"Sigil Prep" RP - First Day (Monday, 10/1)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: "Sigil Prep" RP - First Day (Monday, 10/1)

Postby davecom3 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:24 am

Room 3J

"What idiots! You aren't evil or destructive from what I can see, and they pick on you just because you look different than others. No wonder your family started to become destructive, but I'm just not seeing the evil, though you're grandfather was a bit overzealous in his revenge," Medina moves closer to Mana, and hugs her. "Still, you're my roommate, and you're not evil at all. So we'll make sure you live and prove all those idiots wrong, eh?"
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:23 am

3J

Selene pretty much just let her jaw hang ajar for a bit, rather surprised with such a hard-luck background and life to come from. 'I never had to worry about such things...I was lucky enough to just live in a world where my kin were accepted without question or sought out for their pelts. This...what Mana went through as a child...I cannot forgive those people for this. But now's not the time or place for revenge, she just needs someone to help console her to accept being around others.' she thinks to herself, before turning to head out and stopping short as Mia and Kat were in the way. She definitely seems uneasy at this sort of thing, mostly just because of being awkwardly unable to really understand how Mana feels about this.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:43 am

Doorway of 3J
Mia looked equally shocked at Mana's revelations of her past. She didn't react at first when Selene nearly bumped into her, then blinked and moved back out of the way.

"Mana," she called gently. "You're among friends here. Whatever we can do to help, we will."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 am

3J

Selene was wary about saying anything at the moment, but she definitely looked back to Mana at Mia's statement, "If you ever get wounded in a way that magic can't heal, I'll try to fix you up..." she says, still mildly nervous and now standing next to Mia, having not left just yet and more or less still showing that she accepts Mana as a friend...it's just hard to tell right now due to her nervous twitchy tail.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:11 am

3J

Mana freezes up when she's hugged. "U-uh...!" She blinks a few times, then sighs and seems to relax, though she tries to push Medina away. "A-alright... but... y-you could just be trying to... befriend me... to lull me into a f-false sense of security..." She looks sheepish. "B-but... I don't see any harm... until then..."

"Good!" Drayco gives a broad grin as he gives that shout of approval, startling Mana, at least. "Told you. Besides, I've met a couple rakshasa before."

Mana freezes up again, staring at Drayco since he must be about to attack her.

"They're assholes for the most part, but it's not like they're ALL bad. I mean, sure, half of them would sell you into slavery, but so do ge-- er... my people. Desert tribes and all. It's pretty common, sadly." He gives a broad grin. "It's not like you should be blamed for anything your kind does. Even your family."

"...really?" Mana says, still a little confused and startled by the loud floating guy.

"Yup! Since coming here, I've met at least two other people who were part demon. One of them was a jerk, but the other was a cool guy, though I haven't seen him yet this year. On the other hand, I've also met two people who were part angel. One of them is a lazy drunkard, and he teaches the class we have today. The other is the captain of the Dungeonball team, and if you could find the words 'Lawful Stupid' in an adventuring dictionary, Aur-Lee's picture would be right there next to it."
Drayco grins. "You're an adventurer, the moment you step on campus grounds. And adventurers, as my dad once told me, are all the writers of their own epic story. Nobody can write your story but yourself, not family, not even your friends. So if you're not evil, then don't be evil, and everyone else can shove it."

Mana raises an eyebrow.

"And on that note, anyone pushes you around, you come to me. I'll kick their asses for you." Drayco says with a broad grin, hands on his hips.

"T-That... that's not necessary..."

"Sure it is! And now you kids better get to class. I'm not telling you where it is unless you give me a really good reason to." Drayco says, as he lands on his feet, and heads out towards the lounge.

Mana just watches him go. "...he's... a strange person..."
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:24 am

Medina asks the simple question to Drayco shortly before he's out the door, "How do you know where it is? Even if you've been there before, isn't it supposed to be a secret, and, then, wouldn't they move it, so you wouldn't know where it is?"
Last edited by davecom3 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 pm

Sleeping Dragon Inn (10:20)
"Hi Jenna," Likal replies, "A couple of roast pheasants for my friend and me, please." He nods at Davarioc to indicate his friend.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:24 pm

((Davarioc, Sleeping Dragon Inn))
The Orc crossed his arms and gave Jenna a grunty nod to confirm Likal's request on his behalf. Nodding and shaking heads was one of the more intuitive gestures and so he already had adopted them into his repertoire.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:14 am

Sleeping Dragon Inn

"'Kay!" Jenna bounces off into the kitchen.

3J

Drayco pauses. "Uhh... they didn't change it because the professor is lazy, and most people don't repeat Firstyear."
He gives a shifty glance aside, then floats on down the hall.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:02 pm

"Hmm, what's the chance he's going to have to check whether he's right?" Medina asks, having caught Drayco's sideways glance. "I mean, is it really the teacher's choice as to whether he moves his class?" She had stopped hugging Mana, and was about out the door, when she asked, "So where shall we check first? It's time for adventuring and exploration, right? Don't think we need to check the building I just left, but any of the others might make for good fun."
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Hallway, outside Room 3J
"Well, I was planning on heading for the tavern," Mia said. "Since most adventures usually begin in taverns. Plus I want to get some breakfast."
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:08 am

"Yeah, probably wouldn't hurt to eat something, but heading to a tavern's hardly much fun as exploring the campus," Medina said. "And Drayco said that the classroom would be hidden. Not very well hidden if it's the tavern, so we'll surely have to go elsewhere in order to find class. And, also, most adventures start the moment you take one foot and place it in front of another. And that doesn't matter where you are."
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:46 pm

Women's Hallway

Drayco moves fast, he's already out of sight.

There is a noise from behind the girls, however... as Mana hesitantly sneaks out of her room, wearing her wine-colored robe with the hood up again, a fairly plain dark-colored walking staff in one hand. "U-uhm... i-if I won't be a burden to you all... may I come with? S-safety in numbers, and all..." She mutters quietly.

Sleeping Dragon Inn, 10:30

After about ten minutes of awkward silence, the well-endowed halfling heads back out, and puts a pair of platters in front of the fuzzy things of various size categories. A Likal-sized one for Likal, and a larger one for Davarioc. Each platter comes with what looks like something akin to a heavily watered down fruit-based ale (in bowl form for Likal), a bit of bread, and a small chunk of orangey cheese.
"Eat up! I know you guys have class in an hour or so, but make sure you don't eat too fast. Proper digestion and all."

From what Likal can smell, Jenna has leveled up her cooking skill. Dee-licious.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:01 pm

Women's Hallway

"I thought that was the plan," Medina says. "Of course, you can come with us. The more the merrier, right?"
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:28 am

Women's Hallway
"Absolutely," said Mia. "Just a second..." She ducked into her room, and emerged a moment later, minus her bathing kit, and wearing her belt of many pouches.

"Right, let's get going then. To the tavern!" she declaimed, setting off boldly.

In the wrong direction.

Oops.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:24 pm

The kender followed after Mia, not pointing out the fact that they were going the wrong way. Maybe Mia knew something she didn't.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Sleeping Dragon Inn
Likal wastes very little time breaking into the roasted little bird. "Thansh Jenna," he says through a mouthful of fowl.

"Say Davarioc, you a mage or something?" he asks between bites. "You're one of the deepest thinkers I've met since I got here. You know, except for the ones who have stuff floating around their heads."
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:01 pm

((Davarioc, Sleeping Dragon Inn))
For Davarioc the silence was less awkward, seeing how for the chummy Black Orcs being together was purpose in itself, talking was optionally. He's got a thankful nod for Jenna... gotta get used to the various meanings a nod can have... before he starts inspecting the various pieces of food, the art of cooking not exactly well developed from where he got from.
"I got less magic in me than a chuck of rock. At least that's what our Head Shaman says." It's hard to tell, but he seems rather disappointed about that. "A non enchanted one, you know. I just think a lot, don't know why... or what for... what about you?"
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 am

Sleeping Dragon Inn (10:30)
Likal nodded - useful gesture, that! "Yeah, I'm in the Sorcery program. Dean Gemblossom said there's something weird about how my body interacted with the spell that gave me my mind and that's how I got my talent; I don't really get it all, but I guess it means I've got more magic than most rocks."
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:09 am

((Alright, I've apparently caught the goddamn plague with how sick I am right now, so I'm going to be gone for a few days until I'm not basically bedridden and in pain. Sorry folks, back when I'm alive. X_x ))
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:12 pm

((Still I wait for Kerri's player))
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:37 am

OOC:(BTW, Atashi, Selene or Mana will have to be the one to point out that Medina and Mia are going the wrong direction, if anybody. Up to you whether Selene is the one to do so. Oh, and pouches, I wonder what's inside them...)
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:04 pm

((Emergency backup GM activated! For simplicity's sake, I think everyone's more-or-less at about 10:30 now, since no one's left in the dorms.))

Mia, Medina, Selene, & Mana - Kitties and Kender (Unknown Location)
Mia's poor sense of direction leads them to a large open building made of roughly carved stone. A cool breeze flows from the entrance, a slight reprieve from the late summer heat. All manor of students mill about, although many large, burly, and angry students move with more purpose than others.

Mana shrinks behind Medina and Mia and pulls her hood lower. "Are... are you sure that - Eep!" She squeaks as a muscle-bound ogre barrels past next to them. "Um... that this is... t-the right place?"

Likal, Davarioc, & Weldir - Sleeping Dragon Inn
Likal continues eating his delicious food. He's got more magic than most rocks, you know!

Weldir and his roommate chill at their table. They might be chatting, I don't know.

Tyrone & Kerri - Sylvan Hall
Last seen, Tyrone was seeing if Kerri was okay after she got booted out of a tree.

Avery, Katarina, Reginald, Jolitha, & Drayco
These folks are off doing something, somewhere. What or where, I really don't know. Sorry, folks.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 am

The location of the Kitties
Mia studied the building before them with a frown of concentration. "Um... maybe? I guess we go in and ask. If not, we can probably get directions."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:04 am

The Kitties and the Kender

Medina nods at this, and approaches a large, burly half-orc. "Hey, you overgrown son of a cowardly goblin, you wouldn't have the brain in your head to direct us to either the tavern or to Adventuring 101, would you? I bet my friend(gesturing to Mia) here an interesting ring that you wouldn't have an idea in your head where either would be, much less anything else."
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem