Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby mdm on Fri May 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Latmerius looks off in the direction of the trees after the wind picks up. He hefts his bolter and aims it off towards the forest.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Sat May 21, 2011 3:26 am

Vieux Town
mdm wrote:Latmerius looks off in the direction of the trees after the wind picks up. He hefts his bolter and aims it off towards the forest.

*And now the wind seems to be chanting*

"Do it!"

*Over and over and over again*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sat May 21, 2011 9:15 am

Latmerius replies with a chant of his own: 'There is only the Emperor, he is my shield and my protector. I shall know no fear for I am fear incarnate.'
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat May 21, 2011 11:33 am

Vieux Town
As the wind picks up the umbrella, a device designed to prevent rain from falling on its wielder from above, becomes less and less effective as more rain is blown on a horizontal trajectory. This sours Origami's mood again and her ears flap firmly shut against the sides of her head. Her most prominent desire right now is to get out of the rain.

Amon Star wrote:*And now the wind seems to be chanting*

"Do it!"

*Over and over and over again*

And Origami finds that this voice has lowered her inhibitions. She moves in closer to KF-Oz and the center of the umbrella. The shorter catgirl wraps her arms around her seniors midriff pulling in close side to side. Polite society's rules of personal space are forgotten. Being held this close, KF-Oz may notice Origami is shivering a little. Whether this is cold from the rain or fear of the storm is unclear. At least there hasn't been any thunder or lightning. Especially considering how the umbrella and the marine's armor are most likely the tallest concentration of metal in the area.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat May 21, 2011 11:41 am

Vieux Town
KF-Oz didn't seem to mind Origami snuggling in. She did tilt the umbrella slightly in the direction that the rain was blowing from, providing more shelter from the rain for both of them, and put her free arm around the younger catgirl's shoulders in a reassuring gesture.

"Relax," she said quietly. "If this rain is the worst we have to deal with here, then I don't think we're going to have any real trouble."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat May 21, 2011 1:26 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:Vieux Town
KF-Oz didn't seem to mind Origami snuggling in. She did tilt the umbrella slightly in the direction that the rain was blowing from, providing more shelter from the rain for both of them, and put her free arm around the younger catgirl's shoulders in a reassuring gesture.

"Relax," she said quietly. "If this rain is the worst we have to deal with here, then I don't think we're going to have any real trouble."

Origami relaxes a lot but is still a little tense. "But we're in the middle of a river fed lake, a torrential downpour like this could quickly turn into a flash flood." The river would collect and direct any runoff water from the forest towards the lake, and could quickly overfill it's basin. The town being covered in flood water would certainly fulfill the eerie lady's threat of the forest 'swallowing' the town in a literal sense. This probably isn't the safest location for placing a town. Well Origami is assuming the island is fairly flat and close to the water. Obviously if it was a big hill or some how higher than all the surrounding area then flooding would be a minor concern.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Sat May 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Vieux Island
*Just then, there's a distant flash of light. Yep, the lightning has started. And several seconds later...*

*BOOM!!!1!*

*On the bright sound, the centre of the storm is still several miles away. And the thunder is drowning out the winds chanting*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun May 22, 2011 9:40 am

Vieux Town
KF-Oz blinked at the lightning, and her ears flicked back when the thunder arrived. "Great," she muttered. "Thunder with a number in it."

She smiled at Origami. "Not very likely, I think. This place has held together pretty well against everything else people have thrown at it. A little water isn't likely to undo that."
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun May 22, 2011 11:32 am

Origami jumps a bit at the lightning but recovers quickly.

KF-Oz blinked at the lightning, and her ears flicked back when the thunder arrived. "Great," she muttered. "Thunder with a number in it."

She smiled at Origami. "Not very likely, I think. This place has held together pretty well against everything else people have thrown at it. A little water isn't likely to undo that."

Origami doesn't understand, but she trusts KF-Oz, "Okay." And as she relaxes she has time to think, "Oh! A drain!" She acts out opening a door, "If the river does flood, a door from here to the sea could prevent the water level from rising."

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun May 22, 2011 11:37 am

Vieux Town
KF-Oz blinked, then smiled. "That should work. That's a great idea."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Sun May 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Vieux Island
*FLASH!*

*BOOM!*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun May 22, 2011 5:48 pm

KF-Oz blinked, then smiled. "That should work. That's a great idea."

Origami smiles at the praise.
"Tha-"

Amon Star wrote:Vieux Island
*FLASH!*

*BOOM!*

"-AAANKS" she jumps again as the thunder booms. "Heh, loud noises are louder now that I'm anthrofeline. Still beats getting caught in the rain while being made of paper." She used to be Sleepy after all.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sun May 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Latmerius is standing there waiting for something to actually happen. A sudden thunderstorm isn't gonna scare him.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun May 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Just then a wild Scootaloo runs past Latmerius.

"Scootaloooooo!" It calls out as it runs past, "Scoot-scoot-scootaloooo!"

Sometimes this place is just silly.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sun May 22, 2011 6:45 pm

"...What manner of foul Warpspawn was that?"
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun May 22, 2011 7:08 pm

"Oh, that was probably just a passing meme. Similar family as the trolls, equally mindless, but much more benign. Meme's are only dangerous in large numbers."

Thus spoke the mysterious voice from nowhere.

"Sleepy is that you?" Origami asks the voice, "Are you spying on me? I told you I can take care of myself!" She sticks her tongue out at the 4th wall.

Sleepy responds, "um pay no attention to the owl behind the curtain." :shifty: "Gotta go, bye sis." And with that footsteps can be heard running away from the microphone followed by the sound of a studio door opening and closing. Then there is some static as he forgot to turn the mic off.

"Sheesh, he-"

Just then the door opens again and there are more footsteeps. *microphone feedback* "Stupid thing," *tapping noise on the mic* "where's the off switch. AHA! Oh, bye for reals."

The microphone turns off and the static noise is gone.

Origami looks to KF-Oz and opens her mouth to say something but then closes it again for lack of words.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Mon May 23, 2011 1:35 am

Vieux Island
*FLASH!*
*BOOM!*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon May 23, 2011 2:31 am

Vieux Island
Origami jumps less now that she basically expects the lightning.

"Okay, now the storm is being ridiculous," Origami says tapping her foot impatiently, "Its still a few miles away, anyone else feel like it might be a good idea to wander off into the woods and scout the storm out before it gets here? Waiting to be blindsided by the unexpected is for chumps."

Origami seems ready to just wander off on her own. Probably the influence of the voice in the wind making her forget that one of the top ten rules of Horror films is you do not split up the group. Not wandering off alone into the sinister woods is another high ranking one. Lets all just be glad she didn't say 'I'll be right back' since people who say that almost never come back.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon May 23, 2011 10:04 am

Vieux Town
"Yes, it is," KF-Oz agreed. "And no, I don't think it's a good idea to go wandering off."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Mon May 23, 2011 10:48 am

Latmerius stares down at Origami. "Are you crazy? Do you WANT to get yourself killed?"
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon May 23, 2011 5:36 pm

"NO!" Origami protests Latmerius's statement strongly. She looks away and mumbles out of the side of her mouth, "but I am a Wonder Aspect. Its hard to sit still when curiosity burns in your veins." She looks to KF-Oz pleadingly, "maybe it's a bad idea to go out there, but surely there's something more productive we could be doing other than standing around catching pneumonia."
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Thu May 26, 2011 1:49 am

OOC Zone
Wait, what happened to the last days posts?

Vieux Island
*FLASH!**BOOM!*

*Now the shapes can be seen more clearly. They're flying manta rays. And there's a lot of them*
Last edited by Amon Star on Thu May 26, 2011 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChroniclerC on Thu May 26, 2011 2:30 am

OOCZone
GatC: Some kind of server error. About a day-and-a-half was lost, it looks like.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Thu May 26, 2011 5:54 am

Latmerius eyes the flying manta rays warily, tightening his grip on his bolter.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu May 26, 2011 7:22 am

Vieux Town
KF-Oz gave Origami a hug. "I understand. It's not easy being an embodiment of curiosity."

She paused for a moment, feeling a sudden sense of deja vu, then shook it off. "Looks like we're about to have company."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem