O'Lionheart's Trans-dimensional Pub - Ascension Party

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: O'Lionheart's Trans-dimensional Pub - Now with Live(?) M

Postby nightshadow on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:22 am

Nightshadow gripped the two glasses he was issues and sprinted to the local restroom. Over the course of a few minutes, as Drayco, Jodi and Lia had their conversation, several bizarre and unearthly noises could be heard from the restroom, from screams that obviously came from Nightshadow, to otherworldly roars and cries of unspeakable things.

He emerged several minutes later, shortly after Jodi had left; the contents of the two glasses empty, and his hair mussed and disheveled such that is obscured his eyes. However it was fairly obvious from the sound of sizzling chemical burns that he had poured the drinks over his eyes. When he spoke his dippy, lunatic manner was gone; he spoke in a measured, serious tone that some present might have found familiar.

"If any of you ever encounters me ever again, and I am acting in a manner like that, please take into consideration that Nameless Things may be burrowing into my frontal lobe."
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:28 am

Oz nodded. "Well enough, then." The rest of the bar staff nodded as well, in acknowledgement.

Lia looked at Nightshadow in concern. "Are you in need of Healing?"
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:41 am

OOC Zone
OzLionHeart wrote:((*blinks at the sudden influx of people* Wow! Welcome back, gang! The place hasn't been the same without all of you! :D ))

True that. And for conveniences sake, my character looks like a six foot two human male, short black hair, blue eyes, surprisingly pale. He's hearing completely black featureless armour with black dragonfly wings coming out the back. He's helmet is currently being carried under his arm.

Bar
When the door exploded, Commander Clark turns with a look of concern*

"Just a moment," he says to Kayla as he puts his helmet back on.

*Facing the door, which had now repaired itself, he makes a number of complex gestures. Anyone who can sense magic or eldritch energy can feel the spell. After a moment he takes his helmet of again*

"As I thought."

*He turns back to Kayla*

"As you're busy, I'll get out of your hair ASAP. If you could just box up the supplies, that would be great."
nightshadow wrote:Nightshadow gripped the two glasses he was issues and sprinted to the local restroom. Over the course of a few minutes, as Drayco, Jodi and Lia had their conversation, several bizarre and unearthly noises could be heard from the restroom, from screams that obviously came from Nightshadow, to otherworldly roars and cries of unspeakable things.

He emerged several minutes later, shortly after Jodi had left; the contents of the two glasses empty, and his hair mussed and disheveled such that is obscured his eyes. However it was fairly obvious from the sound of sizzling chemical burns that he had poured the drinks over his eyes. When he spoke his dippy, lunatic manner was gone; he spoke in a measured, serious tone that some present might have found familiar.

"If any of you ever encounters me ever again, and I am acting in a manner like that, please take into consideration that Nameless Things may be burrowing into my frontal lobe."

*The man in the black armour steps over to Nightshadow*

"Sir, perhaps I can help you with that. I know I number of defensive spells and elixirs."
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: O'Lionheart's Trans-dimensional Pub - The Gang's All Her

Postby Drayco on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:37 am

"Thanks, catgirl." He says with a nod, his tone thankful despite the nickname. He waves to Jodi as she leaves, then looks over to Nightshadow's little... episode.
"...well, haven't seen that in a while."
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Xepharon on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:25 pm

Good lord I missed this... one night and multiple pages. Oh, I'm back by the way....and if there's any drinks unclaimed, I think I'll have one. About this time he begins looking around for other familiar people/avatars/muses/dimensional beings.
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Proud Owner of an Evolution Gun
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Kayla quickly obliged Commander Clark, making a quick trip through the "Staff Only" door, and returning with a hand truck piled high with large rectangular containers, half labelled "Meat" and the others labelled as "Dairy". "Here you go, Commander."

Rahvine found himself with a drink in hand, and a familiar voice speaking up from right next to him. "Tell me about it. It was all I could do to post fast enough to keep up, and even then, I kept finding three or four new posts while I was typing." When he turned around, he would find KF-Oz smiling at him, a drink in her own paw (oddly, nobody had seen her enter, much less order a drink). "Hello, Rahv. How have you been? Ready to pick up the storyline in Fort Mayhem?"
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby KylenPhylar on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Ky-2, aka the Kyote, waved to Jodi as she left, wanting to say it was free and on the house, as always, but missing her on the way out. He continued to serve drinks all through out the day, as though he was questing for something.
Avatar By Sanchay. Yes, the Original is back
ImageImage
Because I think I am. As does Nok, who counted the points
~ I know -I'm- not dead, just lacking in the meat department. ~: BinaryWraith

Supreme Commander of Fort Mayhem. Meaning No "My Gun is Bigger" fights, got it?

My ForumFics: The Writer's Pen, Wolf of the Seas
KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Cuddling with Hinata, working on a world domination plan.

Postby Amon Star on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:44 am

OzLionHeart wrote:Kayla quickly obliged Commander Clark, making a quick trip through the "Staff Only" door, and returning with a hand truck piled high with large rectangular containers, half labelled "Meat" and the others labelled as "Dairy". "Here you go, Commander."

*Commander Clark looks back*

"Thank you. But you forget the alcohol."
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:10 am

Drayco stretches out, then gets back up. "Hey, been fun, but I'm gonna bail." He flicks a couple gold coins from his pocket, which land in a neat stack on the bar counter. "See you guys later, I'm gonna go get on home."
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:11 am

Responding to various offers for mending of his flesh, Nightshadow made a nodding motion, as bits of his face continued to sizzle off. "That would be nice; fantastic even...could someone help me over to the healing place? I kind of lack eyes at the moment," he said, holding his hands out in front of him.
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:31 am

Kari waved to Drayco as he left, then walked over to Nightshadow. "Here, I'll guide you," she said to him, and taking his hand, led him over to the table where Lia was, and guided him to sit down in the chair recently vacated by Drayco.

"Just tilt your head back, please," Lia instructed him. "I need to see the extent of the damage first."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:13 am

"Ah, I'm not into things that strong, I'll just take a whiskey." Ann stated to Jack, loud enough for the barkeep to overhear easily.
"Both on my tab." The general stated to the barkeep, "I offered first, after all."
"So, what brings you to these parts?" She asked as she turned back to Jack, "It's a quiet place these days. Surprised to see a new face."
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:59 am

Oz nodded, poured a whiskey, and slid it neatly down the bar, where it arrived in precisely the right position for Ann to pick it up.

Amon Star wrote:*Commander Clark looks back*

"Thank you. But you forget the alcohol."

"One moment." Kayla disappeared back through the door again, and returned with a second hand truck, also piled high with containers. "This should be about right."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:15 am

OzLionHeart wrote:"One moment." Kayla disappeared back through the door again, and returned with a second hand truck, also piled high with containers. "This should be about right."

"Thank you."
OzLionHeart wrote:Kari waved to Drayco as he left, then walked over to Nightshadow. "Here, I'll guide you," she said to him, and taking his hand, led him over to the table where Lia was, and guided him to sit down in the chair recently vacated by Drayco.

"Just tilt your head back, please," Lia instructed him. "I need to see the extent of the damage first."

*Commander Clark steps over and waits for Lia to finish the healing. As he does so, he tabs his hip and opens a small compartment, from which he takes a syringe*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:05 am

OzLionHeart wrote: "Hello, Rahv. How have you been? Ready to pick up the storyline in Fort Mayhem?"

"Ahhhhhdoubtful...When I came in here, it was more a spur of the moment sort of thing.... buncha people I know were talking, and decided we should go bar hopping to this place. So I followed. Not sure how long I'll be sticking around... I may poke around in Mayhem though, see how Xeph is doing." He looked to KF-Oz. "Thanks, by the way." he said, holding up his drink, indicating his appreciation for the beverage.
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Proud Owner of an Evolution Gun
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby mst3kman on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:56 pm

He grabs one of the mugs, "Kinda ran into some... trouble with some people. Kinda needed a place to forget my troubles for the night." he says then takes a drink. His software within the filters of his system are starting to analyze the alcohol. He sighs when he starts getting the notification, "Sometimes these augs can really piss me off when I just want one night to get drunk." he says then looks at the general, "So... From your look and demeanor, this doesn't seem like the place for someone like you. Why you hear?" he asks then drinks the rest of his drink. He can still feel some of the effects which is good, being drunk is one of the few things that remind him he's still part human.
mst3kman
Junior Keenspotter

Buy Precose at Cheapest PRICES in our Pharmacy Shop!

Postby narmprayela on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:37 pm

A strange, clanky humanoid marched into the bar, spouting something about 'precose' and how cheap and fast you can get the generic prescription knockoff. However, a well-known yellow-furred catgirl slipped behind it and shocked it momentarily with a device she keeps at her belt. The clanking bot-like creature promptly stopped babbling and ordered a scotch to quietly sit in the corner.

(Bot can be freely messed with, named, whatever)
narmprayela
Junior Keenspotter

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:02 am

Kari served the bot with its drink, and, responding to a paw-signal from Oz, spoke quietly to the yellow catgirl who had just zapped it. "Boss says your drink is on the house."

Xepharon wrote:"Ahhhhhdoubtful...When I came in here, it was more a spur of the moment sort of thing.... buncha people I know were talking, and decided we should go bar hopping to this place. So I followed. Not sure how long I'll be sticking around... I may poke around in Mayhem though, see how Xeph is doing." He looked to KF-Oz. "Thanks, by the way." he said, holding up his drink, indicating his appreciation for the beverage.

"You're welcome." KF-Oz glanced over at the former spambot, and snickered quietly. "Ooh, nice one."

Turning her attention back to Rahvine, she nodded. "Well, that's up to you, of course. Xeph should be just about to board the shuttle going down to the surface." She grinned. "I do have something worked out for that - just need to write it out and post it."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:14 am

Ann casually sits back in her seat, having momentarily stepped away to deal with a problem, giving a kind smile and nod to Kari after her whisper. She returned her attention to Jack.
"Well, Mr. Vyner, I admit this isn't like any pub back in my homeland or an officer's lounge, but I've got a lot of friends here. I don't stop in often enough and sometimes it's nice to pay tribute to the good men and women around you."
On that last part, she raised her glass for a moment and took a drink.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:37 am

"This place isn't much like any particular pub anywhere, really," Oz put in, wiping at a spot on the bar with a cloth. "It's a pub outside of time and space, created to be a place where anyone can come to relax and enjoy themselves."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby mst3kman on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:49 pm

He looks at his empty mug, "Yeah... I guess." he says. Thinking back on it he didn't have many people that were either considered friends or acquaintances. The only one he had was his father and his wife, and they've been dead for years. He sighs realizing how long it's been. He looks up at the bartender, "Barkeep. Give me the strongest thing you got." he says having a sudden urge to forget his troubles. He starts to think back on the time his wife died, on an operating table. Then when his father died in his office chair with a bullet hole in his skull. His mother was turned into a full machine when he was a teenager so she was practically dead. The only family Jack could think of that he has now is a tall pitcher of liquor, even when it was gone he could always call for more. So in a way, it would never leave him, at least in what he can remember before passing out.
mst3kman
Junior Keenspotter

Postby anti-paragon on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:05 pm

"You might want to be a bit more specific..." Ann chipped in, a sympathetic glint in her eyes. She didn't know what the trouble was, but judging from the depth of his eyes, it wasn't pretty.
"Strength comes in a lot of forms. The same goes for this place's alcohol. What are you looking for? The poison, the punch, or the party? I'd recommend the latter... but then again after that one accident with the small grey cat in everyone's..." Ann elaborated, then rambled, but she cut herself off before getting too far off track.
"Ah, well anyway, I'm not one to judge, but if you're looking to get something off your chest, drowning it doesn't work so well. I tried it for year myself. I'm sure you're no stranger to the fact that it just buys you one more night." Ann stated. She naturally refrained from asking what the problem was. A little too prying for her tastes.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:26 pm

"This place is pretty good for sharing stories," Oz said helpfully. "As the General there said, sometimes it's better to tell your story, than try to hide from it in a bottle. And there's never a shortage of listeners here."

Kari, meanwhile, had sat down with the bot, and was attempting to extract more information from it. This was complicated by the fact that the bot did not seem to be equipped to give information about itself, and in fact appeared not to have any real sense of itself. Her efforts were met with responses of "ERROR... INFORMATION NOT AVAILABLE..." After several such efforts, it gave off a series of beeps, followed by "FATAL ERROR EXCEPTION... PLEASE INSERT CHARACTER AND REBOOT."

Kari looked at it thoughtfully for a minute, the part of her that was not a catgirl ex-adventurer going over what she (or rather, he) knew about such things, and coming up with a possibility. "Hmm... worth a try..."

She smiled, then stood up, swung the inactivated bot over her shoulder in a carry, and walked out through the "Staff Only" door.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby mst3kman on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:49 pm

He rubs his eyes then sighs, "One more night is all I really want..." he says then looks at the bartender, "Just get me something that no one has ever handled." he says. He looks at the General, "I don't think you'd want to see the skeletons in my closet. Legal issues and such." he says. It was weird having someone actually interested in something bothering him and not just because he's a rich and powerful man. Which is usually why he doesn't talk much to people... though he's never talked to an animal person. Which he still isn't quite sure he's actually talking to one or he's been drugged again. Either way, might as well go along with it.
mst3kman
Junior Keenspotter

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:47 am

Oz eyed him for a moment, then poured him a glass of scumble. The fact that it was a very small glass should be enough of a warning to the cyborg.

"Legal issues aren't really a problem here," he advised. "Since we're outside of time and space, no law agency has jurisdiction."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem