"Sigil Prep" RP - First Day (Monday, 10/1)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: "Sigil Prep" RP - New Student Orientation (Friday, 9/28)

Postby BinaryWraith on Mon May 02, 2011 2:37 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:Mia followed Selene's glance, and made a face at the notion that she was locked out of her room before she'd even seen it.

"That sounds like a great idea," she said, with a smile for her new friends. "Thanks."

"Company's welcome. "Kat smiles, snagging the keys off of 3L's doorknob and proffering one to Selene before opening the door herself. "After all, we're all out of our element, and it's nice to meet some people who can carry on a conversation about something other than trade routes." And who are, in their own way, just as strange as I am. I'm sure that was a Sun elf out there earlier, can't have gossip getting back home...
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Mon May 02, 2011 5:42 pm

With his question answered, and nothing else to do, Reginald made his way back to room 3C. "Now's a good a time as any." he muttered to himself, plucking a key from the door. He slowly stuck it into the door and turned it to get a feel for the lock, then when it was unlocked, opened the door and looked around his new room. Noticing the panel where a light switch would be, he opened it curiously and turned up the light. He examined the beds for a moment before deciding that he wanted the one to the left. He leaned back into it and just stared at the ceiling for a few minutes, thinking about everything that had brought him to sigil prep. His thoughts soon turned to his classes. what they might be like, what he would learn, who he would meat in them. His thoughts again turned to his room mate. This "Tyrone Ramses" he would be rooming with. He wondered what kind of person he would be, and whether or not they could get along.
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Mon May 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Selene takes the proffered key and quickly tucks it in a pocket situated underneath her robes' top and facing her skin near the chest region...so to all who look, it seems as if she nonchalantly tucks it into her cleavage, "Right, so which would you prefer for the beds, Kat? More sunlight or...." she realizes there are two windows, "...more sunlight? Drat, looks like neither of us can avoid that. Oh well, at least I can't get sunburned..." which at that moment she looks aside to Mia and asks, "Since it's just us here," and the door is shut as soon as both Mia and Kat are in the room, "You may as well get comfy, Mia. Which, if it means no clothes, I can't object to...even if it is important for modesty to wear something." she's blushing, obviously, but she does seem to have Mia's comfort in mind rather than being obviously lecherous.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon May 02, 2011 9:10 pm

If the crowd was quite this year then perhaps it was because Kerri was still in a state of shock from her electrifying encounter with the dean. Her bright blue hair, still tied into pigtails with red ribbons, is now puffed and standing straight up from the static. Before she departs to check on her room, she stops a moment to ask Bill in her hoarse voice, "What is the hall's policy on pets?" She sticks up a pinky finger, "small ones," she then wiggles all her webbed fingers, "the squirmy slimy kind? You know, that keep..." She looks around then says in a lower volume "that keep chamber pots clean?" She is of course speaking of some variety of worms. Such useful, yet oft misunderstood creatures worm are.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Tue May 03, 2011 12:42 am

"I... don't know. Ask Auren, at the front desk. He should know."
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChroniclerC on Tue May 03, 2011 1:02 am

"Should be okay," piped up Likal from the couch. "Lots of Arcane and Druidic students have little helper critters, and they're allowed to keep those in the dorms. That's kinda like a pet, right?" He kept an eye on the electrified frog-girl. He could smell the ozone lingering on her, and didn't want anything to do with the Dean's little "gift". "'Sides, if you're not allowed to have 'em, they won't make it into your luggage."
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Tue May 03, 2011 4:46 am

((Davarioc, House Ghalland, floor between 3B and 3A))
"Oh, I do like talking. But as said, there is not much to talk about." The Black Orc had to talk somewhat louder by now, having reached the door to the next room.
Davarioc stood there observing the door for a few moments before fingering one of the keys from the knob and reading the note attached to it. Another few moments where spent observing the door... then he seemed to have made the connection... and opened it.
He turned back to the Goblin. "Is competing the right word?"
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Tue May 03, 2011 9:48 am

"Yep." Responds the goblin. "Firstyear's supposed to be some kinda test. Only some of us get to actually get to the rest o' this place." Reks grins a toothy grin. "So's far as I know, we're all workin' against each other. Adventurers gotta be good at workin' together, but unless y'got a paladin on yer team, you only gotta be better than the next guy."

The blonde desert-dressed floaty guy pops back out of 3D at this point, giving a Hrmf of disapproval. "Good theory, but it won't get you far. The Final isn't a solo competition." He says as he looks down the hall at Davarioc and Reks. "If I were you, I would spend the year making sure you got three buddies you trust to watch your back."
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Tue May 03, 2011 10:43 am

The kool wrote:"I... don't know. Ask Auren, at the front desk. He should know."
"Not that you'll need them," he adds.

Avery walked swiftly down the hall, plucked the remaining key up, only glancing at the note, and pushed the door open further, slipping his way into the room around Davarioc. He spent a moment looking around, acknowledged his stuff sitting on the bed by the large window, and started looking out the windows. After only a moment, he noticed something odd with the wall next to him, and stepping over to examine it more closely, he pushed, and the section of wall slid neatly to one side, revealing an opening onto the balcony. With a smile of satisfaction, he stepped through, sliding the door to behind him, less than a minute total since he entered the room. He placed his hands on the railing at the edge of the balcony, leaning out to get a better view and feel the wind through his hair. He stretched his wings, debating whether or not to take a short flight.

You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Tue May 03, 2011 10:50 am

The courtyard below is beautiful, nice green grass around a rather large fountain designed to resemble some kind of ornate dragon, crafted entirely of what looks like jade and marble. There's a large cleared section at the other side, on which a raised wooden stage is set, perfect for sparring, practicing combat, or even a bardic performance. Off a good ways past it as well, Avery can spy some archery bullseyes, meant to be fired at from near the stage as well.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue May 03, 2011 11:09 am

Room 3L
"Modesty?" Mia gave the other catgirl a confused look. "What does being modest have to do with... oh, you mean the 'nudity taboo' thing. I've never had one of those," she added, taking Selene up on her invitation to 'get comfy', peeling her shirt and shorts off, leaving her with just her fur and a many-pocketed belt.

"Ah, that's much better... We Felisari don't go in for that sort of thing, especially those of us from the Southern continent, like me. If we're cold, we wear clothing, but if it's too hot, like it is here, then why bother? Apart from having someplace to carry things, or for protection. Or for formal occasions. That's why I was asking about the dress code - if it's going to be this hot all the time, I'm not going to wear any more clothing than I have to. Which reminds me - did either of you see what the bathing facilities are like here?"
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Tue May 03, 2011 2:29 pm

(( Room 3L ))

Shrugging out of her frock coat, Kat eyes the room a bit before turning to her roommate. "If you've no objection, I'll take the bed by the big window. I like to keep an eye on the weather, anyway." The coat is absently tossed atop the battered oilskin sea bag that apparently passes for luggage as she heads over to see what sort of view the window offers. At Mia's explanation, Kat glances back over her shoulder, raising an eyebrow. "I guess fur does have its benefits."
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby nokvok on Tue May 03, 2011 4:17 pm

((Davarioc, House Ghalland, in front of 3A))
With absentminded fluent motions, the Black Orc made space for Avery while throwing his head back and barking at the Goblin and the floaty person who must be eitehr Drayco or Likal. "We've got a whole year to figure that out, not gonna have an Idea stuck in my head before I even saw what's going on..." though indeed, Davarioc would muchly prefer a hundred Toola over a hundred Ak Ha Nim... "... I'm here to learn anyways." And with that sort of ended the talk by stepping into the room and quietly closing the door.

((in 3A))
Now this was weird, he had been pretty sure the tall, winged elf had gone into the room, but now it was empty. Convinced that this would have a plausible explanation, Davarioc did not bother with surprise of investigations. Instead sitting down on the quite comfy bed which held his luggage.
He started to sort through his things, confirming that nothing had been taken or added while unpacking the few things that were worth unpacking... mostly the furs suffered from being stuffed into a bag, but also some tools, change loin cloths, some talismans and a book would find their place in the dresser or desk.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue May 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Selene had turned away from Mia as the other catgirl got to undressing, her gaze currently occupied by eying Kat's gear and choice of travel, "I have no objections to you taking the sunlight, Kat." she states, afterwards turning to see Mia and tightly resisting the urge to clamp her eyes shut at seeing her without clothes. She moves over to her bed, where the two very simple and practically-designed bags sat, all monochrome white that looks much like the kind you'd encounter in a hospital. She starts unpacking, pulling out mostly clothing from one of the bags and searching for somewhere to stow it all away and taking her time to do so. "So...what did you two used to do at your home world?"
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Tue May 03, 2011 7:27 pm

ChroniclerC wrote:"Should be okay," piped up Likal from the couch. "Lots of Arcane and Druidic students have little helper critters, and they're allowed to keep those in the dorms. That's kinda like a pet, right?" He kept an eye on the electrified frog-girl. He could smell the ozone lingering on her, and didn't want anything to do with the Dean's little "gift". "'Sides, if you're not allowed to have 'em, they won't make it into your luggage."

"What a relief, with any luck and favorable weather I will be able to raise a small swarm of delicious, um how you say, goo beetles, no, treats, YES treats from my homeland," Kerri says cheerfully to Likal. She gives a polite curtsey to the artic fox and finishes her conversation, "in my spare time after studies of course." With that take her leave of his presence. She walks the short distance to the door marked "3G" and takes her key before entering the room.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue May 03, 2011 7:57 pm

And only now does Lapis re-emerge from the room she's sharing with Bill, watching Kerri leave, "So...did it go well? I'm assuming no problems have arisen yet?" she asks, looking around the room with some curiosity.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Tue May 03, 2011 8:32 pm

Dorms - Lounge
Likal respectfully waits for Kerri to be around the corner and out of sight before shuddering at the idea of her chamber-pot cleaning goo beetles being called "treats".
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue May 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Lapis smirks at Likal, walking over to him and kneeling down to look him in the eyes, "Hey, so how do you think it'll go this time around for your first year?" she seems a lot more welcoming at the moment for some odd reason, though judging by how she's approached him with the Lounge mostly empty...that could be one part of it all.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Tue May 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Dorms - Lounge
Likal stares back for a moment, trying to figure out if it's a friendly question, or a mocking one. "Last one went just fine right up 'till the end there," he replies.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue May 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Lapis nods, "That's good to hear. I hope it goes that well this time around, sans the ending." She then stands up, her tail actually visible now that she's being less directly icy, "So, want to sit down and talk for a while? I've heard a few things about last year and was curious whether I should confirm what I'd heard...y'know, figure out if the gossip was true?"
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Tue May 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Third Floor Lobby

Drayco heads back into the lobby area, floating just off the ground, until he comes over to flop on the couch by Likal. "Bad news. They didn't fix our climate control." He says, ruffling his fluffy roommate's fur.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed May 04, 2011 12:36 am

Room 3L
Atashi-Cloud wrote:Selene had turned away from Mia as the other catgirl got to undressing, her gaze currently occupied by eying Kat's gear and choice of travel, "I have no objections to you taking the sunlight, Kat." she states, afterwards turning to see Mia and tightly resisting the urge to clamp her eyes shut at seeing her without clothes. She moves over to her bed, where the two very simple and practically-designed bags sat, all monochrome white that looks much like the kind you'd encounter in a hospital. She starts unpacking, pulling out mostly clothing from one of the bags and searching for somewhere to stow it all away and taking her time to do so. "So...what did you two used to do at your home world?"

"Pretty much the same thing I'm here to do," Mia replied. "My uncle is in the magical artefact trade; that is, he makes and sells magical items for adventurers and other travellers. I've been fascinated by that kind of thing since I was a kitten, so as soon as I was old enough, he let have access to his workshop, as long as I cleaned up after myself, and helped out in the store occasionally. One of his regular customers is my..." she paused for a moment, "...my 'godmother', I guess you'd call her, and she offered to sponsor me here. Especially after the last -" she broke off, the insides of her ears turning a deeper shade of their normal pink. "Uh, how about you, Kat?" she added, in a cheery 'let's change the subject quickly' tone.

((Fun fact: Felisari blush with their ears, rather than their faces - if a Felisari speaks of being "hot-eared", it means the same as "red-faced" for a human.))
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Wed May 04, 2011 8:40 am

Atashi-Cloud wrote:And only now does Lapis re-emerge from the room she's sharing with Bill, watching Kerri leave, "So...did it go well? I'm assuming no problems have arisen yet?" she asks, looking around the room with some curiosity.

"Just the usual consternation at the dorm pairings," Bill said, and retreated into the room to get some rest. By the look of this group, he'd be needing all he could get.

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed May 04, 2011 4:49 pm

The kool wrote:"Just the usual consternation at the dorm pairings," Bill said, and retreated into the room to get some rest. By the look of this group, he'd be needing all he could get.

Lapis nods to Bill, "Right, that's per normal...." and once she sees Drayco close by she stands up fully and offers a hand to him in a handshake, "Just so there's less friction between us in the year to come, since I know the lot you went through. If anything comes up you'd like to complain to me about, I'll lend you an ear if I'm feeling generous..." she states, leveling a much warmer gaze that doesn't seem quite like her usual attitude towards people.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Wed May 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Drayco blinks, then floats up in the air to be on eye level with her as he shakes her hand, though he's still sitting crosslegged. Apparently he does that a lot. He doesn't seem like a mage...
"Sure thing, just don't expect much, I'm not the type to care too much about my problems. I just flow like the wind, after all."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem