Invasion!

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Invasion!

Postby who? on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:53 pm

((Howdy Mayhemites! This here be a combat/mystery Rp where Ba DeGuy stands on top of a tower of death and constantly throws things at you for you to kill, all whilst you try to figure out his evil plan and thwart it, along with his location. This is connected to Fort Mayhem but all characters, clones, avatars and catgirls are welcome at any point. Only rule: Nobody gets to kill Ba DeGuy or his assistant Mortems, although you may be given the opportunity to arrest them))

06:21 hours Report: At 06:02 hours today it came to our sleepy awareness that the Mayhem Sub-Multiverce was under attack and that at the location of Pretty-Kitty Gardens a buildup of inter dimensional energy suggests that the enemy will zone in at approximately 08:45 hours. After cleaning their teeth and getting dressed you will join your fellow Mayhemites, get on the number 9A bus and will arrive at the Gardens at 08:15.

Your assignment is to prepare the area for invasion, recruit the aid of any able bodied Mayhemites, thwart the enemy’s attempt to place hostile units in our territory, verify if Ba DeGuy is present and if so to arrest him for the murder of Capt. Cheez, and to be back in time for tea.

08:19 hours Supplemental: The number 9A bus was delayed by a little old lady asking for directions but the defense force has arrived unharmed. Your immediate assignment is to rid the area of civilians who are reluctant to leave.
Who's basement; the Davie Jones’ locker of the forum world.
Ba DeGuy's wiki page <-- I have this here as I keep losing it!
who?
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Invasion!

Postby mdm on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:29 pm

A rumbling noise can be heard in the near distance. In a few moments it becomes obvious that the sound is being generated by the Ocelot LRVs of the 4229th GUDF Marine Regiment. Then they come into view. 1,250 highly disciplined troopers, GA-37 assault rifles at the ready. As the regiment and the units behind it assemble in a line and begin erecting fortifications, one of the LRVs races around the area, the Captain sitting in the passenger's seat holding a megaphone.

"This is an emergency! All civilians, you are under threat of invasion by interdimensional forces! We advise that you find safe places immediately!"

As the 226th and 1292nd Divisions dig in, the three TITAN companies of the 1st Regiment deployed to the surface disperse into squads and spread themselves out among the lines.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:51 am

*In the skies, a fireball can be seen zooming in at high speed. This is soon seen to be Fleshy Durai, except now he's wearing a t-shirt from TX Max and carrying a huge energy crystal, with Trope Co written on it*

"Let's do this Old School!" he declares. "MASS SUMMON FIRESHEEP!!!1!"

*All the power is sucked out of the crystal, which immediately crumples to dust. One Firesheep per soldier appears. These immediately start attacking the civilians*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:45 am

Not expecting to be attacked so soon, the Marines do what they do best; fire on the enemy. Three battalions from the 226th advance in a skirmish line, intent on sweeping the fire sheep before them.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:07 am

mdm wrote:Not expecting to be attacked so soon, the Marines do what they do best; fire on the enemy. Three battalions from the 226th advance in a skirmish line, intent on sweeping the fire sheep before them.

*The Fire Sheep turn from murdering civilians as they're attacked in turn. However, despite being supernatural Ovis Aries, they ain't bullet proof, and the soldiers can gun them down at range*

*Durai seems to have gotten distracted and is currently leafing through a book*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby who? on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Noticing the gun fire, the local garden gnomes took a break from peeing in the ponds comically and waddled over to Lieutenant MDM and tugged on his metallic ankle to get his attention.

"Can we help?"

In the distance one could hear someone shouting "OI! Get off thee grass! Can't you read a si-" and then the sound of someone being engulfed in flames as a sheep explodes from gun fire.
who?
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:32 pm

High in the Sky
"Summon [Insert incomprehensible and profane word of power here!]"

*As Durai makes his vile utterance, reality itself seems to recoil in fear and loathing. A rippling, or shuddering, in the fabric of space/time seems to undulate around the Mage, before disappearing in the gap between the same dimensions*

"I've been looking for an excuse to use that spell for ages," declares the former Plushie as he dismisses his spellbook and rubs his hands together with glee.

On the ground
*The Fire Sheep continue the losing battle against the marines. However, more civilians may or may not be caught in the crossfire*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:43 pm

An afro'd figure pokes his head out from behind some bushes. Calmly, he step out into the crossfire, his own afro set aflame by a firey sheep until it too looks like a firey sheep. He makes his ways towards the men with guns coming in from the direction they are shooting. Several shot are put through his hair but man himself is unharmed.

The man reaches into his overcoat, pulling out a fedora with a note saying 'PRESS' strapped around the side. He puts it atop his flaming hair but the fedora refuses to catch fire. The man then pulls a notebook and pen, approaching whomever seems free and in charge.

"Hello, Jesse Awesomtura of the Mayhem Daily," He introduces himself as chaos reigns around him, "I'm a reporter. Mind telling me what's going on?"
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Sir MDM almost slaps one of the gnomes, before realizing what they are.

"Uh...sure? You can go set up latrines?..."

He then looks at the reporter.

"We're fighting a war to save your lives, that's all you need to know right now."
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby who? on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:24 am

The clay made garden gnomes look at each other, form a little huddle and start whispering to each other

"See, if we talk quietly like this, no one will know we're going to betray them despite the fact we're clearly audible to whoever is near us, right?"
"I think the metal man is cute."
"Oo look a rabbit!"
"I want to go fishing!"
"My bottom hurts from adorably mooning people."
"Ice cream, ICE CREAM!"
"Great! So we'll turn round and attack the metal man just like the green man said?"

"IWANTICECREAM!"

The gnomes turned around and smiled innocently at Sir MDM. "We're only good at peeing in ponds metal man!"

*zzzzip*

There is a moment as the head Garden Gnome stands there with his fly undone looking up at Sir MDM before a jet of flame shots out of his trousers and engulfs the Mayhemite. The Gnomes laugh adorably/manically.

Of course Sir MDM is in a suit of armor and the fire had zero effect on him. Once the jet of flame subsided the Gnomes looked notably surprised and afraid.

"RUN AWAY!"

The garden gnomes swarm away, all sending out jets of fire towards passer bys, until a transport catches alight and explodes, finding this delightful the gnomes all swarm towards the transports.

Some where evil
The conference room was empty apart from Mort and DeGuy.

“As to be expected with a world as rich in power as this, the bold gesture of destroying their main defensive structure has reached the ears of all their former villains and now they’ve swarmed to the scene like tourists.”
~ “This has accorded ahead of schedule Sir, they are distracting the Mayhemites from-“
“It’s nothing to worry about Mort. Keep in mind that no one should fight a war with their own employees.
“Make a memo: To all evil, anti-hero, or antagonists to the Mayhem worlds. In light of my destruction of Fort Mayhem you are invited to Some where evil to discuss how to best take advantage, or enjoy this moment of weakness in the Mayhemite’s defense force. If our objectives are compatible, I will gladly lend my resources to you.”

How this message got to all evils, anti-heroes and antagonists was not found out, but all evil people have access to plot devices far more powerful than “the god from the machine”

((Waits patiently for the forces of darkness to arrive))
who?
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:38 pm

GUDF Lines

Fortunately for the Marines, all of their vehicles were elsewhere at the time. D Company comes up at this point and begins hunting down the gnomes, exterminating them.

Meanwhile, Sir MDM (the unarmored Knight, NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH HIS ARMORED COUNTERPART, WHO?,) has left the area, and is about to attack the horribly obscene THING.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:53 am

GUDF Lines
mdm wrote:Fortunately for the Marines, all of their vehicles were elsewhere at the time. D Company comes up at this point and begins hunting down the gnomes, exterminating them.

*The remaining Fire Sheep team up with the gnomes, allowing themselves to be ridden into battle against the marines*

*Durai is still distracted and is just floating there*

Some where evil
who? wrote:The conference room was empty apart from Mort and DeGuy.

“As to be expected with a world as rich in power as this, the bold gesture of destroying their main defensive structure has reached the ears of all their former villains and now they’ve swarmed to the scene like tourists.”
~ “This has accorded ahead of schedule Sir, they are distracting the Mayhemites from-“
“It’s nothing to worry about Mort. Keep in mind that no one should fight a war with their own employees.
“Make a memo: To all evil, anti-hero, or antagonists to the Mayhem worlds. In light of my destruction of Fort Mayhem you are invited to Some where evil to discuss how to best take advantage, or enjoy this moment of weakness in the Mayhemite’s defense force. If our objectives are compatible, I will gladly lend my resources to you.”

How this message got to all evils, anti-heroes and antagonists was not found out, but all evil people have access to plot devices far more powerful than “the god from the machine”

((Waits patiently for the forces of darkness to arrive))

SAMUEL: *Holographic projection appears. Bows deeply to Deguy* "First, I wish to thank you for your invite and congratulate you on achieving the impossible." *Straightens* "However, we must now discuss how to shape the future despite the mistakes of the past*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby who? on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:59 am

mdm wrote: (the unarmored Knight, NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH HIS ARMORED COUNTERPART, WHO?,)

((Sad and Confused!))

Pretty-Kitty Parks

The Gnomes gladly mount the fire sheep and rampage through the defensive area, knocking over any walls the marines erected, or filling in any trenches that have been dug. They then quickly find that there is a lack of Player Characters to attack and are saddened by this, but still tease the perusing NPCs by letting them catch up before running further away and repeating this all whist giggling and asking for ice cream.

The ground tremors more as the inter-dimensional energies build up further.

Some where evil

Ba DeGuy is pleased by Samuel's appearance. "I am glad that you've arrived so promptly and are showing great interest in our invasion transaction of the Mayhem worlds. Sadly we can not start such a discussion until we are sure all relevant parties have arrived."

A hologram, much like Samuel's, of DeGuy appears. The hologram shakes Samuel's hand.

"My hologram will conduct the main part of the conference, as I must attend an errand, but you should understand that this won’t hinder our discussion in anyway."

Ba DeGuy departs.
who?
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Saric Krass on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:30 am

Some where evil

A glint of some piece of glass or metal suddenly grows until a bright blue light fills one of the seats. It is too bright to see into clearly so all that can be made out is a form of some kind, it also provides no real illumination to the surroundings.

"Greetings Dark One. I am Kal'dora of the Shing. I understand you have an offer for me..."
Proud Supporter of The Goblin Defense Fund. Because a Goblin is a terrible thing to waste.

Disciple of Slovotsky's Laws.

Member of the Schlock Mercenaries

Follower of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates
(Rule 1: Pillage, then burn.)

"Violence is not the answer. Violence is the question. Yes is the answer."
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think their out to get you it means you think your important."-Gilbran Quail
"You can never have too many enemies. The more you've got, the more likely they are to get in each other's way."-Jarvin Wallankot
"The insurance companies have prohibited me from -actually- burning people at the stake as a method of greeting, but please assume that such has occurred."-BinaryWraith
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

My Inventory
Saric Krass
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChroniclerC on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:27 am

Somewhere EVIL
Tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-whiiiiirr-click, tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick...

No one could be sure when the sound started; it seemed like it had been going for a while but only recently noticed. Where it was coming from was less obscure. Glaring at them perched on the back of one of the seats was a clockwork owl. Aside from the churning of its parts, it made no sound.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:34 am

Somewhere Evil

A tabby-furred catgirl wearing jeans and a green Tshirt arrived. Somehow. Don't ask how, because her author doesn't really know. She introduced herself. "Captain Chieng, MPLF. Congratulations on your successful attack. We've been trying to blow that place up for ages."

Not long after, a shuttlecraft arrived nearby. A 6' male humanoid (exact species unknown), wearing a balaclava, dark glasses, combat boots, black combat trousers and a brown leather greatcoat emerged. A couple of bulges under the coat revealed weapons hidden beneath. He went to the conference room. "Greetings. I am Hasdrubal, a commander in Admiral Hacha's fleet."
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:27 am

Jesse writes in his notepad.

Military is being tight mouthed.
Claiming to save lives while killing endangered species.
Local gnomish population feeling opressed.
Anti gnomitism?

"Thanks for the scoops but I've got places to be!"

Somewhere Evil

"Hello, I'm Jesse Awesomtura of the Mayhem Daily," He introduce openly to all as evil closed in around him, "I'm a reporter. Mind answering some question? For example, you've invited the oft disliked 'anti-hero' minority. What do you say to the claims that this is merely a PR attempt to reach out to the younger crowd?"
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Some where evil
who? wrote:Ba DeGuy is pleased by Samuel's appearance. "I am glad that you've arrived so promptly and are showing great interest in our invasion transaction of the Mayhem worlds. Sadly we can not start such a discussion until we are sure all relevant parties have arrived."

A hologram, much like Samuel's, of DeGuy appears. The hologram shakes Samuel's hand.

"My hologram will conduct the main part of the conference, as I must attend an errand, but you should understand that this won’t hinder our discussion in anyway."

SAMUEL: "I understand completely." *Samuel will then nod politely at each new arrival, until...
Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:"Hello, I'm Jesse Awesomtura of the Mayhem Daily," He introduce openly to all as evil closed in around him, "I'm a reporter. Mind answering some question? For example, you've invited the oft disliked 'anti-hero' minority. What do you say to the claims that this is merely a PR attempt to reach out to the younger crowd?"

at which she will chuckle*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Sir MDM blinks at this, then dispatches a troop of Ocelots to hunt down and exterminate the gnomes. The assigned vehicles roar to their task, their gunners taking aim and unleashing their laser fire at the targets.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Jesse wrote into his notebook.

Evil leader avoiding question.
Undermining public trust in supervillains.
PR attempts not working.

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:10 am

Somewhere Evil

An energy knife thunks soundly into the table. Pinned to it is a note.

I could kill you all right now, but I am unfortunately restrained...Consider this a warning, and be aware that I am watching you.

The note crumbles after being read.

GUDF Lines

Sir MDM nods to something unseen, grinning as he does so. Then he turns and beckons the commanding officer of the 576th Brigade.

"Come. We have droids to kill."

He strides off towards the Fort, followed by the 2500 Marines of the brigade and their vehicles. They cover the distance between the front lines and the Fort in record time.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby who? on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:27 am

Some where evil

The DeGuy Hologram, having the same sense of drama that it's solid self has addressed the journalist. "The younger crowd, although often useless, can form large herds that as our industrial past has shown can be put to good manual labor. And the tendency for Anti-heroes to be god modders makes them formidable on the battle field.

"But I'm afraid you must leave now Jesse; this is a private conference in which confidential matter will be discussed.

"Now," Turning to his table full of... a clock work owl? Light effects? Ba DeGuy took note of this. "I am glad to see that the Mayhem worlds have spawned so many antagonists willing to remain active after all this time. It must be understood that we all likely want different things, but we plan to achieve our goals in similar ways" As in all conferences a power point presentation started, this one showing garden gnomes under fire by vehicles, bits of the poorly made clay of the gnomes where chipped off, reveling swirling fire underneath. The Gnome attempted to deactivate the guns by wedging themselves in the gun barrels.
In the corner of the screen is a countdown to 08:45.

"I'm sure all our goals can be reached easier if the destruction we sow is concentrated. If we were to draw the Mayhemites to this flat, and there for hard to defend location of Pretty-Kitty Gardens I could supply you with unlimited resources. The Mayhem "DF" would surely be neutralized within the hour."
who?
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChroniclerC on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:28 am

Somewhere EVIL
"IDLE THREAT," the owl states in response to the note. "AUTHOR AND AUTHOR-LIKE ENTITIES ARE BOUND BY THE NON-INTERFERENCE LAWS." Whirrrr-click. "OOC OBSERVATION DETECTED. OBSERVERS SHOULD NOTE THAT THE USE OF OOC KNOWLEDGE IS BANNED BY THE GENERAL RP RULES. INFRACTIONS SHALL BE PUNISHED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT."
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:02 am

Somewhere Evil

Chieng laughed bitterly at the owl's last statement. "Yeah, right. Authors and muses are only bound by those rules when it suits them. I've never heard of a single one of 'em punished for that c***." She turned to the DeGuy hologram. "So, after the DF is taken out. What then?"
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:05 am

Somewhere Evil

What makes you think I'm doing any OOC observation?

Two simultaneous clicking noises can be heard in the shadows. A moment later, twin bursts of gunfire blast out from the location of the voice, aimed at the clockwork owl. As the firing ends, three more energy knives embed themselves uncomfortably close to Samuel, Chieng, and Hasdrubal. In the shadows, Eve stores her P90s in her coat and draws her trusty SPAS-12.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Mayhem