[DISC] Shonen Hero School

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [DISC] Shonen Hero School

Postby Kum-El on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Kalga wrote:I haven't decided either yet. Lemme think on it.

If you say what kind of power he'd eventually develop, that'd help a lot.

I was gonna let it spring out of what happens in the RP, but I can think up one now I guess.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:54 pm

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:24 am

Ok, here goes bio 2.
I am quite preapered to do major edits on this if needed.

Name: Itou HOTARU (I’ve done it right this time, Itou is her family name, and Hotaru is her given name)
Year: First Year
Birth Date: May the 13th, 1992
Build: Hotaru is built like a normal 16 year old, but is a lot stronger than she looks.
Intelligence: Hotaru is of average intelligence, but her battle sense is nearly unmatched.
Clothing: Hotaru spends most of her time at the Firefly Dojo, training. So most of the time she is wearing her Firefly Uniform, which is a white Keikogi, with a flame on the back. When she is at home, she goes for tank tops and Jeans.
Uniform Modifications: Hotaru doesn’t like the uniform, instead she has mixed and matched. She wears trousers from the male uniform, a white t-shirt and a normal cotton shirt on top.
Appearance: When she is not channelling her aura, Hotaru has long red hair (I’m a sucker for anime red hair), which reaches down to her back. She usually has this in a ponytail to keep it out of her face. Her skin is light and pale, and her eyes are a light blue colour. She has a slightly irregular nose, and high cheekbones. She keeps her expression neutral most of the time.
Theme song: Fisticuffs by Kids in Glass Houses.
When she channels her aura, her eyes change colour, becoming red, her skin seems darker due to a red glow and her hair becomes wilder. Her expression is one of rage and her canines seem sharper than normal.

Personality: Hotaru is very aggressive. This is not entirely her fault, it stems focusing on the Fire aspect of the martial art she studies. If she was to focus less on fire, and more on the other 3 elements, she might balance out a bit. She has no respect for authority, and the only 2 people she respects is her martial art sensei, and her mother. She hates bullies and is always up for a fight.
When she channels her aura, she becomes even more aggressive (but seeing she only uses it for fighting, they might not see much different) and even less respect for authority.

Abilities: Hotaru is a practiser of a unique form of Martial art, based off the four elements of Earth, fire, water and wind. She can also channel her Aura, to give her access to her powerful attacks, such as summoning flames ect. A balanced, normal aura is white, but due to a large focus on the fire element, means that Hotaru’s aura is a bright red, with small patches of brown, purple and blue. She does not use water, earth or wind very often, preferring to rely her strength, but her sensei is trying to make her learn to use the other elements, to balance her out.
Fire: Hotaru focuses on this style of fighting above all others. This is all based around kicks and powerful punches, and using a form of magic to enhance the strength of the punches. When in her normal mode, she can internal channel it to increase her strength and use her Defiant Flick move. When she uses her aura, she can create flames and fireballs, but cannot internally channel it for a strength boost, without a risk of burning out, and falling unconscious. Fire increases her aggression.
Her signature move is called Defiant flick. She creates a small fireball, on the tip of her middle finger, then flicks it at someone. As well as giving them the “one fingered salute” it also stings like a bee sting.

History: Nothing much happened to Hotaru, until she was 7. Her mother was assaulted by her father, and badly hurt. He was arrested and imprisoned .Hotaru was horrified. She didn’t want it to happen again, and started taking Martial art lessons. She had a natural talent for it, and a lot of dedication. The Sensei of the Firefly Dojo started giving her private lessons, teaching her to use her aura. Hotaru started focusing solely on the fire fighting style, thinking the others styles would be useless if her Father came back again. Over the past 3 months, her sensei has been trying to make her learn the other styles, to lower her aggression, by refusing to teach anything related to fire style.

Notes:
- She enjoys taking part in Martial art tournaments, and regularly comes in the top 3.
-Her Sensei wants her to take over the dojo when she is older and he can’t run it anymore.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:15 am

Name: Namikobushi Yuri
Year: first
Birth Date: 6/2
Build: thin but still able to kick your tail if she feels like it
Intelligence: very smart, but her book knowledge tends to be more random facts than actually useful information.
Clothing:
practical clothing, most of her outfits have patches she put on herself. (not this outfit, but pretend they are there.)
Yuri.png
Yuri.png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 2650 times

Uniform Modifications: black thigh high stockings, a miniature of the Namikobushi flag pinned to her chest.

Appearance:
an unimposing figure at first glance, Yuri stands at 5'4 and might weigh 130 lbs soaking wet but what she lacks in raw power in made up for with speed and agility.

Personality:
when you hear "pirate princess" you probably expect some blue eyed blond haired girl in a glass slippers who sips ill gotten wine all day waiting for her perfect prince to take her to the ball, an amusing image for sure but wrong. Yuri is a hard working seawoman who can stand up in a fight as well as anyone. The only time she ever sits out a fight is if she is busy with another one at the time. despite her young age she is well versed in nearly all aspects of sailing and pirating, she has a particularly remarkable amount of talent in sword fighting

Abilities: hammer space naturally, and she is a crack shot and it seems she never runs out of bullets, she can balance on (and sword fight from) anything that is able to hold her weight. She can predict when a rope will snap and is good at using it for both practical and dramatic effect. While not an ability per say it is of note that she never looses her glasses in a fight.

History:
Yuri is the daughter of the Namikobushi Ryuu, head of the Namikobushi pirate family, a fierce line of bloodthirsty pirates who are feared far and wide. Even some in the navy will avoid a fight with one of the ships that fall under their control.

Recently her father Namikobushi Ryuu has grown weary of the conflict and upon the Hakushi clan's change of leadership has made an attempt at peace. After much dissection with Toshi an agreement was reached, one term of the new piece was a marriage to forever join the clans, the marriage was between none other than Yuri and Daisuke. As one might imagine when the young Yuri was informed of her arranged marriage to Hakushi Daisuke she was not pleased. While she will admit a grudging respect for her archrival and his skills with the blade he is still her sworn enemy. She has agreed to bow to her father's will for the greater good of the family.
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:49 am

Fire Aspect Martial Artist and Pirate Princess accepted.

EDIT: And Kum-El's character, forget his name.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Let's see how that works for you.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:05 pm

Ichiro: Takahashi Ichiro.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:29 pm

He doesn't seem shonen at me to all. Sure, the powers do, but the rest not at all.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:46 pm

ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE wrote:Anyway, what about him doesn't seem shonen?

Kalga wrote:He doesn't seem shonen at me to all. Sure, the powers do, but the rest not at all.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:37 am

No offense to your GMing Kalga, but I'm wondering the same question. The character is rather bland, sure, but he seems fine for shonen stuff. Not all of shonen is hotbloods and stuff.

Though... one thing. Shonen characters don't wear gray, unless it's gunmetal gray. Shonen characters wear colors or stark black-and-white contrast. Even earthtones are rare.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:54 am

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:58 am

Drayco wrote:No offense to your GMing Kalga, but I'm wondering the same question. The character is rather bland, sure, but he seems fine for shonen stuff. Not all of shonen is hotbloods and stuff.

Though... one thing. Shonen characters don't wear gray, unless it's gunmetal gray. Shonen characters wear colors or stark black-and-white contrast. Even earthtones are rare.

Here's the thing. This isn't a shonen RP. I thought everyone was aware that this was a parody of the shonen genre.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:06 am

It may be a parody, but will it still be shonen like?
I mean, will we still be able to be serious and have a serious plot in it?
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:14 am

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:31 am

The problem with your first character wasn't so much that they were a parody, as they were Birdy.

theopenandclosedbook wrote:It may be a parody, but will it still be shonen like?
I mean, will we still be able to be serious and have a serious plot in it?

Not likely, considering that this is a lightheared RP. Ask Mal for a GRIMANDDARK! Shonen RP if you really want one.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:34 am

So the point of this is to more or less just have fun with our characters instead of reading anything too serious into it?

Founds sine to me. ^^;
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:47 am

Nothing too grim and dark, just a bit of seriousness, not all laughs and giggles, allow character to develop serious relationships and that sort of thing, make this more like a shonen anime ect.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kum-El on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:53 am

I've got two guys in this Book. Certain laws of Mayhem are bound to be in effect as far as 'developing serious relationships' is concerned...

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:54 am

Number?
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:54 am

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:56 am

theopenandclosedbook wrote:Nothing too grim and dark, just a bit of seriousness, not all laughs and giggles, allow character to develop serious relationships and that sort of thing, make this more like a shonen anime ect.

She that sword the size of a tractor? That's my anti-angst hammer.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem