"Sigil Prep" RP - First Day (Monday, 10/1)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: "Sigil Prep" RP - First Day (Monday, 10/1)

Postby Drayco on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:12 am

Kitties and Kender and Orcs oh my!

The orc doesn't much care about strategy, but even in his ragey state he knows that if you hit something against the ground hard enough, it breaks. And so, he raises Medina up as she holds onto the other end of the hoopak, her size finally putting her at a disadvantage - she can't attack his neck when his arm plus the length of the hoopak is more than she is tall.
And with that, the orc attempts to slam her down... only to halt as a sharp bark echoes out from inside the Frostfell Building, immediately calming all rage and fear present with a gust of cool air.

Standing in the doorway of the building is a small halfling-sized man, albeit a surprisingly burly one. His hair is short and white, his eyes cold and blue, his skin a pale tone, and the slightest of orclike fangs jutting up from his lower jaw. Perhaps the halfling has orc heritage?
He wears a mix of wolf furs and hearty, deep brown leather, all held together with studs of bone over a dark-colored chain shirt.
"KURAK," the small orclike halfling bellows, his voice carrying farther than it probably should.

"Yes, Jarl (pronounced "yarl")," The half-orc that had been fighting says in response, then slowly sets Medina down, and lets go of the hoopak. He gives a nod to her, and immediately turns to head past the white-haired orclike halfling into the building.

The halfling scowls at those present. "Have you Firstyears nothing better to do than pick fights with idiots?" He glares particularly at Medina. "You, especially, little paladin." He spits to the side. "You insult the code your kind claims is their all, coming here and taunting my students. It's a good thing none of you are mine, as you've made an enemy of Jarl Gilari Bantu and all of Frostfell College, today."
He turns to go inside and close the door, ignoring any pleas or arguments directed at him. "But I applaud your backbone, for a bunch of women and scaredy-cats. Your class is in the main building, look for a drunken man with dog ears." He says, before heading into the building and slamming the door behind him.

The air seems a lot colder now...
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Medina hadn't really meant to intimidate this guy until he had plowed into her friends. She realizes, out of necessity, there are plenty of people she'll have to be more careful about calling an insult to; apparently, a single insult is enough to tick these guys off, and she'd also amended that first one to being quite less than she'd said the first time. Still, it seemed the teacher thought she'd started the fight, and perhaps, perhaps, he was right.
And what sort of race was this halfling who from all appearances wasn't a halfling? She'd have to find out more about him, even though he'd declared her and her friends enemies. It wasn't even like the others had anything to do with this fight to begin with, and, at least, she'd have to address that matter.

"You know, declaring any of my friends as your enemy for what I've done is unreasonable. They may not have prevented me from saying what I did, but Mia tried to stop the duel this orc, Kurak, wanted with me, and the other two never got into this at all. The sole blame of this, if you must lay it on one of us, should be on me, so any wrath that comes to these three from your college because of this better be coming at me. If you direct it at any of my friends, you'll be picking a fight with me."

"I never meant for it to go so far as a duel, but when he declared that was what he wanted to satisfy his honor, that was what I had to try and supply. I'm not going to deny him the right to defend his honor if that is what he chooses to do, regardless of whether he thinks he's better than I am or not. I may have called a friendly insult but somehow it got out of hand, and I will try and learn just what the limitation of you other races is when such matters are concerned. Then, I won't call any more trouble towards me," Medina said, following him inside if necessary.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:26 pm

The door to Frostfell hall seems to have locked behind the halfling. On closer inspection, it appears to have frozen shut.

((Waiting on Oz here before I do much else.))
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:47 am

Mia looked at the closed door for a long moment without speaking.

"Well," she said finally, "on the positive side, we now know how to get to our first class. Or at least where to look."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:28 pm

Kitties and Kender and no more orcs

Mana peeks out from behind Selene, looking fairly shaken up. More so than usual, at least. "Uhm... y-yes..."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:35 pm

((Davarioc, outside the sleeping Dragon Inn -> on his way to the main building))
Indeed the Black Orc was not fazed at all by frog persons bouncing out of walls into Paladins... or much anything actually, so after taking his time to identify the scent of 'Dog Ears' he started to track down his trail. Which sure looks a bit strange since such a trail does not cling to the ground, but is carried with the wind, too. So Davarioc is walking in a seemingly randomly changing, curvy course over the campus.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Sleeping Dragon Inn
Likal stops mid-bite to stare at the frog-girl flying out of the wall. In theory, this shouldn't be something you see every day, but I'm sure there's someone here who does. "You okay?" he calls out to his house-mate.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Kitties and Kender
Mia smiled at Mana, then looked around at the others. "So, what are we all standing around for? We need to find this class. And I for one want to get something to eat first."
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm

(Fair warning, Sleepy hasn't logged on since october, I'd say its okay to disregard him and Froggygirl for the moment. I PM'ed him and jesse with a heads-up though, just incase.)

Kitties and Kender

Mana nods. "O-okay..." She looks sheepish, pulling her hood up again. "Uhm... sorry for not helping, m-miss Medina..."

And onwards the pack of kitties and a kender go towards the Sleeping Dragon Inn. And they get there at about...

11:15.
D&D Time Dilation can kiss my moogly butt. 45 minutes to go kids.

Main Building I forgot the name of

Davarioc's trail is even more winding and swaying than normal, largely because he's following the trail of a man who himself is wandering and swaying. Nevertheless, he eventually finds his way to the lobby just inside the main building.
At this point, there's just too darn many scents in here to pick the "Dog Ears" man out again, as the better half of the student body of Sigil Prep has been through here already, just this morning. That, and because most of the scents faintly smell of ale too.
However, the trail has led him to the right side of the lobby, and there's only three classrooms down here, so it shouldn't be much harder than just poking his head into each room and taking a good guess.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Davecom83 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:15 pm

"He said it was a duel. You don't gang up on people in duels, Mana. Anyways, I'm going to have to figure out how to get in touch with that teacher. There's no reason you guys should be held accountable for my actions. He's probably right that I'll need to be more careful with what I say, but I didn't mean to start that fight. And you guys had no reason to be declared enemies of his college because of what happened."

(OOC: Ugh, keenspot forums seems unable to send me my password reset notice, and so, I'm stuck with an alt account.)
Davecom83
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Drayco on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:27 pm

((Medina, the weirdest kender. XD
I swear she's a kender that nobody told was a kender.))

"...true... b-but..." Mana looks conflicted for a moment, looking away. As they finally arrive at the door to the Sleeping Dragon Inn, however, she speaks again, still keeping her eyes low and aside. "But... I... I don't think you should worry about them..." She shakes her head. "I... can read people... it's the only ability my blood gives me, that I've been grateful for. The men... they weren't angry at you. They were... confused that a paladin was acting that way... very confused."
Mana looks back to Medina. "It's... something I can understand. You're a very strange person... even stranger, that you're a paladin."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:03 am

Sleeping Dragon Inn
Mia chuckled. "I think most of us would be considered 'strange people' anywhere but here," she commented, as she pushed open the door, and led the way inside.

"And being able to read people like that sounds like a really useful talent for an adventurer."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Sleeping Dragon Inn (Re: Kitties!)

"Uhm... a-actually it got me in trouble... " Mana pulls up her hood more. "A paladin hit me on the head for it... saying it was a reminder of why I shouldn't try to brainwash people... b-but it's not something I can turn off..."
She sighs. "It's why I feel the way I do, though... it meant I could always know just how much people hated me..." She looks over to Mia. "But... the hate isn't here... it confused me... and it let me know even more that you care, even though you feel weird and confused about me being a demon. Confusion is okay, though." She smiles. "And... I wouldn't recommend that summon machine idea. Trust me."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Sleeping Dragon Inn
Mia blinked, considered several possible responses to this, and finally settled on, "So, you've had some experience with summon machines, then?" She tilted her head at Mana, being genuinely curious.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:00 pm

"Heard of... Khorvaire is an odd place, you get things like that." Mana shakes her head. "Summon spells aren't meant to be cast indirectly. You need to cast them yourself, or else whatever is summoned will be out of control."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Sleeping Dragon Inn
Mia thought about this, and winced at the image that resulted. "Gotcha." She produced her notepad and pencil, and wrote, 'No Summon machines. Summon spells must be direct, or out-of control summoned will result.'

Putting the pad away, she returned her attention to the immediate object of their quest. "Right, let's get some breakfast, then we can find this drunken dog-eared guy who's teaching the first class."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:16 pm

((Davarioc, Main building))
It did not look like much pondering was needed, non the less whoever came through the lobby could witness a black orc caught in deep contemplation for long minutes before finally he turned to head out of the building, take a deep breath and force sneeze a gob of snot into the bushes. Davarioc shuddered delighted at getting rid of that many ale loaded scents from his nose, then concentrated on breathing only through his mouth as he returned inside and opened the door to middlest of the three possible class rooms.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:19 am

((I wonder how many people in this RP are still on these forums? >_> ))
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 am

((I'm still here, but you knew that already.))
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Previous

Return to Mayhem