[Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Postby kgirl1992 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:14 pm

SHOOT! I forgot all about this after finding a CotW download, I'll go read now
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cameo on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:55 pm

I added a helpful note about how Cammy's zombies work (i.e. how to handle it if she kills your character and raises them as one). Namely, it's entirely up to the player. You could be a mindless devourer of brains or basically the same but prone to decomposition or whatever.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Darnit. I totally missed this whilst on unannounced hiatus. Is it too late to join?

Also, will there be a Space Station this time? Please say no.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:45 am

Wraith is good to go. Feel free to jump in at any time. Approved!

It's not too late to jump in AM. Just put up a bio here so I can check it's power level. Actually, I won't be back to look at it for several hours from now so as long as you put something up you can hop in whenever, but if I deem changes need be made then you'll need to do that when I get back.

As far as the space station goes, I haven't really decided yet where we will have our headquarters, but I would like to have a (non-mandatory) headquarters available. I'm open to suggestions.

On that note, you guys are on your own until I get back. That's probably going to be a recurring pattern of mine: Free style posting during the day and plot advancement at night. Those of you who are mobile feel free to roam about or whatever.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BinaryWraith on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:05 am

Post away, sorry for the length... and the creepy.

I had that dream for a couple months solid once. Really stuck in my head. :gonk:
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:17 am

Three! Three bios! Ah ah ah!

A note as to what will seem like a massively imbalanced power level; the world these three come from is structured like a JRPG; they can't actually kill anybody because no one else operates under JRPG rules.

Bio 1 wrote:Name: Bob. Just Bob.
Appearance:

Basically, that but lose the hat. Bob is tall, dark, and Bishie to the point of actually looking like a woman if you aren't paying close enough attention. He has short black hair and amber coloured eyes. The robes he wears are blue. He is in general suave, sophisticated, and very stylish, almost to the point of being Camp.

Personality: Bob is a bastard, although in a manner that is playful and not entirely serious... we think. He is basically an IRL troll, and it's all in good fun so long as no one gets hurt. Or at least no one he likes. He has access to phenomenal cosmic power that he doesn't ever use unless it would be funny, and usually harmless unless someone else is actively seeking to harm him. He won't kill anyone who doesn't start it, ever, though he is very good at making people start it. He is basically one of those guys who transcends being hated, and cycles back around into being loved. And then you hate him even more for pulling off being an utter dick with such style and charisma that you end up liking the Bastard. In other words, he is pure distilled essence of Magnificent Bastard, and he is totally unrepentant. He marches to the beat of his own drum and woe betide anyone who decides it would be funny to get in the path of his parade.

Bob is very, very smart. He knows what he's doing, and knows exactly how far to push people before it's time to shut the f**k up and stop pushing or run the risk of pushing too far, metaphorically speaking. He's sophisticated, and a fan of the plays of the Bard of Avon, fine wine, and chess, though he is absolute rubbish at the latter. One of his signature moves is to challenge someone to a game, play for a while, then start dictating how the game will go. And yet he still always loses, every time. Besides all of that, he is first and foremost a Scientist. It's just that his branch of science is the Arcane; how the world actually works, beneath all of the rules and laws and theories, and how to break those rules and laws and theories for maximum comedic impact. Don't talk to him about Magic, because he knows how magic actually works and telling him otherwise will just bug him. And he tends to react to people bugging him by teleporting that person very far away.

Abilities: Bob is a phenomenally powerful Sorcerer. Definition time; Sorcerers are basically a weird combination of Final Fantasy Black Mages, White Mages, and Red Mages, along with a bit of Scholar thrown in for good measure. The main defining characteristic is that Sorcerers draw their power from the world around them; from the lifestream, to use an FF term. How much one can draw at a time is dependant on the skill of the Sorcerer. And only those who have lived for a very long time can tap into the lifestream indefinitely. But Bob has lived considerably longer than even the most powerful of Sorcerers; he is functionally immortal. That's not to say he can't be killed. It's just that it won't stick. Mere moments later he will be back on his feet, totally unscathed.

And now, some nasty things Bob can do;

Nasty thing # 1: Force Reflect. It's sorta like Reflect. Except for Physical attacks. It's also a very cheap and nasty little move. In his words; "I love the look that people get on their faces when they attack me only to have their HP go down." It only lasts for one attack, and he can't cast it very often, but that doesn't make it any less cheap. He can also cast normal Reflect, which lasts for one Magic attack.

Nasty thing #2: Obliterate. It glitches the damage readout, which is enough to let you know that it's not a very nice move. It's single target and again he can't do it very often, but it's still a guaranteed kill for at least one person.

Nasty thing #3: Oblivion Beam. Causes every status ailment in the book except the ones that kill you. So no Stop, Doom, or Petrify. But it still leaves you with a lot of nasty status ailments.

Nasty thing #4: Warp Dodge: Passive effect; Bob has a 75% chance of dodging any physical attack that comes at him.

Nasty thing #5: Omega Flare: Big boom, hits the entire party for massive damage. Really kinda self explanatory.

He has quite a few other tricks, but these are the dirtiest ones that are directly related to combat.

History: Only he knows. He's been around for a looooooong time, and really even he doesn't remember everything he's done.

Theme Song: "Master of Puppets" by Metallica.

Bio 2! wrote:Name: Maxi Yakami.
Appearance:

That, exactly. She does not actually have fur besides the ears and tail (and yes, she does have a tail); what fur she does have is a light orange colour, several shades lighter than her blood red hair. Her eyes are dark green. Those markings on her skin are roughly the same shade as her fur. The rest of her skin is a light tan. her clothing is mostly dirt brown. She is five feet tall on the dot.

Personality: Maxi enjoys violence far more than is healthy. She's not exactly a remorseless killer; more of a connoisseur of fine violence. She doesn't much care for killing, but if the other guy dies then it's his own fault. Maxi also doesn't actively pick fights. She does, however, have a truly terrifying temper. Luckily for everyone else, she has an unkillable and immortal punching bag in the form of Bob.

For the most part, Maxi is silently apathetic. The most she'll usually say to anyone but Bob is a disdainful 'whatever'. Bob is lucky in that he gets the occasional "F**k you," or an "I hate you so much." She doesn't like to talk unless she has something she feels worth saying. She is in general an antisocial bitch, and hates everyone and everything pretty much universally. She ignores all conventional concepts of what is considered acceptable behaviour, and most conventional concepts of Morality in favour of what she feels acceptable and what she feels is moral. Which tends to boil down to 'leave me alone and stay the f**k outta my way.'

Did I mention she likes to say f**k a lot? She does.

Abilities: Maxi is superhumanly fast; she has, in game terms, the highest speed stat there is. She can dodge pretty much any physical attack, be it mêlée or ranged. And she has two daggers made of a rare metal called Obsidion (as opposed to obsidian, which is a real stone) that make her resistant to magic. Add to that the fact that she has inhuman pain tolerance and a very very very high HP count and she becomes a very formidable opponent. She knows an attack that does fifteen hits of four nines of damage to the enemy party, which will bone you if you have any less than a full party of three. She knows an attack that instantly leaves an opponent immobilized regardless of immunities, which is also nasty. Besides that, though, she's just a really fast dervish. She doesn't fight unless she feels an opponent would be a decent challenge, though, and there's really only a handful of people who fit that category. And none of them technically exist.

History: Maxi's father was killed in front of her eyes. By her Grandfather. And she idolized both of them. Then she ended up exiled for being a half breed. Then she ended up owing a lifedebt to a douche (TERMINOLOGY LESSON: Lifedebt = culturally acceptable slavery to a person to whom you woe your life; it can be removed by saving that person's life or killing him/her. If the person you owe the lifedebt to is killed, it is transfered to the killer.) Maxi then struck up a friendship with the daughter of the person she was in debt to, which in Maxi's mind ended up becoming an affair; in reality, it was mostly pity on the part of the other party. However, the Debt holder found out and took it in the wrong way, apparently killing his daughter and the girl Maxi believed to be her true love in front of Maxi's eyes. Maxi then snapped (finally) and killed him in a blind rage.

She was eight at the time.

Theme Song: "Behind Blue Eyes" by The Who.

Bio 3! wrote:Name: Sora Yamato.
Appearance: Sora is very, very pretty. She has long blond hair tied back in a ponytail, and blue green eyes. Her figure is impressive, and I'll leave it at that; she's fairly short at 5'2", but is taller than Maxi. Much to Maxi's chagrin. She wears fancy, ornamental green robes. Her skin is pale and almost looks like she's never seen the sun before. This is a lie.

Personality: Sora is the happiest person in the world! Everything is sunshine and lollipops! And kitties! She likes kitties! And puppies, and other fuzzies. And kitties. Did we mention the kitties? She loves them too. thing is, Sora is also naive. And lives in a world on the exact opposite end of the scale from what she desperately needs it to be. This is not good for her fragile, childlike psyche, and she has developed what amounts to a superpowered evil side. Or will, but luckily this Sora comes from earlier in the story. So she isn't on the verge of Face Heel Turn into a psychopath just yet. So, no, she won't kill you yet. Just don't be mean. Which is easy; Sora is so purely, honestly nice that disliking her is almost impossible.

Abilities: Sora is a Cleric, the other major type of magic user and the polar opposite of Sorcerers. While Sorcerers draw their power from Nature, Clerics derive their power from the Divine to do... well, the exact same thing as Sorcerers. And a little bit of important info; with Clerical magic, your position within the church and the power and influence of your deity are directly proportional to how much boom you pack. Sora is the Eldest living female related to the Alexandrian Royal Family by blood. She is thus, by virtue of Princess, the high priestess of Gaia, the most influential and powerful deity in her world.

History: Sora grew up isolated from others, and ended up being almost a child in terms of her mental attitude. She then escaped and accidentally fell in with the villains. Her very presence acted to force the group into a sort of twisted, evil version of Nakama. That's as far as this Sora has gotten, so thankfully they haven't started dying off yet and she hasn't started breaking.

Theme Song: "When You Were Young" by The Killers.
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Ah, sorry about getting back to you so late on this. I had a ton of reading to catch up on.

Author-Man wrote:A note as to what will seem like a massively imbalanced power level; the world these three come from is structured like a JRPG; they can't actually kill anybody because no one else operates under JRPG rules.

I was really worried about the crazy high power levels until I read that qualifier. So they are limited in that they operate under video game rules eh? Turn based fighting and all that right? Sounds Interesting ^_^

Approved !
Last edited by SleepyOrigami on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:09 pm

My characters (especially the villains) are comically overpowered. So I tend to gimp them in one way or another.

Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:11 pm

Just don't forget that you have to be brain transplanted into (at least) one of your characters when you wake up. It is the game's premise after all. I see you didn't specify who 'you' were going to wake up as. For more information on this read back on what I was talking about with Atashi when he was getting approved.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:56 pm

Oh, crap, forgot to mention that. It's Maxi who is the one that my actual consciousness woke up in.

Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:25 pm

So, if they follow JRPG rules, they can't actualy hit you, they instead stand a few feet away waving their weapions around?
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kgirl1992 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:31 pm

Unless they use magic then you get wet or the sun shines in your eyes
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:35 pm

For that matter, how would the "damage" spells affect those who don't have HP stats (i.e. most of us)?
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:38 pm

Nah, they still actually attack (we're talking something more along the lines of Final Fantasy 9 as opposed to 4, just to put it in perspective). It's just that their attacks ultimately don't actually do anything.

Agh, Oz ninja'd me. Yeah, the handwave for that problem is how I'm nerfing 'em.

Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Grim Atescu on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:37 am

All right... I've decided to give this a shot with a power suite I've got lying around somewhere... there's that slippery little bastard.

Name: Just call him "Grim", it's not like he won't answer to it.
Appearance: "Grim" has three different appearances, depending on which "stage" he's in. In the first "stage", he's basically human, with brown hair, blue eyes, and white teeth. A caucasian gentleman of average height in varying clothes (usually some variant on a t-shirt and jeans, with gloves). Instead of bleeding, his wounds leak black flame-like ichor with the viscosity of tar. If it is not cleaned off, it produces flames that eventually consume his flesh, leading to the second stage. This stage has a goatee. This form does not appear to have a true skeleton.

Second stage Grim is human-shaped, but taller, around seven feet. In addition, he looks like a walking three-dimensional shadow. This form does have a skeleton, which is hit if wounds manage to reach deep enough. It also has clawlike talons on its hands and feet, a red gash instead of a mouth, and two glowing lights where its eyes should be. The gash's only purpose appears to be feeding, although second stage Grim can also grow additional mouths anywhere on its body. If it can amass enough power in itself, the Second Stage can consciously change to the third stage.

Third stage Grim is the tallest, standing at ten feet. Tall and muscular, with more ferocious claws on its hands and talons on its feet, this form has a true mouth filled with sharp fangs. It also has wings of whitest bone. Its eyes are still glowing spots on its face, but its head is surrounded by a brilliant halo of energy.

It should be noted that while second and third stages are technically never clothed, it doesn't matter because they don't have genitalia.

Personality: Grim doesn't have morals as we know them. He hungers, and he desires to fight, but other than that, its moral capacity seems similar to that of a cosmic horror such as Cthulhu. Grim also seems bound by some sort of ban, because he literally cannot speak in anything other than song lyrics. These seem to indicate his mood, and are often used in response to questions.

In the beginning, of course, Grim will just be amoral.
Abilities: In stage one, Grim has small amounts of dark and fire magic, and the aforementioned immunity to being killed by physical means. It's almost as though the skin is a shell that must be shed in order to reach the second stage.

In the second stage, Grim gains greater control over dark and fire magic. Its blood also gains certain properties similar to something profane to all Gods, something so antithetical to existence that even the foulest and most evil Gods have damned it. This blood can, when splashed, cause burns that leave horrible scars on anything with a soul. Finally, if Grim sacrifices the flesh on an arm and uses the sharpened bones to flay the flesh of the other arm, causing ichor to drop onto the ground, each drop forms a weak clone of him (as in, can't hit hard, can't dodge, drops very quickly). Grim also gains greatly increased agility and strength, although its weight changes depending on how evil the person it has landed on is. The more evil they are, the heavier it is, as its weight in second and third forms is that of sin.

Its third stage form can fly with its wings, which are made of black shadow-thread and bleached-white bone. In addition, it gains even greater control over dark and fire magic, as well as limited ability with wind magic. This form can also make clones, like the second stage, but its clones are much stronger. These clones can hold their own in a fight. In addition, its blood retains the aforementioned priorities.

All clones dissolve into a black mist, part of which Grim can suck into its body to replenish its own interior blood supply.
History: It doesn't have one... although one could say that a being like it never needs a history.
Theme Song: The God that Failed, Metallica
Last edited by Grim Atescu on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:52 am

Are you sure this is the right RP grim? I'd love to play with your characters again, but that character... seems really off for this RP. Does stage two or stage three have any way of reverting to stage one?
I don't know if someone with a moral code of Cthulhu is someone you'd want to wake up one day as, in any case...
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:02 am

That, and the whole "hunger to fight powerful beings" thing.

As one of the more powerful beings in this RP (and one not especially fond of fighting), I find that just a bit off-putting...
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Grim Atescu on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:29 am

It can revert, it's more vulnerable during its reversion process than at any other time, and I should change the "desires to fight powerful beings" to just "desires to fight". And the reversion process takes a long time, and basically involves itself stripping down to its skeleton, without any of its protections. If it reverts from stage 3, the wings fall harmlessly to the ground as a bunch of tiny bones. The reversion process itself takes about twenty minutes or so to complete, and when it's done, it's at Stage One, although any bones knocked off during the process won't regrow limbs unless it can be brought back to stage 2... and it takes a couple weeks to get from "newly reverted" to "able to reach stage 2". Heck, at the beginning, it would probably count as "Newly Reverted", which bleeds black blood instead of black flaming blood, and can be killed more easily.
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:44 am

I'm still a little wary, but I trust Grim. It's your call, Sleepy. Grim is a good RPer and I'll vouch for him.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:01 am

Sure thing. It's about time we got some Lovecraftian horrors in here. I was worried that people would be afraid to just cut loose and be themselves. Though if you go on a rampage or something, be prepared to face the consequences of your actions.

Approved!
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:07 am

I'd say it might be a little over powered and far to likely to kill us all and I have a pervy mind
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kum-El on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:50 am

If Grim goes on a rampage I think we can expect to see at least Oz and Staranos teaming up to take him down...

And in some ways Staranos is more powerful than plain ol' KE.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:36 am

Just posting to remind you guys, I'm going away for the weekend and will be sans internet.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:58 am

Kum-El wrote:If Grim goes on a rampage I think we can expect to see at least Oz and Staranos teaming up to take him down...

And I would help as well. Just for kicks and giggles.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:02 pm

Kum-El wrote:If Grim goes on a rampage I think we can expect to see at least Oz and Staranos teaming up to take him down...

And in some ways Staranos is more powerful than plain ol' KE.

Eve would too. She likes fighting her fellow evil horrors.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem