Character Bios[Create a New life here.]

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Postby Berk on Fri May 06, 2005 7:46 pm

The answer to all of those is, depends on the RP.

Moperville: just join, anytime you feel like, its not the most structured rp and we have characters bouncing around all the time.

Bleach: just started, you might want to tell yal that you want to join in the discussion thread before whacking out a character.

House of the Forbidden: Send your questions to the discussion thread.

Necrocode: No idea.

Your best bet in most cases is to check for a discussion thread on the rp and ask if you can join up, what you need and the limitations. Most rps don't like god powerful characters. Moperville is an exception, several people are heavily overpowered there, but as it's not gonna screw up the story much as its more socialy focused than battle focused.
Berk: Logically breaking the laws of logic.
Epic Bunny: 11910 Bunnypoints

Cool Ellen quotes:
Is that all you noticed while in my shirt?
Yo Piggy! Get away from my brother 'fore I make you squeal!
Ah Yes, The Wonder Twins... They do complicate matters don't they?
That crazed look could have meant any number of things!
I feel significantly less menacing.
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
I'm supposed to know how magic works?
I thought I was ready for man-on-Ellen loving.
Mom told me to wake you. She was unspecific as to how.
Excuse me, I need to find something heavy and blunt to kill you with.
You can make marbles even more shiny?
Well, that, or "Mind your own business, jackass!"
Magnet!
Dammit, she can thumb-type every word, but she can't bust out the emoticons?
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby Scotty on Fri May 06, 2005 11:40 pm

For NecroCode, I'm pretty sure you can work yourself in at pretty much any time.
There is no method to my madness. Neither is there madness to my method. I prefer to keep work and pleasure separate.
If you play Guild Wars, feel free to add Scott the Green to your friends list.
Scotty
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tyveras on Sat May 07, 2005 3:08 am

For Alternate RP

Tyveras Anquis (Current Name)
Appearance: Slender, angular, 5'9. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Abilities: Near godlike in power, but has very defined limits on what he can and cannot go. He can manipulate time and space in a area of a few metres, cast illusions that can reach kilometres, distort perceptions of thousands, manipulate elements, and much more but each with limits such as amount, distance, etc.
Personality: Smug, cynical, cold, and a very good actor. He is basically uncaring, and will use anyone to achieve his goals.
Weapons: Powers, hands, and anything he can get his hands on.

Alternate Tyveras:

Name: Joesph Krecrit
Appearance: Guant, wild eyed, thining silver hair, green eyes.
Abilites: Joesph seems to be able to tell the future, seems being the key word since he is insane. But so far none of his fortellings have been wrong.
Personality: Insane, currently he has been going on about the coming of a god, he goes over and over about this being, describing him, his plans, and how thousands will die, and how this god needs him. Better hope he's wrong this time.
There is only one constant in this universe: Irony
Tyveras
Keenspot Despot

Postby Malevolenocity on Sat May 07, 2005 8:58 am

I see...

<Nods head up and down in agreement.>

I'll have to look around then...
Malevolenocity
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Void on Mon May 09, 2005 10:16 am

Doing! The first one is my regular and favourite role-play character, and the one below is the alternate I'll play in the Alternate Universe Role-play.

Name: Craig Sinfield- Also known as Void.
Height: 6'5
Weight: Ten stone.
Hair: Dark brown.
Eyes: Deep Brown
Skin tone: Pale

Appearance: Craig's chin is the first thing people notice about him. It's fully deserving of the term chiselled. His hair is short all around, aside from three bangs that hang over his right side, which are usually held up by his goggles, which he has named the Giga Goggles. He wears loose clothing, but which clings to his shoulders and waist- This is because if his goggles are removed by anyone but him, while wearing gloves, he becomes a woman and no one wants their shirts to tear or fall off when switching genders.

Background: Craig is secretly the vigilante Void, and had for a long time before creating the suit aided his super powered friends. He has a brother who is a member of the "Big Five" a group of super heroes who defined super heroics as it is today, called Scott or Strife as a vigilante. Craig's curse of turning into a woman whenever his goggles are removed by force was caused by a wizard who didn't appreciate Craig accidentally bombing his hut.
Craig has amassed many trophies as Void, mostly technology, which he uses as back up weapons or equipment.

Abilities:
Aside from his intelligence, Craig has no abilities to speak of.

Name: Craig Sinfield- But rearranged the letters to call himself Raiden Gilfcs.
Height: 6'10
Weight: Eleven stone.
Hair: Pure white.
Eyes: Blank.
Skin tone: Pale

Appearance: Raiden's chin is just as pronounced as Craig's, but his nose is slightly more pointed. The first thing noticed about Raiden is that his ears are massive and pointed. Two massive bangs frame Raiden's face, his hair hanging around his neck. He is much larger than Craig, for reasons that will be disclosed later.

Background: Raiden is the Craig that would have come about if the whole in his heart he had been born with was much worse. Raiden was a weak and fragile child, who could barely walk and required almost constant help. He grew bitter and cold, his hatred for anyone who could do what he could not growing ever greater. He toiled day and night on improving his body, his brother at his side at all times, until eventually he managed to create a procedure that made him a virtual god among men.
He killed his parents, who he blamed for his weakness and went out into the world, to wreak his havoc.

Abilities:
Raiden is just as smart as Craig, but is also infused with many powers, such as flight, electrical generation and control, pyrokenisis, super strength, regenerative abilities, invunerabilty and another power, which even he has no idea exists- Resurrection. Once dead, he will slowly return to life, unless he is killed with magic.
My photobucket album. If you want more info on anything in there, go ahead and ask.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v661/Bigfatogre/
Void
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Berk on Mon May 09, 2005 10:24 am

For Bleach RP

Name: Banshi Kyoujin

Appearance: Average height and build with blue eyes and longish red hair he keeps tied back. Shinigami clothes and a soul slayer that is about twice as wide as ones usualy seen.

Background: Banshi became a Shinigami shortly after the Quincy slaughter. He rose in the ranks of his squad and his power rivals that of his lietenant, however; he has never been offered that rank due to his slightly absent minded approach to important matters. In battle though he is always very focused and efficient.

Abilities: Very proficient with a soul slayer but only a basic grasp of demon magic due to him learning that in the same manner he does everything. The true form of Banshi's soul slayer, Valheru, appears to be a large double-ended, double-bladed battle axe. Two blades on each end and about as tall as he is.
Last edited by Berk on Wed May 11, 2005 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berk: Logically breaking the laws of logic.
Epic Bunny: 11910 Bunnypoints

Cool Ellen quotes:
Is that all you noticed while in my shirt?
Yo Piggy! Get away from my brother 'fore I make you squeal!
Ah Yes, The Wonder Twins... They do complicate matters don't they?
That crazed look could have meant any number of things!
I feel significantly less menacing.
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
I'm supposed to know how magic works?
I thought I was ready for man-on-Ellen loving.
Mom told me to wake you. She was unspecific as to how.
Excuse me, I need to find something heavy and blunt to kill you with.
You can make marbles even more shiny?
Well, that, or "Mind your own business, jackass!"
Magnet!
Dammit, she can thumb-type every word, but she can't bust out the emoticons?
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby torin_of_death on Mon May 09, 2005 5:40 pm

For Alternate Universe RP, I'll be using a somewhat more powerful version of Larkin, as I'm too lazy to make a new character. The only real difference is that his telekinesis is stronger, and that he's using a gunblade. However, he still needs an alternate...

Alternate, also named Larkin: After accidentially killing someone in a fit of rage by using his telekinesis, Larkin was forced out of his hometown at a young age. As a result, he is far more cautious, and is afraid to use his powers. Larkin has been working in a small convenience store, struggling to make ends meet. He dreams of a time where he can escape from his job, and move on to better things, yet he is afraid to explore the potential within him after that incident. Larkin is very streetsmart, but is far more serious and withdrawn than his counterpart. He still feels a lot of guilt about what had happened.
torin_of_death
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Character: Gear Ryu

Postby Sword Emperor Gear Ryu on Mon May 09, 2005 10:39 pm

For "As Myself/Moperville/etc."

Name: Gear Ryu
Title: Sword Emperor (Self-proclaimed)
Race: Human
Appearance: Stands about 6'0'' Has brown eyes, which turn green whenever he gets excited. Wears thin rectangular glasses (nearsighted). Can see without them, but only when intensely focused on a task (like combat, complex studies). Slight muscular frame, stronger than appearance indicates. Wears black jeans, and a black shirt. Open finger beige leather gloves. Wears a gray mantle that covers the neckline and upper back. Has a satchel at his side for holding small items. Wears tall black leather boots. Has an overall disheveled appearance from his duration in the portal.

Personality
A very quiet young man. Gear speaks little to those he does not know, but can be talkative to those he is very familiar with. Rarely expresses himself with great emotion, preferring to use a logical approach. Ethically strong, he is always searching for "the best answer" to ethical and moral questions. A practicing gentleman, with a kind heart. Said to be an eccentric. May have been considerably different when younger.

Known History
Has some amnesia that blocks out most memories unrelated to his studies. Recalls that he began intense physical and mental studies at about age 10. Was taught the fighting style of the Medieval knight for several years by a variety of scholars and practicing modern swordsmen. Has developed a modern mastery of the style. Well-educated by a series of private tutors throughout most his life, he continues his studies while improving his art. His ultimate objective is to create a fighting style based on European blades that can contend with the complexity of the Medieval Japanese Ways of sword fighting. Assumed the title of "Sword Emperor" recently to signify his ambition. Seeks to discover further techniques of the ancient art of swordfighting.

One day, as he was training, a transdimensional portal opened. He was sucked into it and wound up in Moperville. He has a mild case of amnesia brought on by an abnormally long stay in the portal, but has since gained unusual abilities (see below) and equipment (see below). Fresh out of the portal, he's hungry, thirsty, and tired.

Equipment
All non-edible Equipment Given Moderate Durability Enhancement From Portal's Effects
leather gloves
thin rectangular glasses
mantle
satchel
three little ninja Tedds
three cans of "dead fish soda"
three TF guns
some unmarked soda
a dead fish
a teddy
a cookie wrapped in shiny plastic

Abilities and Skills
After a month in a transdimensional portal, Gear has gained the innate ability to create ethereal-based swords, with heavy concentration. Could presumably create other objects. Other potential effects from portal unknown.
An excellent swordsman, trained in the Medieval European art.
Excellent reflexes and agility.
In simplicity is perfection.
Sword Emperor Gear Ryu
Keenspot Despot

Postby DMfromhell on Mon May 16, 2005 12:19 pm

Just reviving the tred, it's about to go under *shudder*
" HAHAHAAAA! YOU ROLLED A 1 ON UR SAVING THROW! DIE, DIE, YOU ALL DIEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Copy and paste url so I can get more money and land!

http://www.gindis.com/modules.php?name= ... d=MTk0NzA0
DMfromhell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Scotty on Mon May 16, 2005 11:59 pm

For Earth 40K. Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Name: Steve Durkon
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 200 lbs
Hair: None
Eyes: Green
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Appearance: Steve is a relatively short, quite muscular person. With bulging biceps, rock-hard abs, and a pair of tree trunks for legs, Steve is built like a tank. You can try to find some fat on him, but it'll be a tough search.

Steve looks every inch the grizzled veteran he is, minus the grizzled part. Preparation for space deployment early in his career stripped his body of every last hair, and it never grew back. He tends to wear clothes that cover this fact, and only very rarely will you find him in short sleeves, and never in shorts.

Steve's brow furrows easily, his nose is just a bit too big for his face, and his eyes can take on a stony glint when they need to.

Military Background: Steve was drafted into the Marines right out of high school and assigned to the Space Corps. An above-average command of the language was mostly squandered, as Steve was placed in a heavy supporting fire unit and told to shut up unless spoken to. From hip-mounted gatling guns to stationary turrets, Steve's probably fired every type of supporting weapon there is, and is comfortable using whatever's available to him.

Once Steve moved up in the ranks he assembled a squad that enjoyed intelligent discussion, and their radio chatter became somewhat legendary. Where else could you get a debate on the literary merits of fan fiction or a discussion of history in the middle of a firefight? Sadly, Steve's unit was broken up during the invasion, and the days of orders interspersed with debates came to an end.

Since the invasion Steve's rank has been reduced and he's now back to being just another support gunner stuck behind a weapon bigger than he is. His first squad's battle motto of "An unsolved problem hasn't been shot enough" lives on in his fighting mentality, and if something needs to be shot at, you can rest assured it will be shot.

Personality: Generally bitter and nostalgic, Steve longs for the simpler days when being a career soldier didn't mean having your home get destroyed and your friends and family systematically slaughtered. A vicious hatred of the invaders is barely noteworthy, and with Steve it runs very deep. He can't even bring himself to use their proper species name and will often refer to them in whatever way comes to mind, and there's never any doubt who he's talking about. Through everything Steve remains cautiously optimistic and will almost never give in to despair.

On the battlefield Steve plays the support role perfectly. He's always where you need him and never tries to grab all the glory. If a leadership role is empty he'll usually step up, but he's perfectly content to just get the job done. If he can keep morale up through light-hearted radio chatter, he'll do it, but there's always the risk of being a distraction.

Away from the battlefield Steve is introverted and prefers to read a book rather than make small talk. Quiet and a bit shy, he'll answer questions in monosyllables and generally try to ignore you. Serious discussion will bring him out of his shell, and a good debate changes everything.

Steve doesn't make friends easily, but the friends he does have he's fiercely loyal to, both on and off the battlefield.
There is no method to my madness. Neither is there madness to my method. I prefer to keep work and pleasure separate.
If you play Guild Wars, feel free to add Scott the Green to your friends list.
Scotty
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cameo on Tue May 17, 2005 11:01 am

Earth 40k RP:

Name: Sahara Rylie Beckett
Height: 5'8
Build: Tall and thin
Hair: Chocolate brown with lighter, reddish-brown highlights
Eyes: Electric blue
Skin tone: Medium brown

Appearance: Always wears a light purple ponytail thingie. Usual outfit is a short, shiny black jacket that looks like leather but actually isn't, a shiny purple halter top with a collar that matches her ponytail thingie, and black pants and pointy-toed boots made from the same Mystery Material as the jacket.

Background: Sahara comes from an old, old 'magic/super-family', and is in fact a direct, if long-after, descendant of Cameo. She herself is from what would be considered an upper middle class family in modern times, having had a fairly sheltered childhood; neither of her parents fought in the war, and she was too little at the time to remember any important events from it. But they were caught in a crossfire when Sahara was fourteen, and she's been surviving on her own ever since. (She has/had no siblings that she knows of.)

Abilities: Has control over electricity; can shoot electric blasts from her hands, of any voltage, colored either bright blue or white; can divert or completely cut off the power to anything electrical; can cause power surges. Must be reasonably close. If completely exhausted but unable to sleep and/or eat, will involuntarily draw electrical power from anything and everything nearby.

In addition to her inborn electrical powers, Sahara is very skilled in martial arts (she doesn't know the names, but she's an expert at the techniques). She also carries a disintegration-laser gun and is a very good shot with it, as well as several throwing stars and a handle that can attach to any of them, changing it into a multi-bladed knife.

Pic:
Last edited by Cameo on Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue May 17, 2005 8:13 pm

Maybe I'll join the Earth 40k RP...if so, I'm using this character:

Name: Masuraeli Achi (code-name)"Myst"
Height: 5' 3" tall
Build: Lithe and athletic/sporty(meaning half-fighter build)
Eyes: one is a green and the other a blue
Hair: Dark oceanic blue and tied in a ponytail that reaches to the floor, maybe further.
Fur: Light blue, matching a hue to her hair.
Species: Genetic Chimerate (sub-type: Fox)

Appearance/History: Is currently just wearing a small form-fitting Shirt and Shorts, as she was recently disturbed from a Cryogenic sleep that was supposed to not be interrupted for a good many years. Her whole body is an Anthro-Fox mix, resulting in fur covering a good many parts, except for private sections. This was supposed to result in a very powerful super-human capable of strength, agility, speed and extra-sharp senses. However, she is a failed experiment of theirs and was supposed to never be released until the final version has been done. However, she is the closest to what they wanted, being capable of much faster travel on foot than most humans and quite able to lift heavy things easily. Though, the rest of the features she is supposed to have are extremely weak and require much concentration to be of any use. And, if either of her powers are over-used, she becomes excessively tired and can't move for a while. As she is a proto-type for the final Chimerate, the work on it has been halted due to her not being there anymore and the scientists are busy sending out teams to find her, only to get back body-bags often enough when force is used. Her body is closest to a Fox's so she has to have clothes custom-fit for the fact that she has a tail and feet being slightly more Fox-like. The only issue now is where she is going, the reports by the scientists have tracked her to a desert-like planet but anything further is as yet un-traceable. Many teams have been sent to investigate but have lately been getting lost in tracking her, leaving it quite up to chance as to when she'll get captured.

Okay...there's the character...I'm sorry if it doesn't fit, DM but I did my best to come up with something Sci-Fi enough to work in the setting...^^;;; just tell me if I need to change it at all.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby zred92 on Tue May 17, 2005 8:22 pm

ok, i can tell about it too, btw. because:

a.) i know dm personally and ive talked 2 hum about the rp

b.) i actually probably know more about 40k than michael. i said probably.

but, considering the idea and the 40k setting, yea, that would work great. it could count as a special hero even. lol. (if you haven'y played warhammer, you won't get it.)
zred92- lvl 4 bunny- 600 exp

A friend of mine wrote:May death come down with swift wings to you all!
zred92
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue May 17, 2005 8:30 pm

Thanks, Zred...oh, and I'll be using her as my character for it...hopefully the HOTF RP goes well enough that it'll end before I have to drop it due to the lack of posting...^^;;;
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Dude of cool on Wed May 18, 2005 3:20 pm

Just a character that I wanted to make, it's been nagging at the back of the mind ever since Hey! anybody else like... for no particular RPs... yet.

Name: Mac Paterson (Geist)
Height: 5'9"
Hair color: Brown (Purple when in ghost form)
Eye color: Red (though his eyes are always obscured by his hair)
Species: Halfa (half human, half ghost)

Appearance: Mac often wears a T-shirt with a question mark on it, jeans, green shoes, and a ridiculously long red flannel button down (?) shirt. His hair is always overgrown in the front and in the back, though significantly less overgrown in the back
In ghost form, Mac wears a torn black trenchcoat, Black pants, brown boots, and a blue T-shirt

Abilities: intangibility, invisibility, flight, increased strength, can sense when ghosts are nearby, can form weapons out of a sort of ectoplasmic energy, can form barriers out of the same ectoplasmic energy, and possesion

Background: A year back, Mac wasn't sure it was a great idea to pay a visit to his dads old friend Jack Fenton, he had better things to do than to be around a bunch of oldsters complaining about libidos and such, But when Mac met Danny, it suddenly became a good idea, at least, for a couple of hours it was. Mac and Danny bonded very quickly, Danny even told Mac about the crazy broken ghost portal in the basement, which a curious Mac went to look at. In the ghost zone, a powerful ghost was thinking of breaking free, and at the exact moment that Mac decided to go inside of the "broken" ghost portal, the ghost and Mac being in the same place at the same time caused Mac and the ghost to fuse, turning Mac into Geist (his ghost form) and, seeing that this was a powerful ghost, leaving him with slightly different personality as Geist. Now, Mac has mastered most of his ghost ablities, and fights ghosts as: Geist, ghost hunter extraordinaire (... although, ghosts aren't the only things he hunts). Mac is a caring, lovable, goofy guy. Geist cares only for his main objective, when he doesn't have an objective he's usually a sad version of Mac, he also projects a slight aura that makes those close to him (physically) feel down

Edit: here's a pic or two
Image Image

the one on the left is Mac normally playing an air guitar and the one on the right is Mac as geist, with badly drawn energy swords and pale white (... like he should be... yeah), haven't got a grasp on drawing energy swords.
Last edited by Dude of cool on Wed May 18, 2005 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dude of cool
Keenspot Despot

Location: between the ground and the sky, preferably not hurtling toward the former

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed May 18, 2005 3:44 pm

Hurray! Danny Phantom Character...^^;;; I'm sooooo gonna have to start putting up more bios of my alternates to Atashi here sometime soon....well, at least, all the dimensional Alternates...not quite sure about the alternates that are slightly parallel... :-?
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Ky1234 on Thu May 19, 2005 7:11 pm

Better Explaination of Moves

Standing-

Punch- Ky extends his arm slightly. Comes out fast but barely
reaches further than his sword in normal pose. Good for close combo
starting though. Does miniscule damage. Combos well though.

Kick- Kicks to the shins of the opponent. Not as fast as punch, and
has less range. Does little damage but can combo too.

Slash- Does a far reaching Hiratsuki (sword thrust) towards the
opponent. Has quite good range with good speed. Useful for poking
and snuffing moves. Up closes it becomes a Katatake (downwards
slash), which comes out fast, used in combos.

Hard Slash- An arcing Karatake (downwards slash.) Has great range
and coverage as well as speed. Good for anti air as well as hitting
opponents. Comes out fast and only delay is the traveling of the
sword in an arc.

Jumping-

Punch- Jumping version of his ground punch. I actually have trouble
connecting with this move, probably kept for air combo purposes.

Kick- A standard looking jump kick. Good for combo starting, as well
as random air poking.

Slash- Does a really cool looking sideways slash. It arcs slightly
upwards at the end of the move, and comes out pretty fast. It has
good cover and pretty safe to use in air unless you jump into an
overdrive move or something.

Hard Slash- Does a flying Katatake, similar to the Ryu Tsui Sen move
from Rurouni Kenshin. Ky does a massive chop downwards onto the
opponents head. Leaves an arcing trail which can hit the opponent
too. Pretty fast and good priority.

Crouching-

Punch- Standard looking punch outwards. Comes out fast but has poor
range. Used for combo starting.

Kick- Slides his leg out to the ankles of the opponent. Looks pretty
much standard but comes out slowly.

Slash- Hacks across the opponents shins. It is a two slash move,
meaning Ky swings the sword twice. It can only hit once though, but
has good range and makes an okay poke.

Hard Slash- Does a rising Sakakaze (upwards slash.) It does not arc
though, but can still hit opponents jumping in. Comes out fast, but
there is a slight delay at the end of the move. Does two hits up
close.

================
V. Special Moves
================

Ky is basically modeled after Ryu. He has projectiles as well as an
uppercut.

Command Moves:
--------------

Elbow - (F+P)
Ky does an extended elbow. Slower than the Punch, with same range.

Side Kick- (F+K)
Ky slides (steps) towards the enemy and does a side kick to the mid
section. Good for annoying and pressuring the enemy, but it is
pretty vulnerable.

Turn Slash- (F+HS)
Ky does a turning slash towards the legs of the enemy. Does two hits
up close. Slower than the standard HS, but it can combo as well.
Mainly used as combo filler.

Dust Attack- (S+HS)
Ky Swings his sword upwards. Some what fast for a dust attack. Have
range of punch.

Sweep Attack- (D+S+HS)
Ky sticks his leg out, tripping the opponent. Somewhat slow.

Throws:
-------

Leaping Slash - (F+HS)
Ky grabs the stunned opponent, does a small flip and slashes down
onto the opponent,

Special Moves:
--------------

Stun Edge - (QCF+S)
Ky whips his sword sideways, launching a crescent of electricity
towards the opponent. Looks similar to Sagat's Tiger shots. Comes
out pretty fast, and mainly used for zoning the opponent. It is
extremely eay to avoid in this game though, so try to launch it from
far away or within combos.

Aerial Stun Edge - (in Air, QCF+S or HS)
Ky does an Aerial Version of the Stun Edge. The slash is aimed
steeply downward though, so don't expect to hit anyone from full
screen away. The Heavy slash version is more horizontally angled,
and may miss the opponent totally. At full screen, it can usually
hit average height characters (Axl, Sol etc) right in the head.
Typically used for air encounters. Both are good for surprises or
making the opponent whiff their anti-air counters. Ky gets boosted
slightly upwards and is vulnerable when landing, since he cannot be
controlled.

Stun Edge Charge Attack - (QCF+HS)
Ky charges up and does a large version of the stun edge. This
version is much longer (about 2 character lengths) but travels
slightly slower and has a slight delay before it. I think it cancels
out other projectiles as well. Ky can actually run after this
version and hit the opponent the same time the projectile does.

Vapor Thrust - (DPM+S or HS)
Ky does an overhead arcing slash of electricity whilst leaping
upwards. Basically his uppercut type move, where the Heavy slash
travels further up. It can hit grounded opponents though, but misses
some crouching opponents. Can be used in combos. Moves pretty fast,
but has long recovery time when landing. HS can go double jump
height, so it is recommended it is used in combos or absolutely sure
you can connect. This move can be done in midair. Useful if the
opponent manages to jump that high, which I have no idea on how.

Stun Dipper - (QCF+K)
Ky doe a sliding kick and ends with a slash to the opponent. He will
do the slash regardless if the first part hit at all. Comes out
pretty fast and must be blocked low. Useful for surprise attacks or
in combos. However it is vulnerable if blocked or missed. It can
slide under some attacks though.

Crescent Slash - (QCB+K)
Ky does an inverted backwards flip (!) and raises slashes the
opponent with his sword. The streak of lightning reaches to the top
of the screen. Moves quite fast and performs move as he is
recovering from the flip. The main vulnerability is from the flip
itself.

======================================
VI. Overdrive and Instant Kill Attacks
======================================

Ride the Lightning -
"Ride-oh the Lightningu!" -(HCB, F+HS)

Dashes towards his lightning in a huge circle of electricity.
Multiple orbs of lightning encircle the larger one. Does 5 hits up
close, and less from further away. The diameter of the globe is
about character height, but it is pretty much invincible to almost
anything Non-Dizzy (final boss.) Comes out fast and can travel full
screen, but the opponent can see it from a mile away as well as block
it easily. It moves pretty fast though, but it is better used as a
counter or within combos

Rising Force - (Instant Kill)
"Kusou!...Honkio Mezemasho!" -(QCF, QCF+HS)

Ky stabs the enemy with a gigantic bolt of lightning. Similar to his
slash move, but encompasses with a very large beam of lightning. Has
long horizontal range and comes out instantly. Useful but pretty
lame really when compared to the others. Can be a good counter, but
you would have to either get into destroy mode and perform the motion
really quickly, or be in destroy mode in advance. Has high priority
though, which most of the other destroy moves does not have. What a
boring move.

And here is pics I found of him that I forgot to put up:

Last edited by Ky1234 on Thu May 19, 2005 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Goomanji: Myself
My el goonish shive section of my website! Help me fill up the page! I need stuff for it! PM me the things if you have anything! Thx :D
http://www.ky1234.bravehost.com/elgoonishshive.html

The statement below is true
The statement above is false

Image Image
Ky1234
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: A place where dum people r dum and smart people r dumer

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu May 19, 2005 7:21 pm

Okay, Ky....I'm curious as to if you've ever made a fighting game before.....as of course, this is due to the insane amount of detail you've put into the moves of this character...^^
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Ky1234 on Thu May 19, 2005 7:31 pm

Actually I found all of that info on gamefaqs.com :D
Current Goomanji: Myself
My el goonish shive section of my website! Help me fill up the page! I need stuff for it! PM me the things if you have anything! Thx :D
http://www.ky1234.bravehost.com/elgoonishshive.html

The statement below is true
The statement above is false

Image Image
Ky1234
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: A place where dum people r dum and smart people r dumer

Postby UltimateRandom on Fri May 20, 2005 1:47 pm

Details for Celtar RP.

Name: goes by the name Random. Real name is possibly Orrin, or you may just have heard wrong.
Age: Undisclosed. Appears to be in his mid-late teens, but is probably older.
Race: Mostly human. (details unknown)
Job: Errant traveler. Odd-job man. No real job.

Description: Shorter than average, chaotic golden hair down to shoulder level, covering ears that are unusually pointy. Blue green eyes with an odd sparkle and golden tinge to the iris.Wears a large cloak, somewhere between dark green/grey/blue. Other clothes are dark coloured. Carries what appears to be a sword strapped across his back. All in all he looks like he's come from another century, and is perfectly self-sufficient.

Skills/Abilities: Is older than he appears, or experienced beyond his years (wisdom is another matter). He is considerably faster, in speed, reflexes and general agility, than the average human. This may be inherited or due to the training he has been known to put himself through. His physical strength is average, however he has mastered his sword-style. He is also highly proficient with the other weapons he has concealed. He also may have more unusual abilities, but if he does he is keeping them a secret.

History: Is a wanderer, never stays in one place for too long. He leaves his own past behind him, to the point of forgetting it. Despite this he is surprisingly cheerful most of the time, although sometimes this appears to be a facade. He has hinted that he has spent some time in a scientific laboratory, but wether he was experimenting or being experimented on is another matter.

Family: Mother and Father from different areas and backgrounds. Both were considered 'unusual' by their societies. They separated when he was barely in his teens, and he grew up with two younger brothers (twins) and his mother. He lost contact with his family a long time ago.

Planet: When asked, he says that he grew up in Foares.

I put a little too much detail in the main body, but I hope everything's OK
Last edited by UltimateRandom on Sun May 22, 2005 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
'gquuc vlyurryut umz cho cryugfi geboc zyuz tilo umz tyunver yum cho quuvo
nyunci quolo cho veletleboc umz cho neno-lugfc eagtluvo.

Who am I? well... http://www.editthis.info/egs_mayhem/UltimateRandom

1361 XP, Lvl 6 Cat RPBunny with Artistic Inclinations
UltimateRandom
Keenspot Despot

Location: Over there! Look! There! Too late, you've missed me.

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri May 20, 2005 2:02 pm

Actually, this is really good, it's what I'm expecting, really...Thanks, Random...we'll see how everyone else does with the bios...^ ^;
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Sword Emperor Gear Ryu on Sat May 21, 2005 8:10 pm

<<For the Celt RP>>

Name: Timiri Salendo
Race: Falrin

Racial Bio: Humanoid skeletal and muscular structure. Long ears, thrice-spiked in the back. Twin coarse furry tails that habitually cross over each other when nervous, or flare when angered. Their fur is coarse, often dark brown to blonde, flecked with black, golden, silver, or white speckles, with a dark skin beneath. Their faces belong more to the feline family than the canine, although it is granted their warlike habits seem more canine in nature. Their eyes glow lavender in darkness; their fur gleams in moonlight. They are a surprisingly long-lived species. The average lifespan is 134 (male) to 147 (female).

Excellent hearing, but best known for their almost supernatural reflexes. A militant race, they dislike humans as a rule, and many rebel factions have a large number of them. A good number of them work as mercenaries.

Most fighters carry guns, but there are a few that carry special swords, or nothing at all. The only given explanation is that their reflexes allow them to clear a room with a melee weapon more efficiently and faster than firing a stream of bullets. However, this level of development is so rare that most people take it as a joke.

They have little sense of fashion, but are known to criticize what others wear. Their clothing is pragmatic and inostentacious, sometimes even gaudy. When dressing down (not on duty), they tend to wear thick and heavy clothing. Thus, they are difficult to recognize. The habit springs from their vaguely secretive nature. It is an outward expression of their solitudinous status in society. In combat, they dress light, but effectively. Their main defense comes in the form of miniature shield devices that float about, blocking incoming attacks. Their in-and-out method of combat rarely gives opponents time to do any serious harm.

This race originates on Celtar, where they still live in large numbers. However, their current population is greatly diminished from the original count. A certain war not too many decades ago cost them many soldiers, and the "Falrin Eater" virus, engineered by an opposing race, once threatened to wipe out the species on this planet. They hate the race, Qarrin (renowned for their fascination with microbiology and other genetic studies), that engineered the virus, and also the humans, who seemed least interested in their plight. If it weren't for their greed, they wouldn't much care for this planet, or any other, for that matter.

Tamiri's Description
Sex: Male
Appearance of Age: 27
Eye Color: Leaf Green
Fur Color: Fair Golden
Spot Color: Silver (except on face - black)
Clothes: Generally dresses in a long grey coat, thick brown pants, and a loose white shirt. Has an expensive (read: illegal) high-powered laser handgun in a holster at his left side. Carries several "Gratzi" grenades around his waist. Has a miniature shield surrounding his body whenever out in public. Wears simple running shoes.

History
Tamiri spent the first thirty years of his life on Celtar, working as a mercenary for various rebel organizations, as part of the Klipp. Within this organization, he was quickly promoted up the inner ranks, taking on more dangerous missions as the years went by.

Unfortunately, something went wrong during his last mission, and he was forced to go into hiding. Found out within a matter of months, he has been spending the last few years running from enemies on all sides. He was eventually caught by a special interests group that recognized his talents.

In exchange for aiding a certain project, he is to be granted immunity from the repercussions of his earlier failure. All he has to do is locate a certain chimerate and aid in bringing it back to a certain research group alive and unharmed. That is the released information.

There is a secondary objective given him, but it is under confidential record.

He has been placed in a group; altogether, they are assigned to locate this chimerate. Ruthless and determined, Tamari will do anything he can to be freed of past indignation.

He is a skilled fighter, knowledgable in handling firefights and stealth missions. He often refers to himself as "two ranks shy of the sword", which leads many to believe this Falrin is confident in his abilities. If his impressive record is anything to go by, he is dangerous and efficacious.

Although quiet, he will bond with anyone whom he considers an experienced warrior. He does not get along well with humans, but he treats them indifferently if forced to work with them (has happened, twice).

A pragmatist, he expects anyone in his group to be as focused as he is. This job means a lot to him; he will not hesitate where others falter.

He protects himself with a miniature shield at all times, generally invisible to the naked eye. His gun is always at ready and his quiet nature belies his preparedness; don't sneeze wrong.
Last edited by Sword Emperor Gear Ryu on Fri May 27, 2005 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sword Emperor Gear Ryu
Keenspot Despot

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sat May 21, 2005 8:13 pm

yay! just three more bios to wait for...oh, and Random, it was Foares that you're mentioning...there isn't a planet called Hoares in the Solar system we're dealing with...^ ^;;; unless I should make one.....^ ^
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Character: Fearmonger

Postby Sword Emperor Gear Ryu on Sat May 21, 2005 11:38 pm

Name: "Fearmonger"
RP: Moperville RP
Title: Fearmonger
Sex: Inapplicable
Height: Inapplicable
Weight: Inapplicable

Origin
Fearmonger calls itself the representation of a place called the Void. If "Fearmonger" is not his real name, he doesn't care to tell who he really is. During Gear's month long stay in the Void, he obtained the ability to summon the powers of the void (latent). He also experienced torments he cannot recall. This allowed the seed of Fearmonger to be created.

During a time when Gear was regressed to eight, Gear opened a present from Tyveras that hid his memories of ages 9 - 18. It also readjusted his earlier memories to include Shotoken as his sibling. An important catalyst was prepared, as the inheret Void power was also unlocked (meaning Gear could technically use the power of the Void at eight).

As soon as Gear began to age into nine years old, the combination of magic and Void power came out. Fearmonger immediately generated itself, taking partial possession of Gear and eating away at his memories. It stripped away the memories of 9 - 18. Therefore, Gear recalls nothing from those years, making him as eight years old as children come.

He begins to materialize whenever Gear is nine years or older. Fearmonger possesses Gear's body and reaches into the Void to draw on his self, embodied in a wicked sword bound in chains. He cannot use many of his abilities until Gear reaches age 18. Then, when the ten years of memory have been accumulated thusly, the chains break and Fearmonger completely possesses Gear's body. Whenever Gear is pushed back under nine years young, Fearmonger loses all power over the boy and his sword becomes a regular bastard sword.

Personality and Habits
Fearmonger is a self-preservationalist. He seeks to protect his existance at all costs. To achieve this end, he feels it necessary to delete (kill) anybody associated with his host (Shotoken), possessing high level magic in his vicinity (Tyveras), have the ability to manipulate chaos (Random) or are a threat to the Void (Berk). It is a tough task, but he is dedicated to that goal at any cost.

Beyond his concern with killing anyone he considers a threat, Fearmonger has a passion for establishing dominance over others. As if trying to fill himself with something he cannot have, he actively forces others to bow to him and swear fealty.

When not busy killing people, he enjoys appearing like a regular human. Doing so allows him to elude pursuers (so long as they do not know what he looks like in said form), and experiment with life on the mortal plane. To simply be a physical entity seems to be one of his greatest desires.

Abilities
Fearmonger is capable of drawing on an endless supply of Void power that is dispersed from within his own essence.

He can generate a barrier that will teleport anything composed of atoms (And not bound in a way as to be inseparable) to the Void. Thus, sticking one's hand into the void means losing said hand. Find it in the Void somewhere. The Void barrier also works as an enhancement against Nature, it's opposite, and prevents chaos from affecting Fearmonger (within reason).

A secondary barrier is based on the principles of Tyveras' reality warp magic. It effectively counters the reality warping effects of said magic.

Unfortunately, these powerful barriers take a lot of effort to maintain against heavy assault.

Therefore, his other capabilities are useful. He can teleport by vanishing into the Void for a second, opening a portal elsewhere, and appearing through it. The effect is instantaneous, difficult to detect.

He can use magic to warp reality much in the way of Tyveras. He fuses it with the power of the Void to create a variety of amazing effects. If he puts his mind to it, it appears nothing is impossible for him.

Appearance
Fearmonger's human appearance is based loosely on Gear's 18 year old form. However, there are significant differences. He does not wear glasses. His hair is incandescent white and reaches the upper lumbar of his back. The same can be said of any other hair on his body, including his eyebrows. The hair is tied at the base with a dark leather thread that glows red. His face is clean shaven and smooth. His eyes are a calming green.

He is tall, only slightly muscular, and wiry. He usually dresses in dark dress pants, dress shoes, and dress shirt. By almost all appearances, he is a normal, if dashingly handsome young man. A natural charm.

However, when he bothers to show his real self, he looks remarkably different. His irises turn blood red and the whites become black. His hair's aura assumes a ghostly white color. His ears become pointed, and his face becomes a permanent snarl. His teeth become fanged.

His clothes shift into a blood red trenchcoat with a pitch tunic beneath. His shoes become a pair of steel boots. He also wears tight leather gloves over his hands, except the tips of the fingers, which are delicately clawed.

His body's innerworkings are also different than most humans, granting him supernatural physical capabilities. Sucn changes include superior speed, increased skin durability, and hypersensitive senses.

The sword he carries is nothing less than a symbol of his own dark nature. At most, it is his main expression of attack. A sword of at least four feet in length, the blade seems to grow longer or shorter at random. Thus, it is difficult to counter. The sword has a grinning golem on its pommel, and two hands thrown up in a beg for mercy as its guard. The handle is wrapped in a bleeding black leather and the sword's blade is also sable, but covered in a strange "negative rainbow" (a rainbow effect of colors negative to those of a natural rainbow).

Current Status: He has been suppressed and his sword has been taken by Tyveras. He intends to return as soon as possible. It only takes a few months for Gear to age to nine... and at eight, the age he is first in possession of any latent Void powers, the threat of Fearmonger's return is ever emminent...
Sword Emperor Gear Ryu
Keenspot Despot

Postby UltimateRandom on Sun May 22, 2005 5:36 am

Bio for the 40k RPG; I've tweaked the character background and changed her abiltites slightly, mixing in some stuff from the Celtar RP-

Name: Ran Chaos

Appearance: Short green-eyed girl with long blonde hair and green streaks down the sides of her face. Wears loose clothes of dark shades and a baggy hooded jumper (zipped at the front). She keeps the hood down, unless she needs to look mysterious.

Background: Is a distant relative of Random Chaos or one of his alternates. Her parents have kept up a family tradition of training the eldest child in antiquated forms of battle. Her family lived on a small remote planet for a considerable amount of time as she was growing up, but moved to a larger, human metropolis, due to her father's work (archaeology). Her family has a tradition for weirdness, her father having psychokinetic powers and her mother being able to shapeshift. None of these have currently been expressed in her or her sisters yet.

Abilities: Is a tech genius and can create pretty much anything from basic materials. Has incorporated a very small non-metallic technological element into her system, allowing her to effectively control some of her equipment at a distance and acess her computer system at any time. Due to her heritage is more graceful and fast than the average human.

Combat style: knows basic martial arts, but prefers to use her heavily customised laser-type hand gun (which has various settings). She can also handle a light sword or dagger (or any weapon of those types e.g. lightsabers). She prefers to use her speed and agility in battle.

Species: Augumented Human Hybrid.

PM me if anything needs changing. (I used to play 40k. I had an Eldar army)
'gquuc vlyurryut umz cho cryugfi geboc zyuz tilo umz tyunver yum cho quuvo
nyunci quolo cho veletleboc umz cho neno-lugfc eagtluvo.

Who am I? well... http://www.editthis.info/egs_mayhem/UltimateRandom

1361 XP, Lvl 6 Cat RPBunny with Artistic Inclinations
UltimateRandom
Keenspot Despot

Location: Over there! Look! There! Too late, you've missed me.

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem