.

PixelHead777 wrote:*gets bored of this, just walks and waits at her inbox for anyone that cares...*


You'll be waiting for a while.
The 'You Are _ _ _ _!', 'My Personality Is...' and all things related are stupid. There will be no argument on this.
Malachy19 wrote:[07:03] Malachy 19: yes, I TOUCH myself

Context is for the WEAK.
User avatar
FaweFC44
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 7090
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:04 am
Location: :I

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby Author-Man on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:52 pm

FaweFC44 wrote:
PixelHead777 wrote:Pissed off kitty is still pissed off.

Luckily for this pile of ingrates who can't seem to move about without kitty, pissed off kitty is also bored.


You are as delusional as you are male.


*standing ovation*
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
User avatar
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8252
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: SO AWESOME /)^3^/)

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby PixelHead777 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:03 pm

.
Last edited by PixelHead777 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12836
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:48 am

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby Author-Man on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:08 pm

We tried that before. You're here, so clearly it didn't work very well, now, did it?
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
User avatar
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8252
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: SO AWESOME /)^3^/)

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby FaweFC44 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:08 pm

PixelHead777 wrote:You know, you could have just said "We still don't want you here, get the f*** out" and I would have understood. There's no need to be cryptic about it.


I honestly can't believe you thought it was cryptic.

PixelHead777 wrote:The kitten who seems to have effectively killed Mayhem by leaving. And only because so many people didn't like her being around. Interesting.


I like the implication that you were the lifeblood of Mayhem. If that were the case, I would happily bleed out.
The 'You Are _ _ _ _!', 'My Personality Is...' and all things related are stupid. There will be no argument on this.
Malachy19 wrote:[07:03] Malachy 19: yes, I TOUCH myself

Context is for the WEAK.
User avatar
FaweFC44
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 7090
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:04 am
Location: :I

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby PixelHead777 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:11 pm

.
Last edited by PixelHead777 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12836
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:48 am

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby Author-Man on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:16 pm

The best bit is the part where he thinks he's worth the effort of being told to go away, despite the fact that he already LEFT FOREVAR (as though anyone believed that would last).
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
User avatar
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8252
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: SO AWESOME /)^3^/)

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby Cameo on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Author-Man wrote:The best bit is the part where he thinks he's worth the effort of being told to go away, despite the fact that he already LEFT FOREVAR (as though anyone believed that would last).

Pretty much this. Although I'm equal parts utterly baffled and vaguely offended at the notion that we can't do anything without Pixel. We got along just fine without you, thanks, and there wasn't the slightest change in activity level.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
User avatar
Cameo
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12719
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:19 pm
Location: My Face O'Clock

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:28 pm

but we have had a bit of an influx of posts since she made a half dozen posts
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
Image
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
User avatar
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 6681
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:13 pm
Location: "growing up" purgatory

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby Cameo on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Apples and oranges. Reacting to an event of interest (in this case, the reappearance of the biggest drama queen/creep the forum's ever seen) is a short-term spike in activity, not a long-term rise or fall in activity levels.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
User avatar
Cameo
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12719
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:19 pm
Location: My Face O'Clock

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Yes but when Pixie was around more there was always something that people where yelling at her for, so people did post more.
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
Image
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
User avatar
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 6681
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:13 pm
Location: "growing up" purgatory

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby Cameo on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:42 pm

And yet you'll note that the forum was entirely capable of functioning and being active and generally not coming to a complete halt when he wasn't here to cause drama. Besides, I think you're overgeneralizing anyways.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
User avatar
Cameo
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12719
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:19 pm
Location: My Face O'Clock

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby Author-Man on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Screw overgeneralizing, she's just making stuff up off the top of her head just to be contrary and also because she likes Pixel for some unfathomable reason.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
User avatar
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8252
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: SO AWESOME /)^3^/)

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby FaweFC44 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Author-Man wrote:Screw overgeneralizing, she's just making stuff up off the top of her head just to be contrary and also because she likes Pixel for some unfathomable reason.


Probably not because they are both female.

SPOILERS:Because Pixel isn't.
The 'You Are _ _ _ _!', 'My Personality Is...' and all things related are stupid. There will be no argument on this.
Malachy19 wrote:[07:03] Malachy 19: yes, I TOUCH myself

Context is for the WEAK.
User avatar
FaweFC44
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 7090
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:04 am
Location: :I

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby Author-Man on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:49 pm

SPOILERS:He also isn't a 'kitty'. Hell, I have my doubts he's anything other than a small coalition of very effective trolls.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
User avatar
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8252
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: SO AWESOME /)^3^/)

Re: The Hug Hospital (note: this thread has an actual purpose)

Postby PixelHead777 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:04 pm

it has come to my attention that i have once again spoken entirely out of turn. i apologize to those i have insulted, and promise never to do so again.
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12836
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:48 am

 
PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron