MLP:FiM IRC roleplay chat

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

MLP:FiM IRC roleplay chat

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:27 am

This thread is now about ponies see information below
Link: http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?p=3631047#p3631047

========================
In keeping with the mayhem tradition I put out a silly RP discussion for April 1st aka April Fools day. Didn't generate as much feigned interest as I would have hoped for, but there's always next year. Feel free to use this thread to list any neat April fools stuff you have found on the interwebs today.

Personal log Stardate 50246.6
While on a mission to investigate anomalous sensor near a newly discovered M-class planet, our runabout was critically damaged by an explosion of yet unknown origin. We initiated an emergency beam out to the back Starship. The anomaly, however, interfered with the transporters in mid beam and damaged the rematerialization systems beyond repair outside of a starbase. The nearest starbase is weeks away and crew patterns can only last in a transporter buffer for so long before they completely degrade. Thinking fast, our captain ordered the ship's computer to overwrite any memory necessary to store our patterns in the ship's computer. It worked, but our patterns were so complex that the ship lost almost all computer function. It is basically adrift, but our story doesn't end there.

As it turns out, holodecks are designed to hold complex pattern data. We the victims of the transporter accident awoke to find our selves on holodeck 2 only instead of being visitors, we are the holograms! And what's more is that the holonovel we found ourselves inserted into was the Ferengi erotica known as Vulcan Love Slave.

==================================

This is a romance novel based RP set in a Star Trek holodeck and your characters are unwillingly trapped there as holograms. They must play out there part as a holocharacter or risk ending the program. If the program ends, all character files are erased from the temporary memory and restored to default. In other words, the program must continue to run or everyone on the away team dies. Since the computers ship wide are burdened with merely storing your mental data there is little that can be done to improve your situation until a rescue starship makes the week long journey to your location and then tows you back to the nearest starbase by tractor beam.

**Character Bios accepted today only!**
Don't worry about the details too much when filling out the holocharacter information. Backgrounds don't need to make too much sense. RP redeemable points will be awarded for the zaniest character submitted. Extra points are awarded for keeping the backgrounds within the parameters of a PG-13 level romance novel.

Okay for bios I am looking for:

Original Body
Name:
Species/Race:
Job duties:
Why you were on the away mission:
Background:

Holocharacter Body
Name:
Species/Race:
Profession:
Description:
Background:
Last edited by SleepyOrigami on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Vulcan Love Slave [RP Disc]

Postby The kool on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:43 pm

what is this I don't even

At least, that's what I thought when I saw the title. Now, I'm still not sure. I just have no idea what you were thinking.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Vulcan Love Slave [RP Disc]

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Ah, interest in the RP. Excellent. Any stereotypical romance novel character will be approved. Pirates, kidnapped princesses, thieves with hearts of gold, overbearing wealthy lords and ladies, even members of a harem, you think it you write it. I'll put together a story based on the best combination of character backgrounds. For example, if most people are pirates or slave merchants, perhaps the scene will be on a ship or at a harbor. If most people are slaves and nobles then perhaps a mansion or city setting would be more appropriate. You the players contribute to the decision of where this story takes place by providing characters?

If there are no other questions, bios must be posted today for consideration. No late bios will be accepted. This RP will start very early tomorrow morning!

Don't think about it to hard, just write the first thing that comes to mind. :D
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Vulcan Love Slave [April Fools]

Postby The kool on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:55 am

Ah. I should have known. Only now does it even remotely make sense.

You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:04 am

This is even funnier because someone took it seriously. :lol:
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:20 pm

Luckily I was gone over the weekend. I totally would have fallen for this. Darn am I gullible.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:38 pm

The premise of this is rather reminiscent of the "Our Man Bashir" episode of Deep Space Nine.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:38 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:The premise of this is rather reminiscent of the "Our Man Bashir" episode of Deep Space Nine.

Good call, but only reminiscent? It's almost a carbon copy of the plot. The slight variations are hardly worth mentioning. I intended for that to be one of many subtle hints that this RP was a joke. Other examples of hints are the intentionally bad grammar of the introduction post and the stress on bios being needed "TODAY ONLY". There are some other subtle things I did to give the thread a bit of an odd feeling, a certain strangeness, to make it seem out of place yet somehow believable to the unwary.

nokvok wrote:Luckily I was gone over the weekend. I totally would have fallen for this. Darn am I gullible.

No worries, it was intended as a trick after all. A benign trick, but a trick non-the-less. Though I am curious, would you have shown interest if it had been real?

TingYi wrote:This is even funnier because someone took it seriously. :lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Look forward to next year's RP :wink:
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby nokvok on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:07 am

Probably not. I tend to avoid enactments of Star Trek as well as romance focused RPs.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:43 pm

I wouldn't have fallen for this but I'm thinking a none romantic version could be fun to have an actual RP of
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun May 08, 2011 6:33 pm

kgirl1992 wrote:I wouldn't have fallen for this but I'm thinking a none romantic version could be fun to have an actual RP of

Nah.

Although, I have been kicking around an idea for a captain planet style RP set in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic universe. I got the idea from episode two about the five elements of harmony that when their powers combine, with the spark of friendship as a catalyst, form the sixth and most power element of all. After their battle with Nightmaremoon, everypony representing an element received magical jewelery in the shape of their cutie mark. So naturally I expected the rest of the series to feature magic jewelry lasers and catchphrases like "let our powers combine." It was rather disappointing that the necklaces were NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN.

Sigh.

Opportunity lost. Unless, I could interest you in being a pony-teer who fights to protect Equestria against all manner of foal minded villains? You could be an Earthpony with a natural strength boost, a pegasus pony with flight and cloud walking abilities plus a speed boost, or even a unicorn pony with a proficiency in telekinesis and at least one form of disciplined magic skill. There would be all kinds of magical creatures too like dragons, manticores, cockatrices, phoenix and more!

I'd even have a 'special abilities' meter that players could earn points towards charging by using pony based puns or cheesy catchphrases/references in their posts.

Just a thought. I could develop it more and propose an actual RP, but I'm not sure anyone would be interested
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PSychotic on Wed May 11, 2011 5:49 am

hat would be an awesome rp, sleepy. go make it. i need it.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed May 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Man, writing an intro for such an RP is difficult. My first attempt had everyone being magical girls attending the same highschool together but in different cliques. *Crumples and throws in rubbish bin*

My second attempt wasn't much better. It involved a hapless time traveler accidentally interrupting the climatic battle between the mane six and getting himself banished to the moon in the process. This second intro isn't nearly as bad as the first one so I'll post it here for your amusement, but unless my writing skill develops beyond being total tripe I don't think this will ever get off the ground. I warn you. This is pretty aweful writing.

Captain Pony Episode 0: Derp to the Moon

We join Dr. Whoof and his plucky young assistant, Derpy Hooves, in the TARDIS en route to another Advernture. Dr. Whoof is busy piloting his craft as Derpy asks, "Where are we going this time Doctor?"
"Ever heard of the Elements of Harmony, Derpy?" He asks her without looking away from his flashing console.
"No, what are they?" she asks playing along. Derpy knows he would tell her about them even if she did.
"Not what my dear assistant, who. Who were they," the Doctor corrects Derpy as he throws a lever and the TARDIS jerks hard to the left. He pulls a square knob to his right on the control panel and its flight stabilizes once more. "Answer, ancient warriors who fought one of Equestria's most perilous and important historical battles prevailed."
Derpy rolls her eyes in typical derp fashion. She knows where this conversation is heading, but continues to play along, "and who, praytell, were they fighting against?"
"The darkest of evils, princess Celestia's sister," he says as dramatically as possible.
"What? You mean princess Luna? I'd hardly call her evil doctor," Derpy says mildly bemused at the very idea, "a bit of an attention seeker, but evil?"
"Right, well, you say that now, but back then she was known as Nightmare Moon (NMM), bringer of the endless night."
"No," Derpy feigns shock, "you don't say."
"Oh yes, it was only through her defeat at the hooves of the six brave elementals and the power of their friendship that she was able to renounce her naughty ways thus becoming the Luna you know and love today."
Derpy thinks on that for about two seconds then says, "this is all very nice and that's a fascinating story Doctor, but does it have a point?"
"Does it have a point!" the Doctor guffaws in ridicule, "Does it have a point she asks me. My dear, I thought you wanted to know where we are going."
Derpy's head reels as the puzzle pieces come together in her mind, "But Doctor, surely we aren't going to some stuffy old battle field." He gives her a look that say this is exactly what he means. Feeling a bit drained and defeated, she asks once more, "are you absolutely sure it is a good idea to enter a battlefield during a war like this?"
"Oh come now Derpy," he says, his hoof resting on the rematerialization button, "we'll just observe from a distance." Dr. Whoof presses the button and his TARDIS rematerializes.

Meanwhile, at the ruins of the castle of the ancient a battle rages on. "You see NMM, when those elements are ignited by the spark that resides in the heart of us all it creates the sixth element, the element, of Magic!" As Twilight Sparkl (TS)e recites these words, magic necklaces form on each of the elemental ponies. Their powers shoot forth from the foci attached to their necklaces and combine around TS causing her to transform into the overly buff and muscular Captain Pony as she bursts through the roof saying "by your powers combined I am Captain Pony!"

"Go Pony!" a cry calls out from her group of friends. Later, no pony would admit to being the one who cheered this cheer.

Anyways, captain pony summons forth the total power of the Elements of Harmony to form a gigantic rainbow all the way across the sky. "Looks like you need a time out princess," TS says as she redirects the ultimate rainbow of power towards NMM, "another thousand years of banishment ought to be plenty of time to cool your heels." Just as the rainbow is about to strike Luna a blue policebox materializes directly in it's path. The door opens and out steps Doctor Whoof.
"We'll just observe from a distance," he can beheard saying as the doors of his TARDIS open, "It's perfectly safe out HERE-AAH."
With his last words spoken, Captain Pony's rainbow of power wraps itself around him and banishes him to the moon for 1000 years. Without his TARDIS to aid in his escape.
"DOCTOR!"
Derpy shouts in horror as the Doctor vaporizes right before her derpy eyes. She rushes outside and the scene looks even worse. Captain Pony has used up all her energy and the other elementals are now down for the count. A realatively unscathed NMM steps forward and stares Derpy down. The intimidated and bereaved assistant puts up no resistance as NMM brushes her aside and steps into the TARDIS closing the door behind her and laughing manically. Red light pours out of the windows and TARDIS door cracks. The engines whir to life and the sound of the universe appears to be laughing sinisterly along with NMM. And with that she vanishes into the mists of time. Who knows where or when she'll pop up next.

100 years later... At Ponyville High

*Tardis noises*

==================
And that's about when I realized I am a terrible writer and should give up on the idea. It was too bold.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu May 19, 2011 7:18 am

Oh, I don't know. I think it's quite funny... :lol:
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby PSychotic on Thu May 19, 2011 12:53 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:Oh, I don't know. I think it's quite funny... :lol:

as did i.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu May 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Next I suppose you'll want to here me tell my idea about how Applejack's cousin, Apple Spice, went on to become a famous singer in the group Spice Fillies. Their movie Spice Equestria, a musical comedy, left everyone wondering... just what DID happen to the bomb on their Spice bus?

Kidding! Kidding! Ahahaha. No but really, do you think I should continue the story a bit more?
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu May 19, 2011 8:33 pm

By all means. I want to see where this story goes.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sun May 29, 2011 5:43 pm

I think I shall agree with Oz for this...I may have only just started learning this, but I think a bit of help will bring this off the ground with 20% more Cool! x3

...and yes, I was being serious, not using that meme as usually intended. >.>;
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon May 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Alright I've started piecing together a plot with Atashi. So I guess its time to start getting serious about making a real RP.

Our story takes place at Ponyville High School one hundred years after NMM stole the Doctor’s TARDIS. Those events are the basis for the little remembered legend of Doctor Moon. Since NMM was never defeated in the past, the true location of Princess Celestia was never revealed. Thus for the past few generations it has been night time eternal in Equestria. Your Pony Character or PC will be in class when the story starts. You’ll go on to gain a special friendship elemental power and do battle with the darkness NMM brings about.

The plot is still in the works, but here is a basic bio format in case anyone wants to get a start.

Pony Name:

Cutie Mark: (symbol on flank. Represents what make your pony unique.)

Appearance: (bonus if picture provided)

Friendship element: (Note- does not have to be an ‘official’ element.)

Grade: (All will be freshmen unless good reason is given and accepted)

Fluff/History: (things like academic performance, home life, sports, afterschool activities, likes, dislikes etc. are nice)
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:44 pm

looks like a good bio sheet to me. I shall work on a bio myself for a bit to make sure it helps. ^_^

Pony Name: Solid Gear
Cutie Mark: a cog(or gear) with the hole in the center gone
Appearance: Has a lightish brown coat color, marred only by her right front leg which is a metal prosthetic she'd made herself. Has two-toned hair naturally and is a brown mousey color with a similar brown with lighter reddish highlighting, her eyes a deep turquoise color that shines in bright lighting. Lacks a tail, due to machinery constantly yanking it out, but otherwise is a normal pony. No wings or unicorn horns for this girl.
Friendship element: (left blank for the moment)
Grade: Freshmen
Fluff/History: Is a very mechanically-skilled pony, tends to be more focused on dealing with machines rather than anypony due to the fact she can understand machines better than any other pony in her family. She had parents, but being orphaned as a filly just never let her catch up when it came to being around other ponies, so she's a little socially awkward when it comes to large groups of ponies. She's otherwise a really nice pony to be around, if a bit rough due to her long times of working with machinery. Her biggest hobby is to develop new machines to benefit everypony in some way, having even gone to designing some to be powered by ponies as well. The greatest thing she's ever done is to design her prosthetic, since it works like a real leg and replaces the one she'd lost long ago from an accident while making a pony-powered generator that helps supply some ponies in a big city with a workout center AND energy source. Her academic capabilities are great, while her capability to perform in them is a little bad...she's smart and knows books, but does badly in tests and practical exams due to the serious nature in them. If you ever meet this pony, be assured you will find her fun and interesting to talk to, if a bit on the technical side.
Last edited by Atashi-Cloud on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Re: MLP:FiM IRC roleplay chat

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Okay, So what I thought might be a good idea is I created an IRC channel for a My Little Pony Chat based RP.

You'll post your bio here in this thread then join the IRC channel and chat in pony character. IRC is basically a fancypants oldschool chatroom thing.

IRCserver: irc.nightstar.net
Channel: #ponyville

So now that you know where it is, how do you join in? There are lots of IRC programs available, but a simple and free one is called Trillian. It can be downloaded here: http://www.trillian.im/.

Here's how to get to #ponyville using Trillian:

Getting the IRC Add-in
Trillian > Preferences > Customizations > Plug-ins > choose IRC.

Adding an IRC account
Trillian > Manage Accounts > Add a new account > IRC
For Account Name input whatever you want this account to be called by Trillian.
For Nickname input the name you want to show up as in the chat.
For Serverhost input irc.nightstar.net
Click connect once the above information has been input.

Connecting your account to #ponyville
At the top of the Trillian main screen next to your username is now a button with the IRC symbol (as seen on the Plug-in screen from earlier).
Click the IRC button.
A menu opens up scroll down to the account name you created earlier.
A submenu opens. Select Join a Channel from the sub menu.
For Roomtitle input #ponyville.

Alternate Programs such as mIRC, or Firefox add-in ChatZilla:
Step 1: open the program
Step 2: input /server irc.nightstar.net
Step 3: input /join #ponyville

Follow the steps above and you should be able to join the IRC channel I created. Its a bit empty right now since it has just been created today, but its open for use and will make a good RP plaform I think. Anyways I think its worth a try. Let me know.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:22 pm

IRC RPs will eat away your life. You have no idea.

In other words, I may join (when I return from camp in two weeks). Depends on whether or not I want to have anything to do with MLP.

Also, Trillian is free and looks all pretty, but the ads will drive you up a wall. To get rid of them, guess what? You have to pay. I think I prefer Pidgin, myself. Also free, and no ads, and more options(at least ones you can find and figure out how to use) when it comes to IRC.

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Cannot... resist...

blarg, I guess I'll have to suffer through watching MLP first.

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:41 pm

**Submit Bios here. I will collect them and put them on the wiki once this gets started. Link http://editthis.info/Egs_mayhem/MLP:FiM_IRC_RP.

No need to see the show to join in the RP. Everything you need to know about the setting is in the story post above. We'll be starting out in the Ponyville High School where you'll be students.

You'll start out in class and the first story arc will start with the arrival of Nightmare Moon in the stolen TARDIS (see story above). Once the RP starts, each weekday at approximately 7PM CST, the channel topic will change to reflect a major RP event. ((To test things out, from today Thursday June 2nd until the RP starts in earnest the topic will be: "Manticore attack, everypony seek shelter in the gym!" Join the channel post a bit about being in class then act out a manticore attack and describe your escape with friends to the gym.)) The current channel topic will be updated on this thread's title as well for ease of reference.

I will keep my account logged into the channel to record the chat then once daily I will post the chat log into an RP thread here on mayhem.

Game mechanics and standard location tags.

Ponyville High has the following standard locations:

caf- Cafeteria
crr- Colt Restroom
den- detention
eng- English Classroom
frr- Filly Restroom
gym- Gym Classroom
hal- Hallway
mat- Math Classroom
off- Offices
out- Outside on the ground
sci- Science Classroom
sky- Outside in the sky

use the three letter location tag at the beginning of your text to identify where you are. If you are moving from one location to another use the syntax loc1->loc2-

Example: [somepony] eng->hal- "Come on lets get out of here" Rosely yells as she pushes ShortStuff into the hall.

On a separate note, show of hooves, who all is interested in this RP and or currently writing a bio for it?

The kool wrote:Also, Trillian is free and looks all pretty, but the ads will drive you up a wall. To get rid of them, guess what? You have to pay. I think I prefer Pidgin, myself. Also free, and no ads, and more options(at least ones you can find and figure out how to use) when it comes to IRC.

There are ads in Trillian????? How come I never see any? Is it because I use msvp hosts file?
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:13 pm

*raises a hoof*I've done a bio, Sleepy. ^_^; Just figured I'd let ya know.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Next

Return to Mayhem