[Disc] Golden Sun RP

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Interest check - Golden Sun RP

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat May 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Impressive. I've only watched the first few. Does he actually finish the game in those 37 videos or should I find a different let's play on youtube to watch for completeness.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sat May 07, 2011 3:50 pm

It's unfinished, though I'm tempted to mention to him to finish it up...though I hope for his sake that it isn't that hard to resume it. ^_^;;
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Sun May 08, 2011 3:04 am

Part three is up: more world detail and - GASP! - a bio format! It's almost starting to look like a proper RP.

Also, as long as you're chatting with AM, tell him to get his butt back in Mayhem. :D
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Sun May 08, 2011 9:01 pm

My name has been spoken and thus do I arise from the aether.

Yeah, Finals are over so I should have a bit more free time. Don't expect too much of me, tho. Mayhem is a bit of a timesink and I have college to deal with. Still, Golden Sun. My interest has been suitably piqued and I can prolly make a decent character in a decent amount of time.

Oh, also, the LP is unfinished because I do not have a mic. Also the quality is kind of crap, so I'm considering deleting everything and starting over.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Sun May 08, 2011 9:02 pm

IT LIVES!!!

Yeah, I may show more definite interest. It depends on how busy I stay over the next little while.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sun May 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Hrrmm....starting over on the LP? Not a bad choice, especially since it does kinda show age a bit...^_^;;

good to see ya here, AM. I'm gettin' a bio figured out myself, so we'll see how soon I post it. ^_^
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Re: [Disc] Golden Sun RP

Postby ChroniclerC on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Only bump I'm gonna give this. If you're interested and you know all you need to know, bio format is in the first post. If you're interested, but need to know a bit more please tell me. I would like to take a serious shot at this, but it needs players.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:24 pm

Dibs on Proxian. Fire nothwithstanding.

Name: Cydora
Element: Mercury
Appearance: As a villager of Prox, 'Cyd' as he tends to be called looks distinctly nonhuman. His skin is a shade somewhere between white, gray, and blue, and has deep blue scales across his shoulders, back, and parts of his chest. His hair is similarly a shade of vibrant royal blue, and is shortish and swept back, with the longer parts kept back in a short ponytail. He's also a fairly big guy for his 18 years of age, standing a bit over 6 feet tall and built like... well, someone who lives in the woods and does tons of physical training. A pair of bluish spikes curl onto his face under each eye, as most proxians usually have such facial patterns.
Cyd usually dresses in black, blue, and various leathers, and rarely wears sleeves.

Personality:
In short, a very humble, generally kind loner, however he does have a vicious temper if you push him into a fight.
In particular, he's actually a bit self-conscious about being an Adept - specifically because of being the only Proxian adept not aligned to Mars that he's ever met. He holds any Mars adepts in high regard, and considers himself weaker for not being able to use fire himself. One of the main drives for his personal training is that he thinks that with enough training, the Dragon of Mars will grant him the power to use fire psynergy. This led to him spending much of his time on his own out in the frozen northlands or around the Mars lighthouse, so he's very much a loner. He's come to New Vale, however, largely because his parents and friends wanted him to stop being so lonesome and reclusive, so they're dragging him off under the guise of testing what he's learned.
And so, alongside the merchants from Prox, as well as his two best friends - two young members of the Mars Clan, Kalgarn and Farisa - Cydora travels to New Vale.

Fighting Style: (Class: Brawler) He specializes in unarmed combat from his years of personal training, and tends to stick to knuckles and claw weapons in battle to augment his martial arts. However, as he grew up as a warrior in Prox, he still has much of the toughness and training it involves, letting him use lighter armors, axes, and swords. In combat, he favors strong attacks and short combos, though he's fairly agile too.
~ Main Weakness: Inability to use heavy armor or shields to protect himself as most melee combatants do.
~ Main Strength: Can hit harder and faster than most melee fighters.
~ Class Progression: Brawler, Monk, Dragon

Possessions: Clothes, leather gloves, fur-lined boots, a light leather breastplate for armor, a strong leather backpack, a hatchet and knife for utility, a couple healing herbs in a pouch at his belt, and some coin to spend.

Psynergy Style: Lacks a variety of the bigger, flashier powers that most Adepts use, instead generally using powers that rely on physical ability as much as his mind. What 'blasty' powers he has have limited ranges of effect, in exchange for focused power. In addition, his psynergy has a unique quality from his training, in that it's kindred to his own life energy, allowing him the ability to heal as well - though like with his other powers, limited range, stronger effect. As a downside to his 'lively' psynergy and how he trained himself, his powers require physical motion to perform, so while the flashy parts aren't visible to non-Adepts, he's CLEARLY doing something. It might be passed off as just really cool martial arts though.

Specific Psynergy:
~ Waterfall (Attack, Focused) - Creates a dragon-shaped blast of ice and water to explode up under a target like a steamy geyser, and launch them into the air. He follows by leaping up high after them and punching or kicking them, redirecting the geyser-dragon to send them back to the ground with explosive force.
~ Steam (Attack, Balanced) - Fires ice shards at a small area or a couple targets with a punching gesture, then rapidly melts the ice straight into pressurized steam.
~ Surge (Heal, Focused) - Surges a target's life energy with psynergy. Heals a single target for a little bit of health, and cures them of status effects ailing them.

~~ Blue Dragon Strike (Advanced, Super-Focused) - Physical attack charged with Mercury Psynergy, wreathing him in bluish fire as it's cast. On a hit, the energy condenses and freezes the target in ice, and a second strike soon after shatters the ice with an explosion of steam and glowing Mercury energy. Might knock out an opponent instantly or stun them from the shock, in addition to the heavy damage.
~~ Blue Dragon's Roar (Advanced, Buff) - Focuses his own life energy with psynergy, temporarily increasing his strength, defense, and alignment with Mercury. His physical appearance changes slightly in this form, becoming a bit larger and his draconic features more prominent (scales and such).

NOTES:
- Kalgarn, often shortened to Kal, is a male member of the Mars clan, and is about 17 years old. Young and brash and a very good Adept, he's got a generally red coloration, he generally wields twin daggers or short swords. In combat, he fights more or less like a mage, using a number of blasty-type psynergy. He also knows a skill to increase an ally's physical strength, but he usually only uses that on Marida. The two of them usually train together, and are a good team in combat.
- Farisa, often shortened to Fari, is a 15 year old female member of the Mars clan, with a greenish and blue coloration and light green hair. Though she's barely five and a half feet tall, she's not to be taken lightly, as she's usually wearing a strong metal breastplate and wielding a really big greataxe. She's a powerful melee combatant, in addition to using a psyenergy that looks like breathing fire. She also likes hugs, and is otherwise a very kindhearted person. Just be aware that she's strong enough to wield that axe in one hand if she needs to...
Last edited by Drayco on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:53 pm

The one thing that gives me pause is the Steam power and its ability to generate heat and melt ice. Mercury psynergy makes things colder, not warmer. That said, it could just as easily break and shatter ice, which is more-or-less the same thing for our purposes.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby BahamutWings on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:01 pm

I am showing interet in this thread, if it's not already dead. Will post character tomorrow.

Edit: Haven't decided on a name, however, I've mostly got the appearance down. I'll work on it some more when I get to my friends house.
Edit: Decided on a name, after I got home from said friends house, filled out the rest of the sheet.
Edit: Fixed the Psynergy names and what not.

Name: Koori Suishou (Ice Crystal)
Element: Mercury (Water).
Appearance:
Height: 5'10
Weight: 154 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Blue
Eye Color: Brown
Physique: Build of a light weight lifter; obvious that he pulls his weight around town.
Clothing: Black boots, beige pants, blue long sleeved shirt that hangs down to his thighs with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, black sleeveless trench coat with pouch-like pockets which hangs down past his knees, and a brown leather belt over the trench coat.

Personality: Calm and reserved. Hard to upset, and usually doesn't speak unless spoken too.

History: Koori is an ordinary resident from Vault. Koori has been to the Vault Dungeon, Vault, and Vale. Koori is at the festival because he felt it would be a nice place to visit during the festival.

Fighting Style: Koori uses a long sword for combat and is quite skilled with it.
Psynergy Style: Like his name suggests, Koori is more adept with using ice style psynergy.

Possessions: Koori owns a book about the history of Psynergy, which he carries in one pocket, and a few herbs and antidotes in the other. He also owns a Long Sword which is kept in a red sheath on his back.

Specific Psynergy:

-Basic: Fill object with water

-Ice Horn (Attack, Focused) - Conjures an icicle(s) from the ground or from above the enemy and skewers said enemy.
-Hail Prism (Attack, Ballanced) - Attacks with a wave of hail.
-Cure Well (Heal, Focused) - Heals a single person or creature.

-Ice Missile (Advanced, Super-Focused) - Enemies are struck and impaled with large and sharp pieces of ice. Enemies hit by this attack are heavily damaged, killed, or frozen for a short period of time.
-Pure Wish (Advanced, Heal) - Heal the team greatly from all physical wounds.
Last edited by BahamutWings on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
Rest in peace Lohti... It was nice knowing you...

Brawl Taunts: The first rule of Fur Fagotry... You DON'T recover
Jesse GoA: Jim was busy doing his 'I landed upright and you suckers didn't' dance.
catldr24: And if that was too mature, D) Shut up. Rest of the argument.

Current Avatar - Zephyros Vardar
My FF Page- [link]

ImageImage
|Current EXP 5590|Next Level 360 EXP| (But keeps track anyway)
BahamutWings
Keenspot Despot

Postby The kool on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Oh yeah this, I remember. Yeah it sounded interesting. Consider me officially interested... maybe I'll stick with it, since we aren't going into the summer where I might be gone multiple weeks >.>

You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:10 am

why is your bio in spoilers i dont even

Also, my bio got eated by my computer committing seppuku. This seems dead, which is a shame, but if it isn't I'll re-build the bio asap.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChroniclerC on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:18 am

Hey, if you guys can rez it, go for it.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby BahamutWings on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:10 am

So how many people were you thinking n starting with?

Jesse GoA: Jim was busy doing his 'I landed upright and you suckers didn't' dance.

My FF Page- [link]

ImageImage
BahamutWings
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChroniclerC on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:02 pm

As many players as I can get.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby BahamutWings on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Any critique on my character? Haven't made one for this series ever.

My FF Page- [link]

ImageImage
BahamutWings
Keenspot Despot

Postby The kool on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:01 pm

I'll make a character some time this week.

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChroniclerC on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:00 am

I'd like more descriptive details in the Fighting Style and Psynergy Style, and a bit more extrapolation in his History would be nice if you can come up with it.

Also, while the detailed psynergy stuff is totally optional, you messed up a few things: Move is Earth-aligned (so no can haz), and you must have at least two "basic" attacks. Buffs don't come in "wide" or "focused" flavors, they're just buffs (same for debuffs). No such thing as a "super-balanced" advanced attack, nor do heals get wider than "wide", although I get the gist on both accounts.

And fair warning, I may veto psynergy names to mesh with stuff that already exists in-game. Such as using Ply and Wish instead of "Healing Aura" and "Uber Healing Aura".
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Previous

Return to Mayhem