Favorite Mayhem/RPing Moments of All Time!

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Favorite Mayhem/RPing Moments of All Time!

Postby TingYi on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:48 pm

I'll start....

My favorite RPing moment was not so much a moment as a just you guys rock thing. I made Linn Aern of Magical School as a major screwup from a family of famous magicians. And everybody just played up the famous last name thing without my asking or reminding them. It was nice and just sold me on you all and your awesomeness. Thanks for not making me force that and for just making it a ton of fun to play!
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Re: Favorite Mayhem/RPing Moments of All Time!

Postby anti-paragon on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:37 pm

My favorite RPing was early War thread - before people starting plotting ahead - where everyone paid attention to all the little details and upswept eachother using what we knew of the characters. Everyone was so involved and infatuated, so into the world and helping each other write a great story... or at least it seemed that way from my perspective. Ah, to be a young RPer again. Such bliss.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Sadly, I shall always feel like I missed out on the Golden Age of Mayhem. Wnat's more, I actually had a user, I was just absent for a couple years.

The moments will get back to me soon enough, but from my perspective, they're still in the making! Live on, Mayhem!
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BumRussianElvis on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:47 pm

anti-paragon wrote:My favorite RPing was early War thread - before people starting plotting ahead - where everyone paid attention to all the little details and upswept eachother using what we knew of the characters. Everyone was so involved and infatuated, so into the world and helping each other write a great story... or at least it seemed that way from my perspective. Ah, to be a young RPer again. Such bliss.

Pretty much all of this. The War! was pretty goodtimes.
The Chronicles of the Jelly Donut. C'mon, you know you wanna know what is is.
psycho_BUNNY wrote:The Slavic Hobo King of Rock 'n Roll.
BumRussianElvis
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jstone on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:24 pm

The Forum Wars: Getting a stupid, freeform RP-type thing noticed by the comics involved was kind of cool. Things rapidly went downhill from there but that first moment, when our actions in this forum garnered a response from an unrelated webcomic, was awesome.
Testimonials:
hammerqueen wrote:I am both impressed and mildly concerned.
BumRussianElvis wrote:Note to self: Don't sing around Jstone when he is armed with impromptu projectiles.
In response to me being called moderator material, pixelhead777 wrote:Not Jstone. NOT Jstone.
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:15 pm

The one that still sticks out most in my mind was that awkward and ADORABLE kiss between Aerich and Sapphire from Creation 2.0. Cementing their romance while being kidnapped after Saph traumatized herself and Aerich nearly got himself killed. D'aww.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Along that line, the romance that sprang up between Cory Delone and Marlee in HHFO Again! stands out for me. That was completely unexpected. I was disappointed when the RP came to a grinding halt, just as the relationship was starting to develop.

And (on an unrelated note) it surprised me when Cory Deleon was suddenly offered the post of Aide-de-Camp in Fort Mayhem.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Piebunny on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:42 pm

The Massive Flaming Plane Crash Thread.
That goat came to me of its own free will.

ImageImage

My buttons have imploded the universe 4 times.
Author of Do the Seconding!
(I take no credit for the Seconding itself; that belongs to ProfessorTomoe.)
Not to mention The Ed Bunny Mysteries!
Hey! I do MSTs! Check 'em out now, funk soul siblings!

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:56 pm

The part where I return after an almost-year-long absence from the forum....

what? I can't enjoy it? Fine, I submit that everything I'd been a part of as my favorite...which includes a fair bit of Mayhem, really.

But no, seriously, I want to return here. I'm going to do my best to gain my old habits again, but it could prove difficult due to being reunited with my old gamer culture from so long ago...

Oh, and for a true fave moment in Mayhem? I personally had a good bit of enjoyment out of MKRP and a few of the older mini-game threads meant just for fun. Although, running the Steel Spork Inn had to be my ultimate fave.....how long ago was that?

*checks date on last post*o O;; yah, uhm...I'm gonna try harder to return. If anyone who actually chats with me notices me online, give me a whap with what's new on Mayhem to remind me, okay?
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:50 am

The Classmates thread, in it's original incarnation. Blizzard of RP, there.
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Yay Atashi!

But yeah, my best moments? Being around such awesome people, who can make such awesome moments. I hope to one day have tales to tell. My hat is off to you, guys.

You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby nightshadow on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:56 am

Drayco wrote:The one that still sticks out most in my mind was that awkward and ADORABLE kiss between Aerich and Sapphire from Creation 2.0. Cementing their romance while being kidnapped after Saph traumatized herself and Aerich nearly got himself killed. D'aww.

That was adorable! I'm so happy that an RP I made made someone's favorite moment. Even if Creation 2.0 was taken out of my hands by Drayco and Blinkdog. Just seeing something I started take off like that was heartwarming, and that might be my favorite moment. Most of my favorite moments come from the many Creation RPs over the years, but the interlude in Creation 2.0, after part of the cast gets kidnapped, and the kidnapped ones are treated well by the various scientists that have captured them, and the rest of the cast discusses courses of actions.
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Yun on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Magical School.

The whole damn thread.
Yun
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:02 pm

YES. That was awesome.

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:21 am

Yeah, barring a few minor things which were more out-of-game issues, MS was an awesome RP.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:17 am

Until the GM got bored with us...*sad face*
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Drayco wrote:Yeah, barring a few minor things which were more out-of-game issues, MS was an awesome RP.

War and MS. Two apparently awesome things that I missed out on.
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby The kool on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:50 am

Alright, one of my favorite DnD scenes of all time just goes to show how as an adventurer, greed CAN save your life!

We were walking down a hallway underground, turned out to be a dead end. Searched for secret doors, found one! Of course. So we open it, and what do we find but a room with a floor covered in gold pieces! There's a door at the far side with some cinda combination puzzle lock, too.

So, what's the first thing we do? Grab up all the gold, of course! Every last piece. Then we try the door. The first combination sets off a trap, a chain lightning from the ceiling... targeted on the floor. Now, our GM admitted that it was supposed to strike the gold that everyone was standing on, and thus hit everyone at once with the first hit. But instead, the first hit ended up not targeting anybody!

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:42 am

I think I remember you telling this story a couple of years ago.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:26 am

Did I? And I tried to remember if I had, too.

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kgirl1992 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:17 pm

I cant pick one thing, I have never been very good at the established RPGs but I LOVE the free form "games" how someone making a random comment about making a lot of typos from lack of sleep but accidentally saying lake and EVERYONE on the thread deciding that meant there was a lake right next to them that put you to sleep if you got too close (this happened on carrot (a long time ago)) and all the totally crazy things that happen in game and people just run with... I love this place

also in RL role playing, playing that my character was drunk

The kool wrote:Did I? And I tried to remember if I had, too.

yes you did, but I only remember cause I was just reading through some old threads
viewtopic.php?p=3510287#p3510287
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:16 am

Oh yeah, different thread. Yeah, I also have to quote one of my brothers, on the topic of another of them: "He goes through characters like changes of underwear."

One time his character came out of a dungeon crawl with 200+ arrows in it(I forget the exact number), a spear jammed down through the length of it from head to groin, the head lopped off, and burnt to a crisp. By about halfway through, they were using his corpse as trap bait. The funny thing is, they got to a teleportation circle at the end, and decided to throw him through first just to be sure. He then fell out of thin air in front of the REST of the party, elsewhere. Fun.

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby KylenPhylar on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Somewhere between Magical School thread, The Original Interdimensonal Bar, Classmates 1.0, and blowing up the whole damn world in Myriad Genesis.
Avatar By Sanchay. Yes, the Original is back
ImageImage
Because I think I am. As does Nok, who counted the points
~ I know -I'm- not dead, just lacking in the meat department. ~: BinaryWraith

Supreme Commander of Fort Mayhem. Meaning No "My Gun is Bigger" fights, got it?

My ForumFics: The Writer's Pen, Wolf of the Seas
KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Cuddling with Hinata, working on a world domination plan.

Postby jwrebholz on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:38 am

I really enjoyed all the RPs I used to be in.

Now that I've found this forum is still alive, perhaps I could get back into it.
jwrebholz
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:43 am

Go for it.

You can always start with one of the "open" RPs, like LPW, or O'Lionheart's Pub, and get your hand back in.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Next

Return to Mayhem