Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:34 am

KF-Oz grinned. "I'm a friendly type. I like to hug people occasionally."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:44 pm

River
mdm wrote:Latmerius waits.

*So do the tentacles. There grip isn't that strong, however, so a sudden burst of activity should free the Marine. He just needs to figure out how to stop them grabbing him again*

Space
*The Yarn Sphere starts searching for something*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Meadow

Sir MDM nodded, then stared off in the direction of the River. "Excuse me a moment, Oz." The Knight waved his hand, and...

River

...Latmerius shimmered and vanished, likely taking some of the tentacles with him...

Meadow

...where they reappeared next to Oz and Sir MDM.

The Space Marine tilted his head before nodding to Oz.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:01 am

Meadow
mdm wrote:...where they reappeared next to Oz and Sir MDM.

The Space Marine tilted his head before nodding to Oz.

*The severed tentacles flop about for a bit, before finally going still*

Space
*The Yarn Sphere finds a nice big rock and grabs it*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:03 am

Sir MDM stared at the severed tentacles for a moment before producing a steel box, opening it, and scooping the appendages inside it.

"Taking these for study."
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:59 am

OOC Zone
mdm wrote:Sir MDM stared at the severed tentacles for a moment before producing a steel box, opening it, and scooping the appendages inside it.

"Taking these for study."

I'll let you know the results when you do the tests.

BTW, what's Fort Persistence doing about the incoming rock?
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:08 am

((As soon as it detects it? Railgun spam. Also turbolasers.))
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:18 am

OOC Zone
mdm wrote:((As soon as it detects it? Railgun spam. Also turbolasers.))

Hmm, what's the Fort's detection range? I'm wondering if it can see it quick enough to blast it into small enough pieces. Otherwise, there's going to be some collateral, but the Fort is safe.
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:04 am

((High orbit at most. Any farther would be pretty ridiculous.))
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:53 am

OOC Zone
mdm wrote:((High orbit at most. Any farther would be pretty ridiculous.))

That should be far enough. As it's your Fort, you want to describe it blasting the rock apart?
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:25 pm

((Sure.))
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Persistence Hall's long-range sensor network picked up the approach of the Sphere-hurled space rock, acquiring the rock's trajectory and feeding the data to the fortress's missile defense system's computers.

Within moments, a salvo of cruise missiles were being launched from hidden silos, rocketing up towards the incoming rock. When they intercepted the rock, they'd explode, most likely shattering it.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:06 am

Near Space
mdm wrote:Persistence Hall's long-range sensor network picked up the approach of the Sphere-hurled space rock, acquiring the rock's trajectory and feeding the data to the fortress's missile defense system's computers.

Within moments, a salvo of cruise missiles were being launched from hidden silos, rocketing up towards the incoming rock. When they intercepted the rock, they'd explode, most likely shattering it.

*The incoming rock is blasted into many smaller rocks. These then are burnt up while entering the atmosphere, creating an impressive light show*

Deep Space
*Swishing its battle tendrils angrily, the Sphere flies off, looking for more rocks*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:17 pm

The fortress launches automated probes, which zoom up through the atmosphere and out into space after the Sphere, keeping track of its movements.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Meadow
KF-Oz had been watching the light show, impressed. Now she turned to Sir MDM, and gave him a hug.

"Thank you. Dealing with that space rock would have been a bit beyond my capabilities."

Beach
The townsfolk all turned out to watch the light show, making a celebration of it. A party broke out on the beach, with foodstuffs and drinks supplied by the Restaurant.
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:04 am

Deep Space
mdm wrote:The fortress launches automated probes, which zoom up through the atmosphere and out into space after the Sphere, keeping track of its movements.

*The probes will observe the Sphere gathering many asteroids holding each one in a tendril. Do they do anything before it's finished?*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:12 pm

The probes transmit their data feeds to the Hall, where the main computer began calculating possible trajectories for the asteroids as well as firing solutions for a series of missiles which the silos were about to launch.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:01 am

Deep Space
mdm wrote:The probes transmit their data feeds to the Hall, where the main computer began calculating possible trajectories for the asteroids as well as firing solutions for a series of missiles which the silos were about to launch.

*After collecting half a dozen large asteroids, the Sphere flies back and throws them all at Fort Persistence. The Fort's computer has of course already calculated the trajectories and can take them out before they hit the atmosphere*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:04 am

The missiles are launched; once they reach high orbit, they crack open, revealing satellites inside. The satellites orient to face the rocks, firing powerful lasers at the asteroids.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:31 am

Near Space
mdm wrote:The missiles are launched; once they reach high orbit, they crack open, revealing satellites inside. The satellites orient to face the rocks, firing powerful lasers at the asteroids.

*The laser barrage blasts the asteroids into smaller and smaller pieces until all they can do is produce another light show*

*Angrily, the Sphere charges the satellites*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Meadow
KF-Oz reached out, slightly to her left, and did...something. What it was was not apparent.

Inside the Pavilion, the light show became visible to those townsfolk within it. They settled down to watch, making a party of it.

Beach
The second light show served as additional entertainment for the party on the beach. Some attempted to photograph it, with varying degrees of success.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:04 pm

The satellites rotate to target the Sphere. Charging up again, they unleash a salvo of lasers at the onrushing craft.

The Hall, meanwhile, launches a volley of concussion missiles at the Sphere.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:28 am

Near Space
mdm wrote:The satellites rotate to target the Sphere. Charging up again, they unleash a salvo of lasers at the onrushing craft.

The Hall, meanwhile, launches a volley of concussion missiles at the Sphere.

*The lasers do heavy damage before the Sphere manages to adapt to their attack. It begins to swat and crush the Satellites...*

*Before being blindsinded by the missile volley. The explosion do even more damage and send the Sphere flying. Quickly, the Collective's craft puts it's shield up against any further missile attacks as it attempts to repair the damage*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Location Unknown
Origami awakens in unfamiliar surroundings. Groggily she asks, "Where am I?" She rubs the sleep out of her eyes with the pad of her paw.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Origami's Location
Origami will see that she is lying on a daybed, still dressed in her "mermaid" outfit (slightly damp), and apparently in someone's house. The room appears to be a guest room, with typical furniture around the place and a colourful rug on the floor. There are two doors; one opens onto a small bathroom, and the other leads to a staircase going down, where she will find an entrance hall, with the front door ajar. A folded note sits on a small table next to the daybed, with Origami's name on it.

A butterfly with pretty green-tinted wings circles her head a few times, then hovers in front of her face, studying her. Origami can almost hear the butterfly saying "Oh, good, you're awake."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem