[Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:00 pm

Yah, I can wait as well...^^;; fortunately, I made sure there was a mention somewhere of the Pokemon lineup changing, so all's well and good. I do have to eat as well, so hopefully I'll have done that before I go post again.^^;
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Hey guys,
So it turns out I'm actually pretty sick right now. Sore throat, major headache, coughing, and a fever of 102 degrees F to name a few symptoms. Seems my strategy of 'do nothing for it or a week' didn't help. Anyone want to volunteer to take this RP over for a bit while I get some bed rest? There really isn't any plan that stretches out that far ahead on the account of I just make stuff up as I go along anyways so you'd be pretty free to do whatever with the plot you want. Actually, you could consider it a guest filler arc. AP, since your character is on Sleepy's ship you get dibs on autoing them and their ship if you want. *cough hack wheeze* I'm just going to go lay down now. Sorry about the trouble. I want yall to know that I really wish I could be there for you guys.

Sincerely,
Sleepy
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kum-El on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Take all the time you need Sleepy. I think I can safely safe we'd all rather you concentrate on getting better than on furthering the plot right now. We'll keep this afloat for you.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Yun on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:52 pm

The only question I have is can I go ahead and auto Pai and Sariya back with the money?

Otherwise get well soon, and don't worry about us.
Yun
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:58 pm

I'll come up with something extra cool for the scene where I'm at, Sleepy. Don't worry, it won't be overpowered...but it will cause a large explosion and maybe damage a lot of the airport. Enough to suddenly get caught in the media and force the trio into running from the people after them.^^; I could run it by you if you really want me to, otherwise I'll just put it up and perhaps try to make sure it doesn't cause tons of chaos.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Jodi. Explosion.

Totally not surprised.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:59 pm

It won't be surprising that she'll be NEAR the explosion...but the fact that she didn't cause it? yes, that will be surprising.

It's likely to be a Pokemon to cause it, mostly because I doubt a Thunderbolt that misses it's target will not have bad backlashes to the surrounding environment...also, a Sandstorm summoned up could cause issues too...not to mention maybe a Rain Dance may do something bad as well...^^;; lots of ways for Pokemon to mess with things in an Airport, very little space to figure out which is best...xP
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby mandros on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:56 pm

So long as you don't use earthquake, that will really cause some collateral damage.

On a related note what would happen if you put an action max replay in your DS?
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Well...so long as it doesn't glitch up the game, it could enable pretty much near anything it would normally do...but only in the game itself being played normally...Thom's powers come from the saved game file rather than the active game itself...sure, the DS has to be on, but that just initiates the connection to him for use of the powers it would grant. By proxy, the cheat device wouldn't work and may actually wind up disabled due to his powers intermingling in the DS and the game...it'd require Jodi creating the same device for him to use in conjunction with his powers, and at that point the character would be totally broken with what could be achieved.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:33 am

Hey guys, just checking in to let you know I'm feeling a little better. My fever finally broke, but I still feel pretty bleck. So I'll take this time to answer questions then it's back to bed for me.

Yun wrote:The only question I have is can I go ahead and auto Pai and Sariya back with the money?

Otherwise get well soon, and don't worry about us.

Yes, they get paid in $20 dollar bills.

Kum-El wrote:Take all the time you need Sleepy. I think I can safely safe we'd all rather you concentrate on getting better than on furthering the plot right now. We'll keep this afloat for you.

Thanks KE.

Atashi-Cloud wrote:y want me to, otherwise I'll just put it up and perhaps try to make sure it doesn't cause tons of chaos.

Go for it.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:58 am

As KE said, Sleepy, take all the time you need to recover from whatever bug bit you.

We can put off the "Oz and Joy get abducted to Plotspace" thing until you get back to us - we've been kinda putting it off already anyway, so a little more delay won't hurt anything.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby mandros on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:07 pm

Well like Cid said he is at San Diego airport with my ticket now what? Should he be kidnapped or just picked up or what?

working on an RP

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:11 am

Alright, I'm gone for the weekend as my parents came to town and they don't travel much these days. Mandros, I'll have Cid run into some trouble when I get back on Monday, until then feel free to let Cid enjoy the spa trip.

As for Tom and Vassoo at the airport, I'd like to give them the welcome I had wanted to give Tom before I got sick and had to cancel my plans. Are you two up for a two on two battle starting on Monday? It'll be the introduction of some recurring characters and advance the stroyline a bit. You two don't have to stay at the airport, but I'd like it if you stayed together after meeting up and didn't just vanish off to the camp before I can have a chance to attack.

Oz and Pixel, I'd like it if you two could get captured before the battle on Monday. If you haven't joined your cubes by then I'd rather just forget about it. In other words, not doing anything has slowed down a plot point related to what's happening at the airport with Tom and Vassoo.

These are your deadlines and appointments.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:03 am

Okay by me. I think I have one or two more people to collect, but that's about it.
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:41 pm

There's enough time for BRE and I to stall, Sleepy...that, and there's enough for the two to catch up on that it's plot-relevant for them to stay around for a few hours or so.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:40 pm

*Raises hand* Oz! Over here!
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BumRussianElvis on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Never fear; I'm the master of stalling tactics. Hang around til Monday, you say? Not a problem.
The Chronicles of the Jelly Donut. C'mon, you know you wanna know what is is.
psycho_BUNNY wrote:The Slavic Hobo King of Rock 'n Roll.
BumRussianElvis
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:47 pm

I think any War Thread vet is a master of stalling. :-/
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Yeah, although I never had to stall...just keep things busy, which is another way of stalling for time. :P
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:32 am

mdm wrote:*Raises hand* Oz! Over here!

Be right there!

Anyone else who needs picking up: Please notify IC-Oz right away, or arrange it with the other transport providers, because come Monday, the Convenient Door Express ain't going to be available. :wink:
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:20 pm

I'm finally back, and I don't really want to read up in the disc thread. I will try to read up in the game thread before I try to jump in anywhere, and I'll try to follow standard procedures for joining a running game. In the meantime, anything I should know? Other than that you guys post a lot?
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:23 pm

Okay everyone, prepare for sudden plot movements. Oz, I leave the trigger to your situation in your hands, as soon as you can, post about joining your cube to Pixel's and I'll whisk you two away to plotspace and start you guys' adventure.

Tom and Vassoo, I'll have your opponents jump in very soon. If you want to handle introductions or something else first, let me know and do it quickly. Ready or not, the battle starts tomorrow evening.

Anyone else waiting on GM input?

Piane, I had Origami greet Volke aboard the Rio, would you care to respond or should I just take off and have the group headed to the campsite?

Oh yeah, those of you at the camp with your cubes sound off. I need to know which ones have activated since the campsite was formed and what pairs were formed. Especially since magic is being used there quite often and some people are probably over due for sticky cube action and potential abduction to plotspace.

For example, Book and Kgirl's cubes are active, Book has been flying around and stuff, his cube is going to stick to him like glue whereas kgirl hasn't really used any magic and probably just has a glowing cube.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:32 pm

Wait...what are these cubes you speak of? I take it I'd better do some reading.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mandros on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks for the reminder.

By the way my cube will glow the same colour as Cid"s text

working on an RP

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Yun on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Yun's cube is in Sariya's bag of holding, but it should be activated.

Edit: Am I right in assuming that the stickiness only applies to Yun, himself?
Yun
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem