[DISC] Shonen Hero School

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [DISC] Shonen Hero School

Postby Drayco on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:16 am

I award this thread a gold medal for DERAILMENT.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:53 am

Oh crap I was going to type the opening during Business but forgot and read TV Tropes instead!
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:06 am

Bad Kalga, no cookies for you.

Ad I know what you mean, I have lost many cookies for looking at Doctor Who.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:04 pm

Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Re: [DISC-Maybe] Shonen Hero School

Postby nokvok on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:35 pm

I hope it isn't too late yet, seeing how the game seems to have started while I typed this bio...
[Bio]

Name: Maki Nicolas
Birth Date: 5/15
Build: Sportive, Slim
Intelligence: High but not unusually so. Musters a lot of discipline and common sense.
Clothing: Nicolas normally wears pants, sweatshirts and sneakers of various colors and brands. He also wears a heavy, golden and aztec looking jewelry on his left hand. It is a combination of a bracelet and finger rings with a large amber on the back of his hand. It is quite heave and golden and probably makes for a good brass knuckles.
In addition to that: Sunglasses

Uniform Modifications: He does wear his bracelet even when in uniform. Also Sunglasses.

Appearance: Nicolas is about 5'10'' high and slim. He got long arms and legs and looks kinda sinewy. 4-5 inch long weary hair shimmers in a light red. When the light shines on it the right way, it kind of looks like the amber in his bracelet. For a Caucasian, his skin is surprisingly tanned. Something about his nose makes his face look kind of... sharp and aggressive.

Personality: Nicolas is calm and disciplined and tries to never show too much emotions. He seems to be the observant type who never does a thing without plan. Schoolwork goes smoothly for him and he always has been the reliable kind of person. Injustice is irking him, and he can't stand seeing people suffering. That doesn't however mean that he is easy to exploit with teary stories.

Abilities: The bracelet on Nicolas arm is indeed an old aztec artifact and upon activation (touching the amber stone) it instantly transforms (or maybe it calls from a pocket-space, Nicolas never found out) into a golden battle suit with tremendous powers. The form of the battle suit fits to Animal spirits the aztecs worshipped, so it can transform into various kinds of forms:
- Eagle: The god of the sky. This form has wings, but no arms, instead there are incredible strong and sharp claws on the feet. Its speed is comparable to a fast car.
- Puma: The god of the mountains. This form is four-legged and is stronger than the Eagle, not quiet as fast, but with claws and teeth and superior maneuverability and stealth perfect for the hunt.
- Bear: The god of the Forest. The strongest form is bipedal, slow and comes with a crushing strength and short mauling claws.
- Dolphin: The god of the Sea. This is the aquatic form of the battle suit. It's speed and the hardened snout turns the dolphin into a dangerous weapon.
To function, the amber stone stores Sun energy. The suits power, if fully charged, lasts around an hour. It needs between 12 and 24 hours to be fully recharged, depending on intensity of the sun.
The suit also needs Sun energy to repair itself, because despite the thick armor, the suit is not indestructible, but it needs a lot to damage it.
Nicolas' adoptive father is also very wealthy and influential.

History:
Nicolas was born as Nicolas Abrams. His parents both were archaeologists and specialized in the old aztecs. They met on an expedition which was sponsored by Maki Akio, who became a good friend of the couple. Nicolas went to school in England, but visited his parents at their expedition sites at every given chance. Even though that meant he usually had to stay in camp under care of Maki Akio while his parents were busy.
It was during the summer holidays when he celebrated his 14th birthday in the mountains near some aztecs ruins. After some small festivity in the morning, his parents headed out to follow some leads to a new potential digging site. In that night Nicolas was suffering from bad, prophetic nightmares in which his parents spoke strange words to him, and when he woke from the thundering storm which had arisen he had the feeling something was calling for him. He stumbled out into the night, unsure where he was going. It felt like many hours before he realized that he was inside some kind of cave-maze. Despite the situation, he somehow did not panic, and instead walked on, using a piece of soft rock to hit marks into the cave walls least he got lost. It worked. Somehow. After another small eternity, Nicolas came upon a large chamber in which's middle was an altar. Above the altar hovered the bracelet with the amber stone shining like the sun itself. Like in trance Nicolas put the bracelet on...
... and the next thing he remembers is how he wakes up in the camp, and a very worried Maki Akio sitting by his side.
The bracelet would refuse to be removed, and Nicolas parents never returned despite intensive searches.
Feeling responsible, Maki Akio adopted Nicolas. At first he still went to school in england, but with some arising psychological problems, Akio decided it was better for Nicolas to move to Japan to live with the Maki family. Nicolas lost a year of schooling to that, but now he back in mental health, despite occasional nightmares and missing his parents... well, and all this ancient battle suit bracelet things, which Maki Akio managed to hide from most of the world.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:44 pm

I'll look it over tomorrow.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:19 pm

Now that I'm in an AP art class, and the art teacher is beating the anime out of me, it's weird to go back and try and draw true, blue anime. I also, have to try and get used to my tablet again, as opposed to the one as school, which is much better. There's also the fact that, at home I'm using Photoshop Elements 5, and at school I'm using CS3.

Thus the lineart on Seven was a little messy, and I cleaned it up as best I could. On Rahn, however, I kept some of the messiness, because it suits him.

Now, that just leaves....lots of other people. D:
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kum-El on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Nice.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:26 pm

A few minor details off, but <3. Nailed most of it even without a reference pic. Awesome, dude.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:32 pm

At least I only have one character...x3 if I had two, it'd be rather ridiculous.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:56 am

With all the changes Drayco requested.
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby Drayco on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:29 am

Little too much stubble, but otherwise you nailed it. ^_^
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Who's not in class yet?
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:51 am

Me.
Considering that I don't know whether I am accepted yet <.< >.>
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:04 am

Oh, sorry! I saw your bio as I was leaving the day you posted. I figured I'd get to it the next day, but I forgot! Sorry!

He looks awesome, accepted.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:08 am

What happened in my 5 day holiday?
Did you auto Yuki and Hotaru?
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:30 am

No one told me anything. :V

Also, who ever has not explicitly said they were in class by now is LATE!
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:32 am

I made a topic saying I was going away, but I guess you didn't read it. OK.
Any chance of them both being in class?
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:35 am

I could imagine Yuki being there, but Hotaru...

Convince me.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 am

Kalga wrote:I could imagine Yuki being there, but Hotaru...

Convince me.

Nope, Hotaru would probbebly be stomping throught the school, looking for lazy bones, trouble and Kotone, she won't let that slide easily.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:21 am

Well once everyone's accounted for, I'm skipping to lunch. Because I don't want to teach you all sophomore level math. That'd be no fun. :V
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:24 am

Yeah who needs to re-learn pre-calculus! Not me!
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:28 am

Gee, I didn't take pre-calc until I was a junior...
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:30 am

I thought you were ahead a year in maths? *gasp*
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:46 am

I was. Clearly NY divides their math classes differently from your home state.

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem