Page 3006 of 3012

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:23 am
by mdm
((So...decided I'm going to return for LPW and LPW only.))

Vieux Town

A series of barking coughs could be heard from among the buildings; small explosions began rocking the giant strings lashing down from the Sphere.

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:18 am
by OzLionHeart
((Good to have you back.))

Vieux Town
KF-Oz sensed the return of an ally, just as the explosions started sounding. "Well, now. I was beginning to think I'd have to do this all by myself."


Meadow
The attacking Kittens soon found themselves on the receiving end of another round of "Tag the Kittens", as the butterflies went to work. Half of them concentrated on the Kittens, the rest set up for another formation exercise...


Beach
The Attackers' attempts at pouncing were soon foiled by another "Number Five Special", with the same result as last time.

Thomas and Kayla came out onto the Beach, where they took advantage of the distraction to quickly round up "their" groups, and bring them to relative safety.

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:01 am
by Amon Star
OOC Zone
mdm wrote:((So...decided I'm going to return for LPW and LPW only.))
OzLionHeart wrote:((Good to have you back.))

Indeed, now to battle against these evil kitties.

Vieux Town
mdm wrote:A series of barking coughs could be heard from among the buildings; small explosions began rocking the giant strings lashing down from the Sphere.
OzLionHeart wrote:KF-Oz sensed the return of an ally, just as the explosions started sounding. "Well, now. I was beginning to think I'd have to do this all by myself."

*Alas, the bolter fire has little effect on strings that are capable of destroying enemy spaceships*

*Crash! goes the first house as it's reduced to rubble*

Meadow
OzLionHeart wrote:The attacking Kittens soon found themselves on the receiving end of another round of "Tag the Kittens", as the butterflies went to work. Half of them concentrated on the Kittens, the rest set up for another formation exercise...

*As the Kittens fight back, the refugees flee to the pavilion. Also, this time the Kittens seem immune to the "Tagging"*


Beach
OzLionHeart wrote:The Attackers' attempts at pouncing were soon foiled by another "Number Five Special", with the same result as last time.

Thomas and Kayla came out onto the Beach, where they took advantage of the distraction to quickly round up "their" groups, and bring them to relative safety.

*However, they can't protect themselves from getting wet, so the refugees here get away easily*

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:33 pm
by mdm
The bolter fire ceased, Latmerius having realized that his shots were having no effect. He began moving to a new position.

Sir MDM, meanwhile, had returned to his abode and was busy getting it up and running again. He regarded the gigantic Yarn Sphere from the observation tower of Persistence Hall in silence...

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:04 am
by OzLionHeart
Meadow
The butterflies fighting the Kittens soon realised that single "taggings" were not having the desired effect, and began concentrating their forces, two or three at a time "tagging" each of the Kittens.

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:21 am
by Amon Star
Vieux Town
*CRASH!* *CRASH!*

*Two more buildings are destroyed*

Meadow
OzLionHeart wrote:The butterflies fighting the Kittens soon realised that single "taggings" were not having the desired effect, and began concentrating their forces, two or three at a time "tagging" each of the Kittens.

*This is just as inefectual. However, the Kittens seens to be having fun and continue chasing the butterflies*

Beach
*The Kittens here aren't, however, having fun, so retreat via Light Port*

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:10 pm
by mdm
Persistence Hall

Sir MDM turned to stare in the direction of Vieux Island, then reached up to grab a microphone.

"I want five rounds rapid on that sphere, double time. Power up the shields as well," he intoned.

As one, the turrets lining the walls of Persistence Hall swiveled to come to bear on the Yarn Sphere, the railguns booming as they launched their depleted uranium rounds at extremely high velocity at the encroaching object. A millisecond after the turrets fired, the Hall's energy shields flickered on, ready to weather a counterattack.

Vieux Island

Latmerius decided to abandon the island and begin swimming to the Meadow.

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:25 pm
by OzLionHeart
((Only three? Not five?))

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:52 pm
by Amon Star
Vieux Island
mdm wrote:Persistence Hall

Sir MDM turned to stare in the direction of Vieux Island, then reached up to grab a microphone.

"I want five rounds rapid on that sphere, double time. Power up the shields as well," he intoned.

As one, the turrets lining the walls of Persistence Hall swiveled to come to bear on the Yarn Sphere, the railguns booming as they launched their depleted uranium rounds at extremely high velocity at the encroaching object. A millisecond after the turrets fired, the Hall's energy shields flickered on, ready to weather a counterattack.

*The Hall's artillary fire rips into the Sphere. Holes are blasted in its surface as it recoils from the attack, as a rain of debris falls upon the town below. However, after a few seconds of this pummelling, a blue-tinted dome appears around the side being attack, protecting the Sphere from further projectiles. However, the barrage is still driving the Sphere back*

River
*As Latmerius is making his way through the water, suddenly something powerful and slimy grabs his leg and tries to pull him under!*

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:59 pm
by mdm
Persistence Hall

The railgun turrets continue their barrage, aiming to drive the Sphere back further.

Elpeadabayou River

The Space Marine whips out his combat knife, spinning to face whatever it is that's just fastened itself to his power armor.

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:44 am
by Amon Star
Vieux Town
mdm wrote:Persistence Hall

The railgun turrets continue their barrage, aiming to drive the Sphere back further.

*The Sphere continues to be pushed back, but the barrier continues protecting it from further damage. However, now the Sphere begins reknitting itself, sealing the holes in its surface. Soon, it is whole again, but smaller than it was before,sothe attack definately did some lasting damage.

Elpeadabayou River
mdm wrote:The Space Marine whips out his combat knife, spinning to face whatever it is that's just fastened itself to his power armor.

*As he's pulled under the water, like that bothers him, all he can see is a single tentacle bragging him deeper into the murk*

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:24 am
by mdm
River

Latmerius started stabbing at the tentacle, trying to elicit a response from whatever the thing it belonged to was.

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:58 am
by Amon Star
River
mdm wrote:Latmerius started stabbing at the tentacle, trying to elicit a response from whatever the thing it belonged to was.

*The blade severs the appendage with a single slice! Black, inky blood spurts from the damaged tentacle as it retreats below. But suddenly, more erupt from the deep! A whole writhing mass lunges as Latmerius, grasping, grabbing and pulling!*

Vieux Town
*It's repairs complete, the smaller Sphere slowly floats towards the Meadow, carefully keeping its defensive barrier between it and the Hall*

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:30 pm
by mdm
River

The Astartes brought his bolter up, firing into the writhing mass.

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:18 pm
by Amon Star
River
mdm wrote:The Astartes brought his bolter up, firing into the writhing mass.

*Tentacle after tentacle is blasted apart, either from direct hits or the shockwaves from the exploding bolts. But more seem to be rising from the deep and eventually the marine will run out of ammo*

Meadow
*The Sphere arrives and beams up the Kittens present*

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:58 pm
by mdm
River

The Space Marine swam for the surface again, aiming to get into the meadow.

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:14 am
by Amon Star
River
mdm wrote:The Space Marine swam for the surface again, aiming to get into the meadow.

*Alas, the tentacles are faster. They again begin to latch onto the Marine, dragging him down into the deeps,and even his great strength can't resist them all. However, as all they are doing is dragging, he's still in no danger. At least, not yet*

Meadow
*Slowly, the Sphere lowers itself behind the treeline of the Dark Forest, out of the line of fire from Persistence Hall*

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:34 am
by mdm
Latmerius reloaded his bolter, letting the tentacles drag him down into the depths.

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:35 am
by Amon Star
River
mdm wrote:Latmerius reloaded his bolter, letting the tentacles drag him down into the depths.

*Soon, the Marine reaches the, where the tentacles pull him into the mud. Whatever thing these tentacles belong to appears to be underground*

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:11 pm
by mdm
Latmerius is pulled into the mud, swearing loudly to himself inside his helmet.

((I haven't posted because I was waiting to see if Oz was going to do anything.))

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:25 am
by Amon Star
OOC Zone
mdm wrote:((I haven't posted because I was waiting to see if Oz was going to do anything.))

No problem.

River
mdm wrote:Latmerius is pulled into the mud, swearing loudly to himself inside his helmet.

*After pulling the Astartes so he's fully submerged, the tentacles just hold him there. This gives him time to assess his foe. The tentacles are individuallty weak, certainly no match for him individually. Also, they can't penetrate his armour, so seems to be trying to drown him. However, there are a lot of them. Also, he doesn't know if they're one creature or many*

*Hmm, how should the Emporer's Chosen proceed*

Meadow
*The massive Yarn Sphere, after totally failing to hide behind the trees and still getting pounded by Fort Persistence, shoots up into air and flies into space*

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:44 am
by OzLionHeart
((I return! Or something....))

Meadow
KF-Oz emerged from a Convenient Door, and watched the Yarn Sphere as it headed into space. "Well, that's one problem sorted."

She looked around. "Now, what happened to... Oh, dear."

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 am
by mdm
Sir MDM appeared next to Oz, flanked by a pair of his Iron Maidens. 'What's up? Looking for someone?'

River

Latmerius waits.

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:08 am
by OzLionHeart
Meadow
KF-Oz turned at the voice, and smiled as she saw who it was. "Well, look who's here."

She gave Sir MDM a hug. "Welcome back."

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:02 pm
by mdm
The Cowboy Knight awkwardly hugged back. "Uh. You seem overly happy to see me."