MKRP (Happy Holidays everyone!)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: MKRP (Last dance.)

Postby Drayco on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:24 pm

((OOC: I forgot. Is Daniel a zombie? Or just a necromancer... or yogamancer or whatever?))
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:15 am

OOC Zone
Drayco wrote:((OOC: I forgot. Is Daniel a zombie? Or just a necromancer... or yogamancer or whatever?))

This Daniel is a necromancer and a yogamancer. However, all the other Daniel's are zombies or Zombies.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:17 am

Lee dodged back further as Daniel launched his magical assault on the Jedda-creature, fending off the creature's assault with his staff.

He noticed the magical presence getting closer. I really hope that's an ally... "Careful," he called to Daniel. "Don't let him touch you."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:19 pm

The aura of cold seems to actually slow the Jeda-creature, making him less rabid and frenzied-looking somehow, as if the unnatural chill was getting through to him somehow. He pauses, turning to David slightly, and letting out a somehow annoyed-sounding mix of hissing and snarling, which feels like it has some sort of pattern to it. Daniel feels somehow repelled slightlu by the words, as if he spoke something that was meant to keep away necromancy.
It doesnt seem like the cold hurt him, probably just gave him the heebie jeebies and the feral mind couldnt quite handle it. Conveniently, his attention shifts off Lee when he does.

((Capital Zombies being the intelligent ones?
Also, think Turn Undead if you know D&D, with a bit more oomph. He spoke magic words that would repel traditional zombies and necromancy, specifically anything traditionally undead. Yogamancy and related things are completely unaffected. If Daniel is any good at either, hed probably figure out that this monster is resistant or strong against necromancy))
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:36 pm

OOC Zone
Drayco wrote:((Capital Zombies being the intelligent ones?))

Yes. And Xombies are the ones that keep all magical abilities.

Town Square
Drayco wrote:The aura of cold seems to actually slow the Jeda-creature, making him less rabid and frenzied-looking somehow, as if the unnatural chill was getting through to him somehow. He pauses, turning to David slightly, and letting out a somehow annoyed-sounding mix of hissing and snarling, which feels like it has some sort of pattern to it. Daniel feels somehow repelled slightlu by the words, as if he spoke something that was meant to keep away necromancy.
It doesnt seem like the cold hurt him, probably just gave him the heebie jeebies and the feral mind couldnt quite handle it. Conveniently, his attention shifts off Lee when he does.

"That's it, my boy," cheers Archie from the sidelines. "Show em some Gal-Zaborian spirit!"

*As Daniel recovers from Jeda's mind trick, he refocusses on his opponent, his eyes still twin wells of Oblivion, and considers his options*

That was Gaian magic, which means plan A is unlikely to work. And I have to make this look good for father.

*The young Yogamancer reaches out with his mind, commanding and communicating, as he also slowly pulls out a nasty looking concealed knife*

Kraggi's House
*Meanwhile, Other Daniel hurries, as fast as he can anyway, to the library*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:37 pm

((Oh, and, uhh... I dont know jack about how Yogamancy works, so feel free to give me an OOC dumbed down explanation for stuff whenever it matters.))
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:04 am

Drayco wrote:((Oh, and, uhh... I dont know jack about how Yogamancy works, so feel free to give me an OOC dumbed down explanation for stuff whenever it matters.))

It's basically necromancy that comes directly from the God of Death, so it isn't EVIL! But it's also harder and slower to master. Think the Light Side of Death Magic.

P.S. Daniel didn't do anything offensive last post. And 'Gaian Magic' was just his interpretation of the 'Turn Undead' effect.
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Ooc: was waiting a bit for oz incase he wanted to post. Moving on.

Ex-Jeda snarls again and just lunges at the yogamantic newcomer, trying to strike at him with rather wild and animalistic clawing and biting. His skin also has that weird, misting liquid running over it here and there. It sprays a bit as he attacks so wildly, droplets spattering everywhere. Some of it probably gets on the both of them given how far it can spray, but the individual droplets do little more than sizzle against their clothes (and/or fur, in Lee's case), burning tiny bits of it away where it hits.
If Daniel notices, the stuff looks like blood, but sizzles like acid. And on the magical spectrum, the stuff is pure, uncontrolled Chaos energy in liquid form, of an almost divine sort. Ex-Jeda's footprints are also leaving distinct holes where the stuff on his feet burns through the ground, but leaves no scorches, seemingly just cutting the top layer of the earth clean off.

(Ooc: if you want to get technical, its liquid chaos in the sense of un-creation. Think The Dip from "Who framed roger rabbit", except for pretty much everything.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:43 am

Town Square
Drayco wrote:Ooc: was waiting a bit for oz incase he wanted to post. Moving on.

Ex-Jeda snarls again and just lunges at the yogamantic newcomer, trying to strike at him with rather wild and animalistic clawing and biting. His skin also has that weird, misting liquid running over it here and there. It sprays a bit as he attacks so wildly, droplets spattering everywhere. Some of it probably gets on the both of them given how far it can spray, but the individual droplets do little more than sizzle against their clothes (and/or fur, in Lee's case), burning tiny bits of it away where it hits.
If Daniel notices, the stuff looks like blood, but sizzles like acid. And on the magical spectrum, the stuff is pure, uncontrolled Chaos energy in liquid form, of an almost divine sort. Ex-Jeda's footprints are also leaving distinct holes where the stuff on his feet burns through the ground, but leaves no scorches, seemingly just cutting the top layer of the earth clean off.

(Ooc: if you want to get technical, its liquid chaos in the sense of un-creation. Think The Dip from "Who framed roger rabbit", except for pretty much everything.

*Daniel backs off, but unfortunately, the young man is not a trained fighter. Therefore, though he barely manages to avoid taking a direct hit, he also trips over and ends up on his arse, with Ex-Jeda looming over him*

*However, at this point Feather steps out of the Inn, carrying Daniel's bag and Archie's rifle. The Zombie immediately flings the former over Ex-Jeda. And as it passes his head, the bag bursts open, raining Animate Hands!*

OOC: Zombie hands controlled by Daniel. They'll attempt to grab Ex-Jeda.

Kraggi's House
*Other Daniel arrives at the library and starts searching, with Ima's help, for a way to beat this thing*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Under the assault of grabby zombie hands, Ex-Jeda backs off, a loud sizzling noise coming from all over him as the corrosive stuff coming off him burns at the zombie hands. Daniel, on the other hand, sees a long gash across his shirt, slicing through it but not managing to get at him. The edges of the hole in his shirt are burned away slightly from the corrosive stuff. Close call!
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Town Square
Drayco wrote:Under the assault of grabby zombie hands, Ex-Jeda backs off, a loud sizzling noise coming from all over him as the corrosive stuff coming off him burns at the zombie hands. Daniel, on the other hand, sees a long gash across his shirt, slicing through it but not managing to get at him. The edges of the hole in his shirt are burned away slightly from the corrosive stuff. Close call!

*Deciding to worry about the shirt later, Daniel focusses his will through his familiars once more, as he casts Cause Pain through the hands at Ex-Jeda*

*Meanwhile, Feather edges round the fight, heading towards Archie*

OOC: I don't know how long the hands will last, but Daniel will maintain the spell for as long as possible.
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed May 01, 2013 7:08 am

Lee jumped backwards again as he was splashed, swearing in Felisari (which, to those present who did not speak the language, sounded like a cat that had its tail caught in a door. A really big cat). Lee doesn't normally use that sort of language, but then he isn't normally called on to fight two chaos-born monsters in one day, either...

He watched the creature slash at Daniel, and was relieved to see that the young human's shirt was the only casualty.

As Daniel used his zombie hands to attack Jeda, Lee took two running steps forward, and leapt into the air, over the creature. As he passed the apex of his jump, he swung his staff, and slammed the end down on the Jeda-creature's skull, hard. (As has been mentioned, the staff was made of a very hard and heavy wood, and Lee is somewhat stronger than a human his size...)
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Wed May 01, 2013 4:03 pm

Unfortunately, Jeda doesnt topple over at the attack, because even before he turned into this chaos-beast he was huge. He does, however, stumble several steps to the side as his brain bounces around his skull a bit, and combined with the pain from all of Daniel's magic, he howls and roars as he drops to one knee, chaotic fluid dripping down and sizzling all around him.

Lee's staff seems to have a small section of the surface chaos'd clean off where it hit Ex-Jeda. Likewise, Daniel's zombie hands are rapidly running out of fingers.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Thu May 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Town Square
Drayco wrote:Unfortunately, Jeda doesnt topple over at the attack, because even before he turned into this chaos-beast he was huge. He does, however, stumble several steps to the side as his brain bounces around his skull a bit, and combined with the pain from all of Daniel's magic, he howls and roars as he drops to one knee, chaotic fluid dripping down and sizzling all around him.

Lee's staff seems to have a small section of the surface chaos'd clean off where it hit Ex-Jeda. Likewise, Daniel's zombie hands are rapidly running out of fingers.

*His focus still on his hands and his magic, Daniel will use his mystic senses to try and determine if the Chaos Unmaking damage is purely physical, or whether it has a spiritual component too*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Thu May 02, 2013 4:11 pm

His diagnostic magic returns an answer of "argh" as the spell is abruptly unmade by the chaos, from the feel of it. It seems to be purely "physical", though it seems to affect magic and intangible things if they come in contact with it long enough.

However, even Daniel feels the magical surge that follows. Ex-Jeda howls loudly like a wolf, the sound and volume of it intensely painful even to human ears (and to Felisari ears probably even more...), then slowly rises to his feet. He seems to be gathering energy inside himself, probably also chaos-based. And at about the same time, that somehow familiar magical energy that Lee has been feeling suddenly spikes to a rather alarming level, before vanishing completely.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Thu May 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Town Square
Drayco wrote:His diagnostic magic returns an answer of "argh" as the spell is abruptly unmade by the chaos, from the feel of it. It seems to be purely "physical", though it seems to affect magic and intangible things if they come in contact with it long enough.

However, even Daniel feels the magical surge that follows. Ex-Jeda howls loudly like a wolf, the sound and volume of it intensely painful even to human ears (and to Felisari ears probably even more...), then slowly rises to his feet. He seems to be gathering energy inside himself, probably also chaos-based. And at about the same time, that somehow familiar magical energy that Lee has been feeling suddenly spikes to a rather alarming level, before vanishing completely.

*As Daniel desperately thinks about what he can possible do against this... thing, another Walpole takes action*

"Feather. Gun. Now."

*Upon the command, the Zombie tosses the rifle to his master, who expertly catches it, loads his emergency round, and cracks off a shot at the howling beast*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun May 05, 2013 5:03 am

Lee dropped his staff, clapped his paws over his ears, and staggered back several steps, distressed by the sound of the creature's howling.

He felt the magical surge that came with it, but was in no position to do anything about it. He did, however, react to the human firing a gun at the creature, even if it was only to yell "NO!!" at a volume that rivalled that of the howl.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon May 06, 2013 1:01 pm

((Warning: WAR!-grade post.))

Town Square

Time seemed to slow down around the scene, as several things all happened in quick succession...

While resistant to magic, it seems good old fashioned bullets are as effective as ever. Ex-Jeda takes the slug right in the middle of his chest and stumbles backwards from the impact, seeming in a mix of disbelief and standing shock. For the first time in the fight so far, he bleeds, his blood vibrantly red and contrasting with the dull red of the chaotic acid that's all over him. And for a moment, it seems that that's that, as the beast that was once a man collapses to his knees.

However, he then starts screaming in pain, a sound that's clearly half the sound of the beast in pain, and half the sound of Jeda's normal voice coming through... as the chaotic acid hits the wound, and begins to seep in through it. It bubbles violently around the small bullet hold, and it starts to rapidly widen the wound - apparently his insides aren't immune to the stuff like his outsides. The scream is maddening, not as painful as the ear-splitting howl, but painful to listen to from an empathic point of view... admittedly, it's the sound of a man realizing he's literally being burned out of existance, so it does strike a chord of fear and pity in the minds of anyone there that can feel such a thing.

But one more thing happens, and Lee feels it first, not seconds after he screamed out for Mr. Walpole not to fire.
The magical force that had been fading in and out suddenly reforms in a faint swirl of blue mist, and it does so several feet behind Mr. Walpole. The mist forms into the shape of a short man, around five feet and change tall, but nearly all of his features above the knees are hidden by a massive pinkish and peachy-colored hooded cloak that's frayed at the bottom, with cherry blossom designs here and there on it. Past that... he seems to have on some sort of simple pants with a pattern of blue and white clouds, but the pattern seems to shift slightly depending on where you look at it from, much like clouds moving above. And his visible feet are more like paws, covered in white fur.

The man walks forwards right up to the beast that was Jeda, despite any attempts made to stop him. He puts his hand right on the chaotic wound, his hand fluctuating and forming into amorphous blue cloudy mist... and he speaks quietly, but his voice is filled with magical energy, and everyone there hears it no matter how deafened they are.
"I'm sorry."
The pink-cloaked man shoves the cloudy hand against the wound, pushing Jeda down to lie flat as he does, the blue mist rapidly spreading out and covering over Jeda's chest. As it does, Jeda seems to rapidly revert to his human form, the bloody mist and beastial features fading away into the mist. But after several seconds of this, all of the color drains from Jeda's body, leaving him seemingly rendered in black and white on the ground, mostly white with black outlining his features.

The pink-cloaked figure sighs, and speaks a single word.
"Undo."
His eyes begin to glow from beneath the hood, and a faint, glowing blue mist starts to seep out of them. As this happens, Jeda's body begins to fade away into nothing but white, then vanish... as he looks up at Lee, his eye still glowing with a somehow utterly terrifying light...
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Wed May 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Town Square
"Yes," suddenly says a voice from the Rex, "you are."

*Archie, Daniel and Feather, all still taken aback by the sudden arrival, turn to see Dr Barry standing in the doorway. However, he only has strange eyes for the Reality Mage*

"And I hope your willing to listen to reason, too," the man with the strange eyes continues.
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed May 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Lee blinked, shook his head to clear it, then stared at the new arrival. "Art? Is that you?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Wed May 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Town Square

The moogly figure looks over to Dr. Barry, and facepalms. His voice loses its magical tone, and the rest of his magical aura slowly fades back into the surroundings as he speaks. "Yeah. I got a few things to take care of first, though."

He turns back to Lee, and smiles, rubbing the back of his head. He certainly LOOKS like Art... well. Sorta. Art was barely three feet tall, this guy's a little over five. And while Art had a slight squeaky, childlike tone to his voice, this one sounds more like he's in his late teens or so. Otherwise, he looks startlingly similar.
"Art. Right. That's what they called me back then." He chuckles. "Guess it'll do again..."

He walks over to Lee, and flexes his hands a little idly. "Sorry, it's been... a long time for me, since I last saw you. Like... years. You're..." He pauses, then gets a look of realization on his face. "Lee! Lee, right. Awesome catguy." Art holds out a hand to Lee to help him up. "Your ears alright?"
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed May 08, 2013 10:42 pm

"Uh... Yeah, they should be, once they stop ringing, at least," Lee replied, accepting the hand up.

He looked more closely. "It is you, isn't it. Did you say... it's been years for you? You certainly look older. Where have you been? Or should that be 'when' have you been?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Thu May 09, 2013 6:45 am

Town Square
Drayco wrote:The moogly figure looks over to Dr. Barry, and facepalms. His voice loses its magical tone, and the rest of his magical aura slowly fades back into the surroundings as he speaks. "Yeah. I got a few things to take care of first, though."

"Take your time. I'll be in the Rex."

*Dr Barry reenters the Pub*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Thu May 09, 2013 3:51 pm

"It's.... a looooong story. Uhm.... How long has it been here?"
Art scratches his head, looking suddenly tired.
"Oh, and... sorry about that Jeda guy. I don't know where he's from, but he was more or less allergic to chaotic power. So ending up in the Wastes was a death sentence for him. There wasn't anything I could do, besides remove that chaos... But there wasnt anything else left."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Fri May 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Town Square
*The Walpole's convene of to the side*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem