[Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:20 pm

Thanks for clearing that up for me Atashi. With that, consider your characters all Approved!
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:31 pm

All right, thanks.^^; and as a note, Jodi would know a lot about most household items that are tech-based, even 'low-tech' ones like a toaster or a grill. Just don't ask her to build a kitchen, she'll try and find a way to get a pneumatic pump system rigged up for the faucet and toilet to make it work better...^^;;

and yes, she does still do mad SCIENCE!!!...it's just not always mad and not always science.^^;
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:40 pm

OH Atashi! I forgot, this game has you turning into one of your characters, and the others are considered "muses", I'll need you to pick a character who you'll be, or you can be triplets. That's always an option :wink:
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:47 pm

Technically this is me going from 'average joe gamer' to my atypical forum-like persona...but if you want I can have it so that they're technically triplets now, and all feel each other's pain...sorta like the ESP twins display in the real world.

Or I could just whip up a new appearance and add in some fox-person...which would you prefer?
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:58 pm

No, I just mean that the premise of this game is that one day you wake up in the body of one of your characters and have all their abilities and stuff. Slowly over time their personality and memories start to replace yours until finally its just the character left. Other characters with a their normal mind can appear too. These normal brained characters are called "muses". The triplets things was if you wanted to wake up and find that you weren't just in the wrong body, but in three bodies. In other words no muses, but three copies of your original mind. I'm saying both of those options are available.

So I was just asking which of those three would you like to have your brain transplanted into if not all of them since it wasn't specified. You still have time to edit appearances and that sort of thing if you want, just let me know. Sorry if I'm being a bit difficult to understand. ^^; I'm rather Sleepy right now.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:05 pm

Hum...so you're Sleepy? I'm Atashi.^^; nice to meet ya.*brick'd*

ow...yeah, I deserve that for such a bad joke. Anyways, I understand what you mean now. I'll go with something, there'll be a final edit so it's less of a 'copy of self' and something more in-line with the RP.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:20 pm

I should probly try to make up a backstory for Kay, currantly shes basicly me with wings (and this version has a couple other powers and stuff)
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Abilities: Okay, simply put, he determines how physics affect him and anything/-one he's toughing. Mostly, this means unrealistically high jumps, stepping on air, moving really fast, and at higher powers, walking through walls and more such. If you want, I'll run everything by you before I actually have him use it. Don't worry, I'll keep him low-powered at first, but I'll feel free to adjust his power level as necessary to fit in.

Tim:
Levitation: I meant just levitating himself. Reason I said that instead of flight, is that it's just hovering around, not actually flying.

Spectral hands: You nailed it. Hard to concentrate on more than two at once, much slower reaction time with four(good enough for gunfight, but not swordfight), and any more than that, nothing that requires concentration.

Summoning Any army thing power: Well, in that case, I'll limit it to merely the supply tent, and some weaponry, if that's okay. Only weapons that could be carried and used by one man. If it's not okay, knock off the weaponry, though I'd rather not.

Kaley: Cuteness Defense Shield, though not very strong, and not continuous. She has to turn it on, so to speak.

Jimmy:
Inventory pockets: Well, if it's not in my inventory(see sig), it would only be random everyday junk, like pencils, a lighter, stuff you could find in a convenience store, maybe some camping gear, that kinda thing.

Create anything: Ah, see, his problem is that he can't just think of what it would do, he has to think of how it would do that. The more complicated and unrealistic the item, the harder it gets to make, and the longer it takes. He made Kool's staff, as unusual a weapon as that is, and highly unrealistic, but he visualized it, so he could make it.

Luna: It's not as per convenience. It's like, "The only thing this moment is missing is..." and BAM, there it is. I'll look over the posts, though, and see what I can do.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Ah, see, those examples clear things up a lot. Now I have a better picture of what you were going for, and yes those are reasonable changes. And you don't need to run everything by me, but if you want to do something and aren't sure if its too much or not or whatever, I'd be happy to help if you asked.

Tim: Ah, see there are two kinds of levitation, 1. of the self and 2. of everything else. Because I didn't know what type he had I assumed both so that's why I thought of it as a super powerful mental ability that could flip cars and stuff. If he's just going to be hovering a little then thats more than fine. It can even be mixed with the summon power. The summon power did need to be cut back though.
Well, in that case, I'll limit it to merely the supply tent, and some weaponry, if that's okay. Only weapons that could be carried and used by one man.

that's perfect. Thanks for making that change. With that Tim is good to go.

Kaley: That page says it can destroy the entire universe. Please no destroy the universe. But the way you described it sounds low power enough so I won't worry about it. She's good to go too.

Jimmy's fine too.

Luna, I'm just not convinced she's not going to instantly solve every problem without even having to try. That's sort of what these types of powers allow. Maybe you'd never do that, but I'd rather just be prudent and prevent problems before they occur accidental or otherwise.

Also, I'm trying to keep a limit of three characters per person. The kool, Tim, Kaley, and Jim are all Approved! , but I have to ask, do you really need four characters, or to put it another way, do you think you can handle the responsibility?
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Remember, all the muses are really just one person in this game, that's why I brought in TK. So I could have all of Kool's muses, but not have to have them all, if you know what I mean. And as for Luna, well, her thing isn't solving problems, it's making an already good moment better. She can't use it for anything but that.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Well I suppose that's fine then. Thanks for clearing that up ^_^ . You sir can officially consider all your characters on the Approved list.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:23 pm

I grow restless. Anyone have a problem with this starting up on Wednesday (June 10th)? If you don't have your bio up by then don't sweat it, characters will be able to hop in after the game has started.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby anti-paragon on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:38 pm

That's alright by me.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:29 pm

I have no problem with it starting but was wanndering will it be a problem that Kay dousn't really have a back story? I've always pretty much made my charecters as me with less inhabitions and some cool powers.
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby anti-paragon on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:53 pm

I think I can answer this one, if I may be so liberal.
You simply wake up as your favorite avatar. No backstory needed. You can see I gave Ann no backstory whatsoever for this RP; it's more about having fun and being a smooth flowing RP than having solid characters (at the start, anyway).
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:22 pm

I'n the first version of this people where geting dreams/flashbacks to there charecters backstories so I didn't know
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cameo on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:29 pm

I'd be okay with a Wednesday start.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Helseth on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:09 am

Fine here.
Image Image
veni, vedi, cerebra consumpsi
Inventory moved to wiki

If the strange behaviour of my character offends remember that the twisted mind that created it a probably several countries away.

Brain bleach available on request

"So many hancuffs in my life and NEVER a single hot chick involved" Dave, crfh
Helseth
Keenspot Despot

Postby SleepyOrigami on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:04 am

kgirl1992 wrote:I have no problem with it starting but was wanndering will it be a problem that Kay dousn't really have a back story? I've always pretty much made my charecters as me with less inhabitions and some cool powers.

Yeah, pretty much what AP said. A back story is a good way to add depth to your character later and it gives you the option to have flahbacks and the like if you want, but it isn't necessary. If you do make a back story, don't post it here but rather have your story revealed through your character. Maybe she has a weird dream, or flashback. Maybe she starts talking about something you wouldn't know about only to realize its something your character lived or experienced. There are lots and lots of ways to introduce a character background if that's what you want to do, but again with this RP it's:

anti-paragon wrote:I think I can answer this one, if I may be so liberal.
You simply wake up as your favorite avatar. No backstory needed. You can see I gave Ann no backstory whatsoever for this RP; it's more about having fun and being a smooth flowing RP than having solid characters (at the start, anyway).

I won't be posting a character back story either, but later on I might feel like having one if it suits my needs as a player.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:09 am

I'm good with a Wednesday start.

And KF-Oz doesn't have a backstory to speak of, either; she just basically started out as my avatar, in an RP where everyone's avatars got together and did things (usually fairly random things, at that). It was only later on (mostly after she "emigrated" to LPW) that she evolved into a character in her own right.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:48 am

Kay can have flashbacks to carrot, lol
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kum-El on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 am

I have a half finished bio for Staranos somewhere...

Ought to be able to get that done and posted before tomorrow. I think.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:09 am

I like the idea of Wednesday start-age.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Yun on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 am

Not sure if this needs reposting, as no changes have been made, but here it is anyway:

Name: Yun

Appearance:
Look over to the right of this post. Yeah, that freaky looking, red haired, bondage freak is my avatar! He's dressed nose to toe in black faux-leather (it looks like leather at first glance, but breathes and stretches a lot easier), has a slim but toned build, and is quite tall (About 6'2”/1.88m).

Personality:
Normally a cripplingly shy, slightly overweight computer junkie, whatever happened to the rest of mayhem has turned Yun into a loud, obnoxious, boastful, perverted, quasi-pro-wrestler. He loves an audience, and has a relatively limited sense of self preservation. That he has an elf willing to resurrect him at will doesn't hurt. He also wrongswears like the helicopter from Skin Horse, doing such things as referring to Samuel L. Jackson as a “bad oedipal complex,”using “boinking” as an intensifier, or describing an impressive maneuver as “naughty donkey.” He is also a raging pervert.

Abilities:
Yun comes from a universe where pro-wrestling is real. As such he has a tendency to use attack maneuvers that look ridiculous to the trained eye, but are somehow inexplicably effective.

Theme Song: Leck Mich im Arsch by Mozart

Muses:

Kasumi: A five inch, attractive girl in traditional Korean dress. Kasumi is Yun's chaotic muse, and the source of 90% of his awesomely bad ideas, and at least half of his good ones. She is bisexual, ADD afflicted, and proudly identifies as an “agent of chaos.”
Theme Song: Kasumi by Dir en Grey

Pai: An attractive, human sized (5'3”/1.6m) Chinese girl who appears to be about 23 years old. Pai is the order that balances out Kasumi's chaos, acting as an editor/filter to seperate the good ideas from the awesomely bad ones (Yun can usually pick out the just plain bad ones on his own.) Pai speaks broken English, and has similar pro-wrestling based abilities as Yun.
Theme Song: Obsession by See-Saw

Sariya: A short (5'0”/1.52m), hideously god-moded, 21 year old Elven sorceress who, these days, has become something of a human respawn unit. Sariya is one of Yun's favorite characters, but she has, over the years, become just too damn powerful to be used in any setting other than her own origin story. She became a de-facto muse due to the combination of Yun's desire to keep her around, and his occasional need for someone to bring him back to life. She has blonde hair in a short but feminine style, green eyes, and Vulcan-style ears. She is usually dressed in a fantasy-style, brown, hooded travelling cloak.
Theme Song: Mian (Sleep) by Silver Ash
Last edited by Yun on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yun
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:01 pm

Wednesday is fine.

And will there be any Star of Mayhem type thing or anyway of picking us all up?
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem