Mayhem City's Reckoning:House of Laws [MayhemMetaVerse]

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Mayhem City's Reckoning:House of Laws [MayhemMetaVerse]

Postby Amon Star on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:45 am

Judge Gianmous's Chambers
Ajac wrote:"Wahll. Ain't that a lovely little wrinkle. Ah, wahll. I encourage ya'll to stay and watch the trial. The DA wants me to go easy on both parties; give em the ol' razzle dazzle to prevent stupidity in the future. Aht's rather the purpose of Namwal's law in the furst place. Stops people being using the law to let themselves act like arseholes. Or, at the very least, punishes the stupidity."

"Trust me, your Honour," replies Ms Westonberry, "it was fully my former employers for us to fight and win this case legally. This is as much of an inconvenience to us that it is to you. But such is life."

*The lawyer rises and reaches for her PDA*

"So unless you have any questions, your Honour..."
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ajac on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:58 am

"Of cauhse. Good dayuh, Ms. Westonburry."

Outside.

Ajac glanced at the portal, and then back at the others.
Well, technically we're supposed to be waiting for my new bodyguard to come out here, but we've got an Author-in-absentia thing going on here. Sorry this is taking so long, guys.
"Life is actually very simple. We make it difficult."--Confucious.
"IDIC- Infinite diversity in Infinite combinations."--Gene Roddenberry, the Great Bird of the Galaxy.
Q'apla my trekkie bretheren across teh inter-web!
Ut is est Fio mos non planto is Verum.
God wants Spirtual Fruits, not religious nuts.
Ajac
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:45 pm

"That can be awkward," Amy said sympathetically. "Not much you can do about it, really."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Xepharon on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:59 pm

Rahvine pulled another cube from the small bag that was scrambled. "Ahh. Oh well. Back to senselessly unscrambling these things then." He began doing so, muttering mostly incoherent things about some kind of news video thing, and needing to get in contact with someone. "I really wish it wasn't 4 AM when everyone's asleep and not online..."

Xeph sat up groggily, eying the small crowd. Everything else seemed to be...not quite moving. Such as it was when a thread sat in limbo. Well, save for the Aware ones. Amy, Rahvine, Ajac... "Uhhnn....what'd I miss?" he asked to anyone who would answer. If nothing else, talking would keep time flowing again.
Last edited by Xepharon on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Proud Owner of an Evolution Gun
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:02 am

"Not much," said Amy helpfully. "Just the arrival of the Commander here, and a minor plot twist."
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Xepharon on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:37 am

Xeph gave her a quizzical look, though that might have been to be determined through the look of grogginess. "Eh? Plot twist? Great...That means that things are going to take a slightly unexpected turn. Eh, I suppose with the life I've had though, it's nothing to be too concerned about?"

"I dunno," interjected Rahv, putting down the now completed cube with the others, pulling out another. "I don't think I rightly know what it is. Though it IS early in the morning for me where I'm at."

Just then a shattering sound from a distance could be heard, and a baseball bounced and rolled to Rahv, followed by an upset looking small boy with a baseball bat. "I'm sowwie mistah...I tink I bwoke yoah fawth wall..."

"Nah, don't worry about it kid. I think I broke it just moments before your ball came through. Here," he said, handing the ball back to the kid, "Go enjoy your game." He smiled. The kid seemed to cheer up and ran off to...somewhere...lord knows where.

Xeph rolled his eyes slightly looking upwards. "I expected that kind of thing at the Fort, but not here..."

"Xeph, buddy...We're still in the Mayhem Metaverse." Rahv chuckled.
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby mdm on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:39 am

The Lieutenant glares at the kid, although you couldn't tell he was glaring because of the tinted visor.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:48 am

Ajac wrote:"Of cauhse. Good dayuh, Ms. Westonburry."

*Ms Westonbery picks up her PDA and briefcase, then turns to leave. In the doorway, however, she pauses and looks back*

"Of course, if you really wish justice to be done, then I would suggest a Law that punishes our so called protectors for dropping nukes on civilians. Good day, Your Honour."

*And then she leaves, striding with purpose towards the public area of the building*

Public Area
*Ms Westonbury enters the ladies and locks herself into a cubicle. Then, she begins to hold a very long text conversation*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Xeph sneezed.
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:49 am

"Bless you," said Amy.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Xepharon on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:45 am

"Thank you." He replied, sighing at the fourth wall. This was taking a long time.
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby mdm on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:09 pm

((*Winks at Xeph* He was on earlier, but only briefly.))

The Lieutenant had, by this time, run off to tango with a Salamander somewhere in the City.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:15 pm

Rahvine sighed slightly and looked around briefly at no one in particular. "Well, I'm bored with sitting idly here waiting...so..." He placed a hole beneath the rubik's cube mountain, and the books, lifting the hole off the ground afterward so that no one else could fall in and get injured. "...I'm going to head back to the Fort for a while. I guess... notify me via 'PM' or otherwise when this whoever we are waiting for shows up." He stated, fading into nothing.
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:56 am

"I can do that," Amy offered, just as Rahvine faded from sight.

She frowned. "Don't know if he heard me or not. Oh well..."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Ajac on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 am

Ajac was playing handball off the fourth wall.
Jeez, was this what it was like waiting for me?
"IDIC- Infinite diversity in Infinite combinations."--Gene Roddenberry, the Great Bird of the Galaxy.
Ajac
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:56 am

((Oy, that's my special spot you're playing off of. And yes, yes this is.))
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:15 am

OOCZone

Well is Author Alex_mage even around still? And it was kinda like this, but at the same time, we all know that it wasn't entirely your fault. You know, school and all that sorta has a way of munching on your free time. >.>
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby mdm on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:20 am

((I haven't seen him here or on the 910 boards in a while. He said he was gonna sign up for the BSDF, but he's been gone for over 2 months.

Edit: My bad, he was online last week, but hasn't posted since March 11th.))
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Saric Krass on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Lord Sharn and his squad arrived at Gold Square and began to scale the steps to the House of Laws itself. Sharn opened a com channel and attempted to contact Ajac.

"My Lord Ajac? Are you there? We're having a bit of an emergency in the City and we need to talk to you."
Proud Supporter of The Goblin Defense Fund. Because a Goblin is a terrible thing to waste.

Disciple of Slovotsky's Laws.

Member of the Schlock Mercenaries

Follower of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates
(Rule 1: Pillage, then burn.)

"Violence is not the answer. Violence is the question. Yes is the answer."
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think their out to get you it means you think your important."-Gilbran Quail
"You can never have too many enemies. The more you've got, the more likely they are to get in each other's way."-Jarvin Wallankot
"The insurance companies have prohibited me from -actually- burning people at the stake as a method of greeting, but please assume that such has occurred."-BinaryWraith
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

My Inventory
Saric Krass
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ajac on Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Golden Square, steps of the House of the Laws
Ajac stopped playing.
There are no good things that begin with statements like that, my lord.

((Before you ask, do remember that Dux is Ajac's colloquial title, the full and proper one being First Among Equals Commander. Thus, he would address Lord Sharn as an equal(socially) under his command(militarily); note that lord is decapitalized.))
Ajac
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Saric Krass on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Golden Square, steps of the House of the Laws
Ajac wrote:Golden Square, steps of the House of the Laws
Ajac stopped playing.
There are no good things that begin with statements like that, my lord.

((Before you ask, do remember that Dux is Ajac's colloquial title, the full and proper one being First Among Equals Commander. Thus, he would address Lord Sharn as an equal(socially) under his command(militarily); note that lord is decapitalized.))

((Yes but to Sharn, Lord Saric swore loyalty to Ajac not the DF. And while Saric refuses to rule the Sari, the Sari still consider him to be the High Lord. So to Sharn, Ajac is his Liege Lord's Liege Lord. That's gotta do wonders for Ajac's piece of mind.))

"Well sir, we're here to guard you because the City is being invaded by unknown inter-dimensional being. The good news is we're already engaging them. The bad news is we're fighting them in the City, their targeting the civilians, we don't really know anything about them, and there just aren't enough of us to cover the whole City."
Proud Supporter of The Goblin Defense Fund. Because a Goblin is a terrible thing to waste.

Disciple of Slovotsky's Laws.

Member of the Schlock Mercenaries

Follower of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates
(Rule 1: Pillage, then burn.)

"Violence is not the answer. Violence is the question. Yes is the answer."
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think their out to get you it means you think your important."-Gilbran Quail
"You can never have too many enemies. The more you've got, the more likely they are to get in each other's way."-Jarvin Wallankot
"The insurance companies have prohibited me from -actually- burning people at the stake as a method of greeting, but please assume that such has occurred."-BinaryWraith
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

My Inventory
Saric Krass
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Fri May 01, 2009 12:42 am

Somewhere Nearby
*Upon a roof, the Ninja lurked, gazing down upon his target. This was, without a doubt, his toughest assignment yet. Nonetheless, he must succeed, or die trying. Honour wouldn't have any other way*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Fri May 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Xeph yawned half sleepily. Sitting up, he was mostly bored, and began doing something he hadn't done in quite some time. He began humming to himself quietly, a song he could vaguely remember his own mother singing. While he hummed, he seemed to not so intently study a small green gemstone that closely resembled to one that could be seen on the pommel of his sword when he wore it. That reminded him he needed to practice with his sword back at the fort when they got back and he had time. It had been a few days, and the last thing he wanted was to become rusty. He was no sword master, but he didn't want to lose what skill he did have.
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Sat May 02, 2009 2:57 am

Still Somewhere Nearby
*The Ninja had no choice. Though he didn't fear death, he did fear failure. And here, with the target out in the open and surrounded by guards, he had no chance to get to him. He needed help. Both external, so he slightly raises his left hand, giving the signal. And internal, as he silently opened the box next to him with his right hand and took out the first donut*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Sat May 09, 2009 4:17 am

It was very green, the stone he looked at half absent-mindedly. He could remember clearly how he came to have it too. A few memories flashed by of the old man who told him a bit about it, like he knew more than he let on. But that was quite some time ago, and he held onto the rock. It had meaning to him, and of course, this being years after the fact, he knew why it was special. The tune he hummed at the same time still sounded through, simply occupying time, and like most, if not everyone there, was oblivious to the presence of the ninja. Xeph's tail twitched slightly, somewhat moving to the rhythm of the tune he hummed.
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem