[Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Kay would try and probably get killed
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:09 pm

Well, we've hit the three day mark and things seem to be going pretty well in the RP. Is everyone having a good time? My goal is to provide you the players a fun and involving world to explore and adventure in; however, this is my first time doing something like this and so there's bound to be lots of room for improvement. This is why I'd like to open the floor to comments and feedback. How's my driving so to speak. Help an owl out, whether you like something or notice a bad habit share your thoughts. Is there anything I can do to make this game more enjoyable for you? Am I moving things too quickly, or not quickly enough? Am I confusing things with too much complexity? Things like that.

Let's work together to make each day a little more fun ^_^ b
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cheez on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:49 pm

You're doing fine so far mate.

And CK would help too.

By the way, I'm posting for a few hours before bed on my parents' PC. It's hellishly slow, still uses IE5 and you have to punch the keyboard for it to register anything, but at least it's internet.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby Grim Atescu on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:14 pm

I only just began, but it looks like everyone's having fun, so I say that as far as I can tell, you're doing good, kid.
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby Helseth on Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:27 am

I'm having fun so far and I've only got to plot random things. I can't wait until we get a bit further in.
Image Image
veni, vedi, cerebra consumpsi
Inventory moved to wiki

If the strange behaviour of my character offends remember that the twisted mind that created it a probably several countries away.

Brain bleach available on request

"So many hancuffs in my life and NEVER a single hot chick involved" Dave, crfh
Helseth
Keenspot Despot

Postby anti-paragon on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:49 am

Yea, the loose plot stuff is a lot smoother running.

By the way, Helseth, I'm not too sure what kind of plants you'll find out there, but expect your usuals for temperate climates. Go ahead and take liberties.

Also: If I'm stealing the show in any way, please tell me. I'm not intending to in the least, but I'm a pretty forward player and we're in familiar territory. I'm just keeping the thread at a nice pace.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:02 am

Just for reference, Jack's cube would be red cause of the demon in him, or a deep green like his hoodie.
In face, can we have stripes, cause his hoodie is green and lighter green striped.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:06 am

Nah, I actually encourage players to describe their environments. It saves me some work and provides a certain level of variety that can keep things fresh. Even in an otherwise well described area, a character might for instance take the time to notice what the floor is made of or just how wide is that corridor. Consider the players to have author powers when it comes to environmental details that have not already been described. Just don't take over a place your character has nothing to do with. That's about the only thing that could potentially be rude.

@Book: Why not? Anyone whose cube lights up can feel free to pick whatever color glow for it they want as long as it matches their aura. If I've assigned a color that you'd like changed just let me know as it is a simple retcon.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby anti-paragon on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:09 am

In that case, Ann's cube will be a pale blue, as is her aura.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Grim Atescu on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:34 am

Grim's cube will be... well... black, possibly with little hints of red.
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:49 am

Mal: You got the 'stable situation' one, but you missed that Book was making an 'ass' of himself in the first place? :P
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:51 am

Nah, got that one too! Double pun dammage.
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:00 am

Once it becomes relevant, Staranos's puzzlebox will glow green.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Yun on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Question about activation: Yun has no magic, but would Sariya's cause the cube to glow?

It will glow red, of course. Like Avatar Yun's hair.
Yun
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Yeah, muse magic works too, but the cubes don't activate unless they get near another non-activated cube. Also anyone who has neither magic nor muse magic, (Perhaps Piane?) using super human physical abilities or summoned items (like weapons you didn't own until this started) can work seeing as they have magical origins, but you'd have to be in contact with the cube. Like trying to break it with super strength could leave you feeling drained for instance. Or using a gun while you keep it in your pocket.

It's complicated. I think after I have Oz and Pixel go through the process once I'll post the full rules of how they work here in a single post so it'll be less confusing.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:19 pm

On that note: Pixel, I would rather have Book restored to human form before we get abducted into Plotspace.

My home is really not set up for large quadrupeds. :wink:
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:13 am

Hey everyone, I'm going to be gone today probably for the next 7 or 8 hours so your on your own for that time period. Oz and Pixel can put off their abduction for a bit longer cause I'm going to need to be there for it so sorry about the delay. Either that or just hang out in empty plotspace (you can breath and see there as the cube's light is sustaining you there) and play the roll of your pull string doll selves whenever someone tries pulling the string or something. As to Pixel's question, at this point the cubes can be considered together so too late for resummoning them. Your attempt just gives you a poof of magic smoke and nothing is summoned.

Um, Wraith, yes traveling that way would definitely make the cube sticky, but it needs to be activated and partnered first meaning your cube isn't sticky right now, but it should start glowing if it's present with Grim's and on your next trip get sticky too. Grim's will glow too. I say that if you do activate them at Grim's place there's enough blood goop and magic stuff lying around for Grim's cube to get mildly sticky right away, but not to the point where it can't be pulled off.

To anyone else, see ya when I get back.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:23 am

Thanks for the clarification.

For myself, I think I'd rather wait; that way, we can help folks get set up at the camp-site. Plus providing transport for the others (Kay and Book to begin with; possibly others).
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:28 am

Sure thing. That's why I put in the part about hearing a mechanical whirring noise as a warning. It was designed to let you know something was up and wrap up loose ends before you go. Since Pixel tried to summon and it failed, you can go ahead and start hearing the noise. It will be soft in volume, but persistent and somewhat annoying. I'll post here when I return and we can begin the abduction at that time. Or later. It's not like I'm in a rush, but at the same time it isn't something I'd like to put off indefinitely.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:55 am

Huh...recently caught up with everything since I was gone the past few days.^^; sorry, lots of stuff to do that didn't involve internet.

In the case of Thom's cube, it'll likely start glowing a yellow hue, something like that of sand in a bright sunny day. Currently it isn't anywhere near Thom and his muses, since he just packed it up and left it sitting in the bags in the Van out in the parking lot. The only thing brought with were the tickets and of course whatever else was on him.

I'd describe the Airport more, but I don't know what it looks like now...^^; we'll just go off of a standard design, I guess?
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:18 pm

Wiki page is now up. Feel free to look it over, and add yourself to the list if I haven't already included you.

My computer has been playing silly b*gg*rs lately - I had a near-complete list of players typed up for the page, and then Firefox crashed on me and took all of the work on the page with it. Grr... :grumble:
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Very cool page, Oz...and yah I know how you feel on that. It's why I stopped having a Wikipedia account, my browser would keep breaking things I'd do and there'd be a lot of stuff for me to re-type. Sorry I can't really help much, but otherwise I'd be doing more.^^;
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Sleepy can I add something to me charecter? Just that her tech works even when it shouldn't, mostly she has internet places that normal computers couldn't and her stuff can survive a little more then normal but if your trying to kill it you can. She sort of had this already but it never got in her bio.
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:41 pm

I return! :D

Okay so Yun, AP, Atashi, Piane, Pixel, and Oz are waiting on my input right? I'll get something up for you guys as soon as I can. Just have a little reading to do. 'Twas a busy day here in the land of Sleepy.

EDIT: @Kgirl: go for it.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby anti-paragon on Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Take your time, I'm not just sitting here waiting for you to post all day. I also have to eat sometimes.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem