[DISC] Shonen Hero School

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [DISC] Shonen Hero School

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:19 am

What about sexy female androids?
Or Card Game obsessed nuts?
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:21 am

well I am working on a pirate princess with Yun so one more girl incoming
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:32 am

10.0.0.1 wrote:well I am working on a pirate princess with Yun so one more girl incoming

That sentence made me visualize a pirate princess being launched out of a cannon, and someone yelling "INCOMING" before she tackles someone.
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:35 am

and now that image will be stuck in my head all day
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:36 am

theopenandclosedbook wrote:What about sexy female androids?

Book? I love you. I think I'm gonna do something to this end, I have a character idea that's been waiting for an outliet to use like this. ^_^
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby nightshadow on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:40 am

10.0.0.1 wrote:and now that image will be stuck in my head all day

Do you take this as a good thing or a bad thing?
The only defining characteristic between knowledge and belief is the point of view.
If making a story or RP is like baking cookies, then angst is the vanilla extract. You don't put any in, and the final product is bland, and tasteless. Put too much in, and it's bitter and gross. But if you use just the right amount, then you get something truly delicious.
This Week's Avatar: Me!
ImageImage
And now, my DeviantART!
ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
nightshadow
Keenspot Despot

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:46 am

well I am presently debating if being fired out of a specially designed cannon as a boarding tactic is to over the top <.< >.>
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:47 am

Drayco wrote:
theopenandclosedbook wrote:What about sexy female androids?

Book? I love you. I think I'm gonna do something to this end, I have a character idea that's been waiting for an outliet to use like this. ^_^

Wow, I did something good for once, go me.

Also @Kalga, how many PCs are we allowed?
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:54 am

I believe Kalga said only two PCs...speaking of, I'm satisfied enough with just one...
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:57 am

Ok, almost finish my first guy, and he isn't looking too bad.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malachy19 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:17 am

Curse you Drayco, I was going to make a battle android! *shakes fist*
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:08 am

You have aroused my intrest and will suffer for it! Mind if i join with an angsty magical boy who can channel elderich abominations?Yeah, don't ask, I read some very strange things.
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:09 am

Author-Man wrote:According to what Kalga's told me, you can not wear the uniform. But no matter what you wear in lieu of said uniform, you'll be Breaking The Rules and earn the ire of that ninja he bioed earlier.

To be fair, a hell of a lot of stuff with earn her ire.

Malachy19 wrote:Maybe cuz it's a Shonen game not a magical girl series :P

Magical girls can be shonen too. :<

ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE wrote:You have aroused my intrest and will suffer for it! Mind if i join with an angsty magical boy who can channel elderich abominations?Yeah, don't ask, I read some very strange things.

Actually, I would mind.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:17 am

Kalga wrote:

Nevers!

Ok maybe

But still!

*shakes fist*
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:39 am

Kalga wrote:
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE wrote:You have aroused my intrest and will suffer for it! Mind if i join with an angsty magical boy who can channel elderich abominations?Yeah, don't ask, I read some very strange things.

Actually, I would mind.

Yeah, I think that is what I often do. Power before character.

And Elderich abominations does this look like hentai to you? But with Mal around, you can never tell.

Also, is it ok to have writer style, serious angst, for my second guy, cause he is a writer, rather than emo-sit-in-my-room-listen-to-crap-music-and-cut-my-wrists-angst?
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:55 am

Damn, I was hoping to use him. Alright, I have another, similar character I'ld like to try. Can I join with a guy, who has become the host for an alien symbiote(not spiderman type symbiote, just to be clear) after saving said alien from it's crashed ship, only to find out it's actualy a wanted criminal of sorts escaping from it's planet? Also, jsut to be clear, the alien is female and it's entire body is like a lumb of clay, in that it can create tendrils out of its flesh and grow claws. Normaly the kid's in control, but when the Monster of the Week shows up, the alien takes over, turns the kid into a girl and controls the body while the kid spectates and give (somewhat)helpful advice.

Would that character be acceptable if I put put it in bio format?
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby KylenPhylar on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Kalga wrote:
Author-Man wrote:According to what Kalga's told me, you can not wear the uniform. But no matter what you wear in lieu of said uniform, you'll be Breaking The Rules and earn the ire of that ninja he bioed earlier.

Actually, I would mind.

This is Truth! Just look at Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, and TRY and tell me a girl who fires Lasers the size of most buildings isn't Shonen. It's jsut very GIRLY shonen

Still can't decide on my characters.
Avatar By Sanchay. Yes, the Original is back
ImageImage
Because I think I am. As does Nok, who counted the points
~ I know -I'm- not dead, just lacking in the meat department. ~: BinaryWraith

Supreme Commander of Fort Mayhem. Meaning No "My Gun is Bigger" fights, got it?

My ForumFics: The Writer's Pen, Wolf of the Seas
KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Cuddling with Hinata, working on a world domination plan.

Postby Malachy19 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:23 pm

KylenPhylar wrote:
Kalga wrote:

Actually, I would mind.

This is Truth! Just look at Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, and TRY and tell me a girl who fires Lasers the size of most buildings isn't Shonen. It's jsut very GIRLY shonen

Still can't decide on my characters.

It isn't. It is a magical girl series that is aimed at young girls, not young boys. If anything, you could ague that it is a thinly guised Seinen series as men ages 18-30 would watch it. I believe you fall within that specific demographic.

That being said, Kalga is right. Magical girls do have to potential to be Shonen, if done well.
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby FaweFC44 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:22 pm

ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE wrote:Damn, I was hoping to use him. Alright, I have another, similar character I'ld like to try. Can I join with a guy, who has become the host for an alien symbiote(not spiderman type symbiote, just to be clear) after saving said alien from it's crashed ship, only to find out it's actualy a wanted criminal of sorts escaping from it's planet? Also, jsut to be clear, the alien is female and it's entire body is like a lumb of clay, in that it can create tendrils out of its flesh and grow claws. Normaly the kid's in control, but when the Monster of the Week shows up, the alien takes over, turns the kid into a girl and controls the body while the kid spectates and give (somewhat)helpful advice.

Would that character be acceptable if I put put it in bio format?

Step 1) Write a Bio

Step 2) Get Rejected/Accepted

Step 3) If Rejected, fix what is wrong with bio.

Step 4) ???

Step 5) Profit.
Last edited by FaweFC44 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The 'You Are _ _ _ _!', 'My Personality Is...' and all things related are stupid. There will be no argument on this.
Malachy19 wrote:[07:03] Malachy 19: yes, I TOUCH myself

Context is for the WEAK.
FaweFC44
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:48 pm

Don't even try explaining that kinda thing to Chewy. I've done it. Kalga's done it. Mal's done it. EVERYONE'S done it. And it . Never. STICKS.

EVER.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Let's just start without him and run away screaming. And doing the chicken dance. ^_^
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Grim Atescu on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:29 pm

So I heard you didn't have a banchou. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Name: Tanaka Keiji
Year: 1
Birthday: June 7
Build: Tall, slender
Intelligence: Decent
Clothing: Black suit, white armband, headband, and various other banchou stuff
Uniform modifications: Black coat-suit-thing with buttons over uniform.
Appearance: Keiji has black hair slicked into a semi-pompadour style, carries himself with the kind of confidence only a delinquent could have, and usually keeps his hands in his pockets. He tends to carry only what he needs, has a bored expression on his face half the time, and exudes an aura of "fight me". He has brown eyes and is very tall for his age.
Personality: Keiji is a very "Go with things as they happen" kind of person. He never studies but still pulls decent grades (mostly by listening during class), and he only fights people if they fight him (it happens too much for his liking, but eh). He's been called the "Banchou of Kindama Middle School", even though the only reason he got that title was because he kept beating up all the delinquents who came to fight him and didn't complain when they made him their leader. Even so, he's got an aura of fairness.
Abilities: Keiji is a top-class fighter, as well as a great runner. It's all his leg strength... mostly because he has never used his hands in a fight since his first fight in middle school. He feels it would be unfair to take an opponent's challenge and then bring out his hands. His right hand is marked with the Akuma no Kigou (Symbol of Devils) and cloaks itself in shadowy flames. It has several times normal human strength, and can shatter bones without too much effort. His left hand is marked with the Yuki no Kigou (Symbol of Snow) and cloaks itself in a shimmering aura of cold. It produces a creeping cold effect in the victim, slowing them down. Repeated applications of that hand can freeze someone entirely.
History: Whether Tanaka Keiji was lucky or unlucky is a matter of opinion. Growing up, he always got into fights because people would pick fights with him. Then one day, he got into a fight with something that probably shouldn't have picked a fight with him. When he won, this thing decided to curse him so he wouldn't be able to use his hands again. It grabbed his hands in a handshake and thanked him for the fight... and cast two spells, each one marking a different hand. The fight after that happened in his first year at Kindama Middle School. He wound up using the Akuma no Migi Kenkotsu to punch the student into a wall hard enough to dent the wall. That caused two things: He was christened as "Kindama Chuugaku no Banchou" and he began only using his legs to fight (which took him a couple weeks to really get the hang of).
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:22 am

Grim Atescu wrote:Appearance: Keiji has black hair slicked into a semi-pompadour style,

<3
Grim, <3.

Also, Go Go Second Buriki Bio!

Name: Metango Seven (Eastern style, Seven is her first name)
Year: First Year.
Birth Date: March 9th, 03:09:07 AM.
Build: Average female high school student
Intelligence: Super-smart, but appropriately left-brained.
Uniform Modifications: Nope. Normal uniform, a mostly blue with white trim sailor fuku, the skirt going normally to the knees. And leg warmers and normal black shoes, the usual.

Appearance:
Seven stands about 5'7", and would look completely normal if she didn't have blue and white hair, styled with the blue hair at medium length and a ponytail of white hair in back. Her eyes also have blue irises and white pupils, but that isn't always as noticable. besides this, she looks like a normal japanese teenager.
...oh, right. And she has the android ear things ("Sensory Input Receptors"). Cross this with the ones from Chobits and you basically have the idea. The more extended ones are for absorbing solar power, while normally they look more like the Chobits ones, white with a metallic top.

Personality:
Quiet, calm, and very very... well, gynoid-y. Seven is as competent in social intereaction as far as she can manually think her way through a conversation, and gods help you if you try and use slang. She responds to everything by deciding the most efficient and logical action, for better or worse.

Abilities:
Being a bio-gynoid, Seven is stronger than someone her size should be. Enough that she could hold a Big Gun, but likely be bowled over by the recoil. Most notable is her reflexes and accuracy, which are both INCREDIBLE due to her mechanical mind. So long as she can see something aiming or moving towards her, she can calculate it's path and very likely dodge it assuming she physically can. For the same reason, she can calculate targets and distance and stuff, and basically hit anything she can see with most firearms or thrown objects. She also has pockets that function in a manner like Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic, and combined with her accuracy she's quite dangerous if fighting appears to be the best option.
Her body also has nanobot technology integrated, and can repair itself if it takes any structural damage. It just takes a while and requires her to be left out in the sun for solar power. She can also connect with any machine that has any kind of input, and control it to an extent (this mostly involves sticking her finger in where a plug goes). Lastly... she can combine overlarge amounts of solar energy with her own normal fueled energy to create a Beam Attack from her chest. This drains her enough that she's basically helpless for at least an hour after using it, but it's quite powerful.

History:
Created for an unknown reason, probably one that will never be known to the public (or her), she was found by police in the remnants of a destroyed warehouse after a huge explosion. After much deliberations about what the hell to do about her, one of the officers took her home and took care of her for a few months, though she proved to be too curious and too intelligent to be left alone by herself for extended periods of time. So they came up with the next best idea: Send her to a high school to learn how to act normal!
Yeah, the entire police force was going *O_o* or *XD* too. Either way, that's the plan, and she lives with that officer on the side. She's not technically adopted, however the officer often treats her as such.

Stuff:
- While she does not technically need to eat or drink or even breathe, Seven's body generates energy through an internal chemical reaction. The fuel for this reaction is, oddly enough, primarily caffeine-based. She needs to ingest caffeine fairly regularly to keep going, though in emergencies she can deploy solar panels on her sensory input receptors (the android ears). Oddly enough, "Metango" is the name of a popular mango-peach flavored energy drink, and the one closest in composition to an optimal fuel source for the little gynoid, and it was adapted for being her last name by one of the people who found her, who called her jokingly a "Metango robot." She took this to mean that it had to be her name or something like that.
- The lightweight bio-mechanical materials that make up her body are meant for mobility rather than durability, so despite being a gynoid and weighing about 200 pounds while looking like she'd weigh about 90, she is still about as durable against injury as a normal human. The only difference being that she doesn't have many internal organs to hit, though damaging her chest or head is likely to knock her out until her body repairs itself. As a side note despite all this, despite this she is anatomically correct, because her creator was a pervert, may he rest in peace.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:24 am

@Drayco: Mind if I dub her the Awesomebot9000, simply because she is. And please, make her first word she says in the RP "Chi".

And time for my bio!

Name: Yuki Satou
Year: First Year
Birth Date: September 29th
Build: I don’t know, kinda flat belly, doesn’t look like he works out much, might play a little sport.
Intelligence: He has not had an IQ test or anything, but has a natural aptitude for Languages and English, and does average in everything else.
Clothing: Yuki likes T-shirts and jeans. He always has a pair of google round his neck because 1) This is Shonen, and he can get away with it and 2) it stops him getting blurry eyes when he is riding in the wind.
Uniform Modifications: He wears his top button, undone, his tie low and his shirt untucked.

Appearance: Let’s start with the head. Yuki has bright red spiky hair, which is dyed. This makes him look abit like Reno from FF7. His hair spikes are mostly naturally, but gel helps with some of them. Yuki has big brown eyes, his nose is slightly pointed, and his mouths default appearance, is a slight smile, as if he is enjoying life. His skin is slightly darker than most people skin due to alot of time in the sun.

Personality: Yuki is a generally happy person, who takes life as it comes. He doesn’t like to wallow in the past, and rarely thinks that far ahead. He is impulsive, and will do something incredibly stupid, just to see if he can. His cares about people, and hates to see people hurt. He also doesn’t realise that sometime, his impulsive behaviour can cause people to be hurt or get upset. He is also scared of snakes.

Abilities: Why is anything Shonen? Yuki is ok at many things, but shines when it comes to scooters, engines and driving fast. He instinctively knows where all the obstacles are around him, so he could go fast, while weaving his way through a crowd (but doesn’t just in case). He maintains his scooter himself, and can just about fix anything other kinda basic motor engine. He did a karate class in the UK for a few years, and can fight reasonably, one on one, but does not like to fight if he can avoid it. He also speak

History: Yuki was born in Japan, on September the 29th in a Tokyo hospital, to Mr and Mr Satou. Everything was good. Unfortunately, due to a car accident, Yuki mother died when he was 2 years old, his father took a job in America, and they moved to America. For the next 8 year, Yuki lived in America, went to an American school, made friends and enjoyed life, while having extra lesson with his father to keep his Japanese good.
At age 10, Yuki’s father accepted another job, in the UK, around the London area. He lived there for a while, and at age 15, something happened to him. He had a part time job working in a Garage. The work was enjoyable, and the pay was decent. In the corner of the garage, was an old Mod scooter, from the 60s. With some help from the people at the garage, he slowly started to repair it.
Just before Yuki’s 16th birthday, his father got another job offer, this time working in Australia. This was a relatively short-term job, lasting for at most a year. Instead of moving to Australia for just a year, Yuki’s father decided to send him back to his native Japan, to live with Aunt and Uncle. The people at the garage were sad to see him go, and as a parting gift, they finished off, and upgraded the scooter for him to take with him to Japan.
So far, he has only been in Japan a month, and is getting to know the area. He is also looking forward to school.
Notes: His favourite food is Miso Ramen
His favourite drink is Coke Zero.
His favourite snack is Thai Sweet Chicken crisps.

I am working on a second bio for his cousin and a back up female bio.
Last edited by theopenandclosedbook on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:27 am

Uhm, book? Reno is the spiky red haired one. Rude is the bald guy.

Also I make no promises on your requests. :P
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem