"Sigil Prep" Disc/Infothread - One More Spot Open!

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: "Sigil Prep" Disc/Infothread - One More Spot Open!

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed May 25, 2011 11:01 pm

psycho_BUNNY wrote:They're irrevocably lost, then? :okthen:

That's my interpretation of the quote I quoted. So yes. They are gone forever.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Sat May 28, 2011 8:44 pm

So is that one spot filled yet or not? I could try to work up a Kender paladin who is convinced he never steals stuff, though he's as much a kleptomaniac as any other kender, or a tinker gnome artificier to fill the space if it's still open.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sat May 28, 2011 9:01 pm

Kender kender yes kender kender. Do it. Drayco in this is from Krynn, specifically the desert that used to be Kendermore. He grew up with them. You will have a buddy forever.

However, you'll also have a GM who holds you to higher standards of knowing your Kenderlore, since I am somewhat of a fanboy of Dragonlance.
All Kender know they don't steal. They Handle. Kender 'kleptomania' is actually just curiosity combined with EXTREME ADD. They pick up something to see what it is, find something else interesting as they do, and forget to set it back down or where they got it from. They're too nice and kindhearted to leave something, so they remember to return it when they next see the person.
So basically they're all just bonkers and we love them for it.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Sat May 28, 2011 9:28 pm

Unfortunately, don't know everything about all the famous kenders, so if you hold me to know everything about them might be difficult.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sat May 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Mostly all you really need to know is how kender in general work. I'm not specifying a time period relative to the novels, so Tas and his nonsense may or may not be well known. I wasn't planning on bringing up much from Krynn unless it just came up, since I don't want to just mindlessly exposit for a GMPC.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Sat May 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Urgh, Kender. Just don't be That Guy who is playing one essentially just to do ZOMG RANDOM STUFF!

... I've had to throw people out of my tabletop games for this. More than once.
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Sun May 29, 2011 9:35 am

Yeah, kender pretty much requires you to be the most mature person in the group, otherwise it can get silly. I, however, find them incredibly entertaining.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sun May 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Also, I just realized something. There's no more room for male characters rooming-wise. So if you play a male character, Dave, I'll have to cause hijinks. I'll make it work either way, somehow.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sun May 29, 2011 2:35 pm

Play a girl kender.

I personally find kender to be very cute.

But it might be the first thing Tyrone hasn't encountered before. Besides true ressurection.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Mon May 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Name: Medina Springheel

Race: Kender

World: Krynn

Major: Paladin of Freedom (Not of any one god, but of what she considers to be good.)

Minor: For Happiness

Grade: First-Year

Means Of Acceptance: A merchant's ring fell into my Uncle Drunkensquirrel's pocket. That merchant must remember to be much more careful from now on, I gather. Uncle didn't really want it anymore, so he let me have it. The merchant returned to ask if we might have seen a ring like the one he'd lost, said something about how it would mean the difference between his life and death or some such thing, must be terrible if he's married to some woman who would put so much emphasis on keeping such a thing, I mean, keeping it on one's finger, where it can so easily fall off, is just begging it to do so, and why would anybody keep it in such a place unsecured by something more fancy to make it keep better secure, and wouldn't that be a grand thing to fiddle with, let's see if we can convince somebody to make one of those. Anyways, I graciously returned it, as well as cautioning him about being quite so careless about possessions he cared about. This earned me the sponsorship from an existing Knight of Hylo by the name of Kelvin Trapspringer. I felt it might be fun to attend the university, and so graciously accepted the scholarship for training to be given at this rather unique academy, and the way to see if I was worthy of the honor of becoming a Knight of the Sparrow.

Appearance: 3’2”, 82 lb., light blond hair tied in a topknot, braided with red, orange and green ribbons, sea-green almond-shaped eyes, and pointy ears. Brown tunic, accentuated with feathers, autumn leaves, beads, and scarves of various colors hanging almost randomly upon it. Pants, and sandals, all with either hidden pockets or hidden compartments inside the soles of her sandals. She also has four pouches she hangs on the belt around her pants. Always carries around her hoopak.

History:
Born in the town of Hylo, Medina has always had that thirst for adventure, whether throwing herself below the surface of the oceans to sea what is down there, climbing trees to see the world from far above, scaling mountains to see if she could find any caves to explore, or picking the lock on one of her fellow kenders’ houses, she always had found something fun to do around her town, but lately it’s been getting a bit small for her, even when she happened to find the Spoon of Turning right next to where her father was sitting and played with it for a bit, sure it had to be the real one, I mean she asked her mother to give her a second helping of food and she did! She misplaced it shortly afterward, but it was fun to use when it lasted, right?
Anyways, like I was saying, she started to feel the town was getting a bit small, which happened shortly after the merchant had stopped by the village the first time, and shortly before he’d return again to ask for his ring back, and even her boyfriend of the time, Skipout Pakslinger, was going to keep her from heading out for much longer. Which made it fortunate that Kelvin Trapspringer had seen that action before she headed out, as her first thought of a fun activity to do was to march up to see if any red dragons still lived in the mountains nearby, and see if any of them wanted to play a game of chance. Kelvin’s suggestion that she might want to take a scholarship for the school appealed to her as surely a place between realms must have some great exploring left to be done as well as some useful tips on survival that she may not have figured out just yet, and kept her from being roasted alive, which was three times the bonus when he explained it to her. She still wants to see the red dragons, though, but for now, this seemed the more interesting course of action.

I let her write her means of acceptance, so hopefully it's not too confusing.

As for equipment,
Leather Armor
Climber's Kit
2 sets of clothing
5 pouches
a water skin
some pretty rocks and feathers
her holy symbol made of braided vines and sticks, and a rabbit foot.
rations for 10 days, just in case the school doesn't supply free meals.
lockpicking kit
a backpack
50' rope
1 set of leather boots(though she prefers to wear her sandals on a usual basis.)
and naturally all clothing has pockets hidden within.

This work, Drayco, or should I try to expand further?

Knowing some people, she may end up expanding on her history later, just because people might actually want to hear her stories.
Last edited by davecom3 on Mon May 30, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon May 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Three things:
- One, holy symbol? Is she a paladin of Fizban, or Paladine (*cough*), or just a generic knight of hylo? I don't see it mentioned.
- Two, it's properly called a "Lockpicking Kit." And as a Kender, I hope you plan on taking a couple electives in trap disarming. *wink*
- Three, I recommend boots over sandals. Krynn's weather is pretty bonkers, and she'd most likely have at least one good pair of boots, whether for travel or combat. The knights would have pointed this out otherwise.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Mon May 30, 2011 9:17 pm

Okays, was just making a general holy symbol, as Kenders so rarely worship any god for very long, Drayco. And she has no problem with taking courses in trap disarming, probably would as it would look fun. As for boots or sandals, was looking at a description of how kender dressed when I chose those, I suppose she should have some boots in case it should happen to snow, but she's probably going to prefer sandals even in heavy rain. As for why I called it thieves' tools blame the fourth edition player's handbook, which has the unfortunate fact that it does call them by that improper name.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon May 30, 2011 10:14 pm

To Kender, thief is a derogatory term. They call rogue-types "handlers". And Fizban is actually a very common kender god (what with being made of concentrated Awesome Old Wizard Guy), but paladins can just be nonreligious do-gooders regardless.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Tue May 31, 2011 12:16 am

Yeah, which was exactly why I was against the name that it listed for the items, thanks for the correct term. And I think I'll keep her not exactly worshiping any specific god, even though Fizban is cool based on the quotes I've found of his.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 am

I played with a Kender once, PBP. His speech made up about 90% of his post substance, and he wasn't lacking on the descriptions, either.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:38 am

Yep, kendergirl's good. And now, for chaos! Entranceing you in a minute.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:22 am

Alright, it's been requested, so here goes. A massive list of BUILDINGS.

Sigil Main Hall / Sigil Hall: Both names are used, and this building serves as the closest thing Sigil Prep has to a main academic building. Many general classes and lectures are held here. There's no main head of the main hall, as so many different classes are held here.

Jorasco Ghallanda Hall: Named for the two Eberronian Halfling houses of Healing and Hospitality, JG Hall is the Firstyear dorm, and little more besides it. The giant gargoyle atop the building is pretty terrifying, though.

Sleeping Dragon Inn: The cafeteria building, offering a variety of food on the simple student meal plans, as any decent adventurer will always have enough money to afford good food regularly. They also sell two dishes in particular outside the typical menu, which are not covered under the student meal plan. The first are the semi-magical Pies of Concentration, small fruit tarts about 5 inches wide, which a halfling named Jenna Ghallanda started making a while ago in response to students needing to pull some serious cram sessions - the magic tarts offer a bonus to such things. The second is the Heroes' Feast, an expensive order for about 12 people that boosts physical ability all around - it's most commonly served the night before any Dungeonball game, as there's just enough for the full team.

The Coliseum: The massive coliseum is primarily home to sporting events and pep-rallies... however, it's rumored that the tunnel network supposedly under the coliseum is the home of the tribe of kobolds that serve as the campus groundskeepers.

Cannith Hall: The second-largest building on campus after Sigil Hall, this rather mansion-like building is an exact duplicate of the Eberronian Cannith House, the inventors of modern artificery. It houses numerous workshops and laboratories for every conceivable type of magic item creation, as well as a surprisingly well-stocked kitchen in the first floor, available only to artificer majors and for special occasions. The Master Artificer, or Dean of Artificery, however, is a dwarf named Rusgard Hardalric, after the previous Dean (a Cannith) stepped down about a decade ago. Dean Hardalric has gained personal merit mainly in regards to war and combat-related crafts, as a lesser-known fact that only the artificery majors know is that Rusgard is also a cleric of the Dwarven god of the Forge, Moradin. Most of the Arcane Arts classes relating to item creation are also held here.

Sylvan Hall: From the outside, Sylvan Hall looks like a vine-covered marble building built around a massive, MASSIVE redwood tree. Which is completely correct. Maple, a dryad bonded to said tree, keeps the native Druidic and Nature Magic students happy and in high spirits. Which is a good thing, because Dean Vadania is kind of a hard-ass and a pretty unemotional character, prone to firing off magical blasts at delinquent students.

Nai'nodel Lodge: Under the watching eye of Dean Soveliss Nai'nodel, the Lodge is home to the Ranger major and all classes relating to archery and woodland survival. The building only has half a roof, most notably, and is otherwise a structure of wood and stone near Sylvan Hall. Supposedly the roots of Maple's tree even extend into the Lodge, and are responsible for the pleasant flora that grow in the open archery courtyard.

Twilight Monastery: Presided over by Grand Master Ember, the Dean of Monastic Arts, the Twilight Monastery is home for all those who study enlightenment... and a few who just like to punch people really, really well. With the Monastic Hero program slowly growing in popularity, the truly enlightened nature

J. Armand College of Martial Excellence: Home to the Tactics and Warfare, Martial Magic, and Paladin majors, this massive military-like structure is nearly as big as Cannith Hall. It's presided over by Dean "Sergeant" Russell Grey of the Paladin major, Dean Arthon Melias of the Martial Magic major, and Dean Korrin of the Tactics and Warfare major. Regardless, anyone dealing with mundane and martial combat is going to pass through this college at least one or two terms, and even some of the mages.

The Astral College: The Psionic college, presided over by Dean Samuel Na'en, a Githzerai. The psionic majors all hold their core classes here, however most Psionic majors are required to essentially pseudo-double-major on the side to fill out their studies, usually in either Monastic Arts or Martial Magic (the latter involving combat psionics rather than magic). There are apparently only four or five teachers in the entire major, since the Psionics major is smaller than most others in the school.

"The Asylum": Having had the nickname so long that nobody remembers what it's supposed to be called, "The Asylum" is the dorm for all Psionic Majors in Freshman or Sophomore year, as the campus felt a bunch of telepaths would be safest among when everyone can do the same thing.

Eberron Hall, Faerun Hall, and Oerth Hall: The three other dorms. It's been a running tradition among natives to Eberron and Faerun to dorm in the appropriate halls.

Frostburn Hall (of Focused Rage): The Barbarian school, at the north end of campus. It's perpetually several degrees cooler than anywhere else here, partially due to the current Dean, Krusk Stonewater of the Bloodrage Clan, being a barbarian of some northern tribe. This is the only school with lineage involved in it - the current Dean is actually the son of the last one, Krusk Greataxe of the Bloodrage Clan, and has taken things in a slightly different direction than his father... probably because he's half-silver-dragon, and far more well-spoken than his father. He himself has repeatedly claimed that he has no idea just how much alcohol was involved in his conception. The current Dean also has a massive rapport among the various Deans who made up the adventuring party, as the conception apparently happened during one adventure, and the younger half-orc-half-dragon was more or less born and raised an adventurer. This is all public knowledge because the current Dean loves to tell adventuring stories. Frostburn Hall is also a popular hangout for all majors during the hotter months, between the colder temperatures and the fact that the place has its own mini-tavern.

Hall of the Legendary Harp: The unusually-named Bardic hall is presided over by a pair of Co-Deans, Devis and Gimble, a half-elf and gnome respectively, who have been working together since their adventuring days. Little else needs to be said, it's the bardic college. I note, NEEDS to be said. Given half a chance, any bard will talk your ear off...

Hall of the Archmagus: Home to both the Arcane Arts and Sorcerous Studies majors, the only real Dean of Archmagus Hall is Mialee Gemblossom, the elven dean of Arcane Arts. Hennet, the "Dean" of Sorcerous Studies, is a man turned into a 'half-dragon' through his own magical prowess, and is incredibly lazy to a fault. He defers all actual order and ruling status to Mialee, which somehow works out since she's a perfectionist like nobody's business. Both of them are good friends despite it, supposedly going back to the days of the adventuring party many of the Deans were in, even rumors of the two of them having romance hiding in there somewhere. If it's there, it's kept behind closed doors, though most tend to assume the two are engaged, if not married.

The Hall of Light: The hall for the Divine Doctrine major, presided over by nobody. Established decades ago by the cleric of Pelor, Jozan, the name has stuck even past the holy man's death. However, a new Dean was never established, leaving over three dozen semi-Deans responsible for things keeping order, more or less under the guidance of an amazingly diligent Lantern Archon named Ren Lux keeping the paperwork together. Surprisingly, a department whose decision-making is done by a vote between three-dozen religious fanatics actually goes smoother than you'd think. Students of the Divine Doctrine major report directly to the head of their Faith, while the few who don't specifically follow a deity instead report to Lux, as well as the Firstyears (Firstyear classes are taught by Lux, and all faiths converge for them... beware, it gets crazy).

Black Manor: The Swashbuckling and Stealth building, Black Manor is little more than a nondescript creepy mansion out on the eastern end of campus, almost out of sight from the rest of the buildings. It's not like anyone really talks about what goes on in there, so... yeah. The only real fact is that it's run by a halfling named Lidda who supposedly never ages. A mystery indeed!
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:03 am

Slay the Dragon! I said slay... *facepalms*

Nice job, that helps my immersion a lot.

p.s. I can't help it...
To raise to tribe chief, you must commit 3 deeds or bravery!
First you must drink 20 kegs of mead!
Then you must make love to a goblin wench!
And then you must go kill an angry Dragon!

8 hours later, after two completed deeds and countless wounds: "... 'hick' ... aulrite! Now where... 'hick' ... is dat angry Goblin wench I gotta kill?!"
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Mia will certainly enjoy hearing about a place on campus that's perpetually colder than anywhere else.

She'll be the one sitting there in shorts and a tank top, nursing an iced drink, and looking around at the cold people huddling over their hot drinks...
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:55 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:Mia will certainly enjoy hearing about a place on campus that's perpetually colder than anywhere else.

She'll be the one sitting there in shorts and a tank top, nursing an iced drink, and looking around at the cold people huddling over their hot drinks...

Where do you think Likal hangs out all the time to keep his winter coat?
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:57 am

Medina loves a mystery. Of course, if somebody tells her it's where all the rogues are, I'm sure she's likely to cause a bit of trouble before getting out.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:17 pm

I love my players. XD
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:17 am

Wiki Update:

I've just noticed that Medina somehow missed being added to the Cast list. That is now fixed.

Also, the List o' Buildings has been copied to the wiki page. (Note: the Twilight Monastery's description appears to have been cut off in mid-sentence...)
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Been gone a while.

Did I miss anything? Like that missy responding to me?
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem