Character Bios[Create a New life here.]

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Postby NuclearAlchemist on Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:03 am

Bio for Thomas and Gabrielle for Moperville RP

Name: Gabrielle
Appearance: Looking like a younger version of herself due to the regenerative properties of fire elementalists, she looks like Damien. She has white hair, and the glowing red tattoos. She usually wears a flame-retardant suit similar to the one Thomas wears. However, it does not deflect magic, merely diminishes it. The suit is tailored to her, and has glowing patches above where the tattoos are on her body.

Background: Damien's older 'sister,' she was the first fire elementalist that the company created under the guise of Project Amber. However, due to being the prototype, she did not have nearly the amount of energy that Damien did, and only has mild regenerative properties. To make up for this, she has trained in various martial arts since she was born, limiting her own powers, and then learning to use her own powers in a battle. Assigned to the hunter units, she has spent the last 10 years searching for Uyriel, with orders to bring her back to the company........by any means necessary. The subject of Damien is a sensitive one, as she believe he betrayed her and all the rest of the company when he fled lab 5, and went to free the chimerates. Mentioning her younger brother, Lucius, will spur her into a killing rage, as he is the one who helped Uyriel escape in the first place.

Abilities: She has learned to use her fire magic with finesse, rather than brute strength as Damien had. She is very accomplished in numerous martial arts, including both those of Chinese and Japanese origin, along with various streetfighting skills. Usually with her fire magic, she creates flame whips from her forearms.

Dr. Thomas Clarke
Appearance: Looks like a normal human in his mid 20s. Has brown hair, brown eyes, and basically looks nondescript in every single way. He also wears rectangular glasses. He wears a specially designed suit for his purposes. It is skintight, with what looks to be 'muscle groups' on the outside, and armor plating. All of the plating is designed so that he still has the full range of movement. Its a dark black color.

Background: Thomas has worked for the company for as long as he has been alive. Using genetic recombination, he has regressed his body's aging to a twenty year old frame. He worked under Yuki on Projects Amber, and then the secret Project Legacy. When Uyriel escaped, he was transferred to a project working on cybernetic suits. The suit he uses is his own personal prototype from this area.

Abilities: Not being a fighter by nature, he has never taken any martial arts, or things like that. However, his suit itself has numerous unique abilities. The first of these is what the suit was designed for; to massively disrupt magical energies withing proximity to the suit. On the fly, the suit observes the environment, and makes adjustments to its own energy output to counteract anything magical in the area near it. This effect ranges about 3m, increasing in intentisy as one gets closer to the origin. He can also fire a localized disruption beam, effective to about 50m. Any magical or powerful being feels the effects of this field or beam much more than a normal human. Usually, it has the effect of causing severe pain, and also disrupting their ability to think. For very magical beings, getting hit or close proximity can be lethal. The suit also has a force sheild component, capable of exerting a force on anything withing about half a meter. This is used to avoid being crushed, or to deflect bullets. Finally, he has a localized teleportation effect, that can be used to recall the suit and its wearer to a central location for easy retreat.
"I am allowed to be a hypocrite, you are not!"

"Remember that whatever misfortune may be your lot, it could only be worse in Milwaukee"

"But Brain, where are we going to find rubber pants our size?"

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

I am a virus! To propagate me copy this into your signatures. - N
NuclearAlchemist
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cameo on Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:46 pm

Made a few updates to Zinnia's bio.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Umiyama on Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:52 pm

My bio (will be updated as needed to conserve space. Let me know if you have any questions or if I've missed something)

Name: Umiyama
Age: About 50, but that's counting from the island (history later). Certainly doesn't feel 50! Most people can't tell unless I smile really big.
Height: Somewhere between 150-160 cm. Everyone gets it different. I think they ought to get their tape measures checked once a year.
Weight: I guess I look somewhere between 7 and 8 stone, wouldn't you say?
Hair: straight, dark brown, but it goes blondish in the sun. Usually in a braid unless I've cut it short.
Eyes: bluish
Skintone: Somebody told me that I look like a cross-section of Greenland's population. I'll let you figure that one out.

Attire:
-Faded-navy blue quasi-mililtary outfit, made of rough padded silk. A hip-length jacket with a mandarin collar. 4-point star embroidered on the front left side. Cuffs and bottom hem are light blue, about 3" wide.
-Straight-leg pants with similar cuffs.
-Off-white helmet with headphones & antennae. Three stripes (purple, green, purple) go down the middle of the helmet and 4 stars on either side following the stripes. Yes, it's a radio, but it does other things too. I have horns that attach over the headphones to protect them during battle.
-Comfortable shoes, black backpack, long curved-handle umbrella, other objects (to be posted later as needed).

Personality:
Reserved, but friendly, and a bit odd. History (later) may explain more.

Abilities:
-I'm impervious to magic. When I was in another dimension a magus rendered me so in order to defeat an enemy of his king's people. Unfortunately the magic he performed had no det- erm, no counter-spell, so no magic, no energy fields, no Ki, Chi, Qi or whatnot, whether helpful or hindering, has any effect on me, nor can be effected by me. I'm still vulnerable to bomb-blasts and kinetic energy, but if you read on you'll find out how I deal with that.
-I can sense when someone needs help, but not all the time. I have this compulsion to help people, so in a sense I go where I'm needed. I also know when dawn is about to come. Feels nice, like an oven coming on.
-I can jump higher than the average person. Higher even, than the above-average person (reason for helmet). I can use this "power" to cross long distances by... erm, "bounding" I guess is the best way to put it. I'm almost able to achieve sustained flight due to the fact that...
-...I can absorb kinetic energy. This is essentially what allows me to jump, bound and glide for a short time (took a long time to develop stamina for that). I discovered I could absorb, store & expend K.E. when I jumped off a cliff to save someone and decided mid-fall that I did not want to be smashed into a pulp. Instead of hitting the ground at full force, I can absorb the momentum or kinetic energy and just "land". I can't hold the energy for long, however, and need to expend it.
I have to warm up in order to cross long distances at high speed. You know, like a car accelerates.
Oh, and yes, I can absorb external kinetic energies, but only if I know they're coming. I hate minefields, by consequence.
- I've been told that I sneak up on people because I don't make much noise when I walk. This is entirely unintentional, I assure you.
-Some martial arts capability, never full training, just different moves picked up here and there.
-I have a defense mechanism. I can turn into a metallic egg about the size of a backpack. Properties of said egg are:
--It is inert
--It has a dull metallic-looking surface
--On a flat surface it always rights itself so the small end is pointing up
--It is Extremely heavy. No one I have met has been able to lift it. Nearly wrecked a backhoe once trying.
--It has withstood bullets (so far, though one did get lodged in it)
--It seems to be impervious (so far - including being eaten by a large reptile with a highly corrosive digestive system, and mental probing)
Last edited by Umiyama on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Umiyama
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Buried under a pile of clutter that does not belong to me and trying to get out.

Postby sven8705 on Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:41 pm

Added a couple things to Kyle's profile
I introduced myself on page 42 of the newbie intro thread. Truly this means I am the answer.
sven8705
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:58 pm

btw Umiyama...you don't need to conserve space here....I don't care how long it is, as long as you're satisfied with the bio....^ ^;;
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:40 pm

Well, in case I decide to join in the other RPs, I'll put my persona in here.

Name: J. Rebholz (my friends call me Jim, James, occasionally Jimbo)
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 240lbs
Build: Average
Skin: Caucasian, ancestry unknown (no, seriously, I was adopted, I have no idea)
Hair: Dark brown, short, in a somewhat conservative style.
Eyes: Blue, with rather thick glasses
Clothing: Black jeans, black sneakers and a T-shirt. (in non-serious venues the T-shirt has random witticisms on it, which change at any time)

Personality: Generally amiable, but easily angered. Has an unhealthy obsession with explosives, computers and musclecars. Not an experienced hand to hand or melee-combat fighter, prefers to keep his distance and avoid violent confrontations despite his temper.
Can speak squirrel (don't ask why) though occasionally he screws up the dialect, which can lead to embarassing situations.

Armaments: Aside from a transformation gun given by the forum folk, is totally unarmed. (Tough to get explosives without a permit, you know.)

Other Equipment: Drives a 1989 Chevrolet Camaro, blue/white stripes, T-tops, 350 V8, automatic transmission. (if RP setting predates 1989 he won't have the car). Vehicle is equipped with various non-stock features, including armored, puncture-proof tires, a lowered (1 1/2") suspension, larger diameter sway bars, Corvette independent rear suspension, front and rear strut tower braces, subframe reinforcements, tinted windows, cat-back exhaust system, Hooker headers, GPS navigation system, radar /lidar/laser jammers, forged steel crank/rods/pistons, ported and polished cylinder heads, larger-diameter throttle body and high-flow intake manifold, high-velocity water pump, 180-degree failsafe thermostat, front-mounted grappling hook under front airdam, underbody air deflector, modified STS rear-mount turbocharger system operating at 8lbs of pressure to keep noise down (turbo is mounted in place of muffler..actually no louder than stock exhaust, and keeps underhood temps down without need for an air/air intercooler), Optima yellow-top battery (mounted in rear cargo area), 17x8" Wheel Vintiques Rallye-style derpcounterfeits aluminum alloy wheels. The car was built mostly from repaired scrap, and some military surplus parts.

Also has a contact in the United States Army which gains him access to pretty much any piece of the US Army's arsenal he wants short of an armored personnel carrier. .50-caliber rifles, M16s and other Class III weapons are easily obtained for him, as are several varieties of high explosives, smoke bombs and tear gas. Also has another contact who owns a nearby salvage yard, where he works repairing driveable cars, and gutting the ones that aren't. Is close friends with Kari McIntyre (my other character) and also works as her personal mechanic.

Unique traits: Above-average intelligence. Highly skilled mechanic--if it can be fixed, he can likely fix it. (And if it can be disassembled, he can wreck it). Also very skilled with microelectronics, computer hardware and software, and would like very much to dabble in nanotech (if he could get the money). Has a gift with the English language. Can imitate voices very well if they are close to the same vocal range (higher than baritone, lower than tenor) Could pass off an out-range voice over the phone, but not in person. His native Pittsburgh accent is normally very light, but it gets thicker the angrier he gets. In below-average physical shape. Has a mild heart condition which prevents him from exerting himself too hard for extended periods (more than a couple minutes at a time) Also has poor eyesight (the glasses he wears are necessary for him to see. He can function without them, but cannot read or drive) Also has blind spot in right peripheral vision. Has better-than-average hearing (WHAT?!) Is very empathetic to others' feelings, and can be affected by them. IOW, if people around him aren't feeling well, he'll also begin to not feel well. If the people around him are happy, he'll feel happy too, so he usually tries to please those around him. Tends to wear his heart on his sleeve, and can get somewhat emotional. Is terrible with kids. Doesn't mind them, as long as they belong to someone else and eventually go home. Doesnt' have much patience with people, especially people who don't understand what he's trying to say. This wouldn't be so bad if he was better at explaining things. Is terrible with maps and schematics, and is easily disoriented. Due to his poor vision, he has learned to rely on his other senses to help him navigate and perform various tasks.

(If this is not thorough enough, please let me know via PM and I will add any requested information. Thank you for your support, please tip your waitress)

EDIT: Added some "additional equipment", and edited a few things to clear up some wording)
Last edited by jwrebholz on Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cameo on Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:32 pm

*revives the thread*
I continue to be female!
How devious.
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Scotty on Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:08 am

Although I don't suspect they'll be making too many appearances in the Store, here's some info on the men in the unmarked van (assuming you can see it).

Name: Karl Jenkins
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 261 lbs

Karl is a veteran agent of the Ministry, having served in their secret ranks for over 20 years. Originally recruited for his natural ability to cast effective wards (a talent he's honed to great effect over the years), he is selected primarily for surveillance or covert operations where going undetected is of the utmost importance. He's seen the Ministry change from a single research facility to a sprawling bureaucracy, to its current status as an underfunded (in their opinion) agency that does a lot with limited resources.

He's seen and experienced almost every type of magic most people could think of, and has an uncanny knack for knowing what to do in any situation. Well-versed in Ministry protocol and procedures, he's always available to answer questions on the finer points of an operation.

Karl wears standard-issue Ministry field glasses, which allow him to see magical constructions and spells being cast, as well as displaying information gleaned from magical detection systems.

Name: John Fenrickson
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 200 lbs.

John is a new recruit in the Ministry's field operations unit, and is still learning the ropes. Still not completely convinced of the power of magic, he remains skeptical of most things, sometimes to the detriment of his unit. He's learning to keep his disbelief suspended, which is the first step to being a good magic agent.

Genuinely curious about the organization he's now a part of (especially on the point of how he got recruited with almost no magical abilities), he's an eager learner and is always prepared to do what needs to be done. Unless he can't make himself believe in it.

John wears standard-issue Ministry field glasses, which are the same as Karl's. He's still learning how to interpret all the information they give him.
There is no method to my madness. Neither is there madness to my method. I prefer to keep work and pleasure separate.
If you play Guild Wars, feel free to add Scott the Green to your friends list.
Scotty
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cameo on Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:10 pm

More updates to the bio; I figured it would make more sense if she had quasi-amnesia, given the way she acts. (Actually, I'd intended for that to be the case all along, I just had to work out the details of it.)
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cameo on Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:01 pm

Excuse the double post, but I had to do this. *takes out a wand and makes some sort of strange gesture over the thread* There we go.
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:37 am

Second character (if I join a more serious or action-oriented RP, this is who I'll probably use)

Name: Kari McIntyre (first name pronounced like Carrie)
Ancestry: Scottish/Irish
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 165 lbs
Measurements: 38B-26-36
Hair: Black, straight and very long, down to her knees.
Eyes: Green
Build: Athletic
Intelligence: Very High

Other Physical traits: Somewhat pale skin. She looks like an Amazon--very tall, well-toned (but not a bodybuilder). Her heart and lungs are about 1/4 larger than normal, giving her greater physical endurance. After extreme exertion, her heartbeat can be temporarily audible to someone nearby with sensitive hearing--at least, until she calms down a little. Used to require glasses to read, but had LASIK surgery done about a year ago and no longer needs them.

Skills: Various martial-arts skills, a mixture of tae-kwon-do, karate, judo and jeet-kun-do. Also skilled with a bo staff, but has little experience with other weapons. Average firearms skill, but does not normally carry a gun. Can run a low 4-minute mile. She can also, through careful meditation, communicate via the astral plane (ie telepathy), but this takes extreme effort on her part, and even a short message can leave her exhausted. When meditating she has a tendency to float about six inches off the ground. This is the only time she is capable of levitation. She is also easily distracted, meaning she needs absolute quiet when meditating.

Equipment: Wears a maroon T-shirt, men's jeans (only because nothing in the women's section fits), black leather belt and sneakers. Occasionally has her hair tied in a very long ponytail. Carries her staff in "malletspace" much like the ladies of EGS, because it is as long as she is tall and therefore is a royal pain to always have to carry around. She abhors firearms and will not carry one. The only exceptions are stun guns and tazers. Currently drives a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona, in Top Banana (Yes, that's a real factory color) with a flat black hood and black bumblebee stripe around the rear deck.

History: Born in Cleveland, Ohio, raised in Beaver Falls, PA. (Yes, there really IS a place called that. Stop with the lewd jokes) Due to her extreme intellect, she spent much of her childhood in advanced courses in school. She finished high school at the age of 12 and went on to med school, finishing her internship at age 23. Her mother died when she was about 14, of complications from lung cancer. This struck her hard, and was the main motivation for her pursuing a career in medicine (up to that point she had been studying chemistry). Her father died about two years later, from a massive, cholesterol-induced heart attack. To this day she hasn't forgiven herself for not being able to save her father's life, though by all accounts she did everything she knew to try. Her parents were relatively wealthy, and left her their considerable fortune. She has invested it wisely, and though she doesn't NEED to work, she continues her trade so she can help others. She currently has her own office, specializing in cardiology. She is also studying massage therapy on the side, because it interests her. Jim (my other character) is a close personal friend, though there is no real romantic interest between the two. They view each other more as brother/sister than potential lovers. Jim is her personal mechanic and computer expert. Kari is his physician and attempts to also be his personal trainer.

Personality: Her intellect has left her at a bit of a disadvantage socially, as in school she didn't get much of a chance to befriend anyone or socialize much. She feels awkward in most social situations, and can appear somewhat cold and distant. Those who get to know her, however, discover a warm-hearted, caring and generous person, willing to do whatever it takes to help someone who needs it. She's a bit of a tomboy, rarely wearing skirts or dresses. She has a thing for American football, and during the season can get a bit obsessive, and mildly irritable if her favorite team (the Pittsburgh Steelers) isn't doing well. She would LIKE season tickets to the game, but the waiting list is currently about 25 years long, so she isn't holding out much hope. She also has an attraction to all things cute and furry, and has an enormous collection of stuffed animals of all kinds. The bedroom in her modest home looks like a stuffed-animal store blew up--they're EVERYWHERE. The easiest way to get on her good side is to give her a plushie, the softer and fuzzier, the better. She also likes things that make her think, and so her home is also filled with various puzzle books and "intellectual" toys--Legos, Erector sets, Magnetix(these http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/13588391/104-2727187-8165522), and other similar things. Of course she also enjoys a little mindless fun now and then, and also has a Playstation, XBox and Gamecube. When she's not exercising her mind, expect her to be exercising her trigger finger in Halo 2 or Ghost Recon. Despite her intellect, she is not very good with computers, hardware or software-wise. She can use a word processor and type decently enough (around 80 wpm) but doesn't like using them.

Additional notes: Would probably extremely enjoy being transformed into a cute furry animal for a little while, as long as she got to pick what kind.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby Berk on Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:06 pm

Bump, also, should I just sticky this? It is kinda important to this forum.
Berk: Logically breaking the laws of logic.
Epic Bunny: 11910 Bunnypoints

Cool Ellen quotes:
Is that all you noticed while in my shirt?
Yo Piggy! Get away from my brother 'fore I make you squeal!
Ah Yes, The Wonder Twins... They do complicate matters don't they?
That crazed look could have meant any number of things!
I feel significantly less menacing.
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
I'm supposed to know how magic works?
I thought I was ready for man-on-Ellen loving.
Mom told me to wake you. She was unspecific as to how.
Excuse me, I need to find something heavy and blunt to kill you with.
You can make marbles even more shiny?
Well, that, or "Mind your own business, jackass!"
Magnet!
Dammit, she can thumb-type every word, but she can't bust out the emoticons?
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby BobSagat on Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:02 am

I'll just pretend I didn't really read that.

Now for the most... unknown character, yet reasonably reasonable... He/she!!

Name: He has no name, but he likes to call himself God or Satan. Depends on his mood.
Gender: Unknown, but he likes to reference himself as a man.
Alignment: He says he's a God/Satan/Hero but either way, he's a psycho.
Appearence: Unknown but he usually appears as a completely blacked out figure
History: Unknown, but he says if you really want to know what he's like, read the Bible.
Powers: Illusions. His powers are all illusions, his illusions are nearly limitless, he can create illusions for hours, or he can create them for a few seconds and make it seem like hours. He make an illusion that would effect everyone within a mile, his illusions can seem as grand and as tall as the Empire State building. His illusions effect is a mile long radius with his as the center. And he can make it seem like the edge of his illusion seem to stretch out forever and ever. His illusions effect all of the human senses, and several more actually...
Motivation: Unknown, but he says divine punishment.
Felonies: Unknown, but murder, theft, armed robbery, blackmailing, genocide, grand theft auto, rape, exploitation, bribery, and more are all suspected.
BobSagat
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby sven8705 on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:07 am

Yeah, it might be a good idea to sticky. It is a constant reference.
I introduced myself on page 42 of the newbie intro thread. Truly this means I am the answer.
sven8705
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:07 pm

I third the motion to sticky, even though I didn't intend it to wind up this way...^ ^ wow, so many people post bios here. I gotta start one on another Forum and see how that goes....^ ^;;
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby NuclearAlchemist on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:47 pm

I quad motion the sticky, because, well, its important!
"I am allowed to be a hypocrite, you are not!"

"Remember that whatever misfortune may be your lot, it could only be worse in Milwaukee"

"But Brain, where are we going to find rubber pants our size?"

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

I am a virus! To propagate me copy this into your signatures. - N
NuclearAlchemist
Keenspot Despot

Postby sven8705 on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:50 pm

psst... it's already stickied...pass it on.
sven8705
Keenspot Deity

Postby DMfromhell on Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:55 am

I think we should sticky the vacation thread too. wait, why am I posting that here?
" HAHAHAAAA! YOU ROLLED A 1 ON UR SAVING THROW! DIE, DIE, YOU ALL DIEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Copy and paste url so I can get more money and land!

http://www.gindis.com/modules.php?name= ... d=MTk0NzA0
DMfromhell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nightshadow on Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:22 am

I updated Nightshadow's Bio with some pics.
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby nightshadow on Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:25 am

This post is updating Nightshadow's past. Since it is still being unveiled, some of it will be left out.

Nightshadow was created by a greedy corporation in the market for assassins and weapons. By fusing and artificial fetus with some spells found on some ancient stone tablets, they brought into existence a being with complete control of the Dark Arts, and some of the Light too. He also had some astounding healing capabilities. It was code-named Nightshadow. [Note: the name "Nightshadow" was meant to mean that he would be identifiable as a shadow, even to the darkness of night.]

Problems began to arise with initial testing. Nightshadow refused to fight, saying he know what it would lead to. Undaunted, the scientists created a second subject very quickly by cloning the existing template: Nightshadow. The result was a being almost physical identical to Nightshadow. The only differences were that he wore a completely black cloak instead of a red and black coat, he had blue hair instead of black and red and he had purple eyes instead of red. The being was named Darkshadow.

Darkshadow was a disaster. Lacking any type of internal light or anything like that, he was always on the verge of collapsing into a spatial anomaly.
Without a soul, the dark energy naturally filled that vacuum. Soon after his creation he murdered all the scientist and escaped, Nightshadow followed suit.

Nightshadow recently learned that the corrparation that made him as a custom order. He was ordered by a man named Simon Molina. Shortly after learning this he was attacked and brainwashed by Simon.

??? [to be reveiled] ???
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Blankslate on Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:49 pm

Hello everyone! I've been giving some thought as to returning to the Moperville RP and wanted to let ya all know in advance.

Name: Blank
Height: 5'6" but can vary depending on her form
Weight: 114 lbs and can also vary
Hair: Light brown which she keeps in a pony tail that comes down to midback unless otherwise venused
Eyes: Hazel Blue
Appearance: Often wears simple bluejeans, T-shirts and sneakers, as such she often comes off looking like a tomboy, but on occasion wears skirts, tank tops and sandals. Her skintone is fairly light and she has no visible markings, tattoos or piercings

Blank as she's often called hails from carrot as is the case with some of the other characters such as Corra/n, Berk and a number of others. She has a fascination with transformation and always keeps a TF gun on her at all times and can often be found tinkering with new forms on her spare time. Blank has always been the peaceful type and has never even been in a real fight for that matter, although she does love a good horror movie or violent videogame. Her past before coming to carrot remains a mystery for the most part as her memory appears to have been wiped clean with little or no trace whatsoever. She doesn't seem mind that though as she generally comes off as a very cheerful person with an inclination towards harmless mischief often involving TF guns. Often considered a caring person by many, she'll always drop what she's doing to help someone if she thinks they could benefit from her presence. Her apparent lack of power may be considered a weakness as all she knows is some simple healing magic but she doesn't seem mind.

I'm sure there's a little more I'm neglecting to mention but for now that should suffice for a fairly decent summation. I'll most likely have more to add later if I feel the need is important or someone needs something explained.
"I WARNED you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little BUNNY, isn't it?"
-Tim the Enchanter

"All things make sense; you just have to fathom how they make sense."
-Piers Anthony

"It's not enough to know what notes to play, you've got to know why they need to be played."
-George Carlin

“If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart. Then in living - I have made my mark.”
- Thomas L. Odem, Jr.
Blankslate
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Somewhere in Oregon surrounded by trees and hippies

Postby Cameo on Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:41 pm

Creation RP: This is essentially Cameo, made ordinary for the sake of believability. Well, ordinary until she gains her powers, at least.

Name: Camryn Melanie Nellings
Height: 5'7
Build: Slim
Hair: Dark brown and short
Eyes: Brown
Skin tone: Medium-dark

Appearance: Camryn doesn't have a 'usual outfit,' so to speak, but she does tend to dress in a certain style for everyday life. When we first meet her, she's wearing a midnight-blue tank top (with 'Star' written across it in glitter), a white miniskirt, and sandals with low heels, along with numerous silver bracelets and hoop earrings.

Personality: Camryn Nellings is popular, fashion-conscious and pretty (modest, too). So, at first glance, she appears to be just another high school clone- but anyone assuming such would be extremely wrong.

There are two sides to her personality: the happy, outgoing side most people see, and the moody, sarcastic side, which comes out when she's alone, or with people she knows well (and in a bad mood).

Three sides is more like it, in fact: she's been reading- speed-reading, in fact- since she was two, and her intelligence (though she's never taken an IQ test) is at least up to the 'genius' level. However, she skillfully hides this part of her life from everyone else, even to the point of appearing to be a complete airhead- it helps that she daydreams a lot. The main exception to this is when she uses her massive vocabulary to ridicule people, which, thankfully, doesn't happen too often.

Camryn doesn't play any musical instruments (though she's never tried) and is hopeless at video games. She likes action and sci-fi movies, her favorites being The Matrix and X-Men.

She is also ambidextrous, but prefers her left hand for writing and her right hand for drawing (another of her hidden talents), and prides herself on her abilities to act, sing, and gross people out with graphic descriptions.

Family: Camryn has divorced parents, and twin siblings: a boy named Daniel and a girl named Brianna, both twelve years old. The three of them live with their dad, who is currently dating a woman named Alicia and is well-off financially.

She is driven absolutely nuts by the twins, but they pale in comparison to her resentment for Alicia Mackin. Actually, the same is true for all three of her father's girlfriends, Alicia included, since her parents split up... even though the divorce was four and a half years ago. She seems to hate the idea of her father dating again more than the date-ees themselves.

Abilities: (post-accident) Has control over electricity; can shoot electric blasts from her hands, of any voltage, colored either bright blue or white; can divert or completely cut off the power to anything electrical; can cause power surges. Must be reasonably close. If completely exhausted but unable to sleep and/or eat, will involuntarily draw electrical power from anything and everything nearby.

She also gains a white streak in her hair, down the right side of her head. One of her bangs also turns white, because it's right next to the streak.
Last edited by Cameo on Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:19 pm, edited 13 times in total.
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:42 pm

YAY! welcome back Blankslate!*gives Blank a huge hug* As a note, I have no requirements for putting up a bio, so long as you work on it occasionally. I like how everything has turned out so far, and if you need any sort of explanation about a character, please refer to this special sticky Bios thread. ^ ^

((funny, I was about to say that the Bios thread is like good ol' Webhead.^ ^))
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:24 pm

Normal character for the Creation RP

Name:Matthew "Nightshadow*" Cromwell
Pre-accident Appearance:
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown; down to the middle of the neck.
Post-accident Appearance:
Eyes: Red irises.
Hair: Black with red tips, the longest bang is red with a black tip; down to the middle of the neck.

*Matthew got the nickname "Nightshadow" because he love to sneak up on people*
Last edited by nightshadow on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Draven Aladar on Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:50 pm

Awright heres my character BIO for the Creation RP thingy. (and to quote fighter from 8-bit theatre (link at bottom... like fruit on the bottom yogurt! please stir the post before eating.), "When the Thing dances, is it called the Thingama-Jig?") *I'll admit this character is considerably like me, but as I have had little experience with RPs since i dont know anyone who does them, I'm going to go with what i know. Though i have had experience righting books/short stories, so there are some differences, which includes the family which is totally different.*

Name: Merddyn Aladar
Eyes: Gray
Hair: Silver/Brown down a few inches below his shoulders
Skin: pale white
Height: 5'8"
Weight: noneofyourbusiness
Standard outfit: green pants, green shirt, brown boots, green jacket during spring/summer up to 95 degrees Fahrenheit, or a silver cloak in the fall/winter.

Personality: Some of the time, exceptionally talkative to the point of annoying others, especially when feeling rather lonely. Most of the time, silent unless spoken to, and even then. Tends to read alot and use the computer even more often than read.

Family: a twin brother and a sister about a year younger. His parents died when he was around 3, but has not been liveing in an orphanage for about 8 years because of help from the government, and his parents' life insurance policies, which equaled around $500,000 as they both served in the military. (The Navy gives a $250,000 life insurance policy just for joining. According to the Navy itself, and my Dad, who served in the Navy.)

Eventual Powers/Abilities: Found a odd tome in an even odder language that explains how to cast magic on the table next to his bed in the hospital, along with one simple spell on the first page of the book in english; the rosetta stone if you will. As such he can cast magic if he takes the time to translate and learn the spell. However he is far better at enchantment than spellcasting. IE makeing a sword able to be sheathed in flame when the weilder wills it rather than sheatheing a sword in flame with a spell.

This okay?

http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=050721
Draven Aladar
CO of the USS Dauntless
NCC-71029
Author of the hopefully to be published
Plains of Despair... if i name it that. - hiatus
And the world of sarronyn series... still writeing that.
(Warning: is always invisible on IM programs unless asked to not be for MSN)
And my avatar is me in my musketeer outfit, and that is my normal reaction to cameras pointed at me.
Draven Aladar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem