Get in touch with your inner self... (RP Disc)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Get in touch with your inner self... (RP Disc)

Postby Drayco on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Well, since Mayhem RPs move slower than molasses in a New England december, I AM GOING TO RUN TWO because I'm just that boundlessly full of creativity and ideas. And my IRL gaming group is going slowish, but hey, more fun for you guys.

Is anyone here familiar with... Persona? Yes? Maybe? Awesome.
And don't worry, all you who don't know a thing about Persona 4 or the SMT and Persona series(es). Due to the nature of this RP, you don't have to. All you have to know is how to play your character, the rest will make sense as it goes along.

~ ~ ~

11/21, 2011

A strange fog moves in from the ocean over the town of Inaba, in the Tottori province of Japan. Over the course of the next month, it slowly starts to spread over the town, baffling weather experts at the Tottori University of Environmental Studies. Regardless, it's just fog, so nobody pays it too much mind.

12/24, 2011

A series of power outages flicker on and off over Inaba.
With all communications out, only the members of the town see what truly happens. Shadowy entities emerge from the fog, and transform into monsters. They run wild in the town, preying on anyone out on the streets. A few people fight back under the leadership of a group of four teenagers, but are overrun by the sheer numbers of the unusual creatures. Far more try to flee, but are caught and devoured all the same. As power outages continue to prevent outgoing communications, the town is reduced to an empty shell by dawn...

And then the fog begins to spread, no one the wiser of what it brings...

~ ~ ~

This game takes place in a kind of "what if?" of an event near the end of Persona 4. The Shadows, spirits of mankind's negative emotions and the like, break out of the world of dreams portrayed in the "TV World" of that game, and overrun into the real world. In the game, this only happens if you fail to capture the true antagonist of the game by then. Meaning that canonically, this doesn't happen.

The what if scenario, however, is that in this version it does.

You will play as high school students at AFS High School, in Tottori (city), the capital of the Tottori prefecture. AFS is well known for foreign exchange programs to their school, and many of the students there aspire to go on to further their education at one of the two universities in the city. As the most populous city in the least populated part of japan, it's more like a big suburb next to the beach.
Particularly, you will all be members of the TUES Club, which unironically meets on tuesdays. Its a club for students who want to go on to study at the Tottori University of Environmental Studies... or those who just wanted some extra credit that looks really good on your college applications.

The RP starts on 12/24, with everyone on their last day of school before Christmas Break gives them a big long 2 day weekend (12/24 is a Saturday, Japanese schools only have Sundays off for normal weeks)! To make it even better, there's an assembly today with a man speaking about interpersonal relationships, anti-bullying, and friendship to anyone who wants to attend. And by that I mean practically everyone because it gets you out of half of your classes for the day, as long as you hand in the personality test given out at the assembly to your next class teacher.
So a day with only half classes, AND right before Christmas break?
Awesome.

~ ~ ~

Bio Format
Code: Select all
[i]Name:[/i]
[i]Grade:[/i]
[i]Birthdate:[/i]
[i]Appearance:[/i] (Also, what they generally wear when not in uniform)
[i]Hobbies/Interests:[/i]
[i]Weapon of Choice:[/i] (or, alternatively, what would be the first thing they'd pick up in a fight)
[i]Backstory:[/i]

[i]Life's Goal:[/i] (What your character's dream is, what they want to do with their life. It can be as silly as you want, as long as it's true, these are high schoolers after all.)
[i]Greatest Strength:[/i] (What your character's greatest personal strength is, something they take pride in most of all.)
[i]Greatest Weakness:[/i] (Something your character has as a personal flaw, whether they're aware of it or not. Like a fear or phobia or something they're uncomfortable about, something that can be overcome over the course of the RP.)

Yes, I'm aware this is a Persona RP and the bio has nothing about the Personas.
Yes, you'll get them.
You'll just have to wait and see how... :D
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Re: Get in touch with your inner self... (RP Disc)

Postby nokvok on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:25 pm

This sounds a bit like horror thriller genre... or am I mistaken?
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Kinda?
The games are based on psychology, but to an extent yeah they play out fairly horror/thrillerish.

THIS game, however, much more so. Well... like a psychological thriller scenario crossed with a japanese high school anime. Crossed with my own brand of insane, of course.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:06 am

Interesting. I'll have to see if I can come up with something.

And feel free to bonk me on the head every time you see me and remind me to do something with Avery.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:37 pm

The kool wrote:Interesting. I'll have to see if I can come up with something.

And feel free to bonk me on the head every time you see me and remind me to do something with Avery.

*BONK*

DO SOMETHING.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:38 am

You already know I'm interested.

look shut up okay you know i cant resist persona dammit
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dreaju on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Hello. It's a been a while. I think the last time I was here was in a December.

I don't know about Persona 4, but I'm playing through Persona 3. This looks like an interesting plot.
Dreaju
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby nightshadow on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Oh man oh man, I love Persona too much, I can feel it happening...
I am a shadow...the true self...

Name: Daisuke Onozuka
Grade: Junior
Birthdate: 12/27
Appearance: Daisuke has a sort of hipster thing going on, with his obviously messy-but-still-styled brownish hair; he wears his uniform buttoned mostly up, but with the top left unbuttoned. Out of school, he wears a variety of stylish outfits, but never anything too pretentious.
Hobbies/Interests: Writing short stories; he hopes to become a writer. He holds his friends in high regards.

Weapon of Choice: Anything bat- or club- or sword-like. Anything that allows him to keep his distance.
Backstory: Daisuke's from a pretty rich family, and used to live on Tatsumi Port Island, and was all set to go to the local private Gekkoukan High School, when many of the people in Iwatodai became afflicted with Apathy Syndrome. His overprotective mother was worried and left the big city for somewhere a bit more rural. Her recently divorced husband and Daisuke's father begged her not to go, and then begged Daisuke not to go with her, but Daisuke was just waiting for an excuse to get away from his father. Daisuke started going to the local high school instead a nice private one; a fact he makes little comment on.

Life's Goal:To be successful and wealthy person.
Greatest Strength: A vast imagination and drive to get ahead.
Greatest Weakness: Daisuke is somewhat of a compulsive lier. He lies about many things, often for now good reason. It's not any kind of mental disorder, or anything like that, but lieing about little things just seems to come more naturally that any truth.

Daisuke's a lot more complicated than this little dichotomy can show, so I'd rather play him than talk about him.
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Drayco on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:15 am

Welp, I already like this guy. Approved!
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:46 pm

I'm definitely still accepting people, it just seems like Mayhem's finally dead... :okthen:
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:10 am

It would be hilarious if that were an actual dude who just really wants to share the wonders of Cymbalta with us.

Mayhem's not dead, but it's certainly not alive either, which may or may not be for the best.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Seems so :( I've tried getting people back in, but I'm not as active as I use to be either.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:11 pm

I've been pondering turning it into a chat RP if there's only going to be like three people. Sessions whenever people are about and all. But I can still see this working with a small group if everyone's up for it.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Return to Mayhem