"Sigil Prep" RP - First Day (Monday, 10/1)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: "Sigil Prep" RP - New Student Orientation (Friday, 9/28)

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed May 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Lapis shrugs at this, though now she's looking just underneath Drayco's floating, giving off that impression of having a burning question that just doesn't wish to be voiced due to sounding stupid, "I see...that could explain a few things I've heard of you. For now though, I think this will have to be left to just between you and me...and Likal, since he's watching us." she nods to the sentient arctic wolf in kind, then looks back to Drayco, "So if you'll excuse me, I have some archery to attend to...can't lose my skill permanently, after all." she states, immediately clamming up outwardly and heading back to the room.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Wed May 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Drayco floats back down on the couch, and resumes chatting with Likal as he was.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Wed May 04, 2011 10:14 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:Room 3L
Atashi-Cloud wrote:Selene had turned away from Mia as the other catgirl got to undressing, her gaze currently occupied by eying Kat's gear and choice of travel, "I have no objections to you taking the sunlight, Kat." she states, afterwards turning to see Mia and tightly resisting the urge to clamp her eyes shut at seeing her without clothes. She moves over to her bed, where the two very simple and practically-designed bags sat, all monochrome white that looks much like the kind you'd encounter in a hospital. She starts unpacking, pulling out mostly clothing from one of the bags and searching for somewhere to stow it all away and taking her time to do so. "So...what did you two used to do at your home world?"

"Pretty much the same thing I'm here to do," Mia replied. "My uncle is in the magical artefact trade; that is, he makes and sells magical items for adventurers and other travellers. I've been fascinated by that kind of thing since I was a kitten, so as soon as I was old enough, he let have access to his workshop, as long as I cleaned up after myself, and helped out in the store occasionally. One of his regular customers is my..." she paused for a moment, "...my 'godmother', I guess you'd call her, and she offered to sponsor me here. Especially after the last -" she broke off, the insides of her ears turning a deeper shade of their normal pink. "Uh, how about you, Kat?" she added, in a cheery 'let's change the subject quickly' tone.

((Fun fact: Felisari blush with their ears, rather than their faces - if a Felisari speaks of being "hot-eared", it means the same as "red-faced" for a human.))

"Me? Nothing terribly fascinating. My family are traders, own a small fleet of ships and move goods up and down the Sword Coast." Kat stops for a moment, realizing that the two feline folk may not get the reference. "Pretty rough area. Lots of piracy and monsters, but hence lots of profit. I was going to go into the family business, but Father gets upset when his precious little girl comes home with new scars."
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed May 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Ghallad Hall: Room 3G
Check Condition: Jolitha is still in the room when Kerri enters 3G.

Value if condition is true:
Upon entering the room she would be living in for at least the next year, hopefully, the first thing statically charged froggy girl, Kerri, notices is her green-eyed roommate Jolitha waiting inside having already unpacked. "Ah! The brain from before!" Kerri blurts out in surprise as she realizes she'll be living with the valedictorian. A half moment later, her shocked outburst seems to startle her a little as she realizes it was said aloud. Attempting to regain control of the situation, Kerri takes on a polite, if nervous, tone and says, "I-I mean, My name is Kerri. You must be Daugher of Hazar, Jolithia."

((EDIT: Ah, allow me to explain. Jolitha is looking for a nickname right? Well considering she's a young conqueror valedictorian (read: genius), and that her roommate Kerri is, well, an 'energetic eccentric' whose clothes are generally bright pink I thought "Why not try Pinkie and the Brain?" as a first attempt at nicknames.

Value if condition is false:
Upon entering the room she would be living in for at least the next year, hopefully, the first thing statically charged froggy girl, Kerri, notices is that her roommate Jolitha, having already unpacked, was not waiting inside. Huh, guess she will remain a mystery roommate for now, Kerri shrugs to herself before proceeding to her luggage to start unpacking. [
Insert luggage description here]

Else:
Mu.

((OOC:
>PrintError001 - Was too tired to check condition;
>[A]bort, [R]etry, [I]gnore?
>_

:sleep: ))
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu May 05, 2011 11:31 am

OOC: Yesh, Sleepy, it is true that Kerri's new roomie is waiting for her in the room...^_^;

Lapis quickly dodges into her room before any of the new students can come back to find her in the lounge, sighing lightly and glancing over to Bill, "You know it's going to be a crazy year when half the students here are too quiet to be normal...even I am pretty quiet and aloof most of the time. Something just feels off..." she mutters, before checking her bed for her bow...and not finding it because she's too focused on other thoughts at the moment. She still decides to head out into the courtyard out back, towards the archery range section since she figures it'll be safer to practice with ice anyways. She gets up to the stage and pauses, blinking in realization that there is no cold weather to use at the moment and sighs, taking a seat to just stare at the range in boredom and generally looking kinda peaceful.

~ ~ ~

Selene gives a nod to both Mia and Kat, before directing her gaze more to Kat from that last remark. An artificer didn't sound that unusual to her, especially not one of the magical inclination...but a pirate? Obviously someone had the more curious lifestyle. 'Oh, but before I start inquiring Kat about her scars, I should probably tell them what I do...' "Right...well, my main thing back home was doing medical work on the go, a traveling nurse so to speak. Though, technically the military and some of the Kitsune would say I'm more of a 'field doctor' than a true medicine practitioner...all because I keep at least several bone saws on hand, just in case of an incurable wound. I've been blessed to not deal with that myself, but a few people had such things happen once or twice. I prefer to not do that though, if anything I deal with more simple wounds and injuries that can seem mortal if not treated properly." she pauses for a moment before finishing, "So really, to sum up what I do...I'm a healer of the more mundane set, wanting to learn how magic can do the same thing if not better." she grins, showing some confidence through her speech.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu May 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Room 3L
Mia nodded in response. "Most of our Healers at home are magic-based, although they're also trained in other forms, since there are those whose bodies don't take magical healing well."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Fri May 06, 2011 3:08 am

Kat, for her part, blinks at Selene in sudden understanding. "Oh, you're a chirurgeon? That explains it."
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri May 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Selene blinks at the particular word used by Kat, "Uhm....chirurgeon? What do they do exactly?" she queries, not quite that sure of what Kat means by it.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Fri May 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Tyrone walks up to a group (Selene and Kat's? Are they still out in the open?), "Excuse me."
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Fri May 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Jolitha stood and extended a hand. Customs might vary but she found a hand extended generally was an acceptable sign of friendship. She'd yet to meet a culture where it was aggressive, though she did know one or two that would take advantage of your extended hand and attempt a surprise attack. In either case, she joined the extended hand with a polite and easy-going smile.

"It's Jolitha actually. I am only referred to as a daughter of Hazar in official circumstances or by those who might actually know what that entails," Jolitha said. "You were quite clever to ask for that blessing. I am very impressed at your foresight and daring. Can I help you unpack?"

((She doesn't need a nickname. She was referring to making a name for herself as in making her name known by her own merits not by posted notices or whatnot.))
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Sat May 07, 2011 12:31 am

Atashi-Cloud wrote:Selene blinks at the particular word used by Kat, "Uhm....chirurgeon? What do they do exactly?" she queries, not quite that sure of what Kat means by it.

Turning away from the window, Kat settles on the bed. Now that she's on a more comfortable topic, she talks qiuckly, with idle gestures for emphasis. "Oh, how do you put it, lay healers. People who take care of the injured with skill and knowledge rather than priestly devotions and magic."
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Sat May 07, 2011 4:47 am

Drayco spots Tyrone heading down the girls' corridor, and floats off the couch and hurries over, for once walking on foot than flying. "Hey, shiny guy, saw you're on the dual-major Monastic Hero program. You need something?" He says, extending out a hand to the currently armorless paladin.
Last edited by Drayco on Sun May 08, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sat May 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Tyrone takes the arm, grabbing Drayco by the wrist instead of the hand and shaking since that was how it was done in the monastery, "Yes. I am mulling over some disturbing implications: The Dean made mention of bringing back the dead but disappeared before I can ask. Was he implying true ressurection?"
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Sun May 08, 2011 11:49 am

Drayco seems curious of the odd handshake, but then shrugs it off. "As opposed to what, zombies? Of course it can bring back the dead..." He ponders for a moment, then it dawns on him. "Ahhh... let me guess, magic isn't as common where you're from?"
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun May 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Room 3G
TingYi wrote:Jolitha stood and extended a hand. Customs might vary but she found a hand extended generally was an acceptable sign of friendship. She'd yet to meet a culture where it was aggressive, though she did know one or two that would take advantage of your extended hand and attempt a surprise attack. In either case, she joined the extended hand with a polite and easy-going smile.

"It's Jolitha actually. I am only referred to as a daughter of Hazar in official circumstances or by those who might actually know what that entails," Jolitha said. "You were quite clever to ask for that blessing. I am very impressed at your foresight and daring. Can I help you unpack?"

((She doesn't need a nickname. She was referring to making a name for herself as in making her name known by her own merits not by posted notices or whatnot.))

Kerri looks hesitantly at Jolitha's extended hand with uncertainty of the custom is performed, but Jolitha's smile reassures her into taking a chance. The fleshy webbing between her thumb and index finger contacts Jolitha's thumb first and the tension prevents their thumbs from locking completely. That is until Kerri's hand starts to clasp around Jolitha's drawing her fingers closer together and providing the necessary slack to allow a normal handshake. The slack webbing flesh folds to the inside of Kerri's hand giving the otherwise firm handshake an odd squishy feeling. Kerri's webbed hands are one of the very few obvious visual features that distinguish her from other humans who are not members of the frog kingdom. It is subtle enough that it is not beyond reason that her webbing might go unnoticed if one isn't looking for it.

"Thanks," Kerri beams at the compliment as she visibly relaxes from her nervous state, "and please do," she says releasing Jolitha's hand to walk over to her luggage.

Kerri's luggage consists of two bright green colored cloth duffel bags and a 1.5ft long by 1ft tall and 1ft wide wooden chest also painted green. If you look carefully there is a faint pattern of floral lily-pads and leaping frogs sewn into the fabric in a slightly darker shade of green. The cloth bags are fastened tightly shut by two sets of buttons. On the inside, all the luggage seems to have a very thin layer of malleable wax uniformly polished into the cloth making it water resistant if not water proof.

Inside the two duffel bags are Kerri's carefully folded clothing. Mostly this consists of one-piece swimsuits with attached fax skirts and matching loose over robe similar to what she is presently wearing. There are small number of other outfits such as actual dresses that are not swimsuits and some underwear and other such things that go along with dresses to make a complete outfit. The shoes she has packed are sandals. A key theme of her clothes is that:

1. all of them imply a warm, tropical climate with lots of moisture. If the climate ever turns chilly she doesn't have anything appropriate for winter conditions.
2. they are all feature bright or warm colors. If the clothes have a pattern it is either floral or little froggies.

Also there are a few toiletries such as a comb, a brush, hair ribbons, soap, etc.

Kerri picks up the wooden chest leaving Jolitha an open duffel bag to get started on. "I am studying arcane arts here to be an evoker, to call on various powers that be for their blessings and aid," Kerri explains as a follow up to Jolitha's praise, "so when I saw the dean summon forth lightning," she sets the chest very gently into the lowest dresser drawer, "I knew an opportunity for practical experience like that was too rare to let pass, and as it turns out fortune favors the bold..." Kerri tries calmly, but futilely, to smooth down her puffed up statically charged hair, "...mostly."
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sun May 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Selene smirks and grins at this explanation, "Oh, what the people in my world call 'Mundane healing'...yeah, that's about the same I suppose. The thing is, I'm hoping to learn more about magic so I can apply my theories with magic to make it even more effective." obviously someone here doesn't understand the point of MAGIC. She's now taking out the rest of her clothes and stowing them away in the drawer of her bedside compartment, before tugging out a rather soft-looking brush and sitting on her bed to settle to combing her fur. Which is engaged rather quickly, Selene giving off a slight purr as she does this, "So, what is your professional area for fighting, Kat? I'd assume you can fight if you can speak of scars so freely."
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon May 09, 2011 9:17 am

Room 3L
Mia seated herself on the bed next to Selene, and glanced at her own fur, noticing that it looked rather messy. "Could I borrow that brush after you've finished with it? MIne's still in my luggage."
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon May 09, 2011 11:02 am

Drayco wrote:Drayco seems curious of the odd handshake, but then shrugs it off. "As opposed to what, zombies? Of course it can bring back the dead..." He ponders for a moment, then it dawns on him. "Ahhh... let me guess, magic isn't as common where you're from?"

"Magic is the life blood of the Iron Empire, where I am from. Every citizen knows a smattering of magical principles, at least enough to work cheap magic items. Outside the Empire, magic is indeed limited to an educated elite, or at least educated by their standards," He cringes, "Not their is anything wrong with those nations. Our Empire was merely lucky to go through several advances." He shakes his head, "What I mean is that true ressurection hasn't been possible in my world since the end of the Age of Legends. The only second-chance you get is undeath."

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Mon May 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Jolitha immediately set to work. She made a pile of the clothes that had not been properly packed, which was probably all of them. This pile shrunk quickly as Jolitha refolded every piece to reduce wrinkles and keep it ready to wear. She kept a steady smile on her face, almost Stepford smile but it was too early to tell. Not that Jolitha would offer a tell.

"Arcane arts is a term for magic, is it not?" Jolitha asked as she folded and sorted. She arranged the toiletries carefully on top of Kerri's dresser. With her roommates presumed help, the whole affair took less time than writing a description of all that Kerri had packed. It seemed the Daughter of Hazar had some quick hands. But she was an athlete after all, and a very agile and nimble one at that. She brushed her hands off on one of her own wash cloths and straightened her hair. Always good to look your best, especially for a tour with the people she'd be relying on the rest of the year.
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon May 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Room 3G
"So I've been told," Kerri says attempting to brush her unruly hair to no avail, "but personally I don't make such distinctions, or rather I can't yet." There is a discernible yet subtle pause between the words 'can't' and 'yet' for which there is no punctuation adequate to express the sense of excitement it seemed to convey. She gives the brush one more try before setting it down, "my people don't view the world in such terms. We have no such concept as a difference between magic and.." She grasps for the right word, "magic and ..." Her face is troubled with concentration until finally she decides to accept her limit and admit, "and here I thought I had learned to speak in basic well," she thinks for a moment then grabs a large pink ribbon with which to braid her hair and continues, "that learning the language would lend itself to thinking in its terms but all that comes to mind is- *Kero*" Kerri makes a very convincing frog noise ((*Kero* means frog sounds hence forth)) but at her normal talking volume. It is a safe bet that the expression, like an idiom, does not translate. At least not well.

The tightness of Kerri's hair braid gives the previously puffy hair order, and the binding of all her hair into a single mass allows it to be just heavy enough to fall into a believable position on the small of her back. Pleased with finding a solution to her static problem Kerri asks "Jolitha, what would you say magic is usually distinguished from?" It would seem that Kerri has just tasked her roommate to explain color to the colorblind.

Then again, the difference between Kerri and her people is that she is human while most of them are frogs. Her situation is more like a person who can see color living her whole life in a society that is colorblind. Move her to a society that sees color, that makes use of this sense, and she can learn to apply her senses too. It just isn't her native way of thinking. That is not to say frogs can't use magic; rather, they just don't understand it to be such.

OOC:
TingYi wrote:She made a pile of the clothes that had not been properly packed, which was probably all of them.

Ah, you know my character too well :P
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Tue May 10, 2011 11:41 am

Drayco chuckles lightly, then pats the young paladin on the back in a jovial manner. "Don't worry 'bout it. Where I come from, magic turned my country into a barren desert wasteland. It has its upsides and downsides." He lifts both legs into a crosslegged floating position as usual, still at eye level with Tyrone. "I've already been here a year, so lemme give you a tip. You're gonna see a lot of stuff you haven't seen before. People, magic, angels, demons, stuff that'll blow your mind. The thing to keep in mind is to not be so mindblown by it. Surprises are good, but a true adventurer can't afford to let things catch them off guard."

Drayco looks him over. "...now... naivety... unease at things too similar to undeath... exceptionally strong shoulders... yer a paladin, aren't you?" He says with a grin.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Tue May 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Kat shakes her head, still grinning. "Nah, sea life's just hard on a body. I'm nothing like a real swordswoman. Part of what I'm hoping to learn here, really."
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue May 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Selene blinks a bit at this, "Part of living on the oceans...that sounds familiar to me...somehow." she shakes off the familiar feeling and looks aside to Mia and nods, handing off her brush as it wasn't terribly important to finish ALL of her cleaning at this moment. After all, she just started to remember that there was a tour going on later today, "Sure, but I think you need the brush right now anyways...I always clean up after waking, so this was just an idle thing to do without all my syringes and gear with me...which I hope I'll never have to repeat again. I didn't like parting with all my beloved and trusted stuff, those things have seen me through the most difficult of medical cases and sometimes difficult people as well. I know it sounds odd to say, but I'm more comfortable when I have a scalpel in hand and a syringe in the other.....it's...part of why I'm here..." she mutters the last bit a little more quietly than normal and looking relatively sheepish at it.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Tue May 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Drayco wrote:Drayco chuckles lightly, then pats the young paladin on the back in a jovial manner. "Don't worry 'bout it. Where I come from, magic turned my country into a barren desert wasteland. It has its upsides and downsides." He lifts both legs into a crosslegged floating position as usual, still at eye level with Tyrone. "I've already been here a year, so lemme give you a tip. You're gonna see a lot of stuff you haven't seen before. People, magic, angels, demons, stuff that'll blow your mind. The thing to keep in mind is to not be so mindblown by it. Surprises are good, but a true adventurer can't afford to let things catch them off guard."

Drayco looks him over. "...now... naivety... unease at things too similar to undeath... exceptionally strong shoulders... yer a paladin, aren't you?" He says with a grin.

"Unease at undeath? Oh, no, I'm fine with the undead so long as they do not prey on the living. The Iron Emperor is a lich who used his own life as the sacrifice to power is ascension and Brother Kalgeus, a master in my monastery, is a zombie whos burning spirit would not allow death to hold him in the ground! And I know of angels and of demons, I work for a goddess and the Iron Empire has had a little contact with extra planar beings. No, it's only true living ressurection that shocks me, as it was banned by the Treatise of the Gods at the end of the Divine Wars."

He bows to Drayco, "But you are correct in your last assumption. I am Tyrone Ramses, Paladin of Justina, Goddess of JUSTICE!"

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed May 11, 2011 9:01 am

Room 3L
"Thanks." Mia took the brush, and started to restore her fur to its normally tidy state, purring slightly as she did so. "Mrrrr... that's good..."

She smiled at Selene. "Doesn't sound that odd to me," she said, still purring as she talked. "I'm kinda the same way, when I'm working on some new magic item."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem