Character Bios[Create a New life here.]

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Postby clawlikedragon on Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:29 pm

Circle of magic rp
Name: Garth La'er
Power:sunlight, able to control it
Appearence: Garth is short and light, with blond hair(normal cut) and brown eyes. His build is between featherweight and wind blown. He's quite fast
Personality: Lazy, laidback, almost always smiling as long as he's not working, even if someone dies or something. Extremely smart (for the medieval period)
History: Garth has never had to do any real work in his entire life, his childhood was extremely laid back, since his village was up in the mountains, with the technology of our time (although they didn't use it as much, they had it but use it in a different way). Garth set out one day as a merchant to sell some of the novelties, weapons, and innovations of his town, is currently at the edge of town, selling things like whirly-bird messengers.
"I once was unhappy that I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

"Yes, you are a terrible and stupid person for you cannot appreciate the corners of appartments." Bloo; Foster's home for imaginery friends.

In the near future, I hope to own my own copy of brawl.

Inventory:
A TF gun
A dead fish (haddock i think)
A cookie wrapped in plastic
A squirrel teddy
A six pack of unlabelled soda
clawlikedragon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:54 am

New Moperville Bio This character will make her appearance sometime later, so bear with me if this bio doesn't coincide with her appearance.

Name: Kassandra Annabelle Toruine
Height: exactly 5' 2.5"
Hair color: Mousey brown
Eye color: Right eye is a bright silvery blue, the Left a deep dark emerald

Appearance/Description: KAT, as she's been nicknamed by her close friends, is an inter-dimensional traveler. Wandering her way through each world she happens upon and discovering the whims of that world, one country at a time. She appears to most as a mouse wearing a very oddly-shaped tunic. It stretches down her arms about a foot in excess and hangs very firmly on her very muscular frame, and stops a several feet and a half down from her waist. She tends to wear a large traveling cloak, which resembles Atashi's duster, but with minor changes to length, amount of pockets and overall tatteredness. The cloak is worn to perfection, allowing her to deal with harsh colds and really intense heats. As for what she's using to travel around, a lot of stares follow her whenever she talks to the motorcycle she's on. An explanation from her goes as follows:

"It's a motorrad, a talking and thinking computer put into a motorcycle to keep a traveler from going insane by talking to themselves. I personally find it humorous when people ask....but Shrawde here hates it." And she would pat the seat of the motorcycle as if she was referring to a beloved friend.

Powers/Abilities: KAT is a Geomancer, and a very good one at that too. She can use her skill to repair just about anything from a house to a huge Ship that's leaking out of its hull. As for her non-magical stuff, she is very well-versed in every form of martial arts you can imagine. Sometimes she's even had to stay in places longer than normal to learn a new technique or skill from the place she's in, but even so she stays only just long enough to learn the principles needed for her to practice her martial arts. Her biggest strength comes from her adaptation to almost any situation, and her ability to just deal with things that come as they are. She may sound relaxed and easy-going, but underneath all of that is a very powerful foe and ally if you happen to meet her requirements of being a friend.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Django on Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:52 am

Circle of Magic Bio

Name: Silas Engels a.k.a. "Zephyr"
Power: Wind Magic
Appearance: Wears a green mantle over a light green overshirt, pale jade pants, and brown sandals. Has unkempt brown and blonde hair, deep emerald eyes, with gold flecks around the pupil. Friendly smile. Always carried his ash flute.
Personality: Loves animals, playing tricks, and having fun. Rather untrusting of people older than him, he has developed slight skill as a pickpocket, but generally earns his coin as a bard. He never steals from girls, rather, he aides them in any way possible. Quite the charmer.
Inventory:
Ash flute
13 bronze crescents
3 silver astrels
Traveller's mantle
Overshirt
undershirt
Pants
Sandals
5 oz. Saffron
Last edited by Django on Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone in the world has a purpose. When you find yours depends on who you want to become.
-Craig(me)

The closer you are to light, the greater your shadow becomes...but do not be afraid, for you have the greatest weapon of all. A pure heart.

I am the one, the only, the Broken Angel...

I am lost, trapped in the darkness. Searching for the one like me, an angel, to save me from the dark in my soul....
Django
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Somewhere in between Heaven and Hel, watching, waiting, searching for something, someone. Taiyoh.

Postby Cameo on Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:49 pm

Drifters RP (it has a name now- spread the word!)

Name: Halsey Emex (Halsey Mellers/Shamral Emex).
Species: Iscali
Height: 5'7
Build: Tallish and thin
Hair: Brown, loose below-shoulder-length waves with bangs
Eyes: Dark gray-blue
Skin tone: Light
Intelligence: High

Appearance: Halsey has chocolate-colored wavy hair, dark blue eyes, and is fairly tall and thin. She looks about fifteen or sixteen, which is a source of some minor aggravations; everyone who meets her assumes she's a teenager, so befriending people is kind of hard, and getting into a nightclub can be a major production.

I actually decided how she looked by playing around with The Sims 2, rather than having a pre-existing mental picture (...can't get TS2-dependent...), because I had no idea what she looked like beforehand.

Clothing: Halsey isn't obsessed with fashion, but she does follow it to some extent. At the moment, her favored outfit is a belted black minidress over a pair of white tights and a red turtleneck sweater; it's accompanied by a pair of gray almost-knee-height boots. She does own a few differently-colored pieces of this outfit, but is far more likely to just wear somehting else than one of them. Specifically, her other favorite clothes are a midnight-blue tank top, a silvery gray skirt, a pair of blue-camoflage jeans, and a 'smart sweater' that can change color via remote control (which, itself, is tiny enough to stick in her pocket).

Personality: Halsey's standout trait is her energy level; she's always on the move and never seems to tire. Unfortunately, she's also easily bored, and bounces off the walls when she is bored. She's spunky and outspoken, but has trouble keeping her mouth shut (back when she was in school, this frequently brought her to the principal's office) and doesn't take condescension very well.

She also has an overactive imagination and a tendency to daydream, or think up new ideas when she should be concentrating on something else; this was why Halsey nearly flunked seventh grade. She also likes to play video games, swim, and absorb useless (sometimes not so useless) information.

Halsey's symbiont is named Emex; Shamral Emex, to be precise. He's quite laid-back and easygoing, but makes a lot of horrible puns and can be very annoying sometimes. However, he also functions as her 'voice of reason', usually having to step in, metaphorically speaking, and keep her from doing something stupid.

Background: Halsey had a fairly normal childhood, save for a few weird experiences (it's a long story, but it involves out-of-body experiences, precognitive dreams, and an outdated math textbook). She was born and lived her formative years on Iscal, her species' homeworld; her mother was also in the IIA (Iscali Interstellar Agency; they're, essentially, the Iscali equivalent of Starfleet), and that was most likely the reason why she eventually decided to join.

Abilities: Halsey is pretty normal for an Iscali. However, the species as a whole has several 'powers' in comparison to the average human.
-Improved hearing, thanks to their large ears.
-Some relatively non-impressive psionic abilities: both humanoids and symbionts can send thoughts to and from each other's minds, first of all. Standard, but weak, telepathy (mostly overhearing surface thoughts) is quite common, occuring in around 40% of the population. Psychokinesis (shiny new term) is uncommon, but present and only unusual enough to get a second glance (or, possibly, a short stare) if you saw someone using it on the street.
(Anyone with even weak psychic sensitivity, regardless of species, can usually detect when an Iscalid's using their psionic skills.)
Halsey herself is psychokinetic, but it's not totally under control (things fly around, or break, when she gets overemotional) and too weak to lift anything heavier than around 70 pounds or outside her range of vision (consciously; emotion-based, uncontrolled PK has been known to manifest behind but still close to her).

Random Facts:
Halsey is usually the one in control of her shared body, but if she starts making atrocious puns, Emex is the guilty party.
Halsey is fairly thin, but she can't take the credit- she just has a fast metabolism, which also accounts for her endless energy and the amount of food (both healthy and junk-y) that she eats.

Pre-Halsey, Emex had three hosts: Tamsyne Miraro, Melstrom Allerty, and Saprica Veli
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Random_Sage on Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:09 pm

Drifters RP

Name: Carlin Valo (Carlin Hayle/ Eldon Valo)
Race: Iscali
Height: 6
ImageImage

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line"- Oscar Levant
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"- Adam Savage, Mythbusters
"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but usually manages to pick himself up, walk over or around it, and carry on."-Winston Churchill
ProfessorTomoe wrote:It's the Internet, for crying out loud. Nothing on it can ever truly look respectable.
Random_Sage
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Grim Atescu on Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:10 pm

Drifters RP:

Name: Tsakhare
Species: Shalkha
Caste: Tsushalkh (which explains why he's on the ship.)
Rank: Khaas (High Initiate, the highest rank before formal induction into the Tsushalkh Priesthood)
Height: 4'6", which is tall for a prepubescent Shalkha.
Gender: Male; most of his brood's Tsushalkh (the Tsushalkh of his generation) are female, which also makes him unusual.
Appearance: Taller than most of his contemporaries. His eyes glint with a fervor and desire for knowledge. The silver mark on his chest, there from birth, was how he was chosen to be Tsushalkh. It is in the shape of a circle with a line running straight through the top and coming out straight through the bottom. When on land or aboard foreign vessels, he wears the black-and-grey robes of his office.
The Robes: The robes consist of a dark grey bathrobe-like under-robe, which is covered by the hooded black over-robe. Along the collar are stitched designs in silver, signifying that he is of the Khaas. As one progresses higher in ranks, the designs become more ornate and cover more of the robe.
Personality: He is strongly driven by Knowledge, Honor, and Passion. It is his personal belief that these are the principles that the Code is based on, and he tries to live as though these three things are his life. He is also willing to act as a spiritual guide to those who need it.
History: Tsakhare was the seventeenth egg of his brood to hatch; as such, he is one of the Eldest. Raised in Sskhaskha (the greatest temple of the Tsushalkh, similar to a monastery), he quickly learned that there were four paths a Tsushalkh could take - that of the Ruler, that of the Priest, that of the Traveller, and that of the Diplomat. He chose to become a Traveller, one who works as a ranking officer on a spacecraft (be it a chaplain, a psychiatrist, or a high-ranking officer.) He began training, and was assigned to the Khisyel Ta to complete his training. On board, he was assigned the position of First Officer. While he disagrees with several of the Captain's decisions, he accepted them with grace because Duty is one of the virtues expected of him.
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby Shrike-01 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:44 am

moperville(Meh) (and my rp as well)

Name: Harrison Hardy
Sex: Male
Species: Human/furry
Hair color/style: Black/red with spikes dotting the top of his head
Eye color: Bright blue
Complexion: very fuzzy
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 190lbs
apperance(Clotheing):Harrison wears a black t shirt that reads, you just got scratched on the front and on the back. Reads the reapers calling for you he wears a pair of baggy cameo cargo shorts and a pair of black sneakers

weapons:a pair of wrist swords he carries in his back pack, at all times, a small pair of daggers in his boots an obsidian katana (in bag) and a set of razor sharp claws.(what do you expect he has the characteristics of a tiger
abbilites:
Feral rage:He can tap into the primal forces, when enraged via a friend getting hurt or when he is in a state of extreame rage. Caution is advised around him when he's gone berserk, as his strength and power triples with the activation of this skill.

Blade play:He has an unnatural abbility with the use, of bladed melee weapons he moves with a grace and agility seen in only. Sword dancers he can strike parry thrust and defend against, all melee attacks easily.

Martial arts:Harrison has trained for a while, in muai thai kickboxing giveing him the know how and in sight on where to. Strike for maximum damage with each of his kicks he could easily incapacitate, a fully grown man twice his size with perfectly placed kick or he could easily. Kill him with another perfectly placed kick it's all up, to him but he shuns from slowly killing them.

History:Harrison was five at the time when his parents, where butchered before his eyes leading to a brief 9 year stay in a mental ward. For a major case of psychosis when he got out, he had found a room mate but good days where short his friend killed himself. A year later depression and gambleing did him in and harrison, was back out on the streets searching for a new home and a new family. One that was prone to happy days and he would protect this one with his life.
Last edited by Shrike-01 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:05 am, edited 10 times in total.
Shrike-01
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:59 pm

Virus RP, if it's not too late to join.^^

Operator

Name: Tabitha Adrian Marlov
Appearance: 'Tabby', as she's been nicknamed, often dresses in jean shorts and often sleeveless t-shirts, occasionally a pair of matching suspenders add to what she's wearing at the moment. She's fairly phsyically fit, and her musculature isn't hard to see when she stretches and flexes. She's not too much taller than the average girl, and just about as "well-rounded" as most too. Her hair is usually either short, or pulled back in a ponytail if she doesn't want to cut her hair for a while.

Personality: Most people who meet her at first will say she's a 'tomboy', as she's hardly the kind who is obviously patient. Anyone who can manage to get closer to knowing the real Tabby is in for a surprise, as below that firey and upstart 'mask' is a quiet and rather skilled tactician. Due to this difference in personality, a lot of people who've seen her playing chess or other mind games often mistake her for someone else.

Job, hobbies ect: Student, though she has been asked occasionally to work with her Navi to fix old weight equipment that isn't working right.

Skills: Tabby has strength and the knowledge and prowess that comes with it. She often gets great marks in Phys Ed, and even though she never tells anyone about it she also goes to an out of town Martial Arts school.

PET type: Her PET is a rather interesting one to look at, as it seems to have no clear color on it. Instead, it constantly changes colors from the temperature around it.(Blue=cold violet=warm red=warmer maroon=hot nearly black=hot) Even though Tabby hates having to carry her PET with her almost everywhere, she's glad that it comes with a specialized port from which she plugs in either the infrared accessory, or a USB/internet port that allows her to connect to the systems she has to 'fix'. She usually has a pouch for her chips, and even though she was given a basic set to start off with, she has already gained quite a few strongly strategic chips.

Misc: Listing of Tabby's chips so far...
3xSword [ y ]
3xWidesword [ y ]
3xLongsword [ y ]
3xStepsword [ n,o,p ]
3xStepcross [ p,q,r ]
2xSlasher [ b ]
3xVarsword [ b,c,d ]
3xHammer [ * ] (standard)
4xGuard [ * ] (standard)
3xPanelout1 [ * ] (standard)
2xPanelout3 [ * ] (standard)
3xRecov50 [ c ] (standard)
2xRecov80 [ f ]
2xRepair [ * ] (standard)
2xBarrier [ e,* ] (standard)
2xBarr100 [ e,* ] (standard)
2xBarr200 [ e,* ] (standard)
3xWrench [ w ] (standard)
3xWrenchthrow [ w ] (standard)
1xMetalStage [ m ] (standard)
1xGrassStage [ e ]
1xIceStage [ c ] (standard)
1xSandStage [ b ] (standard)
1xLavaStage [ * ]

Description of unique chip:
Wrench: this is a special chip that only Wrench(and other maintenence Navis) can use. It works a lot like the Mettaur's pick, but can eventually be thrown as a secondary attack(only in use with corresponding chip).

Wrenchthrow: The chip that enables the Wrench chip to be used as a projectile. Although not as effective in damage, it is powerful enough to knock back the Navi/Virus it hits back a square. If the throw is used at close range the Wrench isn't lost, and it paralyzes the Navi/Virus it was used on.

------------------------------------------------

Navi

Name: Wrench.exe
Nickname: W or Fixit
Appearance: Despite the fact that his operator is constantly Net-battling those who've insulted her, Wrench is almost what you'd call a standard maintenence Navi. He wields a large Wrench as a style of attack(this is often similarly used in conjunction with sword chips and other close-range chips), and even occasionally uses the original blaster he was given at the start of being with Tabby. He has a helmet that looks like it's been taken from a mettaur, though it has a wrench symbol on it instead of the plus symbol. Wrench also has boots that look like they're perfect for ground-style work and seem insulated against elemental damage of his color. On his back is a pack that often is where his wrench hides, symbolizing a Navi that has hidden skills. His coloration and style always reflect the current color of the PET, though it is rare to see him in the Black coloration. Wrench's Symbol is the pack from his back with his 'signature' Wrench crossing it in a square of blue that fades to red.

Personality: Wrench isn't at all that much like Tabby, at least...until his coloration goes to Black, then it's obvious why Tabby likes him. As far as this goes, he is the most violent at Black, and tends to cause large amounts of damage during that time. Because he's so calm and collected during all of his other colorations, you'd never guess this Navi is capable of shutting down a whole network if he ever went crazy. Wrench is normally the 'voice of reason' to Tabby, and even though he gets annoyed by her constant nagging on being a pacifist; he does occasionally point out to her things that she'd normally miss.

Skills: Wrench is a very well-attuned fix-it man. Ask him to fix something on the Net and he can do it within a heartbeat. There is almost nothing he can't figure out, and often enough he's at a loss as to what to do when he does find something that complex. Though he can fix objects, it is his everlasting problem to try and fix Tabby's life so it isn't as harsh as it has been to her.

Style/element: Wrench's main style is Ground style, even though he does have a few others programmed in. Luckily, his main element varies from coloration to coloration, so it's up to chance if you'll fight him using water, or fire. He also has a new 'prototype' element that is non-elemental in kind, but is somehow effective against all elements. Tabby has been trying to figure this out, but as the element is only prevalent in his Black mode, it's hard to learn of.

Strengths: He is very durable, and puts up a great drawn-out fight in Net Battles. He also does a great job at smashing up panels and restricting movement of other Navis.

Weaknesses: Despite his great advantages against movement and long fights, he is fairly slow and often doesn't hit with as much force as he should have.

Preferred type of chips: Wrench prefers a lot of status-type chips and healing-type chips, but has started to like Tabby's method of mixing in sword chips and the occasional blaster chip.

There, Bio is done.^^
Last edited by Atashi-Cloud on Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Berk on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:21 pm

Virus Threat RP

Operator

Name: Raven
Appearance: Short and more than a little girly looking, helped along by his long hair. Generaly wears black casual clothing, always long pants, never shorts.

Personality: Fairly quiet and a bit of a loner, Raven perfers to stay out of the spotlight and do things on his own. He can netbattle, and has some skill with it, but he only really does it when he has to.

Job, hobbies ect: Martial arts, fantasy books.

Skills: Very skilled at defending himself, to the extent that he has taught Endless a few tricks with a blade that most navis wouldn't expect or even try.

PET type: Black and grey. Wired connection, but has an adapter that can be clipped onto the plug to give it infrared.

Misc: For later, if I need it.

------------------------------------------------

Navi

Name: Endless.EXE
Nickname: Endless, infinte, eternity as well as anything else similar.
Appearance: Black and grey humanoid navi of average size. Wearing a body suit and armour around his torso, along with gauntlets and boots, he doeasn't wear a helmet. His Emblem is a modified Endless Knot and appears in the middles of his chest and on the back of each of his gauntlets.

Personality: Often relaxed and calm, Endless is generally only serious when he's battling or when his operator is in danger.

Skills: High agility and focused attacks allow him to leap in, strike a critical blow and get out fast.

Style/element: None.

Strengths: Speed and focus.

Weaknesses: Low raw physical power.

Preferred type of chips: Fast and sword types, stepsword is his favourite.
Last edited by Berk on Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Berk: Logically breaking the laws of logic.
Epic Bunny: 11910 Bunnypoints

Cool Ellen quotes:
Is that all you noticed while in my shirt?
Yo Piggy! Get away from my brother 'fore I make you squeal!
Ah Yes, The Wonder Twins... They do complicate matters don't they?
That crazed look could have meant any number of things!
I feel significantly less menacing.
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
I'm supposed to know how magic works?
I thought I was ready for man-on-Ellen loving.
Mom told me to wake you. She was unspecific as to how.
Excuse me, I need to find something heavy and blunt to kill you with.
You can make marbles even more shiny?
Well, that, or "Mind your own business, jackass!"
Magnet!
Dammit, she can thumb-type every word, but she can't bust out the emoticons?
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby KylenPhylar on Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:35 pm

The first name is for Mopervile. Others are my other aliases in other boards.

Name(s): Kylen Phylar, Jake Blaze, Blake Jackson, Ceryl Kasshu
Race: Wolf Half demon (My dad is InuYasha, Kagome my ma!)
Likes: Girls, manga, fudge, games, swords, fast cars, my ears being rubbed
Dislikes: A**holes, Sesshemaro (my a**hole uncle), my ears being rubbed, bigots, racists, wannabes
Height: 6'00
Weight: 180, all of it muscle, but not the bulging kind
Ears: Artic Wolf Grey
Apperence: Loves to let his ears stand out. Carries a katana with him most the time. Loves Denim, jeans, and tee shirts. Also likes to wear Special clothes on occaions special to him.

History: Was sent to Mopervill by his parents in an exchange program. Just arrived. Already dislikes the TF gun (Tedd....). Knows English fairly well, seeing as he likes shows that are only in english.
Avatar By Sanchay. Yes, the Original is back
ImageImage
Because I think I am. As does Nok, who counted the points
~ I know -I'm- not dead, just lacking in the meat department. ~: BinaryWraith

Supreme Commander of Fort Mayhem. Meaning No "My Gun is Bigger" fights, got it?

My ForumFics: The Writer's Pen, Wolf of the Seas
KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Cuddling with Hinata, working on a world domination plan.

Postby Krid on Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:05 pm

1) You typoed "Moperville" twice.
2) Inuyasha is a half-demon, Kagome is a human, and the child of a half-demon and a human would be a quarter-demon.
3) A katana is large and hard to conceal, and people who walk around with obvious weapons tend to come to bad ends - a wakazashi or tonto would be a better choice for keeping on-hand.
4) "Dislikes: wannabes"
ImageImageImage
MKRP Wiki.
Inventory:
A cookie wrapped in shiny plastic, a dead fish, a six-pack of unlabeled soda, a squirrel teddy, a TF gun, a demonic duck plushy, A cloak of Creepiness +12, a Harem Bottle, a backpack of holding full of stuff, and a Catgirl named Lyna.
Krid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shrike-01 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:49 am

(importent tip for katana:Keep in a duffle bag, less obvious that way.)
Shrike-01
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Krid on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:32 am

Shrike-01 wrote:(importent tip for katana:Keep in a duffle bag, less obvious that way.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katana

At over 24 inches in blade length, that's going to be annoying in a duffle bag - you would have to pack-in material around it so it's form won't be visable (And so it won't slice through the bag like a hot knife through molten butter. If it's not sharp enough to slice clean through bone on a solid strike, then it's obviously being horribly neglected - what, are you doing, hitting rocks?!?!), thus making it problematic to draw if need be.

There are LOTS of legal, semi-legal, and easily concealable illegal weapons to choose from, so a illegal and hard-to-conceal weapon isn't the best choice.

I'd suggest a tanto; short, easy to hide, and geared for piercing as much as slashing - a big plus in a fight. Additionally, although reach is lost there's a more severe drop in the minimum effective range, which makes it a lot harder for an attacker to exploit that highly-vulnerable area. The decreased reach is itself of benefit in many situations from the modern era - long weapons are a hinderance in enclosed spaces, and few things are as humiliating as going in for death-strike and getting your weapon stuck in a ceiling or wall.

A katana would be fine for things like camping trips or the like where somebody could actually carry it properly and use it with a full range of motion, but for day-to-day living it's better to carry a short blade that can hidden in a sheath tucked into the belt, or the small of the back, or in a boot, or up a sleeve, or in an armpit, or between the shoulder blades, or in a backpack, or bound to a thigh, or shin, or chest, or forearm, or upper arm, or etc... Add an obvious one that's strapped to your belt for people to take if they catch you by surprise, and you'd never be lacking for weaponry.

(Ah, the joys of overkill...)
ImageImageImage
MKRP Wiki.
Inventory:
A cookie wrapped in shiny plastic, a dead fish, a six-pack of unlabeled soda, a squirrel teddy, a TF gun, a demonic duck plushy, A cloak of Creepiness +12, a Harem Bottle, a backpack of holding full of stuff, and a Catgirl named Lyna.
Krid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Scribble_the_Scribe on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:53 am

O.o You know lots mista Krid.
I theorize the Steve Irwin will be like Elvis, in that theories will crop that he is not in truth dead, then many impersonators shall appear in Las Vegas. Unlike Elvis, these impersonator shall be wholly more interesting, what with fighting crocs and all.
Scribble_the_Scribe
Keenspot Despot

Postby Django on Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:30 pm

For the Megaman (Rockman.Exe) RP

Controller Data
Name: Taikanyo (Taki) Kishamoto
Height: 5' 6"
Appearance: Tall, darkish hair, blue, icy eyes. Smiles only occasionally. Dislikes show-offs.

Personality: A loner, no one has approached him lately. He is mistrustful of people because he was bullied when he was young. His best friend is his Navi. Only trusts girls, who used to talk to him when he was alone. Something of a computer genius.

Misc: Built his PET by hand, and programmed his Navi from scratch.

PET: Silver and black, wearable on the wrist. Uses infrared scanners to locate and jack into computers.

Navi Data
Name: Hokage3.EXE
Alias: Raziel (translation: secret)
Level: 10
Skills: High jump ability. Can become invisible when logged onto the Net. Begins battles with the Ghost.exe Virus Chip.
Element: Fire/Shadow
BattleChips: Favors ranged weapons and the widesword chip.
Appearance: Cloaked in shadows, he wears a tattered red scarf. His eyes are green, and he has a shuriken as his emblem.
Personality: Mysterious, he resembles his owner in how he acts.
Everyone in the world has a purpose. When you find yours depends on who you want to become.
-Craig(me)

The closer you are to light, the greater your shadow becomes...but do not be afraid, for you have the greatest weapon of all. A pure heart.

I am the one, the only, the Broken Angel...

I am lost, trapped in the darkness. Searching for the one like me, an angel, to save me from the dark in my soul....
Django
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Somewhere in between Heaven and Hel, watching, waiting, searching for something, someone. Taiyoh.

Postby KylenPhylar on Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:00 pm

okay. This is a Just So You Know (JSYK) session:

Yes I know that he is technically quarter, but most the time looks half. 2, he just got in from the Fedual Era, so he needs time to put the katana away and get something a bit more concelable and legal. third, I didn't know, so i will fix that asap.
ImageImage

KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Krid on Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:21 pm

KylenPhylar wrote:Yes I know that he is technically quarter, but most the time looks half.

Yea, except species isn't listed by visability of traits - if you did, then InuYasha would be listed as mostly human, as he looks like a human with ears, claws, and a tail - he doesn't even have a snout, let alone a plethora of tentacles and slimy spines.

Alternatively, you could have said "Human/Demon hybrid", which is accurate for any ratio of human to demon.

KylenPhylar wrote:2, he just got in from the Fedual Era, so he needs time to put the katana away and get something a bit more concelable and legal.

I figured it would be something along those lines, which is why I suggested weapons which would be more easily available in feudal Japan than in the modern era - and of far superior craftsmanship to boot, as you would be able to get a koto instead of shoddy gunto crap.
ImageImageImage
MKRP Wiki.
Inventory:
Krid
Keenspot Despot

Postby KylenPhylar on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:19 pm

Sorry. I just love the katana. I might want to mention now taht I am a lazy sumofab, so it might take some time to fix stuff.
ImageImage

KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Krid on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:40 pm

KylenPhylar wrote:Sorry. I just love the katana. I might want to mention now taht I am a lazy sumofab, so it might take some time to fix stuff.

Oh, Katanas are great weapons, but they aren't the kind of thing you just carry around with you. :wink:

Also, there's some irony here - posting about being lazy took as much energy as it would to have made changes. ^_^
ImageImageImage
MKRP Wiki.
Inventory:
Krid
Keenspot Despot

Postby KylenPhylar on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:59 pm

I know. I jsut love contradicting myself. Oh! Shamless ad time!

I just set up a D&D thread! Check it out!

Visit http://www.h2g2.com for more randomness! Join the Thingites!! Become a soldier of the Evil Army! Become a God! Do what-frigging-ever!!
ImageImage

KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Grim Atescu on Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:49 pm

War Bios:

Name: Lauren Nellie Patrickson
Called: Nellie
Race: Grimic Anthrofeline (i.e., anthrofeline that can naturally mate with other humans and humanoid anthros.)
Fur Color: Calico
Height: 5'8"
Other Appearance: Lauren has green eyes, smaller ears than some, and a 5'2" tail.
Personality: Lauren exhibits a bright personality normally. She always carries around a picture of her brother, Daniel, and his wife, Cecile. She also looks at herself in a positive light, actually preferring to be anthrofeline to human.
Clothing: Lauren will usually wear modest clothing, even when not in uniform.
History: Lauren Nellie Patrickson was born in Hell, Michigan. When she was six, her parents moved to Cannes, taking the family (Daniel, age 9, and Laurie, age 6) with them. While in Cannes, she made friends with the neighbor children, Jerome and Geraldine. Her parents weren't too thrilled, but they managed to keep it hidden for a good while. When Laurie found out, she asked why. Her parents replied, "Well, sweetie, your Grandparents were kicked out of Texas by some nasty catpeople, and we'd rather you not associate with them." Nellie responded, "But Jerome and Geraldine wouldn't do that." They then began arguing... Nellie was twelve. For six years, relations with her parents continued to sour. They got even worse when Daniel left home for college. At eighteen, the youngest legal age to enter the army, Laurie left behind her old name and joined the Nursing Corps alongside a young British woman named Tess. The two became fast friends. Four years ago, Nellie decided to zap herself with the Transformational Ray that Emperor Rictor had developed, turning into an Anthrofeline and angering most of her family even more. Only Daniel understood. He continued to write to Nellie, telling her about his wedding (Nellie had been kicked out of the church by her own father) and his life. Until his death in a construction accident, he would write to her weekly.
Last edited by Grim Atescu on Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby FerretBob on Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:26 pm

Name: Bobbie Grikmeer
Duplicate of: Rob Grikmeer
True Age: four/five days
Appearance: Long scruffy dark hair, narrow face with rather sunken deep-brown puppy-dog eyes. She usually wears jeans and a band t-shirt of some description. Stands about 6 feet tall and is rather skinny. Has a wide mouth usually with a blank expression that makes her seem depressed but when she smiles
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams"

"Some people never go crazy... What truly boring lives they must lead" - Blackie Lawless
FerretBob
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Berk on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:44 am

Blood of Devils RP

Name: Cian Cetch
Race: Human
Description: Human with naturally dark blue hair and a mechanical arm. The arm however is smooth and plated, ie: no exposed wiring, cables or hinges. His hair is short and spiked, he wears a pair of dark green pants with a number of pockets that can hold more than they should be able to, a plain black shirt and a short cape, which he keeps draped over his arm as much as possible.

Abilities/Weapons: Cian has a degree of psychic abilities, including telekinesis, limited telepathy and a psychic sheild. His arm also contains a few small tools and is extremely strong, yet no heavier than an ordinary limb. His technical knowledge, while average when he comes from is rather advanced in the present day.

History: Cian comes from a world far more advanced than the one he is now in. From a time where not only technology has advanced, but humans themselves as well. Cian was a theif, and a good enough one to not get caught and keep enough money to keep himself going. On one trek to 'aquire' some goods, he encountered one of the reality rips. These had been heard of and to a degree, documented by the scientific groups. Unfortunatly, this one opened right under him as he lowered himself down through the roof. Now that he's here however, Cian can see what his futuristic tech knowledge could be very profitable in this era.
Berk: Logically breaking the laws of logic.
Epic Bunny: 11910 Bunnypoints

Cool Ellen quotes:
Is that all you noticed while in my shirt?
Yo Piggy! Get away from my brother 'fore I make you squeal!
Ah Yes, The Wonder Twins... They do complicate matters don't they?
That crazed look could have meant any number of things!
I feel significantly less menacing.
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
I'm supposed to know how magic works?
I thought I was ready for man-on-Ellen loving.
Mom told me to wake you. She was unspecific as to how.
Excuse me, I need to find something heavy and blunt to kill you with.
You can make marbles even more shiny?
Well, that, or "Mind your own business, jackass!"
Magnet!
Dammit, she can thumb-type every word, but she can't bust out the emoticons?
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby EndlessStupidity on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:52 pm

For the Blood of the Devils RP

Name: Nova
Race: Fire Elemental
Appearance: In human form, 5' 6", just past shoulder length bright red hair, wears jeans and a black tank top. She has two rings, one on each hand, and a black wrist band. In elemental form, she is a vaguely human-shaped being of fire.
Abilities: While in human form, Nova is much stronger than she looks, but not incredible strength. Above average for a teenage girl, certainly. She can also produce fire from any point on her body. She is very nimble and acrobatic. In elemental form, Nova is a force of nature- literally. She has all the obvious powers of having the body of an inferno, and nothing more.

Background: Nova was a fire elemental in a high fantasy world, until she was summoned into the mortal plane. Introduced to the life of normal people, Nova was intoxicated. She wished she could be one of them, but in her current state, she couldn't. She lived her days as the minion of the wizard wistfully, until the summoning and binding spells wore off. As a gift to her and her long years of service, the wizard prepared and cast a great polymorph spell, which gave her a mortal form. She was eternally greatful to the wizard, and vowed to return to help him should he ever come in great need.

One hundred years later, Nova was living the high life in another dimension, after having inadvertantly walked through a natural portal. She hadn't had to deal with the harsh life she once knew for nearly forty years, and had almost forgot about her promise to the wizard. Then one day, she recieved a message from him. The message told about a city torn apart and under siege by unknown forces, and he asked her to help. Though hesitant to leave her new life, Nova accepted, and a teleportation rune in the letter activated, hurling her through the aether into the city.
Release the super-fast stealthy mechanical pigs that can smell fear!
I'm in the Munchkin Game!
Currently:
Level 3 Dwarf/Orc Half-Breed Warrior (Wizard)
Items: Casting Couch (Big, I count as a wizard, -1 to run away)
Pointy Hat of Power +3 (Headgear)
Cute Shoulder Dragon +4 (+2 for males)
Singing and Dancing Sword +2
Slug Thrower +5 (Orc only, 2h)
Cards: 2 Doors, 3 Treasures
Fighting Level: 17
EndlessStupidity
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:10 pm

Name: Psycrone

Appearence: White spiked hair, purple eyes, pale skin, greenish-brownish iguana tail.

Abilities: Psycrone is a being of incalculable power. As he draws his power every mind, he is trully powerful. Unfortunatley, nearly half of that power work against, tries to destroy him, so he spend a good part of that power he does control keeping himself together. This leaves only a very small fraction of his power to use. If he over does it, some of that chaotic evil energy will begin to tear at him.

Mad Attack; This incorporates his own energy into his very being, allowing him to be stronger and faster. This only begins to befuddle his mind, drawing him into a berserk rage. This will usually make him purple

Freaky Flames; Drawing pyro into his hands, this seems to be a generic DBZ energy ball but on fire. Usually it is about the size of a baseball, but packs the punch of a grenade. The fire is purple instead of red, orange, and yellow.

Insanity Zap; Seething electricity from his hand in a nearly continuous stream. This has sligh homing abilities, allowing for it to move slightly off course to hit a target. Like all of his other abilities, the electricity is purple.

Crazy Eyes; Purple laser eyes. Need I say more?

Asylum Walls; This call up an energy bubble of translucent purple.

Primal Release; An area attack. Psycrone unleashes in all direction destructive purple energy.

Shrink; Healing power.

Personality; Sweet, kind, courageous, dull witted, your stereotypical archmale type from anime.

History; Psycrone is the son of the demon Jaheel, and the angel Michelle. Brought to Earth to hide him and his twin sister from their father, their mother put them in the care of two mortals. At the age of 5, Jaheel found them, and slaughtered his adoptive parents, took his sister, and tried to kill him. Psycrone fled, and found himself in Myth City.

Due to the quantum anomalies, Psycrone has been sent by Mr. Mad to investigate and fix it if possible.
Last edited by Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem