[Disc] Moperville 3- Under New Management

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [Disc] Moperville 3- Under New Management

Postby Kalga on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:07 pm

I'm expecting it to be mostly the characters to set the speed and tone, but I'll still be at the wheel. And who knows, maybe I'll add a curve or throw out the bridge or make the road slick or extend this car metaphor past where it should have gone.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:54 pm

Right, let's take two.

Name: Marlee Nekomeru
Race: Human
Place of Birth: Moperville

Physical description:
Marlee's about 5'10", and has an average built, if a bit slim. Not particularly athletic, not particularly busty (though she definitely does have some curves). Most notable about her is the fact that she has nearly white colored hair, kept in a large braid that goes down to her waist, and tied there with a blue ribbon. She has fair skin besides it, and bright greenish eyes. She generally dresses in simple clothes, a shirt and slim pants or something, preferring the more conservative end of the revealing clothing spectrum.

Personality:
Feline, in a word. In more words, playful, friendly, mischievous, and on occasion capable of being so cold and calm about things that you might just frost over by being near her. She likes fantasy novels and the popular animes Two Piece (I lol'd) and the Lucky Bunny Bounty Hunter Show. The former is why I'm assuming she and Jess have become friends prior to the RP's start.

Brief History:
Born and raised in Moperville, Marlee lives with her parents, her mother owning a local antique shop with their home on the second floor. She currently attends Moperville (whichever everyone is going to), and gets fairly good grades in every subject but history, at which she is only decent. She aspires to be an actress, though preferably plays and theater, not film. Though she's not terribly picky about that.

Abilities:
Her personality? Idunno, she's a fairly normal teenager. She does have skill with hammers on a level to rival Susan, though she only uses one, and rarely even bothers as she'd rather play along with most things. She can speak, read, and write in both English and Japanese, though.

Weaknesses:
Normally calm to the point of being unnerving by it, but capable of being pushed to a limit of tolerance, at which point PEOPLE GET HURT. She also has a level of curiosity normally seen only by kittens, which is generally more of a danger than a good thing.
Last edited by Drayco on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:43 am

Future-catigirl accepted!
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:49 am

This one isn't a catgirl!
Crazy huh?
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:50 am

That can be fixed. And it will.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:24 am

Author-Man wrote:Calling this a protobio for now, until I bother to do the secret bio.

Protobio wrote:Name: Sapphire Ryo.
Race: Human.
Place of Birth: Doesn't know or particularly care. Presumably Moperville.

Physical description: At exactly 4 feet, Sapphire is very short for her age. She is very lightly built, with almost no curves to speak of. Sappire has short blue hair which is usually messy, almost to the point of appearing uncombed. She has deep blue eyes, and glasses with small round lenses. her typical outfit is a simple Jeans/Sloganless Tee Shirt combo, and she often has headphones on.

Personality: Sapphire is very shy and quiet, tending to be more of an observer as opposed to actually getting involved. She rarely talks, and when she does her voice is very quiet. She is fairly confident in her own intelegence, although she tends to get all LSE about her physical appearance, which isn't entirely inaccurate; aside from her hair, her appearance is very plain and forgettable.

Brief history: Despite being a native born Mopervillian, Sapphire has, to her knowledge, spent most of her life overseas, which is why most people don't know her parents. She moved back on a semi-permanent basis just a few months ago.

Abilities: Sapphire is an intelligent young woman, with strong logical reasoning skills and a good head on her shoulders. That's about it.

Weaknesses: Sapphire has a long list of psychological issues. She is painfully shy, and has serious difficulties dealing with people. She is terrified of dogs.

Accepted.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:31 am

Like that one movie where the annoying guy from the PC/Mac commercials creates a fake college?
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:35 am

Except with less Lewis Black.

Not from a lack of trying, however.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:21 am

*summons bio* yyup, I has a bio now.x3 sending the extra stuff as well.

Edit: changed the 'lolheightwhut' bit. Some extra editing has been done too...^^;

Name: Jodi D. Darellis
Place of Birth: Moperville

Physical description: She's about 5' 11" tall and fairly muscular, hidden underneath a fairly well-shaped body(slightly busty, not overkill) although you can tell from her abs and legs that she's strong. Tends to dress conservatively(long-sleeve t-shirts, jeans and long dress-like skirts) and avoids keeping her hair tied-up or fashioned in any way, though this is good because her teal-colored hair(she claims to dye it) is beautiful on it's own. She also has bright green emerald-like eyes that look teal/blue colored when in sunlight or overhead lighting. She also has fairly pale skin but doesn't get sunburned at all that easily, although it's attributed to her physical toughness.

Personality: She's playful, shy of strangers, highly intelligent and is amusing to be around for some slight eccentricities she has. Tends to go with her emotions a lot, although it seems restrained most of the time. The eccentricities involve video games, robotics, science and talking about animals in detail; all of which tend to come at random depending on her mood.

Brief history: Jodi has lived in Moperville for about ten years now, and is rather enjoying the life of a student. She and her family moved here because there was a small financial problem out where they used to live, out on the East Coast. Since the move, everything has gotten better and her parents run a Sushi/Hibachi Diner/Restaurant that has gained popularity slowly because of the good food. Other than speaking fluent japanese that obviously comes from her parents, she is a fairly ordinary kid aside of looking at cetacean beings a little differently than most people would.

Abilities: Highly intelligent and supposedly a newly-found genius in the sciences and literary works, she'd like to become a columnist for the local newspaper. Also has a higher healing factor than most people, and can withstand a strong punch. Enrolled in the Anime-Style Martial Arts, but only comes once a week(Saturdays).

Weaknesses: While she is good at science and literary stuff, she struggles in Math and things that require a lot of logic; it sounds strange, but science has theoretics, which is her strong point and the reason why she understands it so well. She also has problems with super-sonic sounds, like a dog whistle or sounds that go beyond human hearing very easily and tends to cringe or hold her head around them.
Last edited by Atashi-Cloud on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:36 am

Accepted, with a weird glance over the number of Dolphin Jodis there are.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm going to join
possibly cause I've been gone for awhile and want to get back into something here again
most definitely because I have work that I need to do D=

Name: Chester Wig
Sex: Male
Birthplace: Moperville

Appearance: Chester stands at a height of 5' 5" and it is likely that he has stopped growing as his father was short as well. He has a medium completion, neither tanned nor pale. His arms are lanky but he has strong legs. His hair is long and blond and seems to change in style every time someone looks at it. His eyes are blue. He likes to wear button up shirts (untucked) and blue jeans with a belt.

Personality: Chester comes off as shy but it's only because his nose is stuck in a book all the time. Whenever he does not have a book he can be very outgoing. He likes to share what he reads even if whoever he's talking to didn't ask.

History: Born and raised in Moperville, Chester has never known his father as he ran away with another woman when Chester was very young. He goes to Moperville high as any other kid his age and has acquired a job at a bookstore.

Powers: Booksmart
Weaknesses: He gets obsessive over his books sometimes. He doesn't like to leave them just sitting anywhere and God forbid one of the pages crease.
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:48 pm

A glare and a "why would you want to play this?", but accepted.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:50 pm

Because I like to play weird stuff :P
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:10 pm

New Rule: No more chimeras. You guys have given me too many.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:13 pm

Hey look, its a male duplicate of Jess.

Also, second bio pending poking catldr about stuffs. T_T
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Jess?
Well crap, I did not see that bio >_<;;

Ookay, guess I need to make some changes.
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:18 pm

No no! Male!Jess is needed! New love interest for Jess get!
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby jfan999 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:32 pm

I don't know about that Jess' books are far from in perfect condition, their state of disrepair my drive Chester up the wall.
inventory:
-TF Gun powered by the condenced contents of the time space Continuum
-A squirrel Teddy
-A cookie with shiny wrapper
-Six cans unlabeled soda
-A dead fish

I’m sorry you’re too socially acceptable to be socially exceptional

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:Yes.... Bullet to the Stomach was never my favorite flavor either.

shamelessly advertising noone's naruto roleplay site
jfan999
Keenspot Despot

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:35 pm

I'm working on both my guys.
Would I be allowed 3, I don't want to be accused of sexism, so I need at last 1 girl.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:44 pm

I think a date between Jess and Chester would go something like this:
*page turn*
*page turn*
"When'd your hair become curly?"
*page turn*

@Book
Hah! Gender equality, that's a good one.
*flees*
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby nokvok on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:27 pm

I hope two Chars are ok. They kind of are both half character anyways. Wanted to try something rare.

[Bio] 1
Name: Hou Nuo
Place of Birth: Small town in China

Physical description:
Nuo is 5'3'', slender and agile. She looks a little like those Chinese Floor exercise athletes, except a little more womanly, She by no means is 'skinny', but frail and slender. She has a little less curves than most Western men like, but aside from that got a very exotic beauty which just makes it nice to look at her. A happy smile and cute brown almond eyes emit a general friendly and energetic personality. Though she looks a little dumb at times.
She often dresses very skimpy, without the intention of seduction. It is more that she prefers light weighted clothes which don't hamper her motions. Her long, black hair is often tied back with two or three rubber bands, when worn open it quickly gets messy and hangs into her face.

Personality:
Nuo is, to be honest, not exactly smart. To be precise, she is so not smart, that she would have problems in school. Barely speaking English. But she is friendly and chummy, liking to be active and have fun. Where Fun for her is anything where she can do something physically. Sports, dancing, climbing...
She rarely talks about her family or past and seems rather clueless and oblivious and impulsive.
She seems to have troubles with the American culture.. or maybe with functioning in Society at all.
She doesn't like people who are mean to her... at all...

Brief history:
Nou is home schooled. She doesn't attend Moperville high, since she doesn't speak English well enough.
She immigrated a little while ago, following her father Mr. Hou who moved to Moperville about 10 years ago. It seems Nou is on the edge of being official mentally disabled and thus has not much contact to a lot of people and didn't find any friends yet.

Abilities:
Nou is flexible and agile to the human max and got unbelievable quick reflexes. She also never ever has shown even a hint of fear, and appears pretty indomitable in general.
Due to all her physical activities, she is also surprisingly strong, even though it's sinewy strength. She barely has visible muscles.

Weaknesses: Nou dumb. She also is allergic to Silver.

[Bio] 2
Name: Hui
Age: At least 10 years, though no one knows. Experts can tell she is in the prime of her life.
Race: Cat
Place of Birth: Unknown (probably China)

Physical description:
Hui is an exceptional Beautiful, pure bred Dragon Li cat. The distinguishing broken Tabby pattern along with the almond shaped yellow fluorescent eyes and tipped ears make her look a little bit like a European wild cat and only good hunters or experts could tell the difference. As most Dragon Lis, Hui is rather large and strong for a cat, but she remains graceful and agile and even amateurs can tell she is beauty competition material.

Personality:
Hui is calm and hard to startle, which sometimes makes her appear a little vain. She can be quite persistent if she wants a treat from a human, offering purrs and petting in return. If however someone manages to anger her enough, she can become quite furious and isn't satisfied until the offender is severely hurt.
She is active mostly during the night and in the morning hours.
A Character trait which is otherwise almost unknown to cats is her notorious vindictiveness. People who hurt her often find their cars or homes scratched all up.

Brief history:
About 10 years ago Hou Zhi moved to Moperville to open a Herbs shop. With him came Hui. Ever since, Hui roams the town to her liking. Since the old, Chinese man doesn't feed her, she lived off the mice she catches and the treats the nice people give her. Mister Hou is the only Human which Hui seems to respect. She never begs him for food or scratches up things in his shop.
She often hangs out at Moperville High, which is close to Mr. Hou's shop, and the teachers gave up on shooing her away.

Abilities: Very Clever Cat. Very Strong Cat. Very Beautiful Cat.

Weaknesses: Hui hates Water. She also has cat-ish urges and instincts which make her run after dangled toys or sleep most of the day and stuff. She seems to have some bad experience with something silver, since she seems to avoid silver things at high costs.

[Side-character]
Mr. Hou is a friendly old man of Chinese ethnicity who runs a Chinese spice and herbs shop close to Moperville High.
The Shop always smells of herbs and Chinese smokery. Mr. Hou usually sits on a bench before the shop and plays Go against himself, smoking his long, wooden pipe.
Last edited by nokvok on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Well, hmm, I take it Jodi would know Kaley then. Nice to know my character already knows someone.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:33 pm

The kool wrote:Might as well put up my public info. I've already sent the whole thing to Kalga, it is currently under consideration as I understand it, but in the mean time:

Name: Kaley Lanning
Race: Human?
Place of Birth: No one seems to know

Physical description: She has strawberry blond hair, green eyes, and by no means pale skin. She stands a little shorter than most, at only 5'7", and nicely shaped, with decent curves, and not at all weak. She tends to wear short shorts, and short cut-off jeans, to show off her figure.

Personality: Kaley is a bit explosive, a bit cunning, a bit witty, and entirely crazy. She has a flair for the creative, and is often impulsive and will act on whims. She also has a short attention span.

Brief history: She showed up in Moperville about half a year ago. No-one seems to know anything about her life before this, and she hasn't been volunteering any information, aside from a vague story about how her parents sent her off to live with an aunt for a while while she learned art.

Abilities: Kaley is an avid artist, and is crazy enough to take up just about any skill. She's a quick learner, so training time with a new skill is negligible. She also has been learning Anime Style Martial Arts recently, and while not one of the top students, is rising fast.

Weaknesses: It's not too hard to outwit Kaley, but you really need to not underestimate her. She can be overpowered too, but not easily. She seems to have an irrational fear of water masses any larger than a puddle.

Approved!
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Yay! ^_^
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:43 pm

The RP has definitely taken a turn towards antisausagefest. XD
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem