[DISC] Shonen Hero School

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [DISC] Shonen Hero School

Postby Kalga on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:18 pm

I just don't find the character that interesting, but if you want to play her; she's fine.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Well, Kalga, this was my first character ever, and he holds a very special place in my heart.
Also, bio and character completely re-worked. This version is the much younger NS that everyone in the first Moperville RP knew and perhaps loved. Probably just knew.
Disregard the old bio. My computer's screwy right now, and I can't edit it.

Name: Anei Naito "Nightshadow"
Mold fit: Mysterious Classmate
Year: 1st
Birth Date: November 11, 2011 at 11:11:11 AM (2011 can be changed it if conflicts with the timeline)
Build: 1.85 meters (6'1"). Thin, bordering on generic bishounen build, although looks more scrawny than thin.
Intelligence: High. He's extreamly good at Science and Mathematics, and equally good at Writing, although he loathes writing essays and prefers stories.
Clothing: A full-length black coat with red trimming, black pants and a black wifebeater.
Uniform Modifications: A black uniform with some red trim.

Appearance: A skinny-goth-looking teen. He has long black hair, with streaks of red dyed into in. The bangs to the left of his face are totally red, but still black at the tips, and he has also dyes his eyebrows red and he has a deep red eyes. His skin is slightly pale, but not "Vampire" pale.

Personality: Somewhat introverted, he's shy, depressed and distrusting most of the time, but when he open's up; he's extremely nice and caring, and loyal to a fault. He likes conversation and talking with people, but doesn't quite seem to grasp the concept that you have to start talking to people sometimes; that people will not always walk up and start talking to him.

Abilities: He has the ability to manipulate Ki-like shadow energy, which he can form weapons and projectiles from. He is generally stronger, faster, and tougher than the average person. In periods of stress and the like, he can assume another form he calls "Lightshadow" he. His hair, eyebrows, eyes, and clothing become blond and blue, as opposed to black red. This form is pretty much "Super Saiyen" for him. He can float/fly and his shadow energy is replaced with light. Using this form is incredibly draining for him, and he will only use it if absolutely necessary.

History: Naito was created by a ancient elemental spirit of darkness named Darkshadow, who was possessing the body of the CEO of a Megacorp called United Experimental Technology Corporation. Darkshadow created him with the intention that he would inhabit his body and use it as his own; as his current body was wearing out. But in a fluke of science, Naito was not a mindless shell, but was created with a soul and personality. Writing him off as a failure, Darkshadow discarded him. He survived and managed to avoid being killed, and began wandering the world. A short time after, Darkshadow, in a new body, attacked him. He managed to escape with his life once more. He has been attacked multiple time since then, and while he has survived each time, he has come no closer to learning why he was created, or why Darkshadow continues to hunt him.

OTHER STUFF:
-Fluent in Japanese, English and Spanish, and speaks all of them with a British accent.
-Theme Song: An Empty Tome
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby TingYi on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Atashi-Cloud wrote:I'm just gonna say it sounds similar to Jodi and leave it at that...

If i'd ever played with Jodi or could even recall her....that might be valid. But for now I just made a cliche char. So what does that say about Jodi? Dun dun dunn...okay she's actually based of Kylie from Firefly....so there!
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:09 pm

and Jodi was...based off of...*checks list of characters that fit her*

uhm, yeah...Jodi's pretty cliche as well.^^; and I love Kylie, so technically I'm more in approval of your character than Kalga is. I dunno, I think I'm biased what with Jodi aroud...>.>;
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:11 pm

I have no problem with the character, it's just the direction the player might go.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:16 pm

uhm...honestly, I'm just trying to be nice here...there's plenty room for me to kick people for stuff with no reason, and I'm avoiding it...seriously.

And really, I do feel like I could use some help with Rikufuu...she's a little underdeveloped...I think.

also, making a random edit to her bio for theme song.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:22 pm

TingYi wrote:
Atashi-Cloud wrote:I'm just gonna say it sounds similar to Jodi and leave it at that...

If i'd ever played with Jodi or could even recall her....that might be valid. But for now I just made a cliche char. So what does that say about Jodi? Dun dun dunn...okay she's actually based of Kylie from Firefly....so there!

She strikes me more as a cross between Winry from FMA and Alyx Vance from Half-life 2
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Drayco on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:28 pm

Shonen's more than just cliches, ya know. It's a style of personality and action prevalent in a series' characters and even in the settings. Rule of Cool is often an aspect, and often being all hotblooded about things just because you can. Any character can fit in a shonen setting, whether cliche or developed... even the angsty ones have a place until someone smacks the angst out of them.
It might be worth pointing out that shonen stuff can be serious and dramatic, it just can't be constantly depressing and serious. At least not the main characters. It can have sentimental moments, but it's kept optimistic. Even people dying is taken in the best way. Any character who doesn't fit the bill for that kind of mood will either be forced to fit the Genre by the very conventions of that Genre, or they get left behind. It's as simple as that. *shrug*

Also I was going to say Lucca from Chrono Trigger. Though... Lucca isn't a cliche once she gets developed.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:33 pm

So yeah....that means Jodi would fit in with this setting as well...unfortunately, we have the tech side already spoken for with TingYi and I'm not about to force a new character in since I've already got one I particularly like.^^;

Speaking of...Riku will likely feel like a Princess Daisy later on, if only because of the fact she's got that feel of a tomboy with spunkiness.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:41 pm

So now we have a Lucca, and Atashi gave us a Marle, now we need someone to run around with a katana and big red spiky hair, and never talk at all.
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Author-Man on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:43 pm

Well, my planned character is a distaff counterpart to the Stereotypical Hotheaded Punk Shonen Main Character, so she could be Ayla, I suppose.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:48 pm

working up an idea for a teem cheerleader type, will have to see if it pulls together.
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Except I'm the wildman. I have the male equivalent of Ayla. XD

Also... *looks at Kyo* ...everything but the silent, right there. Though I suppose if you follow him around with a portable bonfire...
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Maxi: Then what am I?

Maxi: .........

Maxi: If anyone says 'the frog', there will be ass kickings.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Riku: I won't be saying it...*hands a particular sword over to Maxi discreetly, then flrrd out of there*
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:19 am

Author-Man wrote:Maxi: Then what am I?

Maxi: .........

Maxi: If anyone says 'the frog', there will be ass kickings.

The robot.

EDIT: And I've decided to not accept Nightshadow's character, forget his name. We have enough Ki Users with the NPC I've made (but haven't posted yet, should really get on that) and Kyo. If we get more varied people before the start, I might change my opinion.

EDIT: Wiki up to help me keep track of things
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:14 am

BANG!

Name: Itsuragi, Hikaru
Year: Grade 9
Birth Date: March 1
Build: Thin and slender, with the humble beginnings of muscle growth
Height: 5'7"
Intelligence: He gets Bs and some As, but he has to work for it
Clothing: Hikaru generally wears shorts, sneakers and simple black loose tees with odd seemingly random logos on them, such as "level up" "big apple" or "No1"
Uniform Modifications: None! Hikaru is pretty straight and narrow, he doesn't really modify his uniform.

Appearance: Hikaru has brown eyes that are full of life and short and wild, vibrantly brown hair styled in sharp bangs. He almost always has a smile adorning his face and refuses to wear any kinds of jewelry or accessories, including a watch.

Personality: A go with the flow kind of guy, Hikaru is embarrassed about his father and still and because of this prefers to hang out either at the local arcades, the local ball field or at a friend's house. He has a strong sense of nobility and is terrible at keeping secrets, although he hides many things. It is very easy to tell when he is lying and most of his close friends can see right through him.

Abilities: He can pilot a mecha! Really, outside of the ability to cheer up his friends that's pretty much it. He is synced to a mecha he found in a crash sight in the woods and now has the ability to call and pilot it.

History: During the summer of last year, Hikaru was hiking in the woods and noticed a bright flash as something fell from the sky. After going to investigate it, he found mecha power suit laying in the crater. Curious, the young teen approached it and as soon as he touched it a strange mark appeared on the back of his right hand and he was instantly teleported away in a flash of light, along with the mecha suit.

Apparently, the mech suit he had was specifically designed by a highly advanced alien race in order to help fight off a powerful alien menace. It was one of a kind and extremely expensive, and unfortunately now synced up solely to Hikaru. He spent the next few months of his life helping his new found "friends" and after finally staving off the alien menace was returned home along with the mech suit. Curious about where he was all this time, his father confronted him and Hikaru came up with the best lie he could at the time. He was at summer camp. His father, not being the brightest of individuals, believed him, saying only "well, I hope you got laid."

Family:

Hikaru is the only child of Mayuki and Hideki Itsuragi. Hideki, his father, is a horrible pervert and is always admonishing his son for the fact that he is still a virgin. He is also most likely the most gullible man on the face of the earth and the only person to believe his sons terrible lies.

Mayuki is a very kind and gentle woman who doesn't seem to be in touch with anything that goes on in the outside world. She always has a smile on her face and spends her entire time sweeping the steps outside, doing laundry, cooking and cleaning.
Last edited by Malachy19 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:23 am

Appearance: Hikaru has brown eyes that are full of life and vibrantly brown hair styled in sharp bangs. He almost always has a smile adorning his face and refuses to wear any kinds of jewelry or accessories, including a watch.

Appearance: What do they look like! Don't be vague, or I'll be vague on whether he's in or not!

Other then being vague, he's fine. Be less vague, and I'll accept.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:32 am

Kalga wrote:
Appearance: Hikaru has brown eyes that are full of life and vibrantly brown hair styled in sharp bangs. He almost always has a smile adorning his face and refuses to wear any kinds of jewelry or accessories, including a watch.

Appearance: What do they look like! Don't be vague, or I'll be vague on whether he's in or not!

Other then being vague, he's fine. Be less vague, and I'll accept.

I don;t know what else you want that's not already in his build and his clothing section. Guess I'm not in.
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:40 am

Eye colour, the way he carries himself, any identifying marks? Stuff like that.

EDIT: Okay, you edited it. Fine.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:06 am

Kalga wrote:Eye colour, the way he carries himself, any identifying marks? Stuff like that.

EDIT: Okay, you edited it. Fine.

I suck at bios.

In fact, half the time I don't even make them. I live on the edge
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:08 am

Also, everyone can have two characters. Three if you make a third bio that really wows me.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:11 am

I can barely make one! I might make another eventually.
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:45 am

Well, here goes another Bio. If this one doesn't work, I guess I'll just go kill myself.

Name: Sunji Lucas Ryusaito “Luke”, “Sun” or “Ryu” (he has heritage from America, China and Japan, and responds to all three name, though he uses “Ryu” while in Japan)
Mold fit: Warrior poet
Year: 1st
Birth Date: January 31
Build: 1.83 meters (6') Average, yet slightly more muscular than your average person.
Intelligence: Average. He writes excellent poetry, but that's it.
Clothing: Neutral grey t-shirt and pants, with a large Taijitu (Ying-Yang) on the shirt. He also has a watch on each arm.
Uniform Modifications: He wears his uniform perfectly normally (doing otherwise would disrupt the balance).

Appearance:He has grey hair, and matching grey eyes. When he activates what he calls his "Taijitu Qing” (阴阳驱动; literally, “Ying Yang Drive/Engine”) he assumes what could be called his “Super form.”
Super-form: See attachment. He also has lightning-bolt markings on his arms that are the reverse shades.

Personality: He is warm and friendly. He respects others and is very polite. When conflict arises, however, he can be cold, calculating, and downright cruel. He is a firm believe in the balance of all things, whether it be order and chaos, light and dark or strong and weak.

Abilities: He is a master of Tai Chi. He can manipulate Qi/Ki and Li. Li(Yang) is everything that Qi(Ying) is not. Where Qi is warm, emotive, and flowing; Li is cold, logical, and geometric. He has mastery over both energies, but they rarely manifest themselves physically (meaning no energy blast or the like). When he uses his powers, his eyes assume their look in his super form. When he activates his super form, the energies he channels become faintly visible (mostly in the form of faint white and black mist/aura that moves in the way he channels the forces though his body), and he can affect the world around him in a way he does not fully understand. So far, he can use his Taijitu Qing as a telekinetic-like force by making the energies flow out of his body; but this is very draining.

History: He was born as the successor and long-prophesied champion an international martial arts dojo. While he did learn Tai Chi, he had no interest in running a dojo, much less being an honored champion; and ran away from home.

OTHER STUFF:
-Fluent in Japanese, English and Chinese.
-He practices both Ying (Slow repetitive movements, the therapeutic, spiritual Tai Chi) and Yang (Faster, defensive, combative Tai Chi)
-His motto of balance is extended to his diet, and he eats very healthy foods.

This drawing was done rather hastily, so yeah.

EDIT: Improved.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (101.03 KiB) Viewed 2228 times
Last edited by nightshadow on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kalga on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:48 am

I don't see how he can modify the colour of a uniform and still have it count, but that's minor compared to the appearance.

Damn.

Unless that's like his super-mode or something...
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem