"Sigil Prep" RP - First Day (Monday, 10/1)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: "Sigil Prep" RP - New Student Orientation (Friday, 9/28)

Postby Drayco on Wed May 11, 2011 10:43 am

"Drayco Sutarousha." He says, grinning. "Remind me to spar with you sometime. Anyway, I'm gonna get the tour together, seeya round?"
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu May 12, 2011 10:19 am

Room 3L
Mia finished brushing out her fur, and carefully combed the fur out of the brush, before returning it. "Thanks, Selene."

She studied the pawful of loose fur for a moment, before wadding it up and tucking it into one of the pockets of her belt. "Isn't there supposed to be a tour of some sort today? You know, showing everyone how to find the eating facilities and the bathing facilities and such?"
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu May 12, 2011 10:38 am

Room 3L

Selene nods, "Yeah, as far as I remember there should be one soonish." She states, taking the brush back and placing it carefully away. She gets up to go look out the doorway, glancing down the hallway to the end to see if there was anyone gathered yet.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Re: "Sigil Prep" RP - First Day (Monday, 10/1)

Postby Drayco on Thu May 12, 2011 10:55 am

A tour happens shortly after, where Drayco shows everyone the rest of the building, including the bathing area. The bathing area is indeed very expansive, but as it's a single public bath... "You guys with modesty issues? Get over em quick, this place is busy at all hours of the day, its pretty much impossible to get time to yourself."

Mia's room remains locked for the day, and she ends up crashing with Selene and Kat for the night.

Saturday, Auren comes up and unlocks the room, allowing Mia to get to her luggage... and then later that day, to find that the door's been magically locked. Facepalms all around. Mia spends another night in 3L, her stuff still unavailable.

Sunday, Auren again apologizes, and spends the day making a new key, as well as making a note to get the doors made immune to magical LOCKING spells, as well as the magical unlocking spells they already ignore. He does, however, magically transfer all of Mia's stuff into 3L. Mia spends ANOTHER night with the catgirl and the Kat-girl, making Room 3L officially dubbed a cat house by several others on the floor.
The skittish other catgirl in the mage robes, however, manages to be completely hidden throughout the entire weekend.

The weekend otherwise involves a large number of workshops and tours of the grounds, which will not be fully detailed until the GM gets a computer with a working copy of photoshop to make some damn maps.
The cafeteria building proves to have very hearty Inn type food, probably because it's designed to resemble a medieval Inn. Neat.

For the most part the weekend is otherwise boring, excluding Drayco starting up a game of frisbee in the courtyard on sunday night, which rapidly turned into Avery and Drayco just showing off that they can fly and nobody else can.

~ ~ ~

Monday morning!

Everyone's adventuring gear is returned to their rooms, magically, overnight... as nobody really brought anything distinctly magical or really expensive. The effect is everyone waking up with a pile of neatly organized stuff in the middle of the floor, with no idea when it got there. Freaky.
In addition, a rolled scroll tied with a ribbon and a name on the attached tag, sits on each pile of stuff. Unrolling them, the students find class schedules, with the monday class they all have starting at noon.

Tyrone's armor is not among the stuff, however, and instead there's a note on top of the rest of his stuff in neat handwriting.

Mia's pile appears in 3L, as well as a key, and a note.

~ ~ ~

Unless anyone wakes up early, damn near everyone will be woken up around 9 AM by a BLARING AIR HORN SOUND, followed by a muffled "You... suck... Auren..." from the men's wing.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu May 12, 2011 11:10 am

Mia had taken part in the Frisbee game, her natural feline agility and reflexes giving her something of an advantage over most of the other non-fliers. Even she dropped out, though, once Drayco and Avery took the game to heights beyond even her abilities.

The Cat House Room 3L
One of the catgirls having rather sensitive hearing, the wake-up call produced a spectacular result.

Mia's reaction consisted of her leaping into the air (and almost hitting her head on the ceiling), accompanied by a yell of "WHAT THE FWAU WAS THAT?!" loud enough to be heard at least halfway down the corridor. If her roomies were not woken by the air horn, they certainly were now.

Calming down a little (which meant that her fur was still fluffed out, but her claws had retracted back in), she found her stuff, and read the note.
Last edited by OzLionHeart on Thu May 12, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu May 12, 2011 11:30 am

Room 3L

Selene was up early, mostly as her routine had her waking up at least at 7 am to wash up and then using the subsequent hour and a half to dry off and brush out her fur. She was about finished and putting on her clothes when the air horn sounded, her ears quickly folding back against her head to muffle the loud sound and the subsequent yell from Mia. Surprisingly enough, Selene had put away all of her stuff and dropped the scroll on her bedside table without thinking, only now did she notice that it was all back and she smiles lightly at Mia, "Well, good morning to you too. So, it seems we all get our stuff back now..." she mutters, glancing to the off-white duffel bag with a few old dried splatters of blood on it that was partly tucked underneath her bed. 'I should pay more attention to where I put my stuff, this looks really unnecessarily creepy...perhaps I should wash off those old stains with magic once I've learned that? Or just have someone else do it, really.'

~ ~ ~

RA's Room

Lapis looks up as she hears the Air horn, having not slept a wink at all last night due to the fact she had to help sort out who's stuff was whose when it was teleported up. Or rather, she had to have Mia's stuff redirected thanks to the difficulties the Sun Elf was causing. Thankfully, she was still in a good mood at the moment, which is to say she wasn't all that fond of looking forward to seeing people again. "First day of classes...they better learn where to go quickly, or I'm going to stop wanting to help them out." she grumbles, sounding rather dark with it all.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Thu May 12, 2011 11:54 am

Room 3A

Avery awoke with a jolt, staring around for the source of the horn and the yell. As soon as he realized what it was, partly thanks to the grumbling from Drayco's room, he quickly composed himself, steeling himself once more to ignore the Orc. So far that had been going quite well. Aside from a few times when their being together had been unavoidable, mostly he had been avoiding him, particularly spending a lot of time out on the balcony, where, as far as he was aware, the Orc had not figured out how to get to yet.

This morning, he immediately set himself to the task of getting dressed, particularly fitting his shirt on around his wings, before turning to his gear and stowing it, examining each piece carefully to make sure it was still fine. He had given the same careful treatment to the rest of his stuff when he had arrived, particularly his small assortment of crystal figurines, which were now sitting on a shelf above his bed. He glanced up at them in his work, pausing for a moment, then continued checking his gear.

RA Room

Bill moaned into his pillow. "But it can't be morning yet, I haven't slept any... Can't they make morning come later here?" He rolls over onto his back, muttering curses and wishes that his god would smite Auren into a zillion tiny pieces each unable to make a sound. "Well, the year has officially begun, and we're behind on sleep already. Typical."
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu May 12, 2011 11:55 am

Room 3L
Mia turned at the sound of Selene's voice, to see the other catgirl smiling at her. "Uh... morning, Selene. Sorry about the yell." Mia's ears folded over in embarrassment, the insides turning a deep crimson colour. "I don't like loud noises, especially when they're used as a wake-up call."

She quickly dug into the leather-covered trunk that served as her luggage, and produced a brush, which she used to bring her fur back into order. "Ahem. Right. So, first classes today, right? What do you have?"
Last edited by OzLionHeart on Thu May 12, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu May 12, 2011 12:15 pm

RA Room

"It's not like I could allow you to smite him on sight right now, Bill...besides, I find his alarm sound rather refreshing for a reminder to stay awake." Lapis states, still sounding rather dark and foreboding, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go see who's up right now since first classes are at Noon. I don't know about ours yet, but I hope we have them at a different hour than when we'd likely need sleep." she mutters, heading out of the room to sit in the lounge, taking along a rather small leather-bound book with her and a quill. Once out in the Lounge she sets to writing down a little in her personal journal, keeping very close to the book so it's really hard to see what she's writing without directly coming into her personal space.

~ ~ ~

Room 3L

Selene shrugs, then snatches up the scroll on her table and looks it over, "Uhm....Adventuring 101. Sounds basic, I guess. But we all have to start somewhere I suppose..." she grumbles, sounding a little annoyed at something for some reason...'Why would they expect ME to learn how to be an adventurer? I get that this is a school of adventurers, but why would I need it? I've traveled plenty in my years, why would it matter as much?'

OOC: for those unfamiliar with my RP style, italics in single-quotation marks is thoughts. Just figured I'd clear that up since it's been a long time since I last was in an RP. ^^;
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu May 12, 2011 12:26 pm

Room 3L
Mia found her own scroll, and unrolled it. "Huh. I've got that, too. Maybe it's some kind of general introductory course for everyone. I can't think why else I'd be taking it. I'm here to learn how to supply adventurers, not become one."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Thu May 12, 2011 1:00 pm

((Davarioc, The Weekned))
During the tour, and the coming days, his fellow students will get to know Davarioc as patient Black Orc. He is not overly outspoken, but when he talks, he articulates himself fairly well and shows a surprising amount of insight, and indeed education... for an orc. Of course this, and the pride underlining his attitude, makes him come of as slightly arrogant and sort of solipsistic.
For the 'Cafeteria' Davarioc proofed very easy to handle, their inter-worldly nomadic life blessed the Black Orcs with a fairly universal digestion. Meat, Plants, Fresh, dried, rotten, cooked, raw... in times of need Black Orcs had survived by eating soft-cooked wood.
Non the less he seeks out social activity, or at least proximity. And he is a quick learner with the cultural subtleties, and the technological differences.
Following Reks and floaty desert Person's advice, Davarioc tries to get to know a his fellow students, starting with question about their origin, species, culture...
He greatly enjoys the frisbee game, that is, until it turns into a show off for Drayco and Avery... at which point, the Black Orc quits with an ugly, black orcish curse. The first sign of anger he displayed until now.

((Davarioc, Room 3A))
Indeed Davarioc woke up early. With the first ray of light, like every day.
He made use of the time by quietly sorting his remaining luggage and tending to his weapons. Applying a protective balm on the bone axes, the bow and the arrows, hid the 'trading' valuables, except for some easy to carry gems which got stored into the small pouch which hung from the waistband of his loin cloth.
Around seven AM, he strolled downstairs to enjoy about half an hour of extensive personal hygiene in the bathing facilities... a habit he seemed to share with Selene, even though he did not take as much care drying off.
Returning to the room, he would proceed to read in a small, old and battered book... his dark vision not even requiring him to lit a candle, but sufficing with the light shining through the window form the morning sun.
He was very ok with the fact Avery was still sleeping. Their personalities were so similarly chauvinistic, that any amiableness between then was quite improbable.
From Davarioc's side, this roommate-ship would be based on patient ignorance and minimalistic communication. And even though Davarioc by now had a vague Idea of a hidden door in the wall, he gladly left the Balcony all to Avery.

So when the horn shattered and the catgirl yelled, Davavrioc sat on his bed with crossed legs, weapon grade bone axes fixed to his hip and thighs. He looked up from the book her read.. the title was written in Orcish... reached out for the scroll on his pillow to confirm the starting time for today's classes.
A short hrming sound, as he dropped the scroll back again, huffed to his feet, holding a finger into the book to mark the page, and scampered out on of the door onto the corridor and toward the lounge... he had a fairly goo idea of that horns purpose, but where he comes from, shattering horns usually called for battle or something... "Just to wake everyone up?" mumbled he toward Lapis upon arrival, she being just one of the persons he had sought. His voice a little hoarse, this being the first words he used it for today.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu May 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Lounge

"Yes, just for waking up. It's to help those with a habit of hibernating to come out of their sleep more readily." she glances up to Davarioc, giving a weak grin before returning to her writing, "The weekend was mildly entertaining, was it not?" she asks, her wings yet again folded against her back to give off that cape-like look. Actually, it was notable that she'd never even used her wings once during the entire weekend, at least not for flight as they were more used like an extra set of fingers to point out things. "If you're worried about being put on-edge because of old traditions, I'll be the first to let you know that I used to be the same way." she states, sounding less comforting than should be possible at the moment. Then again, she was glaring at Drayco and Avery all throughout their showing-off during frisbee...
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Thu May 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Atashi-Cloud wrote:Room 3L

Selene shrugs, then snatches up the scroll on her table and looks it over, "Uhm....Adventuring 101. Sounds basic, I guess. But we all have to start somewhere I suppose..." she grumbles, sounding a little annoyed at something for some reason...'Why would they expect ME to learn how to be an adventurer? I get that this is a school of adventurers, but why would I need it? I've traveled plenty in my years, why would it matter as much?'

OOC: for those unfamiliar with my RP style, italics in single-quotation marks is thoughts. Just figured I'd clear that up since it's been a long time since I last was in an RP. ^^;

Kat, for her part, is still grumbling in her bunk, getting loose from the tangle of sheets and blankets that have resulted from a half-awake girl trying to leave a bed as if it were a hammock. "If I find whoever is making that noise, I am going to.... *grumble* *mutter* red hot wires *mutter* *grumble * toasted figgin..."
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu May 12, 2011 3:14 pm

3L

Selene looks at Kat curiously, then shrugs it off as 'not a morning person' thing for Kat. She glances to Mia, partly expecting her to get dressed or head down to the showers. 'This is going to be an interesting first day...we have class at noon and from what I could likely guess, everyone here is in it. Though the scheduling feels weird, I'd imagine the time is longer if it's just one day at a time.'
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Thu May 12, 2011 3:56 pm

((Davarioc, floor 3 lounge))
While Lapis talked, Davarioc sat down facing her, still holding the finger in his book. "I am not sure what being put on edge means, but this sure is a strange place with many strange people and customs." He paused a moment, shoving his jaw from side to side. "A bit empty maybe... but it feels like a good place to learn."
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Thu May 12, 2011 4:29 pm

WEEKEND REPORT

Jolitha spent the first night observing the bathroom (from the hallway) as she went over all the mental and physical notes she'd made. From those observations she determined to perform her hygiene routine at 2:37 am. She slept usually from 10:30 pm to 2:30 am, giving her a normal amount of sleep--for her. The rest of her morning was dedicated to stretching, studying, and strategizing in the lounge so as not to wake her roommate. Even at this point she already knew who everyone was, what they were studying, and had a general sketch of their personalities. Jolitha was as social as possible, though she did not partake in the frisbee event. She observed to learn the rules and gauge people and their reactions. She duly noted Davarioc's anger and the significance of it for how calm he remained most times (for an Orc).

MONDAY MORNING (Lounge)

Jolitha returned to her room upon hearing the horn to gather her possessions, which had increased during her absence. She quickly read through her schedule then returned to the Lounge to see the RA Lapis and Davarioc. She glanced at the books and smiled. Books were wonderful sources of information.

"A fair morning to you both," Jolitha said, smiling to them both. Her pale hair was tied out of her face with a thin scarf but it still straight as wheat onto shoulders. "Might I join you?"
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Thu May 12, 2011 5:29 pm

About the same time everyone is dragging themselves out of bed after the horn, a sleepy, blonde-haired teenager wearing only his red headband and a pair of surprisingly fancy red shorts, floats down the hallway and into the bathroom. He still looks like he's asleep. "Mrflf..."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby psycho_BUNNY on Thu May 12, 2011 6:07 pm

Weldir Blackthorn

The genasi awoke early, eager to see what the day held in store for him. He grabbed the scroll that sat atop his gear and belongings, and took in the schedule, smiling wanly as he did. He did not show his eagerness outwardly, other than this, and did his morning stretches before moving on to some reading. He looked through the titles, he had with him, eventually settling on one about dwarven battle formations and selected contingencies.

As the horn sounded and his roommate roused, Weldir gave him what he hoped was a cheery "Good morning," but he couldn't be quite sure how it sounded, especially since it was the first thing he'd said that morning, so his voice might have been somewhat hoarse or rough.
psycho_BUNNY
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Brooding pensively in a corner, on the verge of either an epiphany or a breakdown.

Postby BinaryWraith on Thu May 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Freeing herself from the blankets, Kat blinks rather blearily at the sunlight streaming in the window, then yawns mightily before waving to the other girls. "Mm. G' morning, Selene, Mia. Guess I'm still a bit off from the time change, feels like it should still be well before sunrise." The sleepy-eyed look quickly changes to a satisfied grin to see the rest of her gear has arrived, and soon the sorceress is reading her class schedule. "Adventuring 101, eh? That should be interesting. You two have any classes before noon?"
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu May 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Lounge

Lapis looks up at Jolitha, closing her journal and carefully binding it shut with the strap on it, "I'm done with what I had to do here, but if you want to keep Davarioc company I wouldn't mind. I have to put my journal back before I do some practice at the archery range..." she states, brushing past Jolitha with that very cold air of someone who's gotten very little sleep. She pauses as she reaches the door to her room, "OH, I almost forgot. If you ever see Amaris, remind her that Mia is her roommate and she should begin to treat her as such. I won't have disorder just because a single person declares their roommate undesirable." she calls over, giving a slight scoff at remembering Amaris' various reactions to talking with Mia.

~ ~ ~
3L

Selene shrugs, "I haven't seen anything else on this sheet yet that states it happens on Monday, Kat...oh, by the way, we should try and stop by to talk Amaris into letting Mia into her actual room." she then turns to Mia, "I like having you here, but you really do need your own space instead of borrowing from us for it, even if both of us are used to smaller living areas...it really downplays your capabilities to be in a similar scenario." she states, being as cordial about this as possible considering the fact she looked less than amused at the prospect of talking to the Sun Elf.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Thu May 12, 2011 9:19 pm

"It would be good to figure out what your roommate's issue is, Mia." Kat sounds hesitant, clearly not wanting to deal with the Sun Elf herself. Almost as if to reassure herself of it's presence, her hand slips down to the signet ring still on her right hand, despite being dressed for bed in lace bloomers and a chemise. "I want a bath and something vaguely food-like, though, if classes are starting."

'...and some clothes. Armor for the spirit indeed. Wonder if I'd get in trouble for wearing my blades...'
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu May 12, 2011 9:50 pm

Weekend
Kerri did not go to sleep on Friday evening. She stayed up mentioning something about setting a 'wake-up call' as her reason for this. If Jolitha stuck around the room Saturday morning around 5:00AM she would have seen Kerri go to her dresser and take an ordinary looking gold coin from the wooden chest in the bottom drawer. Only this coin was tied up in string like a parcel. When Kerri unties the coin it twists open in four segments revealing that it is not a coin at all but in fact a coin beetle. Apparently the 'coin' is it's golden shell. Coin beetles are territorial bugs. The first place a mature coin beetle opens its shell becomes its home and it always returns there if taken away. Coin beetles are only active for about a minute a day before they curl-up inside their shell again and appear exactly like a gold coin. The important thing here is that while active they produce a low, faint humming noise by vibrating their metal shell segments. Kerri had set this beetle's active period to be 5AM by opening its shell for the first time at 5AM. After the coin beetle is untied, it scampers off into the wall somewhere near Kerri's bed to set up it's nest. While the beetle noise is quiet and low frequency, Kerri has grown up trained to detect this sound and wake up upon hearing it. Since it is both low in frequency and in volume, it is unlikely to disrupt the sleep of others in the Hall. Normally Kerri goes to bed at 10:00PM so she sleeps a little earlier than Jolitha and wakes up a few hours later with the aid of her 'alarm clock'. The rest of Saturday was fairly uneventful for Kerri as she was very tired from not sleeping the previous night.

On Sunday, the coin beetle woke her up at 5:00AM as it was supposed to, but at 5:01AM when it stopped chirping she went back to sleep to 'make up for lost time' from Friday. Still with the majority of folks waking up at 9:00AM sleeping in late from 5:00AM isn't that big a deal. It would not be until Monday that she would start to settle into her typical sleep cycle and morning routine. Kerri joined the Frisbee game late as she had been exploring the grounds on her own when it started. Avery and Drayco had already taken to flying when she arrived, but they were still flying relatively low at that time. Relative to the five stories (50ft) in the air that little 5ft tall Kerri can jump. Add to that the fact that frogs (and by extension froggy humans) are naturals when it comes to tracking in catching objects 'fly'-ing through the air. She thought it was pretty neat when she jumped 2 stories in the air and intercepted a Frisbee toss meant for Drayco just inches away from colliding into him. Score one point for the non-flyers. Unfortunately, this just prompted Drayco and Avery to fly higher beyond her jump range. Not that she ever jumped higher than 2 stories during the game. It is always good to hold back a little information like that.

Monday
This time Kerri was ready to start a normal day when the coin beetle woke her up at 5:00AM. Jolitha was already awake and out doing her morning routine in the lounge area. So Kerri got up and- *WHAM*
Trips over the pile of adventuring gear in the middle of the dark room which had not been there when she went to sleep, "ow~".
She gropes around at the items in the dark, not yet knowing how the light switch works. When she figures out it is her stuff she relaxes and leaves it there in a partially squashed pile in the middle of the floor as she makes her way out of the room into the somewhat better lit hallway then to the lounge to do stretches until first light. If Jolitha was there at this time Kerri would say hi and otherwise leave Jolitha alone unless invited to chat. If invited to chat, Jolitha would find that Kerri is a chatterbox who loves to talk and talk about anything and everything that is on her mind. Once the first rays of light shine outside, Kerri heads outside and makes her way to the fountain area. Here she swims laps for an hour or until she feels good and exercised then she returns to the dorms for her hygiene ritual.

Apparently, Kerri does not need to be naked in public ever since it is entirely possible to bathe while wearing a bathing suit without ever fully undressing. Anyone curious enough to ask her about this will discover that she is in fact a nevernude. Is that what it sounds like? Yes. She can wear a swimsuit while bathing, and if she needs to change swimsuits she can do so from underneath her roomy robes.

Kerri isn't exactly a messy person, but she isn't a perfectionist either. She makes her bed every morning, but the effort is visibly a token one. She folds her dirty clothes, but leaves them in a pile on the floor near her dresser instead of putting them away or making more of an effort to put them out of sight, etc. The point is that her stuff isn't in a state of chaos, but it isn't exactly orderly either.

Anyways, with the aid of the morning light shining through the windows, Kerri is able to see in her room once she returns after bathing. She is equipping some of her adventuring gear and putting the rest away when the 9:00AM horn rings out. It doesn't startle her, but when she hers Selene yells she giggles a bit to herself quietly. Loud noises aren't that startling. Kerri figures most everyone should be awake after a horn blast like that so she grabs her schedule and heads out into the common area to ask around if anyone wants to have some breakfast with her over at the cafeteria before classes start.

((Blarg, wrote this over a period of 4~5ish hours. Soo many posts happened during that time. Now I have to go back and reread everything to make sure my post is still relevant.))
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu May 12, 2011 10:21 pm

((Well, for one thing, it was Mia who yelled, not Selene. Also, I'm going to go back and edit a bit, since 1) our GM has declared "no Bags of Holding", and 2) Mia would most definitely have joined in the Frisbee game. Obviously, she couldn't jump as high as Kerri, but she makes up for it with her natural acrobatic skill.))

Room 3L
Mia nodded. "Yeah, much as I like hanging out with you girls, I don't think I want this to be a permanent arrangement either."

She quickly gathered up her items that had been returned, tucking some into the various pouches of her belt, and putting others into her trunk. "A bath and food sounds like a good idea." She dug out her bathing kit, and headed for the door, then paused. "Okay if we go to the baths together, Kat? I'm going to need to get back in here after, to get at my stuff."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Thu May 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Upon heading out, Mia will find that there's a door on her room, and judging by the flowery handwriting, it's likely from Amaris. The note on the key, however, is from Auren: "Sorry about the rooming issue. Try and work it out on your own, and keep in mind that this is a competitive school, so neither I nor the RA's can actually issue disciplinary action unless she's actively breaking rules. -AUREN-"

~ ~ ~

A flushing sound, followed by several sounds of the magical sink, and soon a less disheveled-looking version of the floaty deserty Drayco floats out. "I will never get used to so much readily available water." He shakes off his head, his hair flipping up into its usual posture, giving a half-wave to Davarioc and Jolithia.

~ ~ ~

ROOM 3E

The short-orange-bearded dwarf known as Dorrick Jaspermain does indeed rouse... but his attention immediately changes, and he rolls himself out of bed to claim his 'guitar' from the middle of the room... which prompts Weldir to notice for the first time that the carpet matches the drapes.
"...what, y'never seen a man with's skivvies don?" He says with a shrug, going over to toss some pants on, before starting to play a few chords on his 'guitar'. At least it LOOKS like one, but normally guitars aren't made of solid metal. Weird.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Thu May 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Dorms - Commons
With the sound of a miniature door opening and closing, Likal emerges groggy into the world. His awakening seems rather token, though, as he wanders straight to one of the couches in the lounge and curls up.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem