The Ruins

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: The Ruins

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Mina heard the commotion, and while she didn't consider herself a brave person, she wasn't about to stand idly by and let the others take all the risks.

Move: Grabs the outside of the ladder and slides down, trusting to her natural reflexes and agility to land safely (and avoid hitting Roan).

Action: A running start, and she leaps over the heads of the combatants, twisting in mid-leap in an attempt to give the skeleton a good old-fashioned BOOT TO THE HEAD!
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
User avatar
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 10101
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:22 am
Location: Somewhere convenient to watch the action

Re: The Ruins

Postby Sqauto on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:40 am

Squata comes to while trying to draw a knife as she does so. She is about to take in the location she notices that she was unable to draw a weapon. While checking the area for threats, she keeps trying to pull out a weapon of anytype, all the while getting more angry at this change which has happened. Still, she doesn't feel threated as there is nothing of risk in the area beyond just some angry bats and a knocked out person near her.

Action, look for a weapon.

(O.O.C. CC, your call on what could be either found or be of use.)
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
Image
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
User avatar
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 19650
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: If you want to know, then we can play.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Lord Nightmare on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:31 am

Martin sits up, dazed, and drags himself to his feet. Checking himself, he realizes his tools are gone.
Seeing someone nearby in similar condition, he walks to the left and searches for anything useful around the ladder.

Action: walk to left, search around/on ladder
Last edited by Lord Nightmare on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
Lord Nightmare
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 12:00 am
Location: PA, USA

Re: The Ruins

Postby Amon Star on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:46 am

Action: Wait for an opening, then throw skull at Skeleton.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
User avatar
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 am

Re: The Ruins

Postby Sanchay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Force takes the opportunity to broadcast his pain upon the stabbery and squawks in surprise, though he really shouldn't be surprised at being stabbed by a knife-weilding skeleton.

Action: Disarm opponent. Literally.
DBZ Abridged wrote:Chichi: Did you have to carry a child around inside you for nine months with a husband that literally thought there were Cinnabons hidden in your shirt?!

Images are clickable.


ImageImage
User avatar
Sanchay
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4282
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: In a cardboard box behind your house

Re: The Ruins

Postby ChroniclerC on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Image

Foresnaps, Lapis, and Mina all mug the skeleton, and Craig throws a skull at it. Combined, they do considerable damage, and the skeleton looks on the verge of crumbling. But not quite. The undead horror continues its assault on Foresnaps, who takes another 1 damage.

Roan tries to help, but he can't manage any more than puffs of snow.

Image

Elsewhere in the dungeon, Squata throws a fit at her lack of weaponry. Martin wisely decides to scavenge elsewhere. Neither of them find anything useful. Maybe if they went up...
Image Image Image
Image
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Mad? We're all mad here.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Lord Nightmare on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Martin looks around the ladder and finds nothing, so he climbs up, but from the ground notes one of the rungs near the top looks unsound.
Hey, maybe he can snap the rung off on purpose and use it as an improvised tool!

Action: climb ladder up to and inspect the fourth rung from the top. (if it can't be removed for use as a pry bar or shiv, at least bypass it so he doesn't fall before he gets to the top)
"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
Lord Nightmare
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 12:00 am
Location: PA, USA

Re: The Ruins

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:32 pm

"Okay, that's enough stabbing there for one day." Lapis grumbles, positioning herself between Force and the skeleton and hoping to be a new target. She then reaches for the skeleton's head and starts to try tugging it off, her tail extending out behind her to keep balance.

Action: Pull off the animated skeleton's head, though also keeping herself positioned so as to be the next target, hopefully.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
User avatar
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12262
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:48 pm
Location: back home, the land of flatness.^^

Re: The Ruins

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Mina gets the idea, and grabs hold of the skeleton's leg, hoping to wrench it off, or at least unbalance the skeleton. "Make a wish!"

Action: Grab hold of the skeleton's leg and pull hard.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
User avatar
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 10101
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:22 am
Location: Somewhere convenient to watch the action

Re: The Ruins

Postby Sqauto on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:56 am

(O.O.C.

Atashi-Cloud wrote:"Okay, that's enough stabbing there for one day."


Squata glares are ata.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING!")

Squata tries to hit the wall hard enough to see if anything shakes out which could be used as either a weapon or to throw at an enemy if the time came to it. As she tries, she notices that the other person has woken up and started to climb the ladder, she shrugs off the person as a fool for trying to use a broken ladder until she spots him trying to remove one of the rungs.

Action, try and hit the wall hard enough to shake out a loose rock.

(O.O.C. Again CC, your call on that. Not to be a pain, but this is your place and I like to make sure I know what the rules of a place so I can bend them when needed. :evilgrin:

Besides, is it possible for someone to hit the ladder with a hard enough hit, say a kick, to break either a rung or the ladder itself?)
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
Image
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
User avatar
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 19650
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: If you want to know, then we can play.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Amon Star on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:10 am

ACTION: Grab the leg of the skeleton that Mina isn't pulling and join in the mugging.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
User avatar
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 am

Re: The Ruins

Postby Sanchay on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:17 am

Foresnapps has become quite tired of using his vocal chords. They're too weak to be taking this kind of stress. He projects his growing anger at his situation toward his companions, hoping it'll be enough to encourage them to help. He is keen on not dying so early in the expedition.

Action: Again attempt to wrench the knife from the skeleton's hand
DBZ Abridged wrote:Chichi: Did you have to carry a child around inside you for nine months with a husband that literally thought there were Cinnabons hidden in your shirt?!

Images are clickable.


ImageImage
User avatar
Sanchay
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4282
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: In a cardboard box behind your house

Re: The Ruins

Postby Drayco on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:47 am

Roan stares at his hand. That's... not supposed to happen.
Blink.
Blinkblink.
"GRAAARH!"

ACTION: Roan flips out, runs over, and straight up tackles the skeleton in the middle-areas with all of his (fairly little) weight. He's piiiiiiiiissed~
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
Image
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
User avatar
Drayco
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 18561
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:17 pm
Location: Behind a computer screen...

Re: The Ruins

Postby ChroniclerC on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Image

Everyone in the room gets together and rips the skeleton to pieces. It would have been quite gruesome had it been something living, but it was just a skeleton, so it's completely okay. Lapis gets cut for 1 damage in the final struggle. Oddly, most of the body turns to dust.

The skeleton drops:
-KNIFE
-SKULL

Foresnaps has first dibs since he was in the fight the longest. (Claiming loot does not count as an action.)

Image

Martin climbs up the ladder and breaks off the loose rung. It's pretty rotten, and practically crumbles in his hand. Definitely would have been bad to step on that, but by the same token it's useless as a tool.

Squata continues to rage against the dungeon. Stupid dungeon. Stupid knives. Stupid walls. Ow. Sturdy walls.
Image Image Image
Image
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Mad? We're all mad here.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:45 pm

"That kinda hurt...but I guess taking a hit for someone who's more injured is better than not at all." Lapis mutters, as she completely ignores the skull and knife to look at the machine...and does what she originally intended to do and hits the switch. "So, anyone besides me enjoy progress in the form of checking rooms? I'd like to get going a bit more, and I saw some stuff below that could be useful..." she says, heading down the ladder for the room below.

Action: Press the red switch to the machine.
Move: go down the ladder to the room she'd originally left.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
User avatar
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12262
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:48 pm
Location: back home, the land of flatness.^^

Re: The Ruins

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:38 pm

"Roan and I checked out the room on the other side of the door," Mina reported. "All I saw was some more of these skeleton things, and a few bats. Did you see anything else, Roan?"
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
User avatar
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 10101
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:22 am
Location: Somewhere convenient to watch the action

Re: The Ruins

Postby Sqauto on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Squata gets sick of the wall not playing ball so she goes over to the middle ladder with the aim of breaking some of the rungs out.

ACTION! Try to smash some of the rungs out of the already broken ladder.
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
Image
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
User avatar
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 19650
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: If you want to know, then we can play.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Lord Nightmare on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:06 pm

The rung crumbles into useless fragments in Martin's hand when he grabs it. Hearing disturbing noises below near where he originally landed, he decides to go up the ladder the rest of the way, bypassing the broken rung, and inspect the object visible at the top.

Action: climb ladder (stepping over the broken rung) and inspect chest at top.
Last edited by Lord Nightmare on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
Lord Nightmare
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 12:00 am
Location: PA, USA

Re: The Ruins

Postby Amon Star on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:10 am

Signs to Mina.
<"I think we should stay on this level, or at least stick together, so please get Lapis back. Also, if you tear some strips from your clothes i can try and bandage Foresnapps.">
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
User avatar
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 am

Re: The Ruins

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:43 am

Mina nodded. "That's a good idea. In fact, that's two good ideas."

Action: Mina tears some strips from her T-shirt, and hands them to Craig.

"Lapis," she called down the ladder, "you'd better come back. We don't know how many more of those skeleton things there are around, and we don't want to get split up."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
User avatar
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 10101
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:22 am
Location: Somewhere convenient to watch the action

Re: The Ruins

Postby Drayco on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:53 pm

"There was a wolf too. And a treasure chest." Roan walks over to the skull and pokes it, then picks it up, glaring annoyedly at it for a moment before sighing. "My powers aren't working... not even snowballs. I'm worried..."

ACTION: Take SKULL. Examine it for any sign of why the hell it was moving. Or glowing. Or doing anything the skeleton was just doing.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
Image
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
User avatar
Drayco
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 18561
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:17 pm
Location: Behind a computer screen...

Re: The Ruins

Postby ChroniclerC on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Turn goes up tonight (about 5 hours). Get those actions in.
Image Image Image
Image
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Mad? We're all mad here.

Re: The Ruins

Postby ChroniclerC on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Image

Lapis walks up and presses the button, and the strange machine hums to life with a burst of energy. And WOW, does that energy feel great! Everyone in the room is INVIGORATED for three turns. Lapis then heads downstairs.

Foresnaps admires his spiffy new KNIFE.

Roan takes a look at the SKULL that, not too long ago, was trying to kill them. He can feel some kind of residual energy, a sickly-feeling force.

Mina and Craig whip up a MAKESHIFT BANDAGE. Huzzah!

Lapis, Foresnaps, Roan, Mina, and Craig all heal 1 HP

Image

Lapis looks around downstairs. Huh. Does that statue look different?

Image

Squata breaks off a piece of ladder to use as a weapon. The DEBRIS she creates seems to hold up. For now.

Martin opens up the chest and find an old-fashioned padded leather jacket (would probably provide a bit of protection, he reckons), and a book. "Baby's First Fireball"? Odd name for a book.

INVIGORATED: +1 Atk, heal 1 HP per turn
KNIFE: +1 Atk
MAKESHIFT BANDAGE: Makeshift first aid.
DEBRIS: +1 Atk, may break

Okay, while I support you guys being creative, I can't have ya'll canabalizing yourselves and the dungeon. I don't want each ladder to just be a series of crappy clubs. So, fair warning, such efforts will become less and less effective. :nervous:
Image Image Image
Image
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Mad? We're all mad here.

Re: The Ruins

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:33 am

Lapis calls back up, "Well, I found what amounts to active golems down here now...I think. I'm pretty sure they used to be statues down here. If anyone wants to try turning off the machine, that wouldn't be a bad idea...I'm kinda worried what would happen if we have to fight one of them, since even I wouldn't want to judging by the fact I think I heard something get hit lower in the room."
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
User avatar
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12262
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:48 pm
Location: back home, the land of flatness.^^

Re: The Ruins

Postby Lord Nightmare on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Martin climbed the ladder to the top. On top of the platform at the top of the ladder was a large "treasure chest" type trunk, with a rather corroded lock on the front which quickly broke to rusted bits upon attempting to open it. Inside was an old leather jacket in surprisingly good shape, and an odd book underneath with childish but arcane illustrations on the cover, with the title "Baby's First Fireball".
Martin grabbed the jacket and finding it in better shape than his current clothing, put it on.
He then started to page through the book, seeing what was contained within.

Action: wear jacket, inspect/read book.
(edited. need to move things along faster, Martin can inspect/wear stuff later)
(retcon-edited again back to its original state which CC used, so things actually make sense.)
Last edited by Lord Nightmare on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
Lord Nightmare
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 12:00 am
Location: PA, USA

 
PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron