Page 1 of 6

The Ruins

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:48 pm
by ChroniclerC
Disc thread
It was supposed to be just a scouting mission. Basic archeology. The ruins looked to have been abandoned for ages, so you didn't even bring heavy weapons. But as you made camp that night, it was clear that something was watching you. Everyone in the group could feel it. None of you quite remember how the attack begun or quite what it was. Those who fought, died. You're sure of it. You ran. By some fluke of fate, many of you ran the same direction. It didn't matter which direction, so long as it was away. Panic and instinct guided you. They were not good guides. You woke up to the sun shining down on you from the collapsed ceiling, luckily having escaped the fall with just a few scrapes and bruises. But there was no way you were leaving the way you came. And you needed to leave. Preferably before sundown, when it would come to find you...

Image

The group wakes up to the sun shining overhead through the hole they fell through. Save for a few scrapes and bruises (1 damage worth), they're okay. But the only way is forward.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:09 am
by Drayco
"Oww..."
Roan gets up, looking around.
"Is everyone alright?"

ACTION: Roan walks forward, heading for that door-sized indentation into the far wall. Upon getting there, he checks to see if it is a door, and if it's locked.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:20 am
by OzLionHeart
Mina stood up, rubbing various bruised parts of her anatomy. "Second the 'oww'. Yeah... I think so. Where are we?"

ACTION: Since Roan is examining the possible door in the far wall, Mina goes over to inspect what appears to be a ladder, to see if it will hold anyone's weight.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:40 pm
by Atashi-Cloud
"...I don't really want to get up, as it aches too much..." Lapis grumbles, though she slowly sits up anyways, looking around. "Anyone besides me get that feeling of 'always being watched' going down your back?"

Action: Survey the room without moving from her spot, looking for anything of use that isn't skulls or bones.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:30 pm
by Amon Star
*Craig will slowly get up while signing at any looking*

"I have a really bad feeling about this place."

Action: Examine the skull by the ladder going down.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:59 pm
by Sanchay
Foresnapps makes a gurgling sound and pops his shoulder back into place. No other harm is done. He quickly takes in the various reactions to falling into this room. Apprehension, curiosity, and of course, pain. They all affect his overall mood.

Action: test sturdiness of ladder

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:31 pm
by ChroniclerC
Image

Foresnaps and Mina both investigate the ladder. Yup, definitely a ladder. Seems safe enough.

Roan investigates the door. Yup, definitely a door. Seems open enough.

Lapis investigates... her bellybutton. If there were some kind of amazing machine below her, it might have a button attached to it that did something to the machine. But this is all wild conjecture, of course. Such a thing actually existing would be silly.

Craig reenacts his favorite play. Alas poor Yorrik, I knew etcetera, etcetera.

All in all, a very productive turn. Yup.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:04 pm
by OzLionHeart
Amon Star wrote:*Craig will slowly get up while signing at any looking*

"I have a really bad feeling about this place."

Mina caught the movement out of the corner of her eye, and she glanced over. It took her a moment to mentally translate what Craig had said. "Yeah, you and me both."

Looking back at Foresnapps, she asked him, "Do you want to go down the ladder, or should I do it?"

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:05 pm
by Atashi-Cloud
Lapis walks over to Mina and Foresnapps, giving a nod to them both, "Yeah, let's just say I'm going down now. This floor seems safe." She spies the machine with a button and shrugs at it before going up to 'punch' the button. By which she'll give it a light tap.

Action: go down ladder and tap the button to see if a gentle keystroke works on it.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:26 am
by Drayco
"Let's see if we are being watched..."

ACTION: Roan peeks the door open as quietly as he can, and looks into the next room.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:40 am
by ChroniclerC
Fair warning, there is no "peek". You're either in one room or the other. That said, I'm not going to ambush you upon entering a new room. Wheaton's Law and all.

Also, a clarification on the skull. Gameplay-wise, it is completely uninteresting save maybe as an object to be thrown or creative puzzle-solving. Archeologically speaking, it's difficult to date without tools. It is completely clean of flesh, but dirty with dust. It does seem to be in good shape, though. Older than a decade, younger than a century, maybe?

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:42 pm
by Amon Star
ChroniclerC wrote:Also, a clarification on the skull. Gameplay-wise, it is completely uninteresting save maybe as an object to be thrown or creative puzzle-solving. Archeologically speaking, it's difficult to date without tools. It is completely clean of flesh, but dirty with dust. It does seem to be in good shape, though. Older than a decade, younger than a century, maybe?

Hey, an improvised ranged weapon is better than nothing. Anywho...

ACTION: Follow Lapis down the stairs and examine the debris in front of the button. In particular, the thing that could be a knife.

P.S. Still carrying the skull unless I say otherwise.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:09 pm
by Sanchay
Foresnapps senses a sort of distant sarcasm coming from somewhere, but chooses to ignore it.

Action: Venture down the first ladder and ogle machine with the others

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:38 pm
by Drayco
Revised ACTION: Roan slips as quietly as possible into the next room, being as stealthy as possible. If he sees anything that might be a threat, he quickly ducks behind the first thing big enough to hide behind.
And by threat I mean anything that moves, or looks like it could soon move.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:00 am
by OzLionHeart
Mina decides that, while splitting the party is not a good idea, it seems like a worse idea to let individual members go off on their own.

Action: Follow Roan into the next room, cautiously looking around.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:01 pm
by ChroniclerC
Image

Lapis, Craig (after pocketing the skull), and Foresnaps head down to look at the machine, but the pile of bones objects to their poking around and gets up! And he's got a knife!

Image

Roan and Mina check out the next room. Do you hear something fluttering?

-SKULL: It's a skull. (Yay item descriptions!)

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:15 pm
by Amon Star
ACTION: Activate Stealth.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:33 pm
by Atashi-Cloud
"...okay, skeletons are not on my list of 'to deal with'. Especially if they have knives. Craig! Throw something at it!!" she yells, moving to the ladder behind them and deciding to go down it.

Action: go down ladder to next room.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:48 pm
by Sanchay
Force rolls his eyes and sighs. It always has to be some sort of animated undead thing.

Action: Do a drop kick toward the thing, hoping to dislodge either the knife or the skeleton's head

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:02 pm
by Drayco
"Ooh... cute little bats." Roan whispers quietly as he looks down the ladder-way.

And then sees the skeletons across the room.
"...those are..."
Which from the looks of it are looking right at him.
"...not cute little bats. Meep."

ACTION: Roan quietly and quickly hurries back into the previous room, tugging Mina along as he goes. Once in the other room with Mina in tow, he closes the door behind him!
If he can't tug Mina along, though (whether by virtue of Game Mechanics or Mina not going), he'll still wait for her to be safely back in the first room before shutting the door.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:38 am
by Sqauto
O.O.C.

Page edited, so there is nothing to note here.

Image

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:17 am
by OzLionHeart
Mina was not bothered by the bats, but the animated skeletons were another matter. She quickly decided that Roan had the right idea, and that it was probably a good time to check up on the others anyway...

Action: Follow Roan back to the other room.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:26 pm
by ChroniclerC
Image

Roan and Mina flee one room with animated skeletons back into another room with only one animated skeleton.

Craig activates "stealth mode"! Yes... surely no one can see him now. :shifty:

Foresnaps displays the only courage in the group and attempts to knock the skeleton's block off. And by "block", I mean "head". But he doesn't seem to do any appreciable damage. He'll probably need help to take this thing down. The skeleton, on the other hand, has the help of a knife, and shivs the alien for 1 damage

Image

Lapis flees one room with animated skeletons into a new room... with animated skeletons. :nervous:

Image

Elsewhere in the dungeon, Martin and Squata awaken. They had a rougher fall than the others, which is why they were out for longer. They're not any worse for wear than the others, though. (4/5 HP)

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:14 pm
by Drayco
Roan gets overt to the ladder, and sees the animated bone thing attacking one of his friends! He crawls down the ladder, and tries to summon something in his hand to throw... but winces as his headache keeps him from focusing.
"Ngh... lizard-man, duck!"

ACTION: Lacking anything more effective to throw, Roan creates a soft snowball and tosses it at the skeleton's head, hoping to blind it. If blinding it is even possible, however the heck the thing sees...

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:50 pm
by Atashi-Cloud
Lapis hears the commotion above, and the fact she can tell there are more things below her from the movement, she's not sticking around. Up the ladder she goes~! Seeing Force in direct battle she decides to join in by tackling the skeleton!

Move: Goes back up the ladder, hoping that maybe she can avoid direct confrontation.
Action: body-tackles/checks the skeleton at running speed.