Mayhem City's Reckoning:House of Laws [MayhemMetaVerse]

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Mayhem City's Reckoning:House of Laws [MayhemMetaVerse]

Postby Xepharon on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Xepharon jumped, naturally. Not only hadn't he expected much, but not right beside him, nor so audibly. "Jeezus! Ta! Holy..good lord...you scared the bejeezus out of me!" He excalimed, stating the obvious. He turned towards Ajac, who was still seeming to flip back and forth between alive and...something like in stasis. Ajac would get the message when he came too. Or he'd be wondering where Xeph had gone.

"Sorry Ajac...there are things that have me worried right now, and I have a strong feeling that something is awry back at the fort." He let his eyes linger a bit longer, as if to expect that Ajac would respond right then. Then he looked towards Amy, " Could you tell him where I went if he comes back soon? Thanks."

With that, he turned to the Warp-Aci. "Okay...Think I'm ready." He walked through the rip in space-time. Nothing prepared him for what exactly was between the other side.
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Proud Owner of an Evolution Gun
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChroniclerC on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Inside
"Well, it wouldn't do to have any bejeezus in you. Bad for the spleen, don'cha know," Ta replied as it hopped back in the gash, which sealed behind them.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:33 am

Amy nodded in response to Xeph's request. "Sure, no problem. Say hi to Cory for me..."

Although by the time she added the last part, Xeph had ready left. "Never mind."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Xepharon on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Rahvine felt a sort of ping. More or less it was a warning that Mayhem was indeed in trouble, and so was Xeph. "Crimony. That's not good. I'll be back later." With that, he simply vanished, making an audible popping noise as air rushed to fill in the space he was in.
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Proud Owner of an Evolution Gun
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Alex_Mage on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:12 am

Courtroom Three

Alex's colors seem to become more vibrant all of a sudden as a slight crack forms in the ice he's encased in. After a moment the crack grows, before the ice suddenly breaks. Alex lands softly on his chair, soaking wet, with an envelope in his hand which was obviously not there a moment ago.

He looks around the courtroom, confusion plastered on his face, before looking down at the envelope. The words, 'For Whoever Asks,' are plainly written on it, and it is completely dry.

"...What?"
Alex_Mage
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:12 am

Amy looked over at Alex. "Hi. Back with us?"
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Alex_Mage on Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:25 am

Alex jumps at the sound of Amy's voice, literally jumps, and lands on the table in front of him. He turns to face her.

"Um... I think so, uh..."

He pulls out a big book and leafs through it.

"...Amy?"

He puts the book away, and seems unsure of what to do for a moment.

"Um... What've I missed?"
Alex_Mage
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:18 pm

"Yes, it's Amy. As for what you've missed, mostly the departure of that lawyer woman, all of us coming in here and finding you in a block of ice, and Xeph being called back to the Fort because of something happening there. Oh, and Rahvine took off as well - I think he was heading to the Fort to help out."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Alex_Mage on Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Alex's confusion remains.

"Help out? With what?"

He reaches for his radio watch and turns it on. It immediately begins blasting chatter until Alex turns down the volume, and then begins sorting out channels.

"-it was too sud-"

"-arely made-"

"-it's gone! The sublevels seem to just be gone!"

Alex stops and listens to this channel for a moment.

"And then the fort just slumped into the ground and broke into pieces!"

Another voice comes through the watch.

"I hope nothing was down there. If so-"

Alex shuts his watch off, a blank expression on his face. He suddenly appears to be hyperventilating.

"I- no- it can't... No, they're fine... They have to be!"

He jumps off the table and makes a mad dash to the doors.

"Sorry, I have to go!"

He bursts out the door and looks in the direction of the fort, then at the street in front of him. He activates a Wind spell and quickly rises into the air, then dives at the ground just before tossing a Fire spell and opening a hole into the sewers. He enters the hole and zooms off...
Alex_Mage
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Negotiation room
*Mr Pearce sits at the table, going over the case notes, as he waits for the DF's representative to arrive*
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Sir MDM steps into the negotiation room, pulling his trenchcoat off and hanging it from the back of his chair; he's wearing a military officer's uniform with a double-breasted coat underneath, but no visible weapons. Taking a seat, he sets the paperwork down in front of him and leans forward, resting his chin in his hands as he stares into Pearce's eyes.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Mayhem City's Reckoning: House of Laws [MayhemMetaVerse]

Postby Amon Star on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:33 am

Negotiation Room
mdm wrote:Sir MDM steps into the negotiation room, pulling his trenchcoat off and hanging it from the back of his chair; he's wearing a military officer's uniform with a double-breasted coat underneath, but no visible weapons. Taking a seat, he sets the paperwork down in front of him and leans forward, resting his chin in his hands as he stares into Pearce's eyes.

*Mr Pearce extends his hand*

"I take it you are Defence Force's representative," he states with a smile.

"Colin Pearce, attorney-at-law," he'll introduce himself if MDM shakes hands. "Who do I have the honor of negotiating with?"
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:13 am

"Colonel Sir Matthias DeWitt Mondale, commanding officer, Seventeen Seventy-Sixth Terran Drop Infantry Regiment of Her Imperial Majesty's Marine Corps."
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:43 am

A dark-haired catgirl put her head around the door. "Good day, gentlemen. Do either of you require anything in the way of refreshments?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:31 pm

OOC Zone
Sorry about the delay in posting.

Negotiation Room
mdm wrote:"Colonel Sir Matthias DeWitt Mondale, commanding officer, Seventeen Seventy-Sixth Terran Drop Infantry Regiment of Her Imperial Majesty's Marine Corps."

*Mr Pearce has a very a firm, strong handshake*

"Ah," the lawyer declares, "the famous Sir MDM the Persistant. It's an honour to be..."
OzLionHeart wrote:A dark-haired catgirl put her head around the door. "Good day, gentlemen. Do either of you require anything in the way of refreshments?"

"Oh, ah, a mineral water for me please," requests Colin.

*He looks at MDM*

"And for my friend here...?"
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:02 am

"I'll take water as well."
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:00 am

The catgirl nodded.

"Coming right up," she said cheerfully, and disappeared around the door.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:59 am

Negotiation Room
"So," declares Pearce as he turns back MDM, "good sir, shall we begin?"
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:24 pm

"No reason not to, to be honest. Let's."
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:09 am

Negotiation Room
mdm wrote:"No reason not to, to be honest. Let's."

"Excellent," beams Pearce as he turns an document to face MDM. "Now, it would be easiest for all concerned if the Defence Force simple accepts my clients demands. We all know they're guilty and we all know they can afford it."

*The lawyer holds out a pen*

"So if you would just sign here..."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:10 am

The catgirl chose that moment to re-appear, carrying a tray with the requested drinks on it.

"Here you go, gentlemen," she said, as she placed the drinks on the table in front of the two men. "Would you like anything else?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:25 am

Negotiation Roon
OzLionHeart wrote:The catgirl chose that moment to re-appear, carrying a tray with the requested drinks on it.

"Here you go, gentlemen," she said, as she placed the drinks on the table in front of the two men. "Would you like anything else?"

"Nothing for me, thank you," replies Mr Pearce as he takes the nearest glass.
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:05 pm

"Hang on a second, I'm not stupid. I want to read these demands first before I sign -anything-, smartass. And no thank you, ma'am."

The colonel quietly begins reading over the document, occasionally sipping his water.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Negotiation Room
mdm wrote:"Hang on a second, I'm not stupid. I want to read these demands first before I sign -anything-, smartass. And no thank you, ma'am."

The colonel quietly begins reading over the document, occasionally sipping his water.

*The document contains no sinister small print. It simple lists the name of each plaintiff, the exact reasons they are sueing the Defence Force, ie, people killed and property destroyed, and the exact amount they are demanding. It also lists the total again, which as previously stated is enough to run the MOC for thirty thousand years*

*While MDM is reading, Mr Pearce takes out a small packet, about the size of a KFC salt packet, rips it open and then pours the powdery contents into his own glass*
Last edited by Amon Star on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Sir MDM twirls the pen with one hand, rubbing his chin with the other.

"Who is your client again? Refresh my memory..."
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem