[DISC] Shonen Hero School

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [DISC] Shonen Hero School

Postby Kum-El on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:45 am

Edits made.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:56 am

Bring his age down a year, or move his birthday up in the month. Seventeen year old First Years don't make much sense, at least not starting the year 17. Unless he spent a year out of school cause he didn't get into any, or something...
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Or is a delinquent or something.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:21 pm

I did lower his age to 16...

Yeah, his birthday's in Oct, so he won't be 16 long, but he could've just been held back at some point or missed the cut off date for kindergarden. (I've got no idea what it is in Seattle.)
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:24 pm

Doesn't matter. Japanese Secondary Schools have to accept you. There's a test you have to take.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:38 pm

Kalga: May I assume you're replying to davecom and not me?

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:42 pm

probably.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Yeah, I am.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:56 pm

So...is Kyo good now?

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Sure.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:03 pm

The great thing about Nightshadow is that he can be molded to fit any situation.
In reality, I realized all my characters have the same Deadpan Snarker personality, so rather that just make more characters, I opted to keep one and use him more.
And here he is:

Name: Anei Naito (Obvious translation is...obvious!)
Mold fit: Mysterious Classmate
Year: Junior (or whatever it is in Wapanland)
Birth Date: November 11th
Build: Thin, bordering on generic bishounen build, but not quite.
Intelligence: VERY
Clothing: A full-length black coat with red trimming, black pants and a black wifebeater.
Uniform Modifications: A black uniform with some red trim.

Appearance: A skinny-goth-looking teen. He has long black hair, with streaks of red dyed into in. The bangs to the left of his face are totally red, but still black at the tips, and he has also dyes his eyebrows red and has a vertical scar over his right eye. He has a form of heterochromia, meaning he has different-color eyes; his left eye is red, while his left one is blue.

Personality: Snide and arrogant, but, ultimately, the jerk with a heart of gold. Or perhaps silver.

Abilities: He has the ability to manipulate Ki-like shadow energy, which he can form weapons and projectiles from. He is generally stronger, faster, and tougher than the average person.

History: He's certainly not telling. That, or I'm to lazy to make one up.

OTHER STUFF:
-Fluent in Japanese, English and Spanish, and speaks all of them with a British accent.
-Theme Song: An Empty Tome
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kum-El on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Gotta be a first year nightshadow. *Got caught by that himself and had to edit*

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Then why is there a field for "Year"?
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby TingYi on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:31 pm

nightshadow wrote:Then why is there a field for "Year"?

I don't know. Good question though.

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Re: [DISC-Maybe] Shonen Hero School

Postby Drayco on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:13 pm

Name: Rahn Zephyr
Year: First Year, despite his age. Not that it makes any difference, it's his first year of school ever.
Birth Date: Actual one is unknown. He picked October 31st once someone told him about Halloween, however, since it's a holiday all about acting like something you're not, and eating a ton of sweets.
Build: Impossibly athletic without being too bulky, he'd basically be a bishie if he wasn't so scruffy wild looking.
Intelligence: Book Dumb. And even THAT is a stretch. Rahn's blunt and simple as you'd expect from his raising. He also speaks without pronouns, of course.
Clothing: >_>; Mostly... his boxers. They're hunter green.
Uniform Modifications: Rahn actually wears the normal uniform, but he CLEARLY does not like it. He tugs at it a lot and changes out of it the first chance he can. He does wear a fuzzy armband on his left arm that's made from what must be hyena hide, and he never takes it off. There's two beads made of valuable-looking yet very roughly cut earthy-green gems tied at the wrist of it.

Appearance: Rahn stands at about 6', and often hunches over a little bit. He's built very athletically, and his skin is tanned from sun, broken here and there by a handful of small scars. Nothing notable, just a few to show he's clearly spent much of his early life wrestling things with claws and teeth. His hair is his most defining trait, reddish-brown and shaggy, hanging about all over with the ends in back a bit blonde-colored. On either side of his head, he has some of his hair in braids with beads at the bottom, the beads apparently made from various pretty rocks or wood. His eyes are hazel, and his ears are slightly pointed, and do move a bit with his emotions.

Personality: A lovable goofball most of the time, Rahn's like a big dumb optimistic puppy. He'll become very loyal to any friends he makes, especially females. Hyena society being matriarchial and all, he tends to respect and listen to women just because they're women, while men generally have to beat him in a fight or otherwise earn his respect first. He also enjoys fighting, though to him it's just playing, he doesn't quite understand fighting as for hurting people. He's also prone to a number of animalistic habits, such as sniffing things and scratching his head with his feet.

Abilities: Normally he's just inhumanly athletic, especially in terms of physical strength. And he can talk to hyenas and substantially similar creatures - mongooses and meerkats, oddly enough... however while hyenas are not canids he can talk to dogs, though he claims that "Rahn speak dog with bad accent", and it works the same way for understanding dogs.
Rahn's big strength (no pun intended) comes in an 'alternate form' he can assume, which... doesn't actually involve much of a physical change. When he changes, it's preceded by a laughing roar akin to a hyena, and he gets a few inches taller and a bit more obviously muscular. His hair also lengthens noticably and changes to match striped hyena fur patterns, and his features become slightly more animalistic - he grows claws and powerful fangs, and his ears get more furry and longer like full hyena ears. And most importantly, any clothes he's wearing at the time (excluding his boxers) are inexplicably shredded in the change for reasons that will probably never be explained, followed by a quick transformation sequence in which an additional "outfit" forms on him - he gains a simple vest and long shorts combo that look like hyena hide, with a very fluffy furlike collar at the neck and matching fluffy fur at the end of the shorts cuffs at his knees. His armband extends up most of his arm, with an forearm and elbow guard resembling a perfectly white hyena skull, with the two earthy colored gems that hang on it somehow ending up in the eyes of the skull. Lastly, a hyena skull kinda thing appears over the top of his head matching his armguard.
While in this form, he gains incredible superhuman strength and physical resilience, and his senses of smell and hearing become much more powerful.

History: Where he was born, nobody knows. He was raised by hyenas somewhere in the general vicinity of Thailand and Burma, though he doesn't have the look of a native to that region in the least. His skin is fairly tan, but he looks more hispanic-american than asian. The hyenas told him he's some kind of a descendent of a great hyena god, or something like that. He doesn't quite know the details himself, though he knows he has powers that humans don't normally have. Recently, the hyenas told him he had to leave them as was prophecied in times past, and so he began traveling east over land, and then sea. He heard in passing about Japan being a great place that's full of prophecies and interesting stuff, so he decided to go there. First by stowing away on a boat... then swimming there when he was discovered.
Upon getting there, Rahn found himself to be a wild teenager in a pair of shorts lost in a series of big, BIG cities, with the biggest things he'd ever seen til now having been mostly big trees. After wandering aimlessly and sampling some of the local cuisine (and being chased by people yelling stuff about stealing), he took cover from the yelling people in what had to have been a college. Seeing that everyone in this place wore funny suits, he stole a funny suit for himself to blend in. He soon was mistaken for another student intended to take the entrance exam, he was shuttled along into the exam room. How he passed any entrance exams is a mystery, though it's most likely because he was good at guessing on the multiple choice section (after determining that the pencil was not food and some CLEARLY bored testing overseer finding him funny enough to explain what he was supposed to do) because he picked all the answers with the biggest words. His scores in the physical sections made up the rest. He's going to take a lot of time to get used to a school kind of life, though hopefully having a good roommate will help. That roommate will probably be in for a surprise.
It'll probably start with the question "What's a school?"

Stuff:
- Rahn is somehow a very good cook, in his own right. However, his cooking almost always falls into two categories: 1) Food that looks terrible or inedible but is actually really good, or 2) food that looks great but is so spicy you could kill a small dragon with it.
- Once someone hands him a controller and explains what the buttons do (and after Rahn determines it not to be food), Rahn will be an amazingly good player of video games, especially competitive ones, in a manner on par with Grace.
- The school will hopefully provide him with a supply of extra uniforms after he shreds his current one. And likely the others after it. >_>;
Last edited by Drayco on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Name: Hayashihara Hanae
Year: First year
Birthdate: February 8
Build: Petite build but average height
Intelligence: High
Clothing: This shouldn’t be here it should be part of appearance so I’m gonna ignore it. Nyah :P If putting this makes me not get approved…I’m gonna laugh. A lot. In your face. ^_^
Uniform Modifications: Sleeves are torn off her uniform. Gasp!
Appearance:
Hanae is usually covered in grease. But not like food grease. Rocket grease! Or car grease! Or mecha grease! Anyways she’s got grease on her. When she’s not in overalls she’s in coveralls. And if she has to she’ll put on the stupid uniform…under her coveralls! Or however else she can avoid the darn thing. Her hair during school just hangs loose but she pulls it back when she’s working. She’s typical Japanese in looks but her hair is a bit lighter than typical black. Just a shade or two. She has a bright smile and a perky nose.
Personality:
Well of course she’s a bit better with machines than people, but she still has a sense of humor. In fact she uses jokes when she’s nervous, upset, or any other time she needs them. She likes to lighten the serious moods that might permeate ….if they ever do. She loves making all sorts of nifty machines. She makes them and fixes them. She even has her own mechanical companion. He’s her best friend, but she does talk to other people. They just normally don’t get her because she’s either telling jokes or talking about mechas and robots. Or rockets. Things that go boom turn her on. Silly girl this one.
Abilities:
She’s a sort of technomancer. She can tell when a machinized device is broken and whats wrong. Further, Hanae knows how to fix it. Being a mechanical genius is her ability too if that counts. She’s got no like magic skills though. Computers aren’t her thing really except those in say a mecha to keep it running. Or in her robot. She made his so he could do programming for her.
Backstory:
Hanae was born in a car. She was raised around cars and she built her first machine when she was three. It was a cookie stealer! She made bob when she was 7 and has been upgrading him ever since. He’s her bestest friend! (as previously mentioned). Mostly because she’s rarely seen out of a shop. Except like for school classes. Which she does well in but doesn’t care much about them. Except science.
Notes:
* Her robot is named Joe. He’s a bit of a know it all. And a coward.
* Her hero is Wildcat from Talespin. Even if he doesn’t exist in this world.

Also: And you all thought I wasn't going to join. I changed my mind. Don't ask why. It's not important.
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Bio edited to be better.
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:49 pm

...can I ask where you got the inspiration for that bio, TingYi? I'm rather curious...^^;

Also, presenting an idea I totally just came up with for no reason at all as bio for this RP.^^;; just tell me what needs to be corrected, since I have a feeling this won't be right the first time.

Name: Akikaze Rikufuu (japanese format, but goes by her last name shortened to 'Aki' for her 'performer name')
Year: High School, Freshman(First Year)
Birth Date: July, 20th
Build: Athletic, flexible and barely curvy enough for a girl
Intelligence: Definitely smart, but doesn't apply it to studies
Clothing: usually a swimsuit top, add a tank top when winter rolls around. Usually short, sporty pants and shorts that give off the impression of someone intensely involved in sports that don't require a ton of gear. Has a pair of trusty sneakers that look too worn to be good, a faded pink tone on the tip, sole and heel.
Uniform Modifications: Always has a shorter version of the standard uniform's top, meant to expose her midriff. Usually a longer skirt too, always an inch longer than needed.

Appearance: Riku, as she tends to get called, is very tan in skintone due to her constant outside pursuits and also slightly from the fact her father is an American instead of Japanese. She has atypically angled eyes, slightly narrowed and large irises tinged in bright blue. She has dark brown hair that resembles black, usually kept short to her shoulders and tied up into a ponytail or single bun. Has a birthmark across her back, mainly a skintone anomaly(not tan) that looks like a lightning bolt that spans only between the shoulder blades and stops just before her lower back.

Personality: Tough and very good at being flexible to deal with anything that comes by, Riku is laid back and almost a lazy person even though she is highly energetic during sports. Despite being so tough outside, she's fairly sensitive and actually displays this when she's being honest or trying to win someone over.

Abilities: Athlete of legend; basically means that anyone who's ever heard of particular sports she takes part in will have heard of someone who's a fan of hers. People who've at least seen the sport once aren't likely to know her, but those who watch it avidly would already know her name and what her specialty moves are. The two sports she's a part of are Skateboarding and Snowboarding, the skateboarding bit of which she had to travel with her father to learn about.

Aerokinetic; can manipulate air to her use, involves things like summoning tornadoes and redirecting the wind. Despite the few things examplified, Aki doesn't really have much control when it goes to larger-scale use of this power.

History: Rikufuu pretty much grew up first not knowing about her background, that of which is the descendant of a legendary extreme sports man called 'The Divine Wind' or 'Kamikaze' in her native tongue. Oddly enough, her father's past is pretty much unknown to most since he didn't use his real name in anything that involved Skateboarding or Snowboarding. Rikufuu, being his daughter, had to be told about all this stuff as a child and more or less informed of what her destiny would likely be. Unfortunately, with so many times that Rikufuu not actively listening, she doesn't know what it is yet.

The origin of her powers is yet a mystery to her and both her parents, although Rikufuu has embraced it as a slight blessing and enjoys using them to the extent of minor things...she actively avoids using them on a large scale, since it goes out of her control at that point and can sometimes cause more damage than needed.

Rikufuu has also been around other parts of the world with her father, discovering his skill and knowledge with Skateboarding and Snowboarding while more or less starting to follow in his footsteps. Her biggest plan is to create a personal skatepark, and maybe also include her few fans in it.

extra notes:

Theme songs; For her skater persona, Aki: Ace of Spades - Motorhead
for herself:Never Die(last battle remix) - Cave Story Remix Project Soundtrack
Last edited by Atashi-Cloud on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:52 pm

nightshadow wrote:Then why is there a field for "Year"?

So I have somewhere to mark down Years that aren't first.

TingYi wrote:Frankie's song was better. You fail...

His song was already dead.

@Nightshadow: Another one? And First Year.

@Ting: As long as she stays shonen enough...I guess so...

@Drayco: Accepted

@Atashi: Sure, why not...
Last edited by Kalga on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm totally gonna have a character up for this by tomorrow. So darn epic.
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:09 pm

What do you mean? wise cracking mechanic is so shonen. Besides the only criteria in shonen for the girls is "be hot."
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Oh, there's nothing wrong with the concept. The concept is shonen enough. It's that your idea of a lighthearted character seems to be slightly darker then the rest of people.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:14 pm

That is so not cool and not true. Bias lies of myth...Jerks...v_v
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:15 pm

I'm just gonna say it sounds similar to Jodi and leave it at that...

Also, Kalga....are you purposely just saying the bio is okay so you don't have to tell me what to edit? :nervous: If so, I'll take it and just go along since it doesn't really matter.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem