The Mayhem Store (OPEN)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: The Mayhem Store (OPEN)

Postby jwrebholz on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:28 am

*turns to Calvin* New Holland, actually. Careful with that stuff. Aged in oak and smooth as a baby's bottom, but it packs a wallop.
*sees the vixen approach the counter*
You'd be surprised what I can get a hold of. I've got a really good distributor. *grins* Let's see..licorice, jerky, drink...actually, drink's on the house, seeing as you're my first paying customer. Your total is $24.75. I take cash, credit cards, money orders, rupees, gold bullion, stacks of diamond and Federation standard credits.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:03 pm

"That's not bad," the vixen commented. "And a free drink, too - great."

She passed over a credit card that bore the name "Ilsa Lynxwood", and (after setting Glaith on the counter) took the TF gun, and set it on random. One *ZAP!* later, and she was still a vixen, but no longer an Arctic one. "Grey fox, huh? Okay, I guess I'm a vixen today. At least it's cooler... Which aisle did you say the clothing was in?"
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:31 am

*points off in the appropriate direction* Over there in aisle 2. Not much there to be honest, just the bare essentials--T-shirts and shorts, enough to protect your modesty. Five bucks each.

*the shirts are a few different colors, but mostly black or white, and most of them have something funny and/or sarcastic to say, though nothing political--he likes to leave politics at home*
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:37 am

Counter top
OzLionHeart wrote:"That's not bad," the vixen commented. "And a free drink, too - great."

She passed over a credit card that bore the name "Ilsa Lynxwood", and (after setting Glaith on the counter) took the TF gun, and set it on random. One *ZAP!* later, and she was still a vixen, but no longer an Arctic one. "Grey fox, huh? Okay, I guess I'm a vixen today. At least it's cooler... Which aisle did you say the clothing was in?"

*Glait slithers over to a jar or something similar and wraps himself around it*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:08 pm

(("Something similar"? Like say, the open half-empty can of TF soda? I think Ilsa (yes, she has a name now) left it on the counter. Hope Glaith doesn't get thirsty... :wink: ))

Ilsa snickered. "'Bare essentials'? That's a good one."

She padded over to the appropriate section, and after choosing a pair of shorts, proceeded to browse the T-shirts. "Hmm... 'I reject your reality and substitute my own'... 'I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it'... 'Sanity Is For The Weak'... Oh, I can't decide. I'll take one of each."

Suiting action to words, she brought her additional items to the counter.
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 am

*watches her bring her additional purchases up, and grins a bit* Well then, let's see here. Three shirts and a pair of shorts... That'll bring your total up to $64.75. *glances at the snake* hey you..curious little bugger arent you?
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:26 pm

((Uh, I think your math might be a little off there...))

Ilsa looked at him curiously. "Um, didn't you say they were five bucks each?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:00 am

Ack! Sorry about that..hit the wrong button. Sorry about that. *punches a few more buttons* should be $44.75.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:58 pm

"That's not too bad," Ilsa said thoughtfully. "I might even be able to afford one of those 'upgrades' you mentioned. What sort of upgrades do you have? And what would they cost?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:30 pm

I've got a few different upgrades available. I threw in some upgraded cooling for you for free. Basically a better heatsink made of billet aluminum and copper for better conductivity. I've got a few cosmetic upgrades for you--repackaging the guts basically into different casings. The actual circuitry isn't that large, most of this thing is empty space, so I've got a few somewhat more streamlined cases here to choose from. As for functional upgrades, I've got all manner. New chipsets for more varied transformations, faster processors, adjustable focusing apparatus, adjustable sights, laser targeting systems, collapsible butt stocks, different grips for different sized hands, I can even custom-mold a pistol grip to fit your hand exactly. I've got fingerprint security systems that will only let authorized users fire the gun. I've got extended barrels for better long-range accuracy, better safeties to prevent negligent discharges, higher-capacity battery packs, and I can even add an MP3 player. This really is a full-service shop I run here. I do quality work and I guarantee my workmanship for life--but my guarantee does not cover acts of God, acts of dog, anger management issues or stupidity. I also have a selection of hip and shoulder holsters of various materials. These plastic ones here do the job but they're kinda cheap. I've also got cowhide and snakeskin over here, but I'll warn you they're not cheap. This leather shoulder holster here, for example, is $99.95. The cases are all $20 for the ones here made out of ABS plastic, but I've got these made out of matte stainless steel. They're $99 to $299. The processors, lenses, sights, all that stuff vary pretty wildly from "cheap and cheerful" all the way up to "boat payment". Anything you'd like? *grins*
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:32 am

"Oh, there's a few things that I'd like," Ilsa said, with a grin, "but there's no way I'd be able to afford most of them, especially the ones up at the 'boat payment' end of the spectrum."

She became serious. "Actually, what I'd be interested in is a 'random form selection' program. That, and some form of remote control, or, alternatively, a time delay. And a tripod mount, if that's possible."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:53 am

Hmm. Well I haven't got any remote units in stock right now unfortunately, but I do have a time delay circuit I can add in. It'll give you a choice of anywhere from one to 30 seconds, though why anyone would want a one second delay escapes me. The tripod mount I can do easily. It's honestly just a standard camera tripod mounting screw. I can add that in for five bucks. The time delay circuit isn't expensive to pruchase, but the installation is a bit involved. it'll take me about an hour to do that, and it'll run you 80 dollars. The randomizer was actually included in the last software update. I can take care of that for you for free.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Ilsa thought for a few moments, then nodded. "Expensive, but I can manage it. Okay, I'd like that, please. The time delay, the randomiser, and a tripod mount."

She grinned. "As you can probably tell, I kinda have a thing for wearing different forms." She shook her head. "Normally, I only do one or two a day, unless I'm working. Today - well, it's not even lunchtime yet, and already I'm on my third."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:06 am

All right then.. *punches a few buttons* That'll be $124.75. I'll get to work on this right away and you can come back and pay when it's all done. Like I said, should take me about an hour. *hands you a pen and a sticky note pad* Just write your name here so I don't lose track of who it belongs to.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:27 pm

The (currently) fox-girl took the offered pen and pad, and wrote "Ilsa Lynxwood" on the top page, in a neat script.

"There you go," she said, handing it back. "Do you mind if I hang around here for the hour? I don't have anywhere else to be, and I'm afraid I might spend more money if I go into any other stores. At least here, I know how much I've already spent - if I go over that, I might end up eating ramen for the next week. And there are a great number of things I'd rather do than that," she added, with a grimace.

((In other news, I've added this thread to the Mayhem wiki - here.))
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:31 am

*snrk* yeah, I've been there and done that. Can't do it anymore. All that salt screws with my blood pressure. Sure, by all means, look around as much as you like. But if it does come to it, I've got ramen noodles, 3 for a buck. :D *grabs the parts and tools he needs, pulls up a small stool, and gets to work*
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:12 am

"Thank you." Ilsa smiled, and wandered off, looking around the store with interest (and visibly fighting the urge to buy any of the tempting items on display). "Must not spend more money... must not spend more money..."

After several minutes of picking things up (and then smacking herself on the paw, and putting the item back), she sighed, and muttered to herself, "I guess it's time for drastic measures." She padded back to the counter, and placed her bag on the floor.

Turning to the proprietor, she smiled at him. "Do you mind if I leave my bag here by the counter, Mr...?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:19 am

Aactually, let me put that behind the counter for you. That way it doesn't grow legs. And you can call me James. Nice to meet you, Ilsa. *reaches over, takes the bag and sets it on the floor behind him, then returns to work*
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:39 am

"Thank you, James." Ilsa took an item out of her bag, before passing it over.

As she attached the toy plastic handcuffs to her wrists, she gave him a sheepish look. "I know this looks a bit weird, but it does work to remind me not to spend any more."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:46 am

Considering where I've set up shop, my threshold for weird is pretty effing high. *smirks, and continues working* The day's just started and look at the crowd I've got in here already. *looks up* You guys doing okay? Need anything, just ask.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:29 am

jwrebholz wrote:Considering where I've set up shop, my threshold for weird is pretty effing high. *smirks, and continues working* The day's just started and look at the crowd I've got in here already. *looks up* You guys doing okay? Need anything, just ask.

*The nondescript man walks over with a six-pack of shrink sodas. He puts them on the counter*

"How much are these?"
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:33 am

jwrebholz wrote:Considering where I've set up shop, my threshold for weird is pretty effing high. *smirks, and continues working*

Ilsa snickered. "Point."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:20 pm

*looks at the man who's stepped up to the counter* Six packs of soda are three bucks each. That be all?
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Ilsa got out of the nondescript man's way (after giving Glaith a pat on the head, and a tickle under the chin), and went back to her browsing, the handcuffs apparently providing only minimal hindrance to her picking up items and examining them.

Occasionally, she would look thoughtfully at an item she had picked up, then glance at her cuffed wrists, and put the item back, with a muttered “Next week, maybe...”
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem