Page 4 of 6

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:12 pm
by Atashi-Cloud
"Well...don't have much else to do I guess." Lapis goes down the ladder and then down the next ladder, figuring someone has to take a look in the room below.

Move: Go down to meet with Craig and Force,
Action: Then continue moving to go down the ladder into the next room.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:27 pm
by Sanchay
Foresnapps nudges his intentions toward Craig, as well as the others above him. He intends to assault the other knife-skelly, but they all need to be in this together, as its friend more than likely isn't going to take very kindly to their flogging, and join in, giving them two adversaries to entangle.

((Um... I think I'll wait this turn out, since I'm still low on health, in order to wait for the others to gather))

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:34 pm
by OzLionHeart
Mina follows Lapis down the ladder, and looks at the two skeletons. "So, what's the plan..."

She gave Lapis an irritated look as she headed down the next ladder. "You know, I could have sworn I said something just a second ago about it being a bad idea to split up..."

Action: Climb down the ladder and join the others.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:17 pm
by Sqauto
O.O.C. Ok Keen, good to see that the spambots finally started to take over and not that much gets done to them anymore.

After talking to Martin, she stands back to watch him climb the ladder, which she feels is neither that stable and likely a trap.

ACTION! Watch a fool, get ready to react.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:26 pm
by ChroniclerC
Image

Roan rages and chucks a skull at the skeletons. Bonk. It doesn't seem to do much.

Foresnapps, Craig, and Mina discuss what to do next. The last bat gnaws on Craig, but can't get past his Def. Tickles, really.

Lapis decides to see what's downstairs.

Image

Martin heads up the ladder (looks safe) while Squata watches, but he runs into someone.
"Oh, it's you!"
"Oh, it's you!"

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:51 am
by Amon Star
*Also give Lapis an irritated look*

<"If we going to survive this, we'll have to work together. Mina, please tell Lapis and Roan to join us so we can attack those skeletons. I think you should lead the attack this time, so we'll back you up. Ow, and can someone help me get rid of this last bat!">*

ACTION: Fight the last bat while waiting for the party to form.

*Translated from sign language.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:06 am
by OzLionHeart
"Okay by me." Mina called up to Roan, "Roan, can you come down here with us, please? We're going to attack the skeletons together."

She then looked down the ladder that Lapis had climbed down. Her ears twitched as she picked up the sound of another voice. "Lapis, we've got two skeletons up here to deal with. Can you and whoever you just found come up here, please?"

Action: After calling everyone together, Mina extends her claws, and swats the last bat out of the air.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:29 am
by Atashi-Cloud
Lapis grins lightly at having found two more people, "Well, this just makes our survivability rating go up drastically. Hi you two, care to come up here with me? We've got some skeletons that need bashing." She glances over to the chest that was open, mildly curious about it but then heads back up. She blushes a bit and looks mildly sheepish at the glares she's getting for splitting up, "Well...I know it sound silly, but this place just seems full of knowledge...and I kinda want to learn as much as possible about where it all goes, whether or not its dangerous."

Move: go back up the ladder

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:34 am
by Sqauto
Squata sees that there are people coming down from the room above, and that Martin knows them. As a result of this, she figures it might be a good idea to look over the room once more in case there is anything that should be taken note of before moving to try and access the metal chest in corner.

ACTION! Inspect the room, and then the box (if possible to reach).

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:01 pm
by Lord Nightmare
After carefully climbing the ladder 3/4 of the way up, avoiding several disintegrating, broken, or outright missing steps, Martin sees Lapis' silhouette in the sunlight on the way down (its too bright to discern light vs shadow when looking up), and stops.
Martin: "Boy am I glad to see you guys! Squata's down there below, and the ladder's in a sorry state."
He climbs up carefully after her.

Move/Action: follow lapis into the room above

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:45 pm
by ChroniclerC
Image

Craig and Mina try to slap down the last bat, but the little bugger is hard to hit. They do a little damage, though. The bat, on the other hand, does not.

Lapis comes back up and brings Martin with her.

Foresnapps spaces out. Roan rages at the universe.

Image

Squata investigates the room. Yup. Definitely a room. The box looks interesting, but the bats look irritable.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 am
by Amon Star
ACTION: Finish of the bat, hopefully.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:16 pm
by Drayco
Roan kicks a stray rock off the edge. Phooey.
"Grrr... fine."

He scurries down the ladder, then thinks of something, arms crossed. "I have a better idea. You guys distract them and I'll go for the chest. Taking down one was hard enough, I bet whatever is in there can help." He grins. "Besides, I don't really know how to fight without my powers."

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:45 pm
by OzLionHeart
"That could work," Mina said thoughtfully. "All right, everyone, I'm going to try to distract the skeletons. If that doesn't work, everyone except Roan grab a piece of the nearest skeleton and pull hard. That's how we beat the last one."

Action: Mina walks up to the nearest skeleton (staying just of knife range) and addresses it. "We need to access that chest behind you. Will you let us pass?" Hey, it's worth a shot...

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:38 am
by Sanchay
Foresnapps jolts back to reality in time to hear Mina's inquiry. He projects his doubt of success and suggests just jumping them.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:17 pm
by Sqauto
Squata hears what Martin says from the room above, which while impressing her that he has the gall to say, needs something done to him in turn. As a result, she takes a few steps away from the bats, before throwing her stick towards them while aimming to scare them enough that they should fly up into the room above and the stick lands next to the chest.

ACTION! Throw stick as close to the bats so they fly up the hole while making sure the stick lands near the chest.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:21 pm
by ChroniclerC
Image

Craig fumes at his inability to catch a bat.

Mina tries to chat with the skeletons, but they are not thrilling conversationalists and simply watch her.

The rest of the party chills.

Image

Squata tries to scare off the bats by throwing things at them. They spook and all start flying around, but they don't scatter. On the upside, her stick didn't break. so at least there's that.

Turns until sunset: 14

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:19 am
by Amon Star
ACTION: Swearing heavily in squirrel, Craig attacks the lead skeleton. He doesn't care anymore. It's obvious he's going to die here, so he may as well go out in a blaze of glory. If he can boost his attack by lowering his defence, then he will.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:12 pm
by OzLionHeart
Mina also swore, in Feline, then called to the others. "Okay people, Plan B. Grab the nearest part of the skeletons and pull hard on it!"

Action: Mina dives for the skeleton holding the knife and grabs its knife-arm, in an effort to pull it away from the suicidal squirrel-man.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:51 pm
by Sqauto
Squata goes over to the other ladder so as to break another rung from it for use as a weapon that can be thrown at the ladder the bats are on.

Action: Break a rung from the ladder, then throw it on the ladder the bats are on, right next to them.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:52 am
by Sanchay
Foresnapps figures this is enough to start attacking the one with the knife. Abandoning all previous attempts at caution, he finds this place needs just the opposite.

Action: Lunge at knifey-skeleton.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:30 pm
by Atashi-Cloud
Lapis grins, "I think I'll try something a bit more direct this time...maybe a kick to the head will work on these guys?" She flexes as if to kick, then winces lightly, "Okay...maybe not that. I think I'll opt for just grabbing them instead." and thus she goes for the Knife Skeleton's other non-knife-holding arm to tug it opposite the way of Mina, intending to make it an easy target for further punishment.

Action: Grab the knife skeleton in a way to render him more vulnerable to attack.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:19 pm
by ChroniclerC
Got back home late, super-tired. Skip night tonight, so see if you can prod the last couple people into posting. See ya Wednesday.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:03 pm
by Lord Nightmare
Martin: that treasure chest is probably filled with cool l3wt!

Action: Run past the two obstructing persons and cast tiny fireball on nearest skeleton.

Re: The Ruins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:59 pm
by ChroniclerC
Image

Most of the party leaps on the knife-wielding skeleton and rip it apart (with help from Martin's fireball). For some reason, the items you would normally claim from this opponent don't exist until the fight is complete. I'd normally have some cool in-setting explanation, but I'm drawing a blank here. Chalk it up to living in a game universe. :shifty: However, between the two skeletons, Craig gets cut pretty badly and takes 2 damage. He's not feeling great...

Roan spaces out while the bat returns to its roost.

Image

Squata tries to pry loose another ladder rung, but she finds a pretty sturdy one.

Turns until sunset: 13