MLP:FiM IRC roleplay chat

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: MLP:FiM IRC roleplay chat

Postby The kool on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Debating. I could be on the latter half of that time fairly regularly... starting in two weeks. Sorry.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Vulcan Love Slave [April Fools]

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Atashi-Cloud wrote:looks like a good bio sheet to me. I shall work on a bio myself for a bit to make sure it helps. ^_^

Pony Name: Solid Gear
Cutie Mark: a cog(or gear) with the hole in the center gone
Appearance: Has a lightish brown coat color, marred only by her right front leg which is a metal prosthetic she'd made herself. Has two-toned hair naturally and is a brown mousey color with a similar brown with lighter reddish highlighting, her eyes a deep turquoise color that shines in bright lighting. Lacks a tail, due to machinery constantly yanking it out, but otherwise is a normal pony. No wings or unicorn horns for this girl.
Friendship element: (left blank for the moment)
Grade: Freshmen
Fluff/History: Is a very mechanically-skilled pony, tends to be more focused on dealing with machines rather than anypony due to the fact she can understand machines better than any other pony in her family. She had parents, but being orphaned as a filly just never let her catch up when it came to being around other ponies, so she's a little socially awkward when it comes to large groups of ponies. She's otherwise a really nice pony to be around, if a bit rough due to her long times of working with machinery. Her biggest hobby is to develop new machines to benefit everypony in some way, having even gone to designing some to be powered by ponies as well. The greatest thing she's ever done is to design her prosthetic, since it works like a real leg and replaces the one she'd lost long ago from an accident while making a pony-powered generator that helps supply some ponies in a big city with a workout center AND energy source. Her academic capabilities are great, while her capability to perform in them is a little bad...she's smart and knows books, but does badly in tests and practical exams due to the serious nature in them. If you ever meet this pony, be assured you will find her fun and interesting to talk to, if a bit on the technical side.

Ah, I missed this because it was edited into an older post. Looks good. Friendship element is blank, but thats okay for now. It can be figured out as we go along. (^_^) b Approved.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:38 pm

That's fine, Sleepy.

As for everyone else joining, Sleepy's busy this weekend so I'm kinda in-charge until he's done. I'll be around for help with the character ideas if you need it, and to guide any mini-RPs that come up as a result of getting into character. ^_^;
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Pony Name: Dynamite Blast

Cutie Mark: Explosion!

Appearance:

Friendship element: (Thinking about it...)

Grade: Freshman

Fluff/History: He got his cutie mark by trying to light stuff on fire, and making it explode. It was a very epic explosion. (More detail after I've had time to think and bounce ideas.)

You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:31 am

Pony Name: Marissa Inaba

Cutie Mark: A magnifying glass.

Appearance: Marissa is tiny and scrawny; if it weren't for her cutie mark, she'd often be mistaken for being a filly. Her coat is a very pale pink, and her mane is dark blue with black highlights tied back with a pale yellow bow. She has red eyes.

No I am not adding in the cutie mark that takes EFFORT which I am not willing to put in right now (seriously this took all of a minute to make the cutie mark will take FOREVER to get to look right.)

Friendship element: Reason.

Grade: Freshman because I am too lazy to come up with a good reason against.

Fluff/History: (where is the personality field honestly I'm so ashamed of you all) Marissa is a precocious little bugger. She's fairly smart but incredibly lazy and very much a brat. She is in general out for her own amusement; others' needs are a secondary concern for her.

Marissa was the last in her class to get her cutie mark, and she got it unusually late. As a result, she was teased by her peers or else assumed to be a filly who got advanced a few grades, and was socially ostracized. As a result she isn't very used to having friends, and is a bit socially awkward at times. She often comes off as terse or mean because of it, when in actuality she just isn't very used to dealing with people.

Hey guys guess what franchise I'm lazily ripping off first one to get the character this is supposed to be gets a cookie. An INTERNET cookie.

So nothing, basically, beyond the satisfaction that you are at least as big a nerd as I.
Last edited by Author-Man on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:51 pm

DynamiteBlast and Marissa Inaba are approved (^_^) b.

Now I just need to update the wiki. I think we might have enough players.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Is mentally hammering out the concept of a Sea Unicorn
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:45 pm

Sea Pony Name: Thrice Clever Deliverer Of Trickery's Jubilations

Land Pony Name: Tricky Twice

Cutie Mark: Two Smiling Masks (3 when in his normal form)

Appearance: A filly looking colt with orange fure and blue mane and tail done up... all girly, really.

Friendship element: Tolerance

Fluff/History: Tricky is a Sea Pony, from the sea. He earned his name and cutie mark when he played three great pranks on his village, since then he has been a problem child, between playing tricks and woeing girls as well. Even when he began to master magic for the purpose of tricks, he found his fellows wising up more then his liking so he ran off for the land. He had heard land ponies were gullible and land fillies were easy. He got an elder unicorn who was all to happy to be rid off him to give him the spell of transforming into a land pony before he took off for good.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BinaryWraith on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Tempted. And I shouldn't be. But I am...
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:22 pm

If it's worth anything, I'll just say that you don't absolutely need to be that knowledgeable about MLP or much of the characters to really join. I mean, the entire setting is pretty much described right here. ^_^;

That said, if you do find yourself wanting to, go on ahead and pop up a bio?
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby IceTigerLily on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Well, if I don't do this now it'll never get done! ^^;

Pony Name: Dusty Feathers

Pony Species: Pegasus (I figured it'd be worth adding...)

Cutie Mark: A Feather Duster

Appearance: Dusty has a pale yellow coat, but the tips of her wings are stained brown due to her habit of using them to clean everything! Her aqua mane and tail are styled in a look reminiscent of the 50's. She is generally bigger than most fillies in both height and width. Her wings resemble those of a dove. (Pic to follow soonish...)

Friendship Element: Courage (Can be discussed if needs be)

Fluff/History: Although her OCD-esque behaviour makes her seem cold and aloof (or should that be ahoof??), Dusty is a very sociable pony and will generally listen to any troubles her friends may have. She is relatively intelligent and tends to do well in exams, she would do better but she never revises - it's not easy being a neat freak! Due to her unforgettable physique, she has often been on the receiving end of different insults and pranks; but she knows better than to let it get to her, and instead uses her newly developed thick skin to stick up for her friends when they're being hurt or humiliated.
But I thought you wanted whining~!!
IceTigerLily
Keenspot Despot

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:17 pm

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:Sea Pony Name: Thrice Clever Deliverer Of Trickery's Jubilations

Land Pony Name: Tricky Twice

Cutie Mark: Two Smiling Masks (3 when in his normal form)

Appearance: A filly looking colt with orange fure and blue mane and tail done up... all girly, really.

Friendship element: Tolerance

Fluff/History: Tricky is a Sea Pony, from the sea. He earned his name and cutie mark when he played three great pranks on his village, since then he has been a problem child, between playing tricks and woeing girls as well. Even when he began to master magic for the purpose of tricks, he found his fellows wising up more then his liking so he ran off for the land. He had heard land ponies were gullible and land fillies were easy. He got an elder unicorn who was all to happy to be rid off him to give him the spell of transforming into a land pony before he took off for good.

Approved (^_^) b

BinaryWraith wrote:Tempted. And I shouldn't be. But I am...

Feel free to listen in on the chat any time. Join us if you like. Good times are meant to be share.

IceTigerLily wrote:Well, if I don't do this now it'll never get done! ^^;

Pony Name: Dusty Feathers

Pony Species: Pegasus (I figured it'd be worth adding...)

Cutie Mark: A Feather Duster

Appearance: Dusty has a pale yellow coat, but the tips of her wings are stained brown due to her habit of using them to clean everything! Her aqua mane and tail are styled in a look reminiscent of the 50's. She is generally bigger than most fillies in both height and width. Her wings resemble those of a dove. (Pic to follow soonish...)

Friendship Element: Courage (Can be discussed if needs be)

Fluff/History: Although her OCD-esque behaviour makes her seem cold and aloof (or should that be ahoof??), Dusty is a very sociable pony and will generally listen to any troubles her friends may have. She is relatively intelligent and tends to do well in exams, she would do better but she never revises - it's not easy being a neat freak! Due to her unforgettable physique, she has often been on the receiving end of different insults and pranks; but she knows better than to let it get to her, and instead uses her newly developed thick skin to stick up for her friends when they're being hurt or humiliated.

Aprroved (^_^) b

Major updates to the wiki!

http://editthis.info/Egs_mayhem/MLP:FiM_IRC_RP

The first two RP logs and Summaries are up. Go read them and enjoy the silly ponies. Player bios have been moved to the wiki. NPC information is being added as it is discovered by the players in the RP. Check back often for updates. Who knows what neat new things we'll discover each day ^_^
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Vulcan Love Slave [April Fools]

Postby BinaryWraith on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:06 pm

Why not.

Pony Name: Whiteout

Cutie Mark: A storm cloud with a snowflake.

Appearance: A solid white pegasus pony, big for his age and heavily built, with long mane and tale in shades of blue.

Friendship element: Loyalty.

Grade: Freshman.

Fluff/History: Whiteout has mostly been seen among his pegasus peers as the big, slow, clumsy guy. Never one for aerobatics, Whiteout did impress his instructors with sheer flying endurance. The others still hassled him about it, that is until he returned from summer break's growth spurt two hands taller and a lot more muscle from spending his time hauling air cargo with his father and older brothers. He'd probably be popular, but his refusal to go out for any sports or afterschool activities instead of helping out in the family business tends to put the less responsible ponies off.

Tends to get mediocre grades, mostly due to never turning in any homework that isn't absolutely mandatory.

Whiteout often fails to show up to school on days when the weather is truly terrible, for some reason...
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:27 pm

How often should I be appearing?

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:37 pm

We play most days. Currently, we are on break for Father's Day weekend. Just show up whenever and I'll write you into or out of the story as needed. It takes like zero effort on my part. This is designed to be as convenient as possible for the players.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mandros on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:56 am

i am semi interested in joining in but due to scheduling issues (i work all night and sleep all day leaving little time to be online when everyone else is) i may however show up to watch and if i find out that i can work my schedule so that i can join in i might put up a bio.
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Totally understandable, Mandros. We'll enjoy having you to watch, so don't worry about dropping in without immediate notice. :D
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Remember kids, it's the Summer Solstice today. Say hello to the hardest-working celestial body in the sky!
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Hello NMM!

>.>

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mandros on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:25 pm

i might drop in soon'ish in the mean time bio going up

Pony Name: nod
QT Mark: a pillow
Appearance:

Friendship element: honesty
Grade: freshmen
Fluff/History: nod is a narcoleptic. in other words he can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. he has a habit of falling asleep in strange places and can even sleep while standing. When he is awake he is a rather quiet guy. never shying from the truth he has a tendency to put his hoof in his mouth. Hence how he got so quiet but when he need to make a point he makes it clear. being an earth pony he is quite strong and is a hard worker .... when he is awake that is.

working on an RP

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BinaryWraith on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:03 pm

This RP is the Best RP, because it has ponies...

And pie!
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby IceTigerLily on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:05 pm

I just realised I never put up a pic of Dusty! *shockandhorror*

Just look at her, poor filly. :(
But I thought you wanted whining~!!
IceTigerLily
Keenspot Despot

Postby Antoine Bruce on Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:30 pm

So Sleepy and I were talking over IRC and he roped me into joining I read the log completely of my own volition and then expressed my interest. So.

Pony Name: Crosscomet

Cutie Mark: A silver shield with a red comet streak

Appearance: An earth pony with a maroon coat and a powder blue mane and tail that are bushy, but not wild. Average height but a fair bit wider than most fillies.

Friendship element: Selflessness

Fluff/History: Crosscomet would likely be in the yearbook for "Most Likely to Headbutt a Dragon," if there was such a poll. While she'll fiercely defend her friends and try to assist people in need, she often does so recklessly without thought to her own safety, and for that matter, whether or not they actually need the help. She's also been called a "cannonball on legs" for her tendency to sprint short distances at impressive speed but not be able to stop herself in time to run into something or someone. She was granted her cutie mark after tackling and fighting off a pair of bullies beating up a young colt for refusing to give into their demands. (As she would put it, "Being a cannonball on legs has its advantages, you know. For instance, knocking bullies right off their hooves.")
Antoine Bruce = Neurotic Bane | Not even remotely my real name.
Antoine Bruce
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Pony Name: Shilly Shally

Cutie Mark: A pocket watch, not dissimilar to how the white rabbit pocket watch in Alice in Wonderland is portrayed, representing her talent for making sure she does things in the shortest amount of time as possible

Appearance: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/shilly.png/

Friendship element: The Element of Promises

Fluff/History: Shilly Shally does not dilly dally! Every day she does the same routine. She has plotted the fastest way to every lesson, every place she needs to be and has an exact schedule to stick to. When these schedule isn’t stuck to, she tends to get a little worried. If something needs changing with her schedule, she likes alot of forewarning to work out the best way of doing something.
The result. A pony who is always on time, always keeps her promises, first to arrive and the last to leave.
As a result of this almost obsession with doing everything in the shortest time possible, she can often make Shilly seem distance or disinterested, but if you catch her when her routine is over or during something where she is sat down, she is sociable, polite and kind. If she feels the need to help a friend, she will throw her schedule out the window, but these occasions are rare. She is also very good at planning for things.
Her unicorn powers are all to do with measurement and time.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mandros on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:11 pm

hey book why did you leave so quickly last time. well we hope to see you next sunday.

working on an RP

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem