Mayhem SIAFR: The Calm Before . . .

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Mayhem SIAFR: The Calm Before . . .

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:17 am

*Beep beep beep* Sleepy's alarm clock sounded off on time at precisely 5:00 AM just like any other day. "No~ I want to sleep~" he mumbles to the alarm clock as he goes back to sleep. He'd wait for at least the third alarm to go off before he would consider getting out of bed. That is if today was a normal day.

On the other side of his room laying on the sofa, a set of cat ears perk up at the sound of the alarm. *Yaaawn stretch* "Man did I sleep well!" a cheerful female voice says full of energy. Wait, something's not right with my voice. The Sleepy brained catgirl. She looks down and see a well endowed chest. "Oh crap, I'm a girl!" the shocked voice says loudly. She was about to verify this when a cat tail swishes into view. Her eyes open so wide you'd swear they were about to pop out of her head. Origami thinks for about two seconds then reaches up only to feel a pair of cat ears on the side of her head. *Squishy squishy*

Meanwhile the loud talking doesn't really affect Sleepy all that much. The paper owl sort of feels that the second alarm, the radio alarm, has gone off and he rolls over putting his pillow over his head. "Noisy radio! It's too early to get out of bed."

Origami hears Sleepy and is now really confused. I-Is that me still sleeping in bed? Maybe this is some kind of dream. She sneaks her way over to the bed and sees a paper owl. Now she knows this has to be a dream. "Well when in Rome," she shrugs and and backs away from the bed to get a running start.

"Wake up Nya~" a loud cry snaps Sleepy awake just moments before getting pounced by a catgirl. "Waaaah!" he screams startled.

"What's going on who are you?!" he asks befuddled and in a panic.

"I'm you, and your an owl," the catgirl says with a sage like nod. She smiles like that explains everything. Sleepy is much more freaked out when he notices that he's made of paper, in owl form, and doesn't breath anymore. He spends a few minutes attempting to gasp for air before Origami interrupts him with laughter. "Ha, you sure are freaking out for this being just a dream," she says.

Sleepy: "It's not a dream I could feel myself getting crushed under your glomp earlier. this is serious, what would people say if they saw me like this? What would they say if they saw you?"

This waas clearly the wrong thing to ask Origami as it made her curious. What would people say. She grabs Sleepy's laptop off of the desk and takes a picture of them both with it. She then goes to Mayhem and starts a new thread.

Hey guys, Sleepy here. Guess what?! I woke up this morning turned into two people. One of us is a catgirl and the other is a paper owl. Check out this nifty picture I took

[Image goes here of the two in bed]

Hows everyone else doing?
Last edited by SleepyOrigami on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Mayhem SIAFR: Introductions

Postby Piane on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:50 am

Meanwhile, in Canada...

Well, it was one of those mornings, with a few exceptions... Piane woke up with something pocking him in the ribs...
"Ow, great, now it's going to be a few hours before I fall asleep again..." Trying to find what was poking him, he pulls out a handgun.
"Okay, what is this doing in my bed? Or in my house for that matter..."
Putting the gun on his side table, he heads downstairs and logs onto his computer. However, he was still half asleep, and didn't notice that it was different.

He posted on Sleepy's thread.
Wow, that's interesting, guess I'm not the only one with a weird morning... Mind you, it's still night for me.

He paused for a moment to rub his eyes... "I need a coke..."
Current avatar: Shizuo from Durarara, ready to kick Izaya's head in.
Current theme song: "21st Century Schizoid Man" By King Crimson

Hello, and welcome to the mental heath hotline...
Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 am

At roughly the same time (give or take a little), on the other side of the planet, OzLionHeart awoke from a nap.

He stretched, feeling oddly alert and refreshed. Normally it took him a while to awake after a nap, but this was not "normally" by any stretch (pun intended).

"Well, that was -" He stopped, noticing the difference in his voice immediately. "What the..."

He looked down, and saw... other differences. "What. The. Hell. Happened to me?"

He leaped to his... okay, her feet, and ran to the bathroom, where she discovered the face of KF-Oz looking back at her from the mirror with a startled expression. "What the hell?"

Some time later, some of which was spent checking in a full-length mirror (purely to confirm her initial impression, of course), she sat down at the computer, and, on an impulse, opened the Mayhem forum and spotted Sleepy's thread.

"So I'm not the only one, huh? That feels oddly reassuring, somehow." She smirked at the image of the two Sleepys, and grinned. "Well, why not?"

She reached around, plugged in her webcam, and snapped a photo of herself. She checked the image, then realised something. "Hmm. Maybe I should put my shirt back on first."

Doing so, she took a new picture, then checked the thread, and noticed a new post, this one from Piane. She then posted a reply.

Yeah, it's still night for me, too. And you're not the only one who was transformed. Take a look.

{image of KF-Oz sitting at the computer}

Anyone else?
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:59 am

Elsewhere in the world, a young lady with a pair of wings on her back was asleep in bed. The bed was in a flat in Swansea, Wales. Seeing as it was about seven hours before she normally woke up, she was in a pretty deep slumber.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:15 am

OOC: One of my smallest thread entries. I'm disappointed with myself, but oh well.
IC:
Canadaland
The faint buzz of a lawnmower sounds from outside, causing a large, yellow furred ear to twitch. The lump in the bed shifts, and a slitted beam of sunlight crossing an eyelid is enough to crack an eye, which promptly shuts again at the shining monstrosity attacking it. AP emits a light groan, rolling to face away from the sunlight, bumping into a bodypillow in the process and quickly wrapping around it. It is very warm and soft, and you can almost feel yourself holding it. He lays there for a moment, purring happily in a comfortable position.
Then things start to click.
'Since when does this bed have a body pillow?' He thinks, furrowing his eyebrows despite his eyes not being open, nor anyone around to see them. An eye is carefully opened, minding the sunlit glow of the room. However, the view of the room is obscured by a strange yellow webbing resting against him. Confused, but not alert, he tries to pull it away from himself, finding that it's attached to his head rather firmly.

He does, however, notice the paw holding it up.

His eyes go wide, and immediately the strange bodypillow sweeps away from him, blowing the covers off the bed. AP immediately looks down to see two lumps beneath the black silk pajama top. Immediately she clutches them in shock and dismay, her legs kicking at the same time and her tail smashing loudly into the dresser to the side of the foot of the bed. The pang of the blow emits from the new limb, drawing attention to it. The already panicked catgirl attempts to get up, with no effort to remove her deathclutch on her chest nor balance her tail, and promptly she tumbles over, crushing a small, flimsy fake-wood table in the process with a feeble crunch and crackle.
'Okay... Calm down... Stop and think...' She silently tells herself, pulling herself up into a sit. She takes a breath and dusts herself off. Her mind races as she looks at her hands again.
'Okay. So. There's too much pain for this to be a dream. I'm suddenly Ann. This can be explained. What did I eat last night? How can I uneat it? No. No. It was nothing you ate.' She mentally rambles.
Timidly, she pulls out the front of her silk shirt and peeks down, 'Somehow I think Troy's behind this.
After staring down for what she suddenly feels for a little too long, she takes another deep breath and finally pulls herself to her feet. Her balance naturally seems to lean forward a bit, causing her to glance back at the ever so oversized tail behind her, almost unnerved by it. Carefully, she weaves her way through the chaotically placed furniture in the room and stealthily slips into the adjacent bathroom. After making sure to slide her tail in behind her and quietly shutting the door, she flicks on the light and looks in the mirror.
“Wow...” She says in an amazed, but almost almost bittersweet tone, surprised at the voice that came from her mouth. She leans in over the sink, putting her face so close to the mirror her wet nose touches it briefly as she stares into her own green, slitted eyes.

A very long and thorough examination later (purely for own curiosity and perverted interest, of course) Ann decides that she might as well get dressed and grab something to eat while she stews over how this happened. Walking back into her room, pajamas in hand (and a grumble about the large rip in the back of the silk pants), Ann opens the shift draw of her dresser to look for something proper to wear. She raises an eyebrow, eying the contents incredulously.
“This...” She starts as she takes one of the Gal-Zabor uniform shirts out of the drawer, “has got to be a set-up.”
Sure enough, all the other drawers contain clothing and undergarments tailored for her physique, which she dons with no qualms; if paranoidly looking around for anything else unusual. She stops buttoning up her shirt when she sees a holster sitting on an old, heavily worn computer chair facing the bed. She quietly examines the gun, feeling knowledgeable about it even though she knows she shouldn't.
“This can't just be me...” She mutters to herself, and promptly peeks out the window. She almost frowns at the lack of chaos.

Someone has to know about this. She thinks, almost desperately. She walks downstairs, recalling her previous objective of grabbing food while stewing over this, and makes a pass at the kitchen to make some toast with peanut butter on it. With this in her mouth, she quietly creeps down another flight of stairs to find no one in the computer room. She promptly boots up 'ye olde clunker', and while it loads, nibbles on the toast while she tries to sit comfortably with a big honking tail, eventually just letting it jut out awkwardly between her legs. She promptly goes online and checks some news sites. Nothing. She checks a few live stream videos of cities, watching the still-normal people walking down the street. She shakes her head in disbelief, pressing a hotkey to bring up Mayhem. Sleepy's thread immediately catches her eye. The toast almost drops out of her mouth as she hurriedly types up a response.
Yes! It happened to me, too! What is going on?

She hits send and simultaneously realizes she didn't even state what she had become. Quickly she hits the edit button... of Sleepy's post.
“Er mer gerrrd...” She growls from behind the toast, backing out and hitting edit to her post.
I'm Ann now, apparently. I don't feel like sticking my head in the scanner to show you.

She rehits submit and ponders over just scanning her hand or her big loaf of a tail as she finishes off the remainder of her meager breakfast.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:32 am

The sound of a gong alerted Oz to new email ("Note to self: The ears are very sensitive - turn the volume down on the speakers"), and she checked to find that there was a new post in Sleepy's thread.

"So AP's become Ann?" She snickered, and typed a reply.

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later, AP! :lol:

Seriously, though, I don't advise sticking your head in the scanner - if your eyesight is anything like mine is now - which is very likely - the light from it would probably blind you.

She looked around, and noticed something.

In fact, I've just realised that I'm seeing my computer room by the light from my monitor. And I can see everything perfectly.
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:15 am

Ann flicked back to Mayhem, having instinctively opened a game of Dwarf Fortress as she waited for replies, checking fairly often.
She gave an amused huff at Oz's quip, and glanced around the room, not seeing too much of a different in the sunlit room.
I'm not seeing much difference myself, Lee. I'll need to test it.

She promptly hit submit, and briefly reread her post. Immediately she cursed as the word 'Lee' flicked off the page to reveal a 'your post has been submitted' page, and she frantically went back into her post to edit the name, hoping no one noticed. This happens a lot.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:32 am

Ann, however, was not quite quick enough to slip the edit past Oz.

anti-paragon wrote: I'm not seeing much difference myself, Lee. I'll need to test it.

What, I even posted a photo, and you still can't tell the difference? Do I need to send you one without the shirt on?
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:38 am

Ann momentarily hesitated on the reply. Because of the annoyance of getting caught, I assure you.
The reply came through pretty quickly.
Hey, I fixed it already.
...And only if you really want that over the internet.

She almost hit submit, but thought of something to add.
Hey, I fixed it already.
...And only if you really want that over the internet. Well, with the photo of you up already it's only a matter of photoshop at this point.

Submit.
Ann decided now would be a good time to get over the awkwardness of using the restroom as the other sex. Not by choice.

OOC: I'll probably be gone for a few hours. Expect a reply at your own risk.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:58 am

Oz snorted. "Like I don't look like a creation of Photoshop already. Or some sort of movie-grade prosthetics."

I'm not sure it would matter, to be honest. Most people seeing that photo (either one!) would probably assume it was created in Photoshop.

And the same goes for you, I would imagine.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby mandros on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:38 am

Mandros wakes up and groggily reaches for the alarm to turn it off (five minutes before it even turns on) “Must … get … coffee…” Walks over to coffee machine and bashes the on button “where are my glasses” pauses for a moment, looks around “I CAN SEE WITHOUT MY GLASSES”

“Morning”

Mandros looks around again “umm who said that”. A winged skull flaps over to the table “that would be me” Mandros looks at the winged skull “great I can see clearly now, and I’m hallucinating”

Fly’s up to Mandros face “I’m no hallucination” Mandros grabs the skull “shut up. … Wait a sec your way too solid for a hallucination”

The coffee machine beeped that the coffee was done. So Mandros promptly dropped the winged skull and grabbed a mug. “If im going to deal with I'm going to need more coffee”

Mandros then heads off to the computer pauses and points at the winged skull “and you stay there till I figure out what’s going on” opens up mayhem and notices sleepy’s new page. “so I guess I'm not the only one who got a rude awakening lets see… wow looks like I lucked out all I got was a .. winged … skull” finally putting two and two together.

Mandros looks at the skull “Your Cid aren’t you” Cid nodded “okay then now what” hits reply

OK good news bad news time. Good news is I can see without my glasses now. Bad news is I got a winged skull chilling at my place. Anyone got a clue as to what’s going on
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:56 am

The poster known as Book, but mostly known as Alex was an early waker. Very early.
He rolled over, and fell off his bed.
"JESUS H CHRIST!" He yelled, as his head collided with the floor. He sat up, rubbing his head and looking at the wall. His hair felt longer than it should, but he put that down to the fact he needed a hair cut soonish. He stood up, and still glaring at the floor, stretched and yawned.
He was fully dressed, but he put that down to the fact he crashed any where, fully clothed.
As he went down stairs he passed a mirror, but barely gave it a second glance.
Then a he gave it the second glance, and just kept staring.
He was the Antichrist.

He grabed his mouth and stopped himself from screaming, calmly went to his computer, started up the internet, saw the topic and posted.
OK, I've just woken up as the antichrist, what do I do now?
Apart from that whole damn the world thing.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kum-El on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:58 am

A House Somewhere in the Hudson Valley

The changed body is the second thing KE notices.

This is because the first thing to be noticed is the floating above the bed.

What the za? Okay, okay, don't panic...Just figure out how to get down.

Some experimentation and eventual success later, the normal daily routine is begun. Breakfast, sho... "...Physically male...well, that'll save money..." Yeah, Kum-El's up, but he's not fully awake yet at this point. It probably helps that apart from the obvious difference the main change seems to be that he's grown a few inches. In fact, it doesn't really hit him until he's gotten online and clicked on a certain thread in Mayhem.

Nice to know it isn't just me...Though I seem to have gotten off lightly comparatively. A few more inches of height, better musculature...male genetalia and a flat chest, which believe me is not something I'm complaining about...

Oh, and I was floating earlier. I don't suppose anyone else woke up with superpowers?

Book gets in a post before he does, so he revises a bit.

Nice to know it isn't just me...Though I seem to have gotten off lightly comparatively. A few more inches of height, better musculature...male genetalia and a flat chest, which believe me is not something I'm complaining about...

Oh, and I was floating earlier. I don't suppose anyone else woke up with superpowers?

Book: Literally the Antichrist, or do you just resemble a b movie version of him? Not to make light of it, but that seems...a bit of an overreaction to whatever's happened to you.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:04 am

A while back I made a comic called A is for... and the main character was the Antichrist, except he more of a good guy/anti hero, than a bad guy, but some on, I still work up as the guy who is meant to cause the apocalypse, tell me that is good, I dare ya.

Also, I have a picture of him if you want?
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:09 am

Oz checked, and found the new posts in Sleepy's thread. "Well, now..."

KE: Not sure about superpowers as yet. I have the flame-aura, as you can probably tell from the photo, but I haven't actually tried to use any of KF-Oz's abilities yet.

Book: Go ahead and post the pic, is my advice. We seem to be sharing pics here anyway, so one more or less won't matter too much.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:20 am

No pics from me. At a guess I seem to be a version of, well, me. KE that is, not the guy at the laptop. No point in photographing to show you a change when the photo wouldn't show it.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:30 am

Fair enough. I think some of us probably don't have the facilities for picture-taking, in any case, so it's no big deal.

A thought occurred to her, and she added:

Just out of curiosity: Do you have any idea which version of KE you are?
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:35 am

He pauses for a moment to think about it.

Uh...

*looks around his room hoping to spot a clue*

KE suits actions to typed words.

"..."

Well, I seem to have acquired some things that lead me to believe I may be the Star Wars universe version...

The fact that I keep thinking random stuff in Duyacan could be a confirmation of that, or it could just be my mind being its normal offbeat self.

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:47 am

Oz thought for a moment, then had a sudden flash of insight, and called up the Mayhem wiki.

So, Staranos then? I'd think the presence of a lightsaber might be a good indication... :wink:

Also, have you checked for a pocketful of those pewter figurines you keep handing out?
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Piane on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:54 am

Well, it seems this is no isolated incident. Since every one else is posting photos, I might as well post mine.

Piane took his digital camera, snapped a photo of himself and posted it with his message. The scar on his neck was highly visible.

Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:03 am

Oz looked at the photo thus posted, and winced as she saw the scar.

That's a nasty-looking scar you have there. I take it there's a story behind it?
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:04 am

He knows Oz can't see it, but there's an eyeroll anyway.

It's not a lightsaber, that's regular KE who's got one of those. He's also the one with the hammerspace pockets. Staranos has a...well, it's hardly a regular sword, but it's a metal blade, not a lightsaber. And my blaster doesn't look like a plastic toy anymore...

The kicker's the armband lying on my nightstand though.

Piane: That scar looks like it was painful...

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Piane on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:12 am

After reading the posts did Piane then bother taking a close look at the photo.

Well, that does answer a few questions on who I am now. If I'm suddenly 'Volke' that scar was caused by a botched murder attempt with a poorly sharpened blade.

Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kum-El on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:15 am

Yep, that's definitely an 'Ow'.

...I should be invulnerable now, shouldn't I?

Behold the realization he's Kryptonian.

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:18 am

Oz sighed.

KE: You really need to update your wiki page sometime. Staranos has one sentence describing him there. And the armband you refer to: IIRC from reading about it in the Bar, it's inhabited by an Adonarite "ancestor spirit", right?

Also, I suggest you be very careful in testing out the invulnerability. Invulnerability is relative, after all.

Piane: I second KE's 'Ow'. Dare I ask what happened to the other guy?
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Next

Return to Mayhem