MKRP (Happy Holidays everyone!)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: MKRP (Last dance.)

Postby Drayco on Fri May 10, 2013 8:38 pm

The Rex

When Dr. Barry gets back inside, he finds this new version of Art leaning against a wall inside, his hood down but otherwise identical to the one outside. He looks over to the wacky-eyed doctor. "Sorry, I keep forgetting I'm semi-omniscient kinda sorta now..." He gives a calm smile. "You wanted to talk?"

Outside, in the Town Square

Another version of Art materializes near the collected Walpoles. He holds his hands up as if being held up, as he remembers that Archie is holding a gun. "Don't shoot?" He chuckles, slowly lowering his hands. "Erm... anyway. You folks okay?"
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Sat May 11, 2013 2:21 am

The Rex
Drayco wrote:When Dr. Barry gets back inside, he finds this new version of Art leaning against a wall inside, his hood down but otherwise identical to the one outside. He looks over to the wacky-eyed doctor. "Sorry, I keep forgetting I'm semi-omniscient kinda sorta now..." He gives a calm smile. "You wanted to talk?"

*The doctor nods*

"That makes sense."

*The gestures at a vacant table*

"Shall we?"

*Assuming Art sits down with Dr Barry*

"I'm going to assume that you know what I am, the link between me and John-Luke should be sufficient, and that your opinion hasn't changed. However, if you delete me, all the existences that I've absorbed will be lost as well. So I propose a compromise, reconfigure me so I'm only Dr Barry. He's the only one I've fully consumed anyway and I won't be a danger or an 'abomination'" he doesn't do the fingers thing, "anymore."

Outside, in the Town Square
Drayco wrote:Another version of Art materializes near the collected Walpoles. He holds his hands up as if being held up, as he remembers that Archie is holding a gun. "Don't shoot?" He chuckles, slowly lowering his hands. "Erm... anyway. You folks okay?"

"Yes, thank you sir," states Archie, "we're fine. I was just commending My Son on his bravery."

"While simultaneously pointing out that I still failed."

"What was that?"

"~Nothing~"

*Archie gives Daniel the squinty eye Look*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Sat May 11, 2013 2:22 am

Town Square
*The Walpole's convene off to the side*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Sat May 11, 2013 9:25 am

The Rex

Art does sit down, seemingly summoning a chocolate milkshake as he does, with all of the whipped cream and a cherry on top, along with a crazy straw. He sips idly as Dr. Barry talks. He thinks a moment once he finishes, then snickers. "Actually, I still don't have a clue who you are. Or what you are."
He leans on the table, sipping again. "Mmh, man I missed non-Prime worlds... ...er, anyway. Actually, whatever you are, as long as you don't start eating people or endangering the folks around here, we're good." He smiles. "See... while I was gone, I actually had a kinda realization. That whole Reality Mage concept was something my psyche dreamed up to keep my powers locked away until I was old enough to handle them properly. Which led to a couple painful realizations while I was away... but, anyway, that's kinda irrelevant now."

Art takes another sip, then noms the cherry, the stem sticking out of his mouth like a toothpick as he speaks. "Turns out the whole quantum galaxy thing this world floats in is actually made of raw chaos too. So baaaaaaaasically, trying to get rid of all the chaos would actually doom everything ever. So long story short, I'm still a paladin of law and order, but I'm not so stuck to my code that I can't let a little mayhem happen here and there, as long as it doesn't cause any harm." He gives a happy smile. "Cool?"

Outside

Art chuckles. "Actually, your son handled himself against what amounts to a localized eldritch abomination of raw chaos energy that devours the very concept of Existence itself. And didn't die instantly." He ruffles Daniel's hair. Amidst the ruffling, Daniel's shirt repairs itself with a light mist of blue smoke. "I've seen entire WORLDS not last as long as he did against something like that. So in the grand scheme of things, yeah, you totally won this one, dude."

He looks to Archie. "Actually, he did way better than you did... no offense, sir." He gives a disarmingly happy smile. "If I hadn't shown, up, shooting the thing would have caused its natural link to the Mayhem to bleed into this world, causing a chaotic rupture and probably Un-Making all of you." He snickers, still way too lighthearted about all of this. "I mean, it's cool, you couldn't have known. And it all worked out in the end! So all's good. I recommend y'all head home and have a good meal and a nap."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Sat May 11, 2013 1:45 pm

The Rex
Drayco wrote:Art does sit down, seemingly summoning a chocolate milkshake as he does, with all of the whipped cream and a cherry on top, along with a crazy straw. He sips idly as Dr. Barry talks. He thinks a moment once he finishes, then snickers. "Actually, I still don't have a clue who you are. Or what you are."
He leans on the table, sipping again. "Mmh, man I missed non-Prime worlds... ...er, anyway. Actually, whatever you are, as long as you don't start eating people or endangering the folks around here, we're good." He smiles. "See... while I was gone, I actually had a kinda realization. That whole Reality Mage concept was something my psyche dreamed up to keep my powers locked away until I was old enough to handle them properly. Which led to a couple painful realizations while I was away... but, anyway, that's kinda irrelevant now."

Art takes another sip, then noms the cherry, the stem sticking out of his mouth like a toothpick as he speaks. "Turns out the whole quantum galaxy thing this world floats in is actually made of raw chaos too. So baaaaaaaasically, trying to get rid of all the chaos would actually doom everything ever. So long story short, I'm still a paladin of law and order, but I'm not so stuck to my code that I can't let a little mayhem happen here and there, as long as it doesn't cause any harm." He gives a happy smile. "Cool?"

"You know," states Dr Barry, indicating the milkshake, "even if the world is ending, that's incredible rude. But as to our conversation, that depends on what you mean by harm. I'm an entity of order myself, technically, as I absorb and preserve those that would be lost inside myself. Or as me, depending how you look at things."

Outside
Drayco wrote:Art chuckles. "Actually, your son handled himself against what amounts to a localized eldritch abomination of raw chaos energy that devours the very concept of Existence itself. And didn't die instantly." He ruffles Daniel's hair. Amidst the ruffling, Daniel's shirt repairs itself with a light mist of blue smoke. "I've seen entire WORLDS not last as long as he did against something like that. So in the grand scheme of things, yeah, you totally won this one, dude."

He looks to Archie. "Actually, he did way better than you did... no offense, sir." He gives a disarmingly happy smile. "If I hadn't shown, up, shooting the thing would have caused its natural link to the Mayhem to bleed into this world, causing a chaotic rupture and probably Un-Making all of you." He snickers, still way too lighthearted about all of this. "I mean, it's cool, you couldn't have known. And it all worked out in the end! So all's good. I recommend y'all head home and have a good meal and a nap."

"Right you are, I should have used a special bullet," states Archie. "Now, thank you for your concern, but I have pressing business with the General, who has used the, ah-hum, chaos, to run off."

*He turns to Daniel*

"You run along and finish packing, and put my guns back in their case, there's a good buy."

"Yes, father," answers Daniel, taking the aforementioned weapons.

*Then, with a final good day and a nod of the head to Art, Archie heads of to find Ann again, Feather shadowing as normal*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Thu May 16, 2013 3:53 pm

(Ooc: was waiting a bit for Oz. guess he's busy!)

The Rex

Art snaps, and a second milkshake appears in front of Dr. Barry... Vanilla, with he same whipped cream and cherry, though with no straw.
"Here's the thing... I'm here now. Sage has vanished from his tower, and a town like this just buried in the middle of these Wastes can't live without a protector. Not with what I've seen going on in there." He gives a happy smile. "So I'm appointing myself to that position. Which means you dont need to go around absorbing people to protect them or whatnot."

Art sips his milkshake again, then looks back to Dr. Barry. "No more eating or absorbing or whatever-ing townsfolk, and we wont have any problems. Cool?"
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Thu May 16, 2013 4:16 pm

The Rex
Drayco wrote:Art snaps, and a second milkshake appears in front of Dr. Barry... Vanilla, with he same whipped cream and cherry, though with no straw.
"Here's the thing... I'm here now. Sage has vanished from his tower, and a town like this just buried in the middle of these Wastes can't live without a protector. Not with what I've seen going on in there." He gives a happy smile. "So I'm appointing myself to that position. Which means you dont need to go around absorbing people to protect them or whatnot."

Art sips his milkshake again, then looks back to Dr. Barry. "No more eating or absorbing or whatever-ing townsfolk, and we wont have any problems. Cool?"

*Dr Barry laughs*

"First, what I meant by rude, is that if you go into a bar, you shouldn't conjure your own drinks. But thanks for the shake anyway."

*He takes a sip*

"Secondly, I can't stop. It's my nature. However, if you reconfigure me so I'm only this existence, I won't be a problem for you anymore. James is the only person I ever manage to fully consume anyway. Speaking of which, what did you do with John-Luke?"
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Thu May 16, 2013 6:22 pm

"Oh. Well that's... Odd."

Art hrms. "Who's John-Luke again?"
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Fri May 17, 2013 11:47 am

The Rex
Drayco wrote:"Oh. Well that's... Odd."

Art hrms. "Who's John-Luke again?"

"The Flamingo. Or at least what you caught. I kinda used him as a decoy to distract you."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Thu May 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Drayco wrote:"It's.... a looooong story. Uhm.... How long has it been here?"
Art scratches his head, looking suddenly tired.
"Oh, and... sorry about that Jeda guy. I don't know where he's from, but he was more or less allergic to chaotic power. So ending up in the Wastes was a death sentence for him. There wasn't anything I could do, besides remove that chaos... But there wasnt anything else left."

((Ooc: *twiddles thumbs, waiting for Oz*))

The Rex

"..." Art looks puzzled. "Oh... that..." He sighs, scratching his head. "Uhh... To be honest, I dont really remember that much about the incident. He's probably flying around here somewhere..."

Art looks curiously at Dr. Barry. "Anyway, what exactly do you mean by 'reconfiguring you to this existance'?"
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Thu May 23, 2013 6:28 pm

The Rex
Drayco wrote:"..." Art looks puzzled. "Oh... that..." He sighs, scratching his head. "Uhh... To be honest, I dont really remember that much about the incident. He's probably flying around here somewhere..."

Art looks curiously at Dr. Barry. "Anyway, what exactly do you mean by 'reconfiguring you to this existance'?"

"You've lost him, in other words. But to answer your question, I'm suggesting you use your reality altering powers to make this... mask, the truth. If that makes sense to you."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Thu May 23, 2013 10:39 pm

The Rex

"So basically, you just want to be a normal dude with weird eyes? Who's... a doctor, I guess?" Art tilts his head, still seeming to not quite understand.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Fri May 24, 2013 1:52 pm

The Rex
Drayco wrote:"So basically, you just want to be a normal dude with weird eyes? Who's... a doctor, I guess?" Art tilts his head, still seeming to not quite understand.

"Basically, yes, except that my eyes are only weird because they give a hint of my true nature. Windows of the soul and all that."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Sat May 25, 2013 9:47 am

"Well then... I guess all you'd have to do is ask me to. Wish for it, and I'll grant it. Its the easiest way for me to make these sorts of things work." A pause. "Er, out loud, though. Im not psychic. Not normally, at least."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat May 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Drayco wrote:
Drayco wrote:"It's.... a looooong story. Uhm.... How long has it been here?"
Art scratches his head, looking suddenly tired.
"Oh, and... sorry about that Jeda guy. I don't know where he's from, but he was more or less allergic to chaotic power. So ending up in the Wastes was a death sentence for him. There wasn't anything I could do, besides remove that chaos... But there wasn't anything else left."

((Ooc: *twiddles thumbs, waiting for Oz*))

((*stumbles in* Sorry about the delay. Been rather busy.

Down to business. *reads over the past several pages to find where Lee and Art last were*))

Lee blinked, and gathered his thoughts. So much had happened... "Uh, I think the last time I saw you was at that business at the TF shop. That was... oh, an hour or two ago." He sighed. "And as for Jeda... well, I hope his Light takes care of whatever remained of his soul."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon May 27, 2013 6:15 am

Around Town

"...hours. Son of a..." Art just facepalms and flops back onto the ground, a small pile of soft clouds appearing under him to break his fall. He rubs his eyes as he lays there, the clouds slowly dissipating to lay him on the ground. "It's been five years for me. Oy..."
He sighs and looks up at Lee, his eyes still squinted shut. "Heck of a few years too. Though... I don't think I was awake for all of them." He crosses his arms, then looks up at Lee with his best serious face. "Hey. Can you keep a huge, huge secret? And possibly promise not to be mad at me for telling you?"
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon May 27, 2013 6:22 am

Lee hesitated, knowing from experience that such things rarely ended well. Still, he was a feline, and like all felines, he was naturally curious...

"All right," he said finally. "Let's hear it."
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon May 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Art sighs and looks aside, not wanting to meet Lee's eyes as he talks. "So, uhm... you know all of the Reality Mage stuff thats been going on around me and thats affected the town? And the Muses and all? That's all... basically been part of my own power. All of the Reality Mage business was a safeguard I subconsciously put on my powers to keep them in check."
He lays back down. "Fat lot of good it did..." He looks up at the sky. "But... all the muses are gone. Technically. The whole Sanctum, which is where I thought I grew up? Also a part of my mind. Everything I know about myself, and where I came from? All figments of my imagination, basically. Im just... I dont really know what to think anymore."

He looks to Lee. "I've spent five years figuring this out. The only two memories I actually have are this town, and a place called Steel Spork Inn. Which I cant find even with my powers, so thats probably my imagination too."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Thu May 30, 2013 8:38 am

The Rex
Drayco wrote:"Well then... I guess all you'd have to do is ask me to. Wish for it, and I'll grant it. Its the easiest way for me to make these sorts of things work." A pause. "Er, out loud, though. Im not psychic. Not normally, at least."

"Some questions first. Will your magic examine this mask before making it reality, or just use what you perceive? And will I keep my... enhanced memories?"
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Thu May 30, 2013 11:16 am

The Rex

"It's too complex to completely analyze someone, especially considering my powers basically work on permission." He smiles. "Sooo... it'll work however you'd prefer, honestly."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Thu May 30, 2013 12:28 pm

The Rex
Drayco wrote:"It's too complex to completely analyze someone, especially considering my powers basically work on permission." He smiles. "Sooo... it'll work however you'd prefer, honestly."

"So, it'll work on my perceptions, not yours?"
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri May 31, 2013 5:46 pm

Drayco wrote:Art sighs and looks aside, not wanting to meet Lee's eyes as he talks. "So, uhm... you know all of the Reality Mage stuff thats been going on around me and thats affected the town? And the Muses and all? That's all... basically been part of my own power. All of the Reality Mage business was a safeguard I subconsciously put on my powers to keep them in check."
He lays back down. "Fat lot of good it did..." He looks up at the sky. "But... all the muses are gone. Technically. The whole Sanctum, which is where I thought I grew up? Also a part of my mind. Everything I know about myself, and where I came from? All figments of my imagination, basically. Im just... I dont really know what to think anymore."

He looks to Lee. "I've spent five years figuring this out. The only two memories I actually have are this town, and a place called Steel Spork Inn. Which I cant find even with my powers, so thats probably my imagination too."

Lee was silent a moment. How do you respond to someone telling you that they have just realised that their entire life is imaginary?

"I have heard of a place called the Steel Spork Inn," he offered, crouching down to Art's level. "In fact, I'm pretty sure that I've heard of at least two establishments with that name. I don't know if either of them are still in business, though. And this town is entirely real, I can assure you of that."

He paused. "As for the Muses - well, from what Marlee told me, their job was to represent aspects of your personality. Marlee represented your intellect, Drayco your courage, and Roan your creativity." He looked Art in the eye. "And there's no reason why they can't continue to exist - all you have to do is decide to allow them to."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Fri May 31, 2013 7:56 pm

Art blinks. Which is kinda strange to see, considering his natural squint. "Wait. You knew?" His mind seems to have been blown!

Amon Star wrote:The Rex
"So, it'll work on my perceptions, not yours?"

"...both?"
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:08 am

The Rex
Drayco wrote:
Amon Star wrote:"So, it'll work on my perceptions, not yours?"

"...both?"

"I guess that's good enough. However, before we continues, four, possibly five, people may cease to exist if we do this. Can you live with that?"
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:07 am

Outside
Drayco wrote:Art blinks. Which is kinda strange to see, considering his natural squint. "Wait. You knew?" His mind seems to have been blown!

Lee raised an eyebrow at him. "Well, it was never much of a secret. Drayco explained a lot of it, the first day we met - oh, that's right, you slept through that part. And Marlee told me about the rest of it when she first... Manifested? Arrived? Whichever."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem