The Mayhem Store (OPEN)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

The Mayhem Store (OPEN)

Postby jwrebholz on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:38 am

*on the street corner sits a little shop, about the size of your typical convenience store. A dark blue Camaro pulls up and around to the back of the shop, and out steps the owner. He's tall, a bit broad-shouldered, a little on the heavy side and not particularly handsome, but he moves with a definite lack of grace. This is evidenced when he trips over a rock on the sidewalk and tumbles to the ground.*
...Great start to the day...
*picks himself up and walks to the front door of the store, turning the key and stepping inside. It's been a long time since anyone's set foot in here, but now that he's taken over things he's hoping that'll change. He steps to the back of the store and flips the lights on, the fluorescent tubes above his head humming to life. The shelves are freshly stocked with all of the items one might need here in Mayhem. The few aisles are stocked with various snack foods, apparel, stuffed animals and drinks. The coolers in the back have frosty beverages of both the mundane type and the "special" kind that are popular in these parts, each having different effects and/or flavors. Behind the counter is the armory, where TF weapons of all makes and models are held behind a glass cabinet. He powers up his register, presses a button under the counter to turn on the sign out front, and steps back over to the door, flipping the sign from "CLOSED" to "OPEN"..then stands back behind the counter and waits for the customers to roll in*
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Mayhem Store (OPEN)

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:02 pm

The door opened, and in walked a snow-leopard girl, dressed in denim shorts and a blue bikini top, with a large tote bag slung over one shoulder.

She looked around, then padded up to the counter. "Hello. Do you carry spare parts for TF guns?"
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:17 pm

*looks over and smiles* Hey there. Matter of fact I do have a full complement of both original equipment and aftermarket replacement parts. Are you looking to repair a broken gun, or looking for a few upgrades?
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:58 pm

"Well, my first priority is to repair this," the girl said, reaching into her bag, and producing a TF gun with obvious scorch marks on the casing. "Damn thing shorted out on me this morning, and it's just too damn hot today to be stuck as a snow leopard."

She shook her head, and gave the store owner a slight smile. "As for upgrades - I guess that depends on how much money I have left afterwards."
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:31 pm

*takes a look at it* Yeah..see what you mean. Well thankfully for you the store is air conditioned. Why don't you head to the back and grab yourself something to drink and I'll see what I can do here. *grabs a small toolkit from under the counter and opens the case which is clearly marked "NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS"...*
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby mandros on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:35 pm

*a man wanders in through a rift just outside the door. he is dressed in brown robes with a sack tied to his belt. looking a cross between a monk and a hippy* .... now how did i get here?
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:37 pm

"Believe me, I'm very thankful for your air conditioning right now," the snow-leopard girl replied fervently. "if you can get that thing fixed, it'll be a bonus. It's been nothing but trouble lately."

She headed for the cabinet of sodas, grabbed one without looking at the label, opened it, and chugged about half of it rapidly. "Ahh, that helps."

mandros wrote:*a man wanders in through a rift just outside the door. he is dressed in brown robes with a sack tied to his belt. looking a cross between a monk and a hippy* .... now how did i get here?

The girl looked over at the new arrival. "Looks to me like you walked in the door," she called.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:10 pm

*heard the leopard-girl open the soda* Uh, you may wanna check that label before you drink--Too late...Well whatever you just did to yourself, I'm sure I'll have this thing up and running again before long. You can just zap yourself back to normal.

*looks over at the robed man who just walked in* How'd you get here? Well you stepped through a portal, and then opened my door and walked in. If you want particulars you're outta luck, but as long as you're here take a look around. I'll be with you in just a minute.

*goes back to work* hmm...well here's your problem. This thing is filthy! The heat sinks are all gunked up with dust and debris. No wonder it overheated. Let me clean this thing up and see what burned out, and I'll have it fixed for you in no time. *gets to work with a fine brush, cleaning the dust and lint out of the device*
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 pm

"Label?" The girl blinked, then facepalmed. "Oh, of course - this is a Mayhem soda, isn't it? Man, the heat must really be getting to me..."

She looked at the label, then frowned. "Fox - shouldn't be too bad. At least I'll be cooler... oh. Arctic fox." As she spoke, the soda was already taking effect; her body morphed, becoming larger and more fluffy.

The girl, now an Arctic vixen, looked herself over. "Huh. Still too hot, but I guess it could be worse -" Scarcely were the words out of her mouth, when there was a *RRRIPPPP*, and her shorts fell to the floor - in two pieces.

Now clad only in the aforementioned top, she sighed, and turned to the proprietor. "Do you sell muzzles here? 'Cause it seems like I need something to help keep my big mouth shut."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:22 am

*hears fabric tear and looks up* ...Oh dear. I guess now is a good time to tell you I sell some clothing too. Aisle 2. Nothing special, just some snarky t-shirts and elastic shorts, but at least you'll be able to protect your modesty. Just be glad those windows are tinted. Nobody can see in.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:11 am

*A short, nondescript, man walks in, a small viper on his shoulder*

"Do you sell pet food here?" he calls out.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mandros on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:04 pm

*wanders about* well this a long way off from the rex
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:42 pm

The girl looked down at herself, and shrugged. "Well, I'd say my 'modesty' is already well protected at the moment, both by the fur and that this isn't my right shape."

She removed her bikini top, which was looking uncomfortably tight, and tucked it away in her tote bag. "As for new clothes, I think I'd better wait till you fix my thing and I can zap myself into something more comfortable -" At this point she caught sight of the viper, and rushed over. "Aww, how cute! Is it a boy or a girl? What's his name? Can I pet him?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:52 pm

*shrugs at the now foxgirl, then turns toward the short guy with the snake* Um..I have some canned cat food, but that's about all. *continues work on the TF gun..he's got it cleaned out by now and is busy looking for replacement parts from a drawer* ...here we are..just needs a couple new chips. Good thing these are cheap. *the sockets don't appear damaged, so replacing the burnt-out chips is a simple affair, and in a few more minutes he's got the TF gun back together..* Okay, quick function check...*takes the TF gun and fires it into a bucket full of sand he keeps behind the counter for just such purpose..satisfied the gun is in working order he looks over again* Hey, I got your gun all patched up.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:38 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:The girl looked down at herself, and shrugged. "Well, I'd say my 'modesty' is already well protected at the moment, both by the fur and that this isn't my right shape."

She removed her bikini top, which was looking uncomfortably tight, and tucked it away in her tote bag. "As for new clothes, I think I'd better wait till you fix my thing and I can zap myself into something more comfortable -" At this point she caught sight of the viper, and rushed over. "Aww, how cute! Is it a boy or a girl? What's his name? Can I pet him?"

*The man raises his hand and the little snake slithers onto his palm*

"His name is Glait and feel free to hold him."

*After the foxgirl picks him up, assuming she does,the man turns to the Shop keeper*
jwrebholz wrote:*shrugs at the now foxgirl, then turns toward the short guy with the snake* Um..I have some canned cat food, but that's about all.

"Just cat food? Hmm, I'll look around anyway. I've got time to kill."
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby jwrebholz on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:55 pm

*nods* Go right ahead. I'm sure you'll find something interesting.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:16 pm

The (currently) Arctic fox girl took the viper, and was at first too busy cooing over him ("Hello, Glait. You're a cutie, aren't you? Yes, you are.") and scratching him behind where his ears would be (if snakes possessed such things) for the store-keeper's words to register at first.

After a moment, the words reached her attention, and she looked up. "Huh? Oh, right, thank you. I'll be right there." She resumed petting the small venomous snake, talking to him as though he were a puppy. "Are you a good boy, then?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:50 pm

jwrebholz wrote:*nods* Go right ahead. I'm sure you'll find something interesting.

*The man begins to browze*
OzLionHeart wrote:The (currently) Arctic fox girl took the viper, and was at first too busy cooing over him ("Hello, Glait. You're a cutie, aren't you? Yes, you are.") and scratching him behind where his ears would be (if snakes possessed such things) for the store-keeper's words to register at first.

After a moment, the words reached her attention, and she looked up. "Huh? Oh, right, thank you. I'll be right there." She resumed petting the small venomous snake, talking to him as though he were a puppy. "Are you a good boy, then?"

*Glait just curls up contentedly on the girls furry palm. Every now and then his tongue lazily flicks out*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby psycho_BUNNY on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:02 pm

An anthro stoat walked into the store and started browsing through the snack foods.
"Liquorice... liquorice..." Calvin mumbled to himself, until he found the proper section of the aisle and took in all the flavors. "Black, strawberry... snozzberry?" He picked up one of the striped paper packages of snozzberry liquorice and began reading the text blurb on the back.
psycho_BUNNY
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Brooding pensively in a corner, on the verge of either an epiphany or a breakdown.

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:19 pm

The girl's ears perked up at the mention of snozzberries. "Does it have real snozzberries in it?" she called, padding over to see for herself. "Or just the imitation stuff?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby jwrebholz on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:04 pm

*looks at the customers, glad business is starting to pick up*
I make it a point to carry stuff with as few artificial chemicals, dyes, flavorings and preservatives as possible. Not always easy but I figure it's worth it. That licorice is hand-made by a candy shop next town over. It's not cheap I'll grant you, but you pay for quality. ..Except for the beef jerky. That's a quarter a piece. Don't ask if it's any good. My layabout cousin makes it and asked me if I'd sell it in here...
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby psycho_BUNNY on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:15 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:The girl's ears perked up at the mention of snozzberries. "Does it have real snozzberries in it?" she called, padding over to see for herself. "Or just the imitation stuff?"

Calvin turned to the vixen. "Real snozzberries. Huh... they've got raspberry, too. Not a bad selection."

He grabbed one each of the snozzberry and raspberry, and looked to the shopkeeper. "How's your beer selection?"
psycho_BUNNY
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Brooding pensively in a corner, on the verge of either an epiphany or a breakdown.

Postby jwrebholz on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:33 am

*looks* Narrow but deep. I'm a big fan of smallish craft breweries, but I've only got so much space in here. My selection changes on a regular basis, depends on what I can get. They're in the cooler in back with the tinted glass. I've got the usual suspects because, well, they make money, but right now I've got..let's see..I've got Dragon's Milk, Fat Tire--that one was a pain in the ass--Newcastle Brown Ale, a selection from Flying Dog Brewery, and a great seasonal from Blue Moon.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby psycho_BUNNY on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:55 pm

jwrebholz wrote:*looks* Narrow but deep. I'm a big fan of smallish craft breweries, but I've only got so much space in here. My selection changes on a regular basis, depends on what I can get. They're in the cooler in back with the tinted glass. I've got the usual suspects because, well, they make money, but right now I've got..let's see..I've got Dragon's Milk, Fat Tire--that one was a pain in the ass--Newcastle Brown Ale, a selection from Flying Dog Brewery, and a great seasonal from Blue Moon.

Calvin gasped a bit. "Dragon's Milk... from Triple Rock?" He seemed genuinely surprised and excited at the possibility.
psycho_BUNNY
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:10 pm

The vixen selected a package of the snozzberry for herself, and a piece of the beef jerky, the latter mostly out of curiosity.

She headed back to the counter in time to hear the comments about the beer. "Really? I didn't think you could get that anywhere around here. Well, apart from O'Lionheart's, of course." She placed her purchases on the counter. "What do I owe you for the TF gun repair?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Next

Return to Mayhem