Planet Haroun: Mayhem's First Colony

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Planet Haroun: Mayhem's First Colony

Postby mdm on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:10 pm

The leader approaches Revjak. "I am MDM. I'm the leader of a group of soldiers of fortune, and we'd be willing to help you establish a settlement here."
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:40 pm

OOC Zone
mdm wrote:((Dropship, singular. The rest were orbital insertion pods. And yes, I shall change the backstory to mercenaries.))

Personally, I think it would have been better if you kept it the GU. Jstone said he wanted something to shoot and the fact that they've both interfered with a criminal investigation, then used threats of violence to try and get away with it, coupled with a apparent invasion, would have given him that. But it's up to you.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Amon Star wrote:OOC Zone
mdm wrote:((Dropship, singular. The rest were orbital insertion pods. And yes, I shall change the backstory to mercenaries.))

Personally, I think it would have been better if you kept it the GU. Jstone said he wanted something to shoot and the fact that they've both interfered with a criminal investigation, then used threats of violence to try and get away with it, coupled with a apparent invasion, would have given him that. But it's up to you.

((True, they did say that firing on the dropship would be construed as an act of war. But if he did start firing...the outcome would have been rather nasty. I mentioned this to him in a PM. And as for interfering with the investigation, that was an accident. He didn't realize that the police were going to investigate the portal. He just wanted to rush in, TF rifle ablazing, and end the whole thing then and there. And as for the apparent invasion, I know the post I made sounded awfully like that, but I didn't feel like going in on the colony ships and wanted to make a different entrance.

Edit: As for Jstone shooting stuff, that's why I created a Space Battle thread.))
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jstone on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Space

*A battlegroup drops out of spacewarp in incredibly high orbit around Haroun and hails the large ship.*

"This is Admiral Jstone of the EGSDF Fleet. Please state your purpose here."
Testimonials:
hammerqueen wrote:I am both impressed and mildly concerned.
BumRussianElvis wrote:Note to self: Don't sing around Jstone when he is armed with impromptu projectiles.
In response to me being called moderator material, pixelhead777 wrote:Not Jstone. NOT Jstone.
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:50 pm

((Uh, it jumped back into hyperspace after it launched the dropship and the insertion pods. Edit: But just so you can have an answer...))

"This is the Dreadnaught Dauntless, deploying a team of mercenaries to the planet's surface. We weren't aware this was your world."
Last edited by mdm on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jstone on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:52 pm

((Okay, then he hails the leader of the ground force.))
Testimonials:
BumRussianElvis wrote:Note to self: Don't sing around Jstone when he is armed with impromptu projectiles.
In response to me being called moderator material, pixelhead777 wrote:Not Jstone. NOT Jstone.
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby A Fan on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:52 pm

twilightdusk wrote:Dusk mentally kicked himself. He was needlessly expanding on what was a simple question when phrased this way. 'I apologize. I am here now with some others to explore this world. I apologize for that needless confusion.'

The spirit considered this. The antics with Kathrin seemed to amuse it. "Heh heh. Silly animal things." It regained its composure. "Explore? Yes. May now use spirits. But! Must return favor. Spirits well tell how, when spells cast. No do, no help. Yes?"
For information on this and other subjects, consult your local ninja.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
Remember: You can't spell combustion without two O's
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Jstone wrote:((Okay, then he hails the leader of the ground force.))

((Oops, I think I ninja'd you. Refer to my previous post.))
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby twilightdusk on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:57 pm

Dusk gave a sigh of relief. 'Of course. It would be quite unfair to expect your help without doing something for you.'
Jesse_God_of_Awesome: Poptarts, man. Total firehazard.
A. Einstein: Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its life thinking that it's stupid.
BinaryWraith: Surrounded by idiots and madmen, and no way to tell which is which.
KillerFish:Gah, conflicted! And drunk!
Mostly drunk.
twilightdusk
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Darkness surrounding me, exept for the light of the blood-red moon.

Postby Cheez on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:58 pm

mdm wrote:The leader approaches Revjak. "I am MDM. I'm the leader of a group of soldiers of fortune, and we'd be willing to help you establish a settlement here."

Rejvak snorted. "Chatoh, MDM. I suggest you talk to someone else. I do not plan on establishing a settlement."

((Dusk- Is it just your character who can hear/understand the character, or can the rest of us?))
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:59 pm

"Who do I talk to then? Who is the commander of this mission?"
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby twilightdusk on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Cheez wrote:((Dusk- Is it just your character who can hear/understand the character, or can the rest of us?))

((For the most part, just Dusk. There's a sort of bubble around me and around the spirit where the translation takes place, someone in that bubble, such as Kathrin earlier, would also be able to hear the conversation.))
A. Einstein: Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its life thinking that it's stupid.
BinaryWraith: Surrounded by idiots and madmen, and no way to tell which is which.
Mostly drunk.
twilightdusk
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cheez on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Rejvak shrugged. "I did not ask."
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:09 pm

"Then I shall go ask around."
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jstone on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:10 pm

Space

"Acknowledged. Looking for work?"
Testimonials:
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:13 pm

"Yes, we are. If we may have your permission, we'd like to deploy several light ground vehicles for reconnaissance."

((Think kinda like Jeeps, except they're armored, have seats for a driver, passenger, and gunner, and are armed with chainguns that use depleted uranium slugs for ammo. Hopefully those won't have to be used.))
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby twilightdusk on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:15 pm

((.....this is sounding more and more like an invasion every time you post))
Mostly drunk.
twilightdusk
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:29 pm

((Relax. They're just gonna do a little recon then get back on a dropship and leave. Oops, showed my hand. Edit: Do we really have to go through this again? Oh, jeez...))
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jstone on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:41 pm

"That should be fine. Just don't make a habit of it."
Testimonials:
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cheez on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:45 pm

((Don't worry about it sounding like an invasion. Just RP it, and if people think they're being invaded then so be it.))
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:45 pm

*A dropship takes off from the Dauntless. It soon lands and offloads 3 reconnaissance vehicles. The gunner seat of each of these is empty, and MDM hops into the unoccupied passenger seat of the lead vehicle. They zoom off into the distance*
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby A Fan on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:00 pm

twilightdusk wrote:Dusk gave a sigh of relief. 'Of course. It would be quite unfair to expect your help without doing something for you.'

The spirit gave the impression of a smile. "Is good. Thanks. Bye now." It scuttled off, pausing only to look at MDM. If the translation spell was still in effect, Dusk would hear a loud "DO NOT WANT."

((Lolspirits. Yes, I am shameless.))
For information on this and other subjects, consult your local ninja.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
Remember: You can't spell combustion without two O's
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:12 am

OOC Zone
mdm wrote:((True, they did say that firing on the dropship would be construed as an act of war. But if he did start firing...the outcome would have been rather nasty. I mentioned this to him in a PM. And as for interfering with the investigation, that was an accident. He didn't realize that the police were going to investigate the portal. He just wanted to rush in, TF rifle ablazing, and end the whole thing then and there. And as for the apparent invasion, I know the post I made sounded awfully like that, but I didn't feel like going in on the colony ships and wanted to make a different entrance.))

I have no problem with the accident. They happen. However, when you pulled out military force to get out of the mess you made of things, that's when the GU declared themselves hostile. Actions have consequences.
Cheez wrote:((Don't worry about it sounding like an invasion. Just RP it, and if people think they're being invaded then so be it.))

What Cheez said.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby twilightdusk on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:57 am

Dusk smiled. "That went well, I think."
Mostly drunk.
twilightdusk
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:11 am

Kathrine sat there, where she had been dropped, watching Dusk intently "What was that? Did it want to play tag?"
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem