"Sigil Prep" RP - First Day (Monday, 10/1)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: "Sigil Prep" RP - New Student Orientation (Friday, 9/28)

Postby Drayco on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:00 pm

The Dean gestures to said froggy girl. "Yes?"
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:32 pm

((Kat))

From near Tyrone, a slightly muffled snicker can be heard as the shock snaps out at him. The young woman in a sailor's frock coat and breeches standing near Thog is trying to hide her grin politely behind a hand, but a bit of a laugh managed to sneak out anyway.
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:01 pm

"Thank you Dean," Keri says as she calmly stands to ask her question. Her voice, though clearly feminine, is deeper than one might expect from such a short and sweet looking young lady and sounds so hoarse that you might swear she was born a chain-smoker ((she does not smoke)). It is just the sort of voice one would expect a frog person to have. "I was going to ask about student volunteer programs and extracurricular advancement opportunities, but after that last question I have to ask," she says getting an excited look in her eyes, "ME NEXT ME NEXT. THAT LIGHTNING BOLT WAS SO HOP AND COOL. PEW-KATHOOM-POW," She says waving her arms wildly and making grandious hand gestures indicating a lightning strike. When she finishes pantomiming an explosion she continues "IT WOULD BE A GREAT HONOR AND MAKE A WONDERFUL TALE IF I COULD SAY THE DEAN GAVE ME A PERSONAL BLESSING OF LIGHTNING ON MY FIRST DAY. KYA~" Keri seems overly enthusiastic about the idea of getting struck by the dean's lightning and she seems to be exhibiting signs of fangirlism.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:22 am

The Dean blinks. Then again. Then a couple times more. "...uhm. Right. Well...that wasn't quite a blessing, but alright."

The dean snaps, and a little lightning bolt appears from a tiny cloud above Keri's head, and she gets a very large static jolt. She'll find that the next weapon she wields in combat (or spell, or her fists if she uses them), will discharge a similar jolt of lightning to whoever she hits... or likewise when SHE is next hit in combat. Whichever comes first. She doesn't know any of that though.

"There we go. As for extracurriculars, signups for those will pop up as the term goes on. Any other questions, or are you all more interested in reacquainting with your luggage and finding where you'll be sleeping?"

((Do keep track of that, Sleepy.))
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:32 am

As Reginald listened to the dean, his mind began to wander. First to the orc who was truck by lightning, then to the lightning the dean had managed to create. It didn't take long for him to start thinking about how one could use such mastery of lightning. His thoughts continued throughout the question and answer session, only stopping at the mention of his items being returned to him. Getting his things back was fresh in his mind now, as well as thoughts of his accommodations. He was starting to get a little anxious, wanting to get settled in and explore the campus.
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Tyrone sighs as he realizes he is in a place where mortal life is regarded with such casual dismisal. He takes Thog by the armpits and drags him off to a secluded corner, or the closest equivalent and arranged his body in a dignified manner.
Last edited by Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon May 02, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:29 pm

And just nearby where Tyrone places the deceased Orc, a golden-brown hued catgirl with rather carefully and meticulously maintained white robes designed to fit close but not terribly snug was standing. She'd been there the whole time and judging by her beautiful countenance it was a minor wonder no-one had taken notice immediately, though with the races all there it may be actually viable due to how varied the students actually were. She looks to Tyrone as he places the Orc down, muttering to herself, "Not the right thing to do without asking, but a decent choice nonetheless..." she then raises a single hand into the air, hopping onto her tiptoes so it could be seen from so far in the back of the mass of students.

'I hope this query will not anger the Dean...I'm no fighter, and I came here solely for learning to heal others. Maybe he'll show mercy for one devoted to undoing the damage and harm he so willingly inflicts on others...' Selene thinks to herself.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:32 pm

"Yes?" The Dean replies, gesturing all the way back to her.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Selene carefully lowers her hand before calling out, "Is there a proper alternative for those of us who are not here to become destined warriors or spellcasters meant for battle? I don't like violence nearly as much as you seem to, sir." 'Rrrgh...bad move, bad move...don't do that again, or he'll look at you funnier than right now...try to make him think you're here to at least cause some ruckus at least, girl...or just don't say it, but imply it...or try to imply it? ah, this is hard to do...fitting in with people who are much more danger-inclined...'
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Having watched Tyrone drag off the apparently dead Orc, Katarina finds herself looking in the right direction to see the newest interruption keeping her from a much needed chance to get settled in. She gives the catgirl an appraising glance until she speaks up, then shakes her head in exasperation while muttering under her breath.

"Bloody pacifists."
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:50 am

"A profound question, my dear. I believe you were to major in Divine Doctrine? A healer does not need to be proficient in battle, nor is battle the only thing Adventurers do. Those of you thinking that pacifism isn't an appropriate lifestyle, you are sorely mistaken." Apparently his hearing is really, REALLY good. "Without healers, the adventurer dies from his wounds once the battle is won. Without artificers, the adventurer has no equipment with which to wage his battles in the first place. The world has need for pacifists, noncombatants, healers, artificers, and adventurers who care only for the well-being of others, as much as it does gallant warriors, spellcasters, and the occasional assassin. Sigil Prep exists to teach ALL adventurers, so they will be most successful on whatever paths they may walk."

He looks over to Tyrone. "Also, we have spells for raising the dead on standby at the nurse's office, you know. I'm not going to just LEAVE him dead."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:49 am

((Davarioc))
For a toola, the Dean expressed a surprising amount of insight, found Davarion, for a toola. It might be much less strenuous learning here than he expected.
Either way there were no general questions left for the Black Orc to ask, and the details were something the gathering as a whole didn't need to be bothered with... time to proceed... and thus Davarioc turned to Reginald, who had spoke to him before, and threw his head back, letting out a barked grunt... it was a similar gesture as before.
Then the Black Orc turned and began to slowly stroll off toward the exit.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Drayco wrote:"More or less." Says the flying guy. "Name's Drayco Sutarousha, by the way."

"Avery Swiftwing, I believe my name translates to in your language." The winged Elf nods in greeting at Drayco.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Selene nods, feeling mildly abashed by having asked that query. She stops standing on her tiptoes, returning to her relatively average height and disappearing from view for most people farther up the crowd in distance. She shirks back from the crowd, mostly just trying to hide herself now that a few people had taken particular notice of her.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:35 am

Drayco smiles. "We'll have to go flying sometimes. Yer a warrior, I can tell by your hands."

~ ~ ~

"...well, I guess that will be all then. I look forward to seeing what Sigil has in store for you all. May your adventures be many, and your encounters profitable!"

Another bout of arcane gestures and magical effects, and the Dean of Destiny vanishes in the same shamelessly flashy set of runes and lightning that he teleported in by. Showoff.

~ ~ ~

The students all slowly head towards the doors, at which... there is a particular suit of armor standing before them that looks different from all the others. This one is more humanoid, and his armor has golden bits here and there, mixed with what looks like wood and ceramic materials where the other armors merely have glowing exposed joints. His forearms are MUCH larger and more ornate than the other armors as well... and his helm is far more detailed, less a helmet and more a metal head with a clear mouth and eyes, and a mane of very brightly blonde hair sticking out from below a nearly matching golden plate on the back of it.
...And then those eyes open, gleaming with a pale golden light as they take on an almost visibly happy shape, and his metal mouth slightly turns into a smile... as much as a metal face can, at least. "Hello there, Firstyears. I am Auren of Cannith, head Residential Adjudicator of Ghalland Hall, where the lot of you will be staying for the duration of your Firstyear. If you will all follow me..."

Auren doesn't allow any pause for questions, and soon the group is led to a rather simple brick and white marble building roughly three stories high. Anyone looking closely will see that it has a "U" shape - the front of the building is curved, with two wings leading off of it. Anyone who looks up, however, will see an utterly massive gargoyle statue right over the front doors, easily the size of a pickup truck with arms and legs, carved to have angelic wings with a flame pattern to the feathers, despite the otherwise demonic appearance. A large black marble sign is out front with gold lettering all over it:
[quote=The Sign]Ghalland Hall

Graciously donated by former alumni, Jorasco Ghalland Hospitalier of the Silver Pheonix.[/quote]

The students are called off by names, and are soon organized into groups based on where their rooms were apparently assigned, all the students present really getting a chance to see all the diversity of this class. Humans, elves, halflings, orcs, at least two catlike people, at least three people with wings, and even a rather pale goblin off to one side right next to what looks like a young ogre with blue skin and vibrant red hair.
Once these groups are organized, each group is told to head immediately to the lobby on a certain floor to meet their floor's RA's, who will hand out room assignments. Those who this story shall be focusing on, are all conveniently in the group who will be staying on the third floor.

The front door is a simple set of double glass and stone doors, which immediately open into a pair of stairwells on the left and right. Heading up them, they open into a nicely carpeted lounge area, with a pool table, elves-and-orcs-themed foosball table, and many couches of different shapes and sizes. And in this room are a pair of people... a tallish human man, and a woman with wings and horns.

((Atashi, Kool? That's Lapis and Bill. You've just been chosen from your applications for the job this morning, and have only been told about an hour ago by Auren that you'll be rooming with a member of the opposite gender. Lapis has a scroll with the room listings (*PM'd*), and you probably haven't done much in the past hour but moving your stuff into the rooms. Use PM or AIM if you want to work out anything else. Go!))
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:39 am

Mia had been listening carefully to the introductory speech by the Dean (especially after that Orc had gotten himself zapped), and looking around at the other students (possibly more different types of people than she had ever imagined existed).

Just as it occurred to her that she had a question to ask, the Dean vanished. Oh, vhai it. I was going to ask what the school policy is on clothing. She sighed. Oh, well, I can ask someone later, I guess. She followed the others as they headed into the hall, and up the stairs. I just hope it's cooler in the dorms...
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:36 pm

Avery stays near the flying guy as they get herded toward the dorms. "Among other things, yes. I do also have the delicate touch required for glass and crystal work, which is highly prized among my people." He examines his hands, wondering if they were as callous as was implied.

~ ~ ~

As the group walked up, the man could be heard complaining wearily to the woman next to him. "Always at the last minute! Everything they do. I know they plan things out further in advance than this. Just once, couldn't they give us a little more advance warning? I'm going to have to reschedule my entire week."
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Selene is herded with the others, generally curious and wondering what sort of people she'll be roomed with.

~ ~ ~

Lapis glances aside to her 'partner' for the moment, giving a slight roll of her eyes at his moaning about scheduling, "Seriously, you planned a week ahead of time? Try more flexibility, ze? I'm sure your entire week won't get that bad." She pulls up the scroll she'd had at her side, opening it for both to look at, "By the way, their advance warning is giving you little time to notice it...that's why I'm not as strict as you are on schedules." The draconian-looking female shuffles her wings around and latches them around her neck, looking much like a cape. She's obviously waiting for the new students to calm down before calling out the room assignments.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Avery's hands are his hands. Maybe the blonde guy's just loopy, or maybe he's seeing more than is actually there?
Drayco shrugs... then ponders as he gets to the lounge, looking around. He then floats up out of the crowd, sitting crosslegged in midair again. "Hey, not to rush you guys up there, but who's in room 3D? I wanna see if I got the same room again." He says with a smile.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Lapis looks up and frowns at the sight of Drayco, "Why are you in this dorm.....?" she immediately complains, before looking aside to her compatriot for any sort of support on this. She then reconsiders the gesture and quickly looks back down to the scroll in hand, "Ahem! Okay, all you gents and ladies, listen up!" she calls out, more than loudly enough to be heard down the hallway. "I'm sure to note that you all think this will be co-ed rooming, which is definitively NOT THE CASE. You are split up with both genders, all the males will be down the West Wing in the rooms 3A through 3F. Likewise mirroring this, all you ladies will be down the East Wing in 3G through 3L." her wings appropriately detach and point these directions out for those who still can't hear her voice, now that it's down to a more palatable tone, "I will read off all the room assignments. Should you ever need to contact me or Ser Bill, we are located in the room in front of you at 3RA. Note that I will not tolerate random barging in without due and just cause, this will be monitored by Bill since I expect a learning Paladin to know his laws about school policies and he will most likely have a similar way of reacting...or at least I would hope so for his sake." she mutters the last bit more than low enough that it's only likely for Bill himself to hear it, "If there are no objections right now, I will start with reading off the room assignments." She states, looking aside at Bill in case he feels so inclined to add anything.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Drayco smirks, but then floats back down to a normal standing height level so others can see. He's still sitting in midair, but at least he's still at a normal eye level.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 pm

Mia listened attentively. Maybe the dragon-woman would be the best person to ask. After she had her room assigned, of course. And a change of clothing - she was definitely starting to feel overheated. The outfit she had on was appropriate for an autumn morning back home, but here the sleeveless yellow top (someone had said that it was "canary yellow", but since she didn't know what a "canary" was, this meant nothing to her) and blue shorts were starting to feel excessively warm.

She edged forward a little, ears swivelling in the direction of the dragon-woman to hear better. I just hope I get a room-mate whose idea of a "comfortable temperature" is less than a Northern summer...
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:02 pm

As Drayco floats above the crowd, Likal takes the opportunity to leap down from his friend's shoulders to one of the comfy couches, where he promptly splays out.
Atashi-Cloud wrote:Lapis looks up and frowns at the sight of Drayco, "Why are you in this dorm.....?" she immediately complains, before looking aside to her compatriot for any sort of support on this.

"Really don't wanna talk about it," the fox mutters.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:24 pm

Content to follow the group, Kat is spending more time taking in her surroundings than really paying attention to the others until they reach the dorms. While Lapis sorts herself out, the former Waterdhavian is busy eying the goblin across the way with some curiosity, before shrugging to herself and turning back to the dracoform to await a room assignment.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby nokvok on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:56 pm

((Davarioc, Runeguard Coliseum -> House Ghalland, floor 3, lounge)
Davarioc had been equally occupied with the surrounding rather than the trotting mass of new students, not joining into chatter or introductions.
Despite his stature, the short height and a life long of living in a giant, crowded community made the Black Orc blend in quite well, at least optically. Only now that they reached the lounge, Davarioc began to eye his fellow floor-mates with a certain level of interest, having the rare gift of dual tasking, he wasn't even in danger to miss his name... and no, he didn't have objections.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem