[Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Ann is Approved!
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Wheee! So, is there a limit on muses? There'd better be, else I might show up with all five plus minions...
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BumRussianElvis on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:15 pm

SleepyOrigami wrote:BRE - the summon weapons thing, Vasoo isn't going to stand on a ledge and summon a tank which falls on the enemy below or something right? Is it mainly guns, swords and explosives?

Not just mainly, but exclusively. I'd never even considered the tank thing, actually. It might be a good gag to pull off in a later movie. But yeah, he can only summon guns and blades, really. Explosives he tends to keep in his satchel.
The Chronicles of the Jelly Donut. C'mon, you know you wanna know what is is.
psycho_BUNNY wrote:The Slavic Hobo King of Rock 'n Roll.
BumRussianElvis
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:22 pm

Sounds like an ability Tim has. He can summon anything that could be found in an army supply tent, of any present or past era. All sorts of mundane supplies included right next to the tanks and high explosives.

You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:01 pm

Anything blessed, like communion wafers, holy water, holy wine, crosses, stars of david, the The Crescent Moon of Islam.
Stuff like that.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:43 pm

SleepyOrigami wrote:Oz, also looks good. The wiki-page mentions something about Green Lantern powers though and it confused me a bit. What is the extent of this and how do I know that it isn't too powerful?

Ah, yes, good point. I do need to clarify that anyway, so:

The "Green Lantern powers" are very minor in extent (nowhere near as powerful as Cory, for example). For the purposes of this RP, she can turn her flames into a bullet-proof shield for a very short period (about a minute or two), and can extend it to cover another person she's in close contact with (and by "close" I mean "hugging them" close), but this is tiring for her.

Does that work?
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Helseth on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:31 am

Here's Helseth!

Name: Helseth
Age: A few hundred, it the years start to blur after of all the drinking and timezone shifts
Appearance: a typical 5 foot suthay-raht with orange fur and black stripes (i.e anthro-tiger)
Personality: Easy going Helseth usually spends his time looking for fun and a nice drink in between practising his skills and survivng.Years of subtance abuse and the adventures had afterwards have left their mark on Helseth's mind. While most of the time he is fully in control of himself, at times logical thought seems beyond him.
Abilities: Like many Khajiit Helseth feel into the trap of skooma addiction, learning how to pick a lock and fight with knife and claw and to support the habit, even learning alchemy to try make his own when cash was short. After an attempted robbery on a local mage netted the mages grimoire and a free one way trip to another dimension he studied the book to try and get home learning the arts of magic focusing more on illusion, teleportation and offensive spellcasting. As a pratical offshoot of he has learnt to access a version of hammerspace where he stores all his belongings.
Image Image
veni, vedi, cerebra consumpsi
Inventory moved to wiki

If the strange behaviour of my character offends remember that the twisted mind that created it a probably several countries away.

Brain bleach available on request

"So many hancuffs in my life and NEVER a single hot chick involved" Dave, crfh
Helseth
Keenspot Despot

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:21 am

Alright. The kool! There' not set limit on number of muses, however I would strongly prefer it if a player had no more than 3 characters total. Beyond that it gets confusing unless you use the buddy system and keep your characters together. Exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis. I'm pretty understanding about these things do if that limit just devastates you, go ahead and write up the extra charaters and explain why they are important. I'll consider it.

BRE - Excellent. Consider your characters Approved!

Book - Cool. Thanks for clearing that up. With all the modern day vampire stories floating around the internet these days that sort of thing can be confusing if not specified.

Oz - That's great. I was just worried seeing as the green lantern was often accused of blowing up entire planets. What your doing is perfectly within reason, so your character is Approved!

Helseth - I have a few questions that need some clarification
1. Illusions - explain a little more please. Can people interact with them physically? ie believe they are climbing a nonexistent mountain or falling down a fake chasm? Be unable to casually walk through a fake wall? etc.

2. Teleportation and other magics - those work via potions like in the other RP right? I'm going for a bit of a magical stamina type thing and since potions aren't going to physically make one weaker necessarily would his version of stamina be like having a limited number of potions available? Like if he uses too many spells in one go he'll need to restock later?

3. Explain what you mean by offensive spell casting please. Like thunderbolts and lightning? or transformation? or is it like a sort of grab bag of various spells? If it is a grab bag of random ad convenient spells then I'd ask that on average the typical spell be weaker than if say the character had a specialty such as illusions like you said before. I'd be fine with high level magic in areas one has specialized in only.

4. Hammerspace - Only stuff he puts in there can be accesed right? If thats the case then no further limit is needed on your hammerspace. This is a free power available to all who wish to have it. It's only when summoning things not previously placed in hammespace that I ask for serious limits to be placed.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malachy19 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:13 am

Sorry, all the cool kids are vague these days. 8)

Malachy can cast white mage spells, from the Final Fantasy series. These consist of healing spells, some buffing and debuffing spells and also the occasional holy blast spell. I was going to say that he doesn' know the full array of spells yet and as he grew and began to control his abilities more he may eventually unlock stronger spells. It's up to you whether you'd allow magic as strong as raise and re-raise (which kinda brings you back as soon as you conk out).
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:35 am

Name: Sergeant Major Maxwell Daniel Mitchelson/Eve (When TF’d)

Appearance: Male: The Sergeant Major is a 6’6”, brown-haired, blue-eyed, Caucasian male. He stands 6’9” in his combat armor. Due to the years he has spent wearing his armor, he is unnaturally pale.
Female: When the Sergeant Major is in female form, she has the same pale skin as when she is male. Due to her magical abilities when female, her hair is partially red, the result of a spell she used to keep track of how many people she has killed or defeated. The whites of her eyes turn blood-red, and the irises turn pitch-black. She also has a scar over her right eye.

Personality: Male: The Sergeant Major is warm-hearted and gruff. He always looks out for his men, making sure that they are safe at all times. He’s quick to make conversation with allies, and is also kind to his captured foes.
Female: Eve is cold, calculating, and always angry. She won’t hesitate to maim or seriously injure someone, and will usually do so with her Franchi SPAS12 semi-automatic shotgun. She loves to taunt her enemies before attacking, to make them nervous and thusly easier to outwit.

Abilities: Male: Due to a series of bio-augmentations that he received, the Sergeant has heightened reflexes and senses, a greatly decreased reaction time, and enhanced strength and speed. In his armor, he is strong enough to flip over a tank.
Female: Due to a strange twist in the fabric of the universe, Eve does not have the bio-augmentations in female form. She makes up for this with a particular mastery of fire magic and the gift of tongues. She uses this ability to say choice words to her victims before she finishes them off.

Equipment: Male: 1 X-42 Variant Beta Powered Assault System, Serial Number X-42 VBPAS-001; 1 GRC-55 Heavy Blaster Rifle, Serial Number GRC-55 2812131482; 1 GR-9 Heavy Blaster Pistol, Serial Number GR-9 1213124324; 1 TF Rifle, no registry number; 6 fragmentation grenades; 6 plasma grenades; 4 antipersonnel mines; 1 Mayhem Wiki Banhammer, note that the Banhammer can only be used to hit people, not ban them; 1 Defender-Class Military AI, code-named "Octavian".

Female: 1 Franchi SPAS-12 semi-automatic shotgun; several thousand rounds of ammo for said shotgun; a rapier; several energy knives; a garrote wire; two matte-red P90's.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:56 pm

Hum....I really did like the idea of the RP when I first saw it, and even though I abandoned it afterwards....I'm considering this remake. The premise is what I really like about this RP, but I just have no clue what to go with for this...I may make up my mind eventually, so don't expect this to be the last from me.^^;
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Malachy19 wrote:Sorry, all the cool kids are vague these days. 8)

Malachy can cast white mage spells, from the Final Fantasy series. These consist of healing spells, some buffing and debuffing spells and also the occasional holy blast spell. I was going to say that he doesn' know the full array of spells yet and as he grew and began to control his abilities more he may eventually unlock stronger spells. It's up to you whether you'd allow magic as strong as raise and re-raise (which kinda brings you back as soon as you conk out).

No one has full control over their abilities at first. So go for the eventually stronger thing like you said. I'm not familiar with FF games, so I don't really know what raise and re-raise are like, but things like an accelerated healing rate or that thing where Cheezkyrie can raise from the dead slowly over time are okay. With this in mind, Approved!

Mdm, it all looks good. You only have one detail that needs clarification. What do you mean by mastery of fire magic? Like starting and putting out fires and maniplation of the flames while in the air? Or like instantly setting an entire forest on fire?

Atashi-Cloud! If you need help thinking about your character, Send me a PM and we can talk about it. Pitch ideas to me in private and I'll give ya feedback or provide useful information, etc. Believe you me, you don't want to miss out on this one! :D
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Like starting and putting out fires and maniplation of the flames while in the air?

Like that. My old Troy-drawn avatar of the guy with the sword demonstrates.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:10 pm

I know that avatar. Cool. Your characters my good sir are very much Accepted!
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kgirl1992 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:06 pm

I am going to put a bio here basicly the same as befor but I want to add that she can heal faster then normol humens and she has a shourt term personal sheild (if you've read any of the young wizard books basicly Nitas sheild) she can make it extramly strong for just her but genrally she uses it to defflect bullets and that kind of thing for her and anyone she chooses to protect nearby (within arms reach but she can streach it in a pinch) she can hold it at bullet strangth for herself for a while but much stronger/larger then and it uses a lot of her strangth to the point that it might make her pass out
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:18 pm

The shield is fine. For anyone who doesn't know Kgirl's old bio it can be found here viewtopic.php?p=3470680#p3470680

Kay is Approved!

Will your muse be joining you this time too? and did you ever make a decision about that whole discussion on how the summon anything power you were discussing in the other thread would be limited or did you just drop that idea in favor of standard hammer/plot space?
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kgirl1992 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Yes Kris will be here,I gave upo on that instead her pocket space which acts as her inventory space will just have some extra things like lock picks, guns, ammo, and minor healing potions
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BinaryWraith on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:19 am

I'll have a bio for you after the weekend. Going to be away from my PC until probably late Monday.
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Helseth on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:29 am

Okay clarification time (I hope)

4 As its the easiest i take this one first. Yes but i felt the need to make sure he had it otherwise he would be dragging around lots of equipment. plus I gave a reason why he has it :D

2-3 He has magic seperate from the potions but the offensive spells (lightning fire and frost, either as bolt or touch attack) are incredibly tiring in situations where he's stressed (i.e. combat or captivity) so he normally relies on potions and saves the magic for convenience during daily life (lighting fires chilling his drink etc). For here its either last ditch resort or part of a gag. the teleportation was designed to jump from dimension to dimension and is inaccurate as a result (in the previous rp I didn't care where i went in character so it didn't matter)

Depending on what you choice I can and will limit potion numbers and they are normally a variety so power will be reduced (I mean i had fun last rp restocking)

1 Illusions are just that. The only power the have over people is that of self delusion (and vision obstruction of course) A person can be stopped by a wall only if they believe in the illusion so much they don't actually try to go through it. However they still have the power to kill those with weak hearts through fright or scare them into stepping backwards of a cliff etc

Hope that cleared it up for you. I mean I know what I mean but...
Image Image
veni, vedi, cerebra consumpsi
Inventory moved to wiki

If the strange behaviour of my character offends remember that the twisted mind that created it a probably several countries away.

Brain bleach available on request

"So many hancuffs in my life and NEVER a single hot chick involved" Dave, crfh
Helseth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cheez on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:10 am

Helseth wrote:However they still have the power to kill those with weak hearts through fright or scare them into stepping backwards of a cliff etc.

Or trick them into thinking the cliff ends a few metres further out than it actually does, eh? :wink:
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:37 am

or that theres no cliff at all and the path just keeps going
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:53 am

Alright, let us begin! I've decided to add a new character, an adaption of my muses for this game. Should be fun.

Name: Kool

Appearance: Behold! For those who prefer the written word, picture this: Black bandanna with white patterns tied on his head (like a pirate), about an inch of brown hair sticking out underneath, and a layer of stubble that never goes away, as he's too lazy to shave more than twice a year. Blue eyes, tanned skin, tall and well-muscled, despite the fact that he hardly ever works out. He wears a green, blue, and a little bit of white plaid bathrobe over his clothes, hanging open in the front. He has a large collection of T-shirts from a wide variety of sources, but always seems to be wearing the same khaki zip-off cargo pants. Always seems to go around in socks and sandals.

Personality: ADHD, but extremely lazy. Often calls himself Newton's first law in the flesh: "A body in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. A body at rest tends to stay at rest, unless acted upon by an outside force." A hard worker when he puts his hand to it, but prefers to put his hand to fun. Has a great association with his two main muses, Kaley and Jimmy, but the five mages tend to drive him nuts.

Abilities: On his own, he determines how physics work in relation to himself and anything/-one he is touching. Often considered to be god-like in terms of powers, this is the only one he really has, though any of his mages can grant him their powers. At a lesser power lever, his ability is mostly Matrix-like moves, though later it gets so crazy it's beyond ridiculous.

Name: TK
Abilities: TK has STFS; Spontaneous Transformation Syndrome. TK always takes the form of one of Kool's muses, changing depending on the need. He has no control over this, neither does Kool, only The Kool(as in, The Kool Behind The Keyboard) does. This doesn't mean he is immune to TFs. If one form gets TFed, though, it doesn't affect the others.

Muses(don't exist except as forms of TK):
Tim: Laziness and Schadenfreude. He's an old war veteran, missing all four limbs. His abilities include levitation, the ability to summon and control any number of spectral hands, and access to his inventory/hammerspace, which contains anything you could possibly find in an army supply tent or armory(vehicles included, though they are rather unwieldy, and it doesn't mean he'll know how to use them).
Kaley: Fun and Carefreeness and Curiosity. Kaley is an orange and cream striped catgirl, of apparent age varying between 6 and 18. She can shoot a catgirl TF ray, and she has made use of the Cuteness Defense Shield
Jimmy: Inventiveness, Inspiration, Adaptability. He's a cool-looking dude with bottomless pockets full of Kool's inventory, and all other sorts of random junk that's not unique. He can also create anything, possible or otherwise, so long as he can imagine it.
Luna: Epicness and Perfection, and possibly Love. She looks like an Elf, has the wings of a Fairy, and is the size of a Halfling, with the abilities of all three. Other than that, she has the ability to Summon Perfection, which lets her instantly summon anything that could further perfect the situation, no matter what it is, but nothing else. On another note, Luna has White Magic, as seen in FF.
Jake: Power and Destruction. Jake is a Lurmen, colored striped white and black. When he gets out of control angry, he turns into a Dire Lurmen, growing in size, and growing vicious fangs and claws, looking far more a wolf than a lemur. Other than that, he has Black Magic, as seen in FF.

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:30 pm

copied word for word off of the old thread, here's the bio again. I'm not really sure if it fits, but address an issue and I'll correct it. I've fixed up bios before dozens of times, so don't worry about asking me to fix some details.

Name: Thomas Darrellis, 'Thom', 'Tom'
Appearance(before being an avatar): Young man, roughly about six feet total in height with brown curly hair kept short and has glasses with half-frames. Hazel eyes, and has his usual wardrobe of random gamer t-shirts and comfy slightly-baggy jeans.

Appearance(after): Despite being human previously, he's gained a good amount of foxen features, most notably the tawny fur covering his whole body and now has a black ORGXIII coat on over the shirts he usually wears. General appearance is here, just ignore all the lettering 'n stuff.^^;

Personality: Somewhat eccentric, definitely an oddball and enjoys witty and dry humor. Fan of George Carlin, and tends to be on the mostly pessimistic side of life, oftentimes acts optimistic to remove his pessimism when needed. Has a special quirk of disliking when meaning does not match up with what is being said, mostly as a personal problem with not being able to detect sarcasm without knowing(on a friend basis) the person speaking. Also has a habit of making video game references where-ever he feels it is needed, sometimes even in a serious situation if the idea is comedic enough. Likes to keep people happy and enjoys trying to make useful jokes to cheer others up, tends to downplay his faults a lot to make the better side shine just that much more.

Abilities: Generally...not very much, high knowledge of the video gaming world and reflexes to match anything involving such stuff, the only real power comes from a special item made by Jodi. The item in question is a white DSLite that has a Yoshi on the covering with a Yoshi-themed stylus, and has a green strap for carrying. There's a select set of powers from it, most of which are video game themed and require the appropriate video game. A short list is below of which games give what abilities and/or gear.

Sonic Rush: Superspeed, a pair of cool shoes, and can become a fox-anthro in true Sonic style(just changes some slight physical attributes)
Pokemon Pearl: genderswap'd, and use of everything in the game currently possessed(based off of save file). Actually depletes the items used and Pokemon need a rest as well, not to mention that to switch teams the game must be turned on and played appropriately to get proper results.
StarFox Command: Summonable Arwing, including weapons. Changes to being a Submersible near water.
Castlevania; Order of Ecclesia: genderswap'd, and gains abilities and armor currently on Shanoa in the game. Can't use food items from game, but eating food after being injured heals up damage sustained.

He also has some control over the two muses with him, although for the most part they are just entities that represent other parts of his nature. Occasionally they will 'disappear' for a while, which really just means that Tom's head is acting as a Tardis for them. This means they are truly muses, but tend to act more like real people. While in his head, Tom can talk to the muses and generally anyone talking to Tom will also be heard by the muses, only difference is that only Tom can hear them while in his head.

Name: Jodi Darrellis, 'Jo'
Appearance: Similar to Tom, Jodi more or less looks like a female version of him with braided hair to her waist and has the usual metal prosthetic for her right forearm. She has vibrantly blue eyes with swirly gear-patterns in 'em not unlike an Al-Bhed. She's also got a lighter furtone, and is about averagely beautiful in terms of feminine quality(just enough for guys to hit on her). Dresses in tanktops and jean pants, sometimes shorts and has a pair of tennis shoes with faded pink soles and details.

Personality: semi-dark and brooding, tends to be very pessimistic and likes letting others know it. Usually kept in check by Tom telling her to shut it, she's not that bad when taken the time to get to know her. Generally follows a similar eccentric and oddball personality as Tom, but more feminine and has no problem with letting on about her being a possible lesbian.

Abilities: Technomancy; generally can make stuff that has the potential to break or subvert physics in some way or fashion, doesn't always have to do it but is more helpful when it does. Can also repair darn well near any kind of mechanical device short of malfunctioning warheads or weaponry, although cannot make weapons since it is limited to specifically domestic technology.

Name: Kinno Shioyu
Appearance: Generally this, height being about 5' 6" since the image doesn't show it well. Also has a normal human form, which looks the same minus the dolphiny bits. The hair while human is longer, down to about the middle of her back.

Personality: Optimistic and cheerful, Kinno is pretty much the best one to be around since she has some of the better traits from Tom. Apologizes for mistakes rather often, and tends to get worried about making said mistakes. She turns harsh and stubborn when angered, and downright vicious and dangerous when pinned into a compromising situation.

Abilities: Can manipulate existing water and is able to generate electricity from her body(and slightly manipulate it), is immune to electrical damage and can swim exceptionally well and can attain some very high speeds while doing so. Is quite skilled with using a trident to fight, and her 'home turf' is fighting underwater.
Last edited by Atashi-Cloud on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:35 pm

Okay, long post. I'll get the short stuff out of the way first.

@Kgirl: Good. Still approved.

@Wraith: No real rush, take your time, you can even jump in after this thing has started if you want. I think I'm still waiting on 10 to put up a bio as well.

@Helseth: No need to give a number of potions. Limiting it is more of a goal than a requirement. Just stay reasonable about it and try to restock from time to time. With you other clarifications I hereby decree that you are Approved!

=================================================================
Atashi! Let's go through yours one at a time.

Tom: is very well written and his abilities are at just the right power level. Good job ^_^ b . I'm not familiar with Castlevania so could you explain just a little for my benefit what a Shanoa inventory is? Judging from the other things I expect it is also reasonable and so he is tentatively Approved!

Jo: Also good to go. Q: Insta-build or not insta-build?

Kinno: I think there was supposed to be an image link in there somewhere, but I can't find it. Otherwise she is also set.

Atashi: Ice being his specialization, I'll allow the high level berserk power. It would, however, need to have a serious effect or drawback on him for reasons of balance. Ex. After releasing berserk ice blast, he goes comatose from the exertion for like a day or so. It can be whatever you want, but the drawback is necessary. Collateral damage alone is not enough. Revise this and I'll consider him. That or explain why it is not too powerful as is.

Also, I'd kind of like it if we could keep the character to player ratio at a maximum of three if possible. Do you really need four, or to put it another way, can you handle that kind of responsibility?
=================================================================

The Kool! Appearance, good, personality, also good. Abilities: Altering physics . . . congratulations, you sir have just defined Magic in its most vague and conceptual form. Everyone here is changing the laws of physics. Its a magical powers game and in the slot that say list magical abilities you basically said 'has abilities, some of them magical.' I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific than that. Provide examples of what you mean so I can at the very least classify your abilities. Ex. Atashi said change physics in his description too, but at least he gave it the well structured framework of technomancy so I could wrap my head around what he meant. The ability to have any ability or variety of magic is acceptable if that's what yo mean; however if that's the case you can only have the most basic and low level spells in non-specialized categories. Basically like what AP is doing with Apprentice mage syndrome and being unskilled with a variety of magics. I'm sorry this is so long, but you gave me basically nothing to work with so I had to cover all bases with this to make an effort to help you out. Also, "Beyond ridiculous" is the exact opposite of what I'm looking for in a character power level. :P

Now I shall work my way through your muses one by one as I did for Atashi above. I like how you were more specific with these characters so I can give focused advice on how to bring them up to code.
The kool wrote:Muses(don't exist except as forms of TK):

This is good that they all share one body and just swap form and are thus not all present at the same time cause there's no way I'd let a single player have 6 different characters running around at the same time. It's just way too many. I want to set an upper limit of 3 physically present characters per person at any given time. 4 is pushing it, but not so many that I wouldn't consider it if one made a good case.

Tim:
Levitation: is good power. The ability to flip one, maybe two cars at a time while in motion (but not stopping their forward momentum) is about as strong as that should get. Ever.

Spectral hands: also good. They should get weaker and harder to control as they become more numerous. Probably would set a fighting maximum of 4 due to limits on concentration and mental stamina. More than that would be too weak to fight, but could be strong enough to do household chores etc.

Summoning Any army thing power: This I am most skeptical about. He already has two other very powerful abilities, and this out classes the other two combined. Especially since it includes vehicles which could be abused in the way I talked about with BRE earlier in the thread. It's not that unreasonable, but I'd ask that you either give him the mental abilities OR the summoning ability. Not both. Pick one or the other.

Kaley:
No real complaints here. What is a cuteness defense shield though? Being too cute to get hit perhaps? :P

Jimmy:
Inventory pockets: Acceptable seeing as they are an inventory and not a 'summon anything that pleases me type power'. Try and take inventory and describe some of types* the stuff available so I know you aren't just summoning anything regardless. *Note: I don't need something so detailed as an exact list, but rather like "some potions, a tfg, and some sharp weapons." A broad description is fine so long as I can tell the difference between 'belongs' and 'pulled out of nowhere'.

Create anything: This is another power that can be lots of fun when properly limited. A good way to think of limits is to ask yourself "how would this work?" Example if it is through power of imagination alone, perhaps he needs to focus a lot on keeping the object in existence and it'll vanish at first distraction. If it's a really complex item, maybe he'd go into a trance just to maintain it?

A different way create anything could work would be like how alchemy works in Full Metal Alchemist. You can only create stuff so long as you have the raw materials and energy available. These are just some examples of how you could keep this same type of power and just scale it back to acceptable levels. There are other ways, I'm just stating these in an effort to help give you some ideas on what I'm looking for.

Luna: Sorry, I'm very very biased against summon anything 'because it's convenient' type powers without severe limitations. See the many previous posts on the issue above for reasons why and potential solutions. I don't feel like retyping them for the umpteenth million time.

As far as the white magic goes see the what I talked with Mal about to get an idea on the scope of that.

Jake:
Looks good. Since you mention FF (which I am not familiar with) I suppose the powers would be low level at first and stamina linked with like MP or some fashion like that. That's fine. No real other issues here.

I hope all this text is helpful. I really want you to join in this RP. It's just that I'm trying to keep power levels of the various players about even. Everyone starts out fairly low level and limited. It's just the way the game works my friend.
Last edited by SleepyOrigami on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:59 pm

*notices the lack of a link in the description where necessary*...><; crud, good point. I'll fix that in an edit.

I'll nix Atashi then. Jodi doesn't instantly-build things, it still takes time but a considerably less amount of time for common household items that aren't really high-tech. A laptop VS say a TV....the laptop would take a few days given the right parts already there, but if she has to make it all from scratch it'll be at least a week before she has a fully operating laptop. A TV would take at most two days even starting from scratch assuming it isn't an HDTV or something on the cutting edge of technology. Also, she has to at least know what the device is in order to make it quickly and has to do it at least ten or so times to have the process memorized for the faster building skill to kick in.

Oh, and the 'Shanoa Inventory' thing is just a minor technical thing...in the game you equip two attack glyphs and a support glyph, and there's a few relics that add extra abilities like being able to double-jump and do kick attacks midair along with a sleeve that switches to a preset glyph combination. The Glyphs have set power levels and can't be upgraded except for the ones that summon monsters to help fight, but those aren't nearly as useful since they fight without being commanded and can't really take commands either.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem