"Sigil Prep" RP - First Day (Monday, 10/1)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: "Sigil Prep" RP - First Day (Monday, 10/1)

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:22 am

Kitties and Kender
Mia took a notepad and pencil out of one of her pouches, and wrote a note to herself. 'Do NOT allow the kender to ask for directions. EVER.'

She then tucked the notepad and pencil away, gave the half-orc a smile, and tried to look as though she had nothing to do with the mad kender.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:14 am

((Oh gods, I thought Kender were supposed to be childlike and innocent! :gonk: ))

Of Kitties and Kender
The half-orc stops walking, and slowly turns to face Medina. "What did you call me, little girl?" he asks, looming over her. To anyone else, it would have been very intimidating. Kender don't know the meaning of the word, though.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:15 am

Medina restated what she had said, "I said you're too stupid to direct us to either the pub or Adventuring 101. Care to prove me wrong?"
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:22 pm

((Davarioc, Sleeping Dragon Inn))
After a nod followed a prolonged time of eating² silently. There was no throat clearing or words of warning when the Orc suddenly spoke up. "So it was a spell that made you smart enough to talk and all?"

²It's not like Davarioc would use cutlery or something, but he is not wildly stuffing his face either. He seems to not care for eating manners, but care more to keep his fur clean of food-remains.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:41 am

Of Kitties and Kender
"Ha!" the half-orc replied, "Little Firstyear can't find her own class! And you call me stupid. Drinks inside, though. Got important thing right, I guess." The brute guffawed at his own "joke".

Sleeping Dragon Inn
"Yeah, some kinda Druid spell." Likal paused and thought for a moment. "Kinda weird that they know a spell to make a wild animal more civilized, huh?"
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:05 pm

The Inn

Tyrone is still thoroughly lost.

For one, he doesn't know where he is nor where that is in relation to anything else.
Last edited by Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:50 pm

Medina smiles, handing Mia the napkin that she'd been holding to tickle Mana's feet. "Well, you're smart enough to know where the bar is at least, but I never said whether I knew where my class was or not."
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:59 pm

((Davarioc, Sleeping Dragon Inn))
"Hrng." Grunted the Orc, leaving it up to interpretation whether that was agreement or not. In fact Davarioc wasn't getting the point, maybe because he lacked a solid concept of druidhood, maybe of civilization. "Why you? .. I mean, there are a lot of animals out there, they don't go around randomly making animals smarter... do they?"
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:06 am

Of Kitties and Kender
Mia took the napkin, and put it away in one of her pouches, having no better idea of what to do with it.

"So," she addressed the half-orc, "do you know where the Adventuring 101 class is?"
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:24 pm

THE TIME IS NOW ALMOST THE TIME YOU ALL MUST BE THERE.

MAGICAL SHENANIGANS INCOMING.

Trees?

Because I find it funny, Kerri was in fact just launched out of a tree at Tyrone. The good paladin chivalrously broke her fall, most likely with his torso. Luckily, being a froggy girl, she bounces.

It's about this point that Kerri realizes they are not in the lobby of the Nature Studies treebuilding, but instead has apparently been flung out of the wooden lodge style wall of the Sleeping Dragon in, giving a solid answer as to whether Druids go around doing stupid crap for no reason. Among them, flinging children through tree-based teleportation.

Good thing the good paladin in training was at the right place at the right time, and not completely lost as he presumed he was! JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED THIS DAY.

Frosty Mugs and kitties

"Of COURSE I know where it is! Papa Bear teaches the class, he's a regular at the bar here since they cut him off at the Inn two years ago. Aw, that was a fun night." He realizes he's still holding a tankard, and drains it. He then looks at Medina. "But little halfling has called me stupid, so now we must honor-duel!"
As he looks down at the little kender, he sets the tankard on his belt, then promptly roars an angry shout, and practically grows a foot in size and general bulk, before rushing over to try and squash the little halfling with his bare hands in a big two-handed overhead smash.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:53 am

Frosty Mugs and Kitties
Mia, having possibly the fastest reflexes of the group (about ten times faster than a human - it's a racial ability), quickly stepped in and yanked Medina out of the way of the incoming blow. "It'll have to wait until after class, I'm afraid. Can you direct us there, please?"

She gave the half-orc her best 'kitty-eyes'. "We really can't afford to be late for our first class."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:20 am

Kitties of war!

As the half-orc has been provoked into a blind rage by Medina (The Taunt is a kender racial ability, after all!), he proceeds to ignore the kitty-eyes, and punches Mia in the face, all the while snarling and roaring and generally making a fuss of things. He's quite strong, but it is just a punch - luckily for Mia, he seems to have left his axe at home.

Mana eeps lightly and hides behind Selene.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:09 pm

((Davarioc, Sleepy Dragon Inn))
The meal was good and with the conversation in between took quite a while... especially since the Black Orc took Jenna's advice about eating slowly serious and seemed able to devour far more than his short stature was implying despite its broadness.
The last piece of orangey cheese with bread vanished in Davarioc's mouth, which was subsequently wiped just like the fingers. The last gulp of watered down ale, then the Black Orc nodded to Likal, slammed his fist on the table to stem himself from the chair, turn and head toward the door.

He wasn't aware whether the food was free for students or not, frankly the though of paying for food is pretty alien for Black Orcs anyways.
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:00 am

"Hey, your fight's with me, you dunderhead. And I'm not a halfling like you keep calling me, but a kender. Surely, you've heard tales of the great kenders of the past. I mean, my race is known for most of the wonderful adventures where I come from. From playing tricks on dragons, finding treasures in mighty keeps, rescuing the other races from all the trouble they constantly get into, you name it, we probably have done it. You on the other hand probably spend your time searching for food in a dung heap. Would explain your smell. And the fact that you hit Mia is proof that you are stupid, which I thought you orcs took great pride in."

Medina's taken out her hoopak, and is preparing to launch an attack if the orc doesn't leave Mia alone. You don't mess with friends, and you don't take a friendly insult as a reason to start a fight. Then, again, why did Mia pull her away? Surely, this guy wasn't that dangerous. After all, he was basically unarmed.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:04 am

The orc is now MORE angry. And if he somehow misses punching Mia in the face, he will turn his attention entirely to Medina, and do everything in his power to crush her with his hands or his metal tankard. He's basically frothing at the mouth at this point.

Nice going, Medina.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:33 pm

OOC:("What? Did I do something wrong?" The half-orc's a fellow who doesn't know how to take a good joke. And Medina doesn't know he's a half-orc rather than an orc, either.)

The look in the eyes of that orc seemed to make it clear he was quite pissed off at what had been nothing more than a few insults. He'd probably need to be taken down a notch or two before he calmed down. It's a pity this orc couldn't take a joke, and was so irritated, but then, mistakes could be made with too much anger, and he'd probably not be thinking too clearly at all. Still, he'd be a worthy challenge if he weren't being too ganged up upon. It was a duel that the orc wanted, and interruptions from spectators and blows towards them weren't reasonable in that case.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:18 pm

Kitties, Kender and Konflict - er, Conflict
Mia had, thanks to the aforementioned cat-like reflexes, managed to avoid taking injury from the half-orc's punch, but the shock of it had thrown her off-balance and resulted in her sitting down rather hard.

She now climbed slowly to her feet, rubbing the part of her that had made contact with the ground, and muttering under her breath in her native tongue. It was probably a good thing that none of the others present could speak Felisari...
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Well, he didn't leave Mia alone, so Medina does the sensible thing, whacking the orc with her hoopak. Hopefully, the orc will get the message and leave the bystanders out of the duel.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:56 pm

(( XD Its a berserking Half Orc, whatever a hoopak is, I hope it is hard and heavy and swung at sufficient speed XD ))

((Davarioc, Sleeping Dragon Inn -> outside))
Since nobody was gonna stop him the Black Orc left the Inn, cracking with his neck before stopping a few steps from the entrance. A harsh, forceful exhaling cleared his nose.. then he sniffed the air that his nostrils vibrated. Picking up the 'dog ears'-teacher's scent that he met upon entering the Inn shouldn't be much of a problem, despite all the other scents such a busy place obviously would create. It wasn't that long ago after all.
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:11 pm

(Also, you know a hoopak is supposed to be used as a spear, right?)

Kitties and Kender

After what, to the orc, must have been "knocking Mia out" of the duel, he turns his attention to Medina, and... gets thwacked soundly by hoopak in the shin. He proceeds to ignore this, and winds up to punt the little kender square in the chest. He doesn't seem to be feeling the pain of her attack in the slightest.

Sleeping Dragon Inn

Disregarding the nonsense of people being flung from walls, Davarioc does pick up a scent that smells quite clearly of a wet dog, if the reason for the dog being wet was ale. It leads onwards across the campus, towards the main building. Shouldn't be hard to follow at all.

(The time is now... uh... class was at noon, right? It's now 11. Hour to go. And if it wasn't at noon, reality altered to accomodate the forgetful GM.)
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 am

Medina retreats out of his arm reach, but not towards Selene, Mia, and Mana, rather she's moving toward the side, trying to make sure he doesn't bring more damage to the non-participants of his duel. "You might tell my friends where they can find first class, so that they stop interfering in what you consider a match to prove your intelligence, which proves absolutely no such thing. Of course, if you're as idiotic as I said, I don't think you'd be able to take such advice. It would go completely against your nature as a being with less intelligence than a brick wall."
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:24 am

Kitties and Kender (and Orcs, oh my!)

The half-orc continues raging and growling and swinging, his great STRENGTH ATTRIBUTE unfortunately not a match for Medina's DEFENSE ATTRIBUTE, despite his superior EXPERIENCE LEVEL. The orc has another trick up his sleeve, however, as he stomps on the ground where Medina was, and lets out a cacaphonous BATTLE CRY, paralyzing everyone else nearby with the FEAR status effect.

I mean, except Medina. She just thinks it was kind of loud. And is free to hit the orc again since he's wide open.

(First fight scene? Good time to start tearing the fourth wall a new one. :D )
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:02 am

"Might need to learn to project. Don't think enough people heard you over there," Medina says smiling. If this orc wants to waste his time shouting for no reason, there's no reason he can't do so. Meanwhile, she'll attempt to bean him uptop the head with a well-aimed stone. Of course, she'd have to distance herself from him if possible if she wanted to pull another trick.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Kitties and Kender

Medina proceeds to bonk him on the head... but as she's trying to get away, the orc continues to no-sell her attacks (due to, well, kender-induced blind rage), and grabs her hoopak by the end she bonked him with. He proceeds to pull up on it, hard. If Medina hangs on, she'll be hoisted high off the ground and be in a position to get brought down in a number of painful ways. If she lets go, she'll lose her weapon.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:18 am

Medina knows that it's a risk, but she doesn't want to lose that hoopak, and the orc is getting her into a position that could also be advantageous if she can pull it off. Namely, She might be in a position to get towards his neck if she plays it right, or so she's hoping. And as long as there's a chance that she might be able to avoid his blows while holding onto her hoopak, she's more inclined to risk it.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem