The Ruins

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: The Ruins

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Atashi-Cloud wrote:Lapis calls back up, "Well, I found what amounts to active golems down here now...I think. I'm pretty sure they used to be statues down here. If anyone wants to try turning off the machine, that wouldn't be a bad idea...I'm kinda worried what would happen if we have to fight one of them, since even I wouldn't want to judging by the fact I think I heard something get hit lower in the room."

"Worth a try, I guess," Mina said.

Action: Walk over to the machine and press the switch.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
User avatar
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 10101
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:22 am
Location: Somewhere convenient to watch the action

Re: The Ruins

Postby Sqauto on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Squata looks up at the other person who went up to the chest before moving away from the bats.

"HEY! If you have done wasting time up there, get on down here."
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
Image
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
User avatar
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 19650
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: If you want to know, then we can play.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Drayco on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:05 am

"...huhm."
Roan smiles, the INVIGORATION washing away his feelings of unease.
"Hey... I feel strong. I saw a treasure chest in the other room, but there was some skeletons by it. If we can take one, then maybe we can take two. We're gonna need some better way to defend ourselves. Come on!"

ACTION: Head up ladder and over to the door to the next room to the right, sneaking back inside as quiet as possible.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
Image
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
User avatar
Drayco
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 18561
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:17 pm
Location: Behind a computer screen...

Re: The Ruins

Postby Amon Star on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:44 am

MOVEMENT: Bound after Roan up the ladder and into the next room. However, not bothering to be sneaky.

ACTION: Slide down the ladder in second room and attack the bats, but only if they attack me first.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
User avatar
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 am

Re: The Ruins

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:25 pm

"By the way...uhm...does it matter if I'm worried that hitting the switch might not turn off the golems?" Lapis asks, staying put by the ladder. "Cuz...they look mighty angry for some reason...must be their eyes or something, but I get a very 'not-friendly' vibe from them." After a bit of contemplation, she goes back up the ladder to see Mina so she can chat with a face for once.

Move: Go up ladder...again.

"So, should I just stay down there or what? I'm not worried about observing them carefully, but I can say that so far the theory stands that the machine seems relatively helpful."
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
User avatar
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12262
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:48 pm
Location: back home, the land of flatness.^^

Re: The Ruins

Postby ChroniclerC on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Turn goes up tonight. Get those actions in.
Image Image Image
Image
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Mad? We're all mad here.

Re: The Ruins

Postby ChroniclerC on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Image

Lapis heads back up. She can still hear that weird sound from down below.

Image

Mina and Lapis try to turn the machine back off, but pressing the button some more doesn't seem to do anything.

Foresnaps spaces out. He really likes that knife.

Lapis and Foresnaps both heal 1 HP

Image

Roan and Craig head to the right. Roan stays upstairs, while Craig zips down the ladder, aggravating the bats. The three of them deal 2 damage, but Craig then heals 1. His retaliation seems to do some damage.

Image

Martin puts on the LEATHER ARMOR (stylish!) and reads the book. It turns out to be one of those magic skillbooks! The runes on the page swirl, and Martin gains a deeper understanding of his magic, and learns how to throw Tiny Fireballs. It's not as powerful as his old tricks, but it seems to use a different kind of energy that isn't locked off from him. (Or, you know, whatever psuedo-arcanoscience explanation you'd like to use. :shifty: ) He then throws the book away, because those things only work once.

Squata shouts at him. Books are for nerds.

LEATHER ARMOR: +1 Def
Tiny Fireball: 2 Pow, ranged
Image Image Image
Image
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Mad? We're all mad here.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Amon Star on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:21 am

ACTION: Continue opening a can of Whoop Ass on the bats!

VOTE: If we're now voting on Foresnapps' actions, I vote he moves into the room and helps me with the bats.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
User avatar
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 am

Re: The Ruins

Postby Sqauto on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:31 am

ChroniclerC wrote:Squata shouts at him. Books are for nerds.


O.O.C She shouts because she is sick of wasting time. :P

A girls gotta get her killing on. :evilgrin:
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
Image
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
User avatar
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 19650
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: If you want to know, then we can play.

Re: The Ruins

Postby ChroniclerC on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Sqauto wrote:
ChroniclerC wrote:Squata shouts at him. Books are for nerds.


O.O.C She shouts because she is sick of wasting time. :P

A girls gotta get her killing on. :evilgrin:

Since when has she waited for help to kill things? Image
Image Image Image
Image
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Mad? We're all mad here.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Sanchay on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Foresnapps finally snaps out of it and goes back up the ladder toward that first room. The fear he had felt from the boy intrigues him, as well as finally being able to sense another living being beyond the door. A being that hungers.

Action: Go through upper door.

((I guess th extent of his empathy is limited to who he's seen and what they've experienced. Since Roan has seen, if indirectly, a wolf in the room (I'm assuming it's a wolf), Foresnapps has a small ability to feel it as well within a certain distance))
DBZ Abridged wrote:Chichi: Did you have to carry a child around inside you for nine months with a husband that literally thought there were Cinnabons hidden in your shirt?!

Images are clickable.


ImageImage
User avatar
Sanchay
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4282
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: In a cardboard box behind your house

Re: The Ruins

Postby Lord Nightmare on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Martin wears the jacket (smooth!), and reads the book. Suddenly his eyes go wide and out of focus, and his perspective seems to be hurtling through an endless tunnel of flames at ludicrous speed, seemingly forever, and suddenly...
"...And the three little kittens were never ever cold again. The End!"
He zips back into reality, dropping the book in front of him, but the weird effect seems to have had some effect on his limited fire manipulation powers; he feels he can toss little fireballs anywhere now!... well, within reason.
He climbs down the ladder to where squata is, cautiously to avoid the bad rung and being stabbed by whatever rusted hunk of metal squata is waving at him.

Action: climb down ladder to bottom
"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
Lord Nightmare
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 12:00 am
Location: PA, USA

Re: The Ruins

Postby Drayco on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Roan looks down, shaking his head.
"...squirrel-man, you have to be NICE to the bats..."
He then notices the wolf again... and gets an idea. He takes out the SKULL, and waves it around. "Hey! Hey wolfie! These are tasty! Do you want the bone?"

ACTION: Try and gauge whether or not the wolf is hostile to him. Also, gauge how far apart the platform he's on is from the one where the wolf is.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
Image
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
User avatar
Drayco
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 18561
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:17 pm
Location: Behind a computer screen...

Re: The Ruins

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Mina looked at Lapis. "I think we'd better go join the others. Splitting the party seems like a really bad idea to me."

Action: Follow Foresnapps, and join the rest of the party.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
User avatar
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 10101
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:22 am
Location: Somewhere convenient to watch the action

Re: The Ruins

Postby ChroniclerC on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:46 pm

Remember guys, moving around within a room costs nothing (unless you're doing something weird), and you have a Move and an Action.
Image Image Image
Image
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Mad? We're all mad here.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Sanchay on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Action: Attack nearest bat with knife.

(( sorry for rushing that one >>; ))
DBZ Abridged wrote:Chichi: Did you have to carry a child around inside you for nine months with a husband that literally thought there were Cinnabons hidden in your shirt?!

Images are clickable.


ImageImage
User avatar
Sanchay
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4282
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: In a cardboard box behind your house

Re: The Ruins

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Lapis nods to Mina, "Yeah, that would be the best idea."

Move: follow Mina and Foresnapps,
Action: test out wings to ensure they feel limber enough for a possible flight, assuming that ledge in the room isn't that far off...
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
User avatar
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12262
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:48 pm
Location: back home, the land of flatness.^^

Re: The Ruins

Postby Sqauto on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 pm

ChroniclerC wrote:
Sqauto wrote:
ChroniclerC wrote:Squata shouts at him. Books are for nerds.


O.O.C She shouts because she is sick of wasting time. :P

A girls gotta get her killing on. :evilgrin:

Since when has she waited for help to kill things? Image


O.O.C. Since the GM took her toys away. :evilgrin:

Squata waits for the other person to come down the ladder. "If you are done wasting your time trying on all the so-called pretty things, lets get moving. Those bats are not going to shift themselves."

ACTION: Wait for the other person to come down the ladder.
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
Image
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
User avatar
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 19650
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: If you want to know, then we can play.

Re: The Ruins

Postby ChroniclerC on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Photobucket is being stupid for some reason. Images will be up as soon as possible.

Image

Craig swats down one of the bats, but not before they deal another 2 damage to him. Then, from the other room, Foresnapps rushes in and cuts down another one, leaving only one bat remaining! They then both heal 1 HP

Roan tries to get the attention of the wolf on the other side of the hole, but it leaves through the other door on that side. Lapis tries to judge if she could fly across, but her wings don't feel great and it's as far down as it is across. Mina wonders what they're both looking at.

INVIGORATED has worn off.

Image

Martin climbs back down the ladder to find Squata impatiently waiting for him. Awkward...
Image Image Image
Image
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Mad? We're all mad here.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:52 pm

"Well...I don't think I'm going to try flying any time soon. Either of you two got an idea? I'd want to take on the Skeletons, but only if we all work together." Lapis says, looking down at the Skeletons on the other side of the room.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
User avatar
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12262
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:48 pm
Location: back home, the land of flatness.^^

Re: The Ruins

Postby Drayco on Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Roan shivers as the adrenaline wears off, glaring at the wolf as it leaves. "Yeah..." He lifts up the skull in one hand, glaring down at the skeletons. "I have a headache, and 've had about enough of this place. GIVE ME BACK MY POWERS!"

ACTION: Roan hucks the skull at the skeleton down below who isn't holding a shield, as hard as he can.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
Image
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
User avatar
Drayco
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 18561
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:17 pm
Location: Behind a computer screen...

Re: The Ruins

Postby Lord Nightmare on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:53 am

<martin's perspective placeholder>

Action: confer with squata, assess the center ladder to be sure the whole thing doesn't collapse when climbed, and climb it
"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
Lord Nightmare
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 12:00 am
Location: PA, USA

Re: The Ruins

Postby ChroniclerC on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Remember guys, turns go up every other night. Which is to say, tonight.
Image Image Image
Image
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Mad? We're all mad here.

Re: The Ruins

Postby ChroniclerC on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Image Image Image
Image
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Mad? We're all mad here.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Amon Star on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:25 am

(Sorry about the delay)

ACTION: Finish off the last bat with Foresnapps help, then move to the centre of the room, by the ladder, and indicate the others should join me.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
User avatar
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 am

 
PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests