The ReCreation RP Chapter 4: Nontraveling Circus

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

The ReCreation RP Chapter 4: Nontraveling Circus

Postby nightshadow on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:34 am

Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the riverbank, and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, 'and what is the use of a book', thought Alice, 'without pictures or conversation?' - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll

Chapter 1: The Rabbit Hole
Disc thread!

Jacob walked out of the lunch line, holding his free-or-reduced lunch. He looked around, and found a large table, mostly empty. He really needed someone to talk to, to take his mind off of last night. As much as he tried to shift his hair to cover it, the scabbed-over gash he sported on the left side of his face was pretty obviously fresh.
Last edited by nightshadow on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Re: The ReCreation RP

Postby Author-Man on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:59 am

Unfortunately for poor, wounded Jacob, the other person at said table (there were other other people, but this is the one he had the misfortune to sit next to) was Maxi Yakami. Not exactly a sympathetic ear for him. She grunted, and scooted over, blatantly going out of her way to get away from him.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 am

And the short nerd more commonly known as Roan sat down a couple seats over from Jacob, giving a light wave as he took his brown bag of lunch from his backpack. And soon there was a spread of a sandwich that consisted of chocolate milk, several oreos, and a sandwich that appeared to be a PB&J with additional marshmallow fluff. How this boy isn't diabetic by now is a mystery.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:10 am

"Seriously, Roan, are you sure that's healthy? I mean, you're going to send yourself into a sugarshock or something." said Jacob, taking a bite of his hamburger.
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Drayco on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:12 am

Roan shakes his head, blushing slightly. "Mm? Nuh-uh. I like sweet stuff, that's all."
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Piane on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 am

At one of the many tables of the lunchroom, Jonathan was rattling away at the keyboard of his laptop. The light from his screen glared of his glasses, and he wore the same, emotionless expression of his face that made him seem more like a automaton, then a living human.
Current avatar: Shizuo from Durarara, ready to kick Izaya's head in.
Current theme song: "21st Century Schizoid Man" By King Crimson

Hello, and welcome to the mental heath hotline...
Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby mandros on Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:04 pm

Will, wearing a rather worn out black leather jacket, however moved to where Maxi had left. Noticing the gash. "hey buddy hate to tell ya but the scar face look is out. So whats going on?".
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby nightshadow on Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:32 pm

"It's nothing." Jacob responded quickly, putting on a painfully fake smile. "I'm sure the black leather jacket is out too."
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Helseth on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:54 pm

"What's nothing"

Ian slid into a seat on the opposite side of the table with his tray and looked at Jacob to figure out what he missed
Image Image
veni, vedi, cerebra consumpsi
Inventory moved to wiki

If the strange behaviour of my character offends remember that the twisted mind that created it a probably several countries away.

Brain bleach available on request

"So many hancuffs in my life and NEVER a single hot chick involved" Dave, crfh
Helseth
Keenspot Despot

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:05 am

There was the flop flip of flip flops as Hanny approached.
Carrying her cling filmed wrapped salad sandwich, she walked over to the table where there seemed to be a space.
Smiling, she asked "Mind if I sit here?" pointing to an empty space at the table.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:52 am

Maxi did not move to avoid sitting next to someone with the intention of allowing someone else to slip into her seat, thus leaving her in the position she had been trying to avoid. Even more unfortunately, before she could move even further, someone else showed up asking to sit on her other side.

Luckily, at that point Ian had moved to the opposite side of the table, thus removing one potential hassle. This left only the annoying girl with the flip flops. Easily dealt with. "Greatly," Maxi said curtly.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cameo on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:07 pm

((Is Jonathan at the same table as the rest of the dudes?))

The clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp of combat boots behind them announced to the group that Amelia had arrived; the laptop bag set down on the table proved it.

"Hey, guys! Watch my stuff, I'm gonna go grab some food." And then she was gone again!
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Piane on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:29 pm

((Jon is alone))

Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cheez on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:35 pm

No noticeable sound heralded the arrival of Rhiannon Bowen, her footsteps not loud enough to be heard over the general background noise of the cafeteria. "Hey guys, any... huh, guess not." She shrugged. Sitting with her friends would have been nice, but the seats were all taken now. "Oh well, I'll just find somewhere else, see you in a bit."

She walked away, looking for a free table. One was soon located- just one guy with a laptop on it. Perfik. She went over and sat down, saying "Alright, mate?" to Jonathan.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby Piane on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Jon only made a barely audible "Hm?" In response to Rhiannon. His eye quickly darted up to look at her, but the glare off his glasses hid it. He then resumed typing.

Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cheez on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Rhiannon took a bag out of her backpack and pulled a tupperware box full of pasta and sauce, a bag of sandwiches and a banana out. She commenced munchage.

After a while, she glanced up at Jon, smiled cryptically and then resumed eating.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:58 pm

And then she was gone. Rob was the next to enter the cafeteria and sat right down in front of Amelia's laptop bag. He smiled at everyone and then took the laptop out of its bag and loaded it up. Rob wasn't great at spontaneous pranks, perhaps it was because he was too good natured to just spontaneously come up with something devious. But when it came to premeditated practical tom foolery, he was at the top of his game!

After changing her home page to http://www.big[richards].com, Rob turned off the laptop and put it back in the bag where it belonged. He soon had out his lunch and hey look! it was a taco salad from the night before. Go mom! He dug into his meal, eating in silent satisfaction knowing that the next time Amelia went online she'd be the victim of his devilish deed! He looked forward to laughing about it when she found out. That was the biggest problem with these kind of practical jokes. You rarely got the chance to see them in action!
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Piane on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Wether his saw the smile or not, Jon made no reaction. After typing for a little while longer, he suddenly stopped, paused for and moment... Then placed his elbows on the table, clasping his hands, letting out an audible sigh.

Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby Drayco on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Now with LOTS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE near him, Roan lapses into his predictable Shy Kid reaction of blushing slightly and silently eating his lunch, while trying not to make eye contact with anyone.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Rhi took a paper pad and a pencil case from her backpack soon after the smile. A pencil came out of the case and soon lines were appearing on the paper. She kept eating as she drew. After a while, it became apparent that she was drawing someone sitting at a table or desk of some sort, hunched over a boxlike item.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cameo on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Amelia returned to the table with a slice of pizza and a can of root beer. She poked Rob in the back. "You're in my seat."

Without waiting for a response to this assertion, Amelia leaned around him and squinted curiously at Jacob. "What happened to your face? You look like you lost a fight with a potato peeler."
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:28 pm

"Look, I don't want to talk about it OK?" Jacob said angrily, snaping at Amelia.
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Piane on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:26 pm

After carefully reading over his work, Jon typed in two key commands, (Save and quit) then shut his laptop. He leaned back in his seat, still oblivious to whatever Rhi might be doing.

Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kum-El on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:36 pm

Adam surveys the cafeteria, then grabs one of the empty seats at Jon and Rhi's table. In addition to the contents of a brown paper lunch bag he also takes out a D&D character sheet and begins fiddling with it.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:47 pm

After a few more moments of awkward, there's a curiosity-induced shuffling of a Roan and his various things to the end of the table Jon and Rhi are at, which happens to be next to the other table. So not too noticable a table-jump. He is occasionally glancing down the table at either Rhi's drawing or Adam's nerdery, whichever one of them wants to be the one on the side of the table Roan is on, since his author is indecisive.

((I went to one of those high schools where the tables have the seats attached. And they're usually all near each other. My brain is visualizing it as that like last time there was a lunch scene. Mostly for the hilarity that happened last time. Don't think we have another Blinkdog Patented Social Battering Ram this time though.))
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Next

Return to Mayhem